1. Post #281
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    November 2005
    16,791 Posts
    Smooth that shit bro.
    Shut up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #282
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    13,293 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

3. Post #283
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,356 Posts
    Steampunk doesn't mean everything has logos and symbols on it either. Yet it still works and looks cool.

Steampunk is when steam power is widely used. There's no reason for it to not be either, and I'm just suggesting it because I think it would look cool in my opinion. Not because it's required.

Edited:

But my god, a custom model that has a big cog on the sides of it that rotate whenever the flaregun is opened would be amazing.

Steampunk earbuds replacement?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Zing Zing x 1 (list)

4. Post #284
    Puuurple
    May 2008
    14,853 Posts
    Steampunk earbuds replacement?
    Would be cool.

Edited:

Sniper's watch replacement on the default model?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 15Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #285
    Can't Keep Johnny Down
    April 2009
    2,376 Posts

With realistic wood

With smart blur wood

So, should I redraw the brass, or leave it?

btw these are far from done, got some more stuff to add.
    You need to draw your own wood. The smart blur wood just looks blurry, but the realistic wood doesn't fit in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

6. Post #286
    December 2009
    1,654 Posts
    Would be cool.

Edited:

Sniper's watch replacement on the default model?
    I would ditch all unlockable spy watches forever if someone modeled that

What else can I do with it? I feel that I should really replace that top part of it, but I have no idea what it should be or be made out of. (brass would make it feel too much like I just painted the gun over IMO)

(btw look at dat clippin on that top grenade)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

7. Post #287
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    13,293 Posts
    Maybe he could use the same leather as on the Black Box instead of using Wood?
    The handle on the original Flaregun is after all not wood.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #288
    August 2010
    1,152 Posts
    Aw, someone already made a model of an axe on kritzcast forums :saddowns:

Heres mine though
    His is more tf2ey where as your's is more realistic looking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

9. Post #289
    September 2009
    491 Posts

Is it just me or are the designs on the side blurry

they look fine on the texture and when viewing from the side, why so blurry from the front?

I've noticed this before too, on my shotgun skin (which I should really post some pictures of, I'm pretty proud of it)
    That's a problem that can be solved by maxing your anisotropic filtering. (The option that starts with bilinear and trilinear) Wikipedia's got a good example of what it does:

No filtering on left, Anisotropic filtering on right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree x 4Winner x 2Informative x 2Friendly x 1Useful x 1 (list)

10. Post #290
    January 2009
    1,089 Posts
    the performance hit by Anisotropics is generally much lower than AA, so turn down AA and you can usually up Anisotropics, sometimes twice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #291
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,302 Posts
    I just wham everything up to full on every game then wonder why I'm skipping frames, uh huh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #292
    September 2009
    491 Posts
    I just wham everything up to full on every game then wonder why I'm skipping frames, uh huh.
    I remember back when I was playing on a Pentium 4, I found out that my graphics settings had no relation to my framerate. 17 FPS at max settings, 17 FPS at low settings.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #293
    October 2010
    10,403 Posts
    Shut up.
    I'm not sure if you are joking or not, but that's a bad way to take criticism.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Anonymous Proxy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

14. Post #294
    Puuurple
    May 2008
    14,853 Posts
    I'm sure he's joking because of how obvious it is that it isn't smoothed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #295
    April 2007
    989 Posts
    http://i.imgur.com/QAuHV.jpg someone should add these to the game

http://old.incredibleeagle.com/image...eton-dance.gif
    also a better skeleton dance
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Late Late x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #296
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    November 2005
    16,791 Posts
    ^

Scope next then the cable, any changes which could be done at this stage?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

17. Post #297
    April 2007
    989 Posts
    the bar at the front looks reeeeeaaaaaal thick

man this sure is going slow today
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

18. Post #298
    April 2010
    2,963 Posts
    oops

sor for the box no hard feelings :h:

19. Post #299
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    November 2005
    16,791 Posts
    Ugha fucking keyboard, my alt key has just died meaning I can zoom or rotate the viewport.
    That's the third key to stop working on this microcrap keyboard.
    Now I have to wait 5 days for a replacement, GREAT.

Crossbow development is now delayed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 7Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #300
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,088 Posts
    at least royzo finally threw away that old rag
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #301
    January 2006
    18,302 Posts
    Ugha fucking keyboard, my alt key has just died meaning I can zoom or rotate the viewport.

My middle mouse died. Pretty painful but I just rebound it to mouse4, rebind yours to \ or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

22. Post #302
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    November 2005
    16,791 Posts
    My middle mouse died. Pretty painful but I just rebound it to mouse4, rebind yours to \ or something.
    I would if I knew where the fuck in Maya those settings are stored.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

23. Post #303
    June 2009
    716 Posts
    How is this for the arrow?

Edited:

The bow, I'm not so sure, still not happy with those metal plates. But I think the arrow looks good with that shade for the wood.

Edited:

So I still need crits on the bow colors. Feel free to rip it apart fine gents, I need you to do that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Spain Show Events Artistic Artistic x 9Winner Winner x 3 (list)

24. Post #304
    Tyrannosaur Fisherman Extraordinaire (Not Game Fish)
    May 2009
    4,834 Posts
    The metal is still too blue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

25. Post #305
    January 2009
    1,089 Posts

Edited:

The bow, I'm not so sure, still not happy with those metal plates. But I think the arrow looks good with that shade for the wood.

Edited:

So I still need crits on the bow colors. Feel free to rip it apart fine gents, I need you to do that.
    Make the metal less blue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

26. Post #306
    June 2010
    1,217 Posts

Edited:

I really like the bands on the back, but the fletchings need a little more pizazz. maybe make them sorta striped?

Edited:

Like this (but more TF2ish)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #307
    January 2006
    18,302 Posts
    metal colour is fine
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #308
    DYRUS BONER
    June 2010
    4,386 Posts

wait dont you have 2 alt keys
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

29. Post #309
    July 2009
    1,661 Posts
    Seeing Idel's bow there has made me think of something that's been bugging me for a while.
    I know tf2 is not one for logic and such but snipers fingers must really hurt when he uses the huntsman.
    So what I'm requesting is a archery glove on snipers gloveless hand.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #310
    Edited:

Edited:

You can put some sort of ornament on those plates.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #311
    June 2009
    716 Posts
    You can put some sort of ornament on those plates.
    Things like that will come once I have some good base colors for everything. Still, I'm not good at texturing things, so I don't know how it'll come out in the end...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Spain Show Events

32. Post #312
    June 2010
    1,217 Posts
    Seeing Idel's bow there has made me think of something that's been bugging me for a while.
    I know tf2 is not one for logic and such but snipers fingers must really hurt when he uses the huntsman.
    So what I'm requesting is a archery glove on snipers gloveless hand.
    Oh god, i hate those freaking things. It's so hard to shoot well when you have one on. They're almost as bad as finger guards .
    An armgaurd might be more fitting (and more protective)

Edited:

While we're on the topic of medieval weapons for the sniper, I've got a good idea:

A falcon so the sniper can perform the ancient sport of falconry. Would make a great jarate replacement if rigged to fly and explode in a mass of feathers when it hit something.

Edited:

Alternatively, that dude is wearing an awesome hat. Someone might want to model a hat like that...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

33. Post #313
    July 2009
    1,661 Posts
    I agree the full guards are a bit of a pain I could not find the type I've used before, but it is basically a bit of leather and it goes over the 2 things opposed to the 3.
    I just suggested the glove as it would be viable on sniper and would sort of fix the error of him have 1 glove in world and 2 in 1st person.

p.s sorry if that made little sense, im getting really teird so ill stop posting for tonight
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #314
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    23,214 Posts
    I agree with Neo, the color is fine as it is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

35. Post #315
    June 2010
    6,316 Posts
    A falcon so the sniper can perform the ancient sport of falconry.
    First I thought you were asking the impossible that is programming an AI falcon that attacks targeted players, but when I read about the falcon-throwing I had to laugh and think of the screaming-eagles-shooting rocketlauncher project that went AWOL some time ago.
    TF2 really isn't bird-friendly, now is it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

36. Post #316
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    November 2005
    16,791 Posts
    wait dont you have 2 alt keys
    Alt and Alt Gr are not the same thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #317
    September 2010
    861 Posts
    hey i got here before any skins were posted thats a first
    and cant wait to see what the people of this fine emporium have made

38. Post #318
    June 2010
    1,217 Posts
    First I thought you were asking the impossible that is programming an AI falcon that attacks targeted players, but when I read about the falcon-throwing I had to laugh and think of the screaming-eagles-shooting rocketlauncher project that went AWOL some time ago.
    TF2 really isn't bird-friendly, now is it?
    Well, have you played Pirates, Viking, and Knights II?
    It's got a feature like that where the pirate captain can throw a parrot that attacks players till shot down. Personally I prefer the idea of the bird just crashing into things and exploding. It suits the style of TF2 alot more.

Edited:

God, now I can't watch the National Geographic channel without thinking of exploding birds...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #319
    January 2006
    18,302 Posts
    hey i got here before any skins were posted thats a first
    and cant wait to see what the people of this fine emporium have made
    I bet there are some skins but a certainy lazybones hasn't put them in the OP yet.

Edited:

Pun most definitely intended.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 4 (list)

40. Post #320
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
    November 2010
    4,241 Posts
    I want to try out that jiggly phallus for shits and giggles, but don't have earbuds. Where's that guy and his hexing tutorial when you need him?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)