834 Posts
    http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/pho/2716512899.html

This is quite a deal, must resist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

2. Post #2322
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    1,551 Posts
    Finally think I found the sweet spot with my old non-AI Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 Prime. f/2 and f/2.8 are so fantastically crisp and produce a lovely radial bokeh. I'm really enjoying using it, and finally realizing how fun it is, though I would really love a 35mm f/1.8 or 1.4 prime as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #2323
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    546 Posts
    I'm looking for a medium format outfit like the Mamiya RB67 or RZ67, Hasselblad 500 series etc. On ebay they go pretty cheap like 300-500 bucks with everything you need to start getting awesome landscapes.

My current kit:

Canon T2i
    18-55mm IS kit lens
    70-300mm
    85mm f/1.8
    100mm f/2.8 macro
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #2324
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    11,904 Posts
    You have everything you need for awesome landscapes already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

5. Post #2325
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    1,087 Posts
    I just got 2 awesome things from my parents today, my SB-900 and a Nikkor 35mm 1.8G to add to my small collection of a D3000, 18-55mm, 55-200mm, Vanguard Tripod and battery grip.I will post pictures soon once I stop drooling over this :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 South Africa Show Events

6. Post #2326
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    11,904 Posts
    SB-900 is bigger than a D3000, it must look pretty crazy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #2327
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    1,087 Posts
    It does! Looks kinda cartoonish, but I love it :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 South Africa Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

8. Post #2328
    November 2011
    10,659 Posts
    I'm looking for a medium format outfit like the Mamiya RB67 or RZ67, Hasselblad 500 series etc. On ebay they go pretty cheap like 300-500 bucks with everything you need to start getting awesome landscapes.

My current kit:

Canon T2i
    18-55mm IS kit lens
    70-300mm
    85mm f/1.8
    100mm f/2.8 macro
    get a large format camera if you want to take awesome pictures of landscapes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #2329
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    11,904 Posts
    get a large format camera if you want to take awesome pictures of landscapes
    Since when does the camera used automatically make a landscape "awesome".

Unless you're making big A0 prints, you hardly need a large format camera anyway. A T2i has more than enough megapickles for A2 prints.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #2330
    Just set my homepage to blackass.com
    January 2007
    1,197 Posts
    Just picked this up at a thrift store. Konica FT-1 w/ a Tamron 80-210mm (Tamron 103A.) Now I've got to go buy some film.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #2331
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,801 Posts
    I sometimes use my SB-800 on a lumix.

looks like this

Slightly different lumix, though they're the same size.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

12. Post #2332
    July 2007
    612 Posts
    I sometimes use my SB-800 on a lumix.

looks like this

Slightly different lumix, though they're the same size.
    Haha, i used to do the same thing when i had a Panasonic LX5. Put my 580EX II on it.
    Remembers me of first year highschool kids with their big backpacks...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

13. Post #2333
    March 2011
    630 Posts
    Industar 50 is on its way
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Zenit_E_v2.jpg
    Huge image

Thats what it will look like on my Zenit-E
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #2334
    January 2007
    1,197 Posts
    Did someone say Zenit?

Zenit EM by Gareth Gobulcoque, on Flickr

Just got this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #2335
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,808 Posts
    I would like some advice on which lens I should get and whether the price is worth it
    It's either Canon EF 50mm 1.4 or Sigma EX 30mm 1.4.
    I remember a while back that I got a majority voting for the Sigma, but I'm not sure if it's worth the price after all. It's 700SEK or 100$ more.
    So, any thoughts? As far as I know the Sigma is more ideal if I want a more "correct" field of view because it fits better with my sensor which is APS-C 22.3 14.9 mm (1.6x conversion)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

16. Post #2336
    Nya~
    April 2011
    5,079 Posts
    Are Blackrapid camera straps any good? Was thinking of buying one but can't decide on which one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

17. Post #2337
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,516 Posts
    I would like some advice on which lens I should get and whether the price is worth it
    It's either Canon EF 50mm 1.4 or Sigma EX 30mm 1.4.
    I remember a while back that I got a majority voting for the Sigma, but I'm not sure if it's worth the price after all. It's 700SEK or 100$ more.
    So, any thoughts? As far as I know the Sigma is more ideal if I want a more "correct" field of view because it fits better with my sensor which is APS-C 22.3 14.9 mm (1.6x conversion)
    I have the Sigma and I think it's a great lens. Like you said, it behaves like a 'normal' lens. I think you'll love it.

18. Post #2338
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,808 Posts
    I have the Sigma and I think it's a great lens. Like you said, it behaves like a 'normal' lens. I think you'll love it.
    I presume you can't really say if it's worth the 700SEK/100 dollars or not though, seeing as you haven't tested the Canon one. Thanks anyway
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

19. Post #2339
    July 2007
    612 Posts
    I finally got something that I was looking for a long time. And no, it's no a Zenit

Canon FD 55mm f/1.2 S.S.C. ASPHERICAL, next to Canon nFD 85mm f/1.2L by Leevmeister, on Flickr

The 55mm Aspherical is a legendary lens, being the first Aspherical Canon lens.
    Got 2 f/1.2 FD lenses now, and i'm loving it.
    Also got a FD 35mm f/2 Chrome nose and a Canon New F-1 while being in New York City this christmas.

Canon New F-1 with FD 35mm f/2 Chrome Nose by Leevmeister, on Flickr

I can't wish for anything more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #2340
    July 2008
    1,269 Posts
    A few behind the scene shots from my last short film project for a contest, it shows some of our equipment:

21. Post #2341
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    1,087 Posts
    So, my mouth has dried. Here are some pictures :D

In this picture: Crumpler Big Cheese backpack; Vanguard Tracker S tripod; SB-900 Speedlight; (from bottom to top) Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G; Nikkor 30mm f/1.8G and Nikkor 18-55mm f/5.6. Nikon D3000 with vertical grip.

Just to show how massive the SB-900 is mounted with and without the grip.
    With grip

Without grip

This thing looks ridiculous!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 South Africa Show Events

22. Post #2342
    November 2005
    10 Posts
    I'll just post my newer stuff:

Bodies:
    Canon 5D (with vert grip)
    Canon 50D (with vert grip)
    Canon 1Dmkiii

Lenses:
    Canon 16-35mm 2.8L
    Canon 24-70mm 2.8L
    Canon 70-200mm 2.8L

Flashes:
    Speedlite 580EXII
    Speedlite 430EXII

I have two blackrapid straps that i used for shooting football and I have a USGI/Thinktank harness system that I used for some sporting events. My main bag is a Domke J-2 and i plan on getting a Pelican case soon to do some overseas work (airport security hates it when you take a shit ton of camera gear through an X-ray lol).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #2343
    Positive energy is space expanding, negative energy is space contracting. Or reverse?
    July 2005
    6,295 Posts
    I have no idea what flash to get, are the expensive ones better?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

24. Post #2344
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    9,189 Posts
    I have no idea what flash to get, are the expensive ones better?
    I have the Speelite 430EX II and don't regret it one bit. Of course, you can always get a less expensive one but it may not perform as well as a more expensive one. I spent the money on mine just because of knowing that as I learn more I'll use more and more of its functions. So far that's been holding true.

25. Post #2345
    Gold Apple
    December 2011
    4,967 Posts
    So, my mouth has dried. Here are some pictures :D

In this picture: Crumpler Big Cheese backpack; Vanguard Tracker S tripod; SB-900 Speedlight; (from bottom to top) Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G; Nikkor 30mm f/1.8G and Nikkor 18-55mm f/5.6. Nikon D3000 with vertical grip.

Just to show how massive the SB-900 is mounted with and without the grip.
    With grip

Without grip

This thing looks ridiculous!
    I need to get a grip

oh wait haha

i made pun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

26. Post #2346
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,904 Posts

Nikon D4's magnesium alloy body minus everything else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

27. Post #2347
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,325 Posts

that d4 makes the 5d2 look so... bare
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #2348
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    25,564 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #2349
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    11,904 Posts
    Terminators always scare the living fuck out of me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #2350
    January 2008
    1,840 Posts
    Just got my Super Takumar 50mm f/1.4. I'd been a bit pissed this week waiting for it, as it was first listed as a early 8 element version (Zeiss Planar copy) but it changed and dropped in price, so I jumped on it without looking into it more. Now that I have it... The only thing that bothers me is the yellowing due to whatever Pentax coated the glass with (radioactive decay).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #2351
    October 2007
    1,168 Posts
    Just leave it without caps at the sun a whole day. Enjoy that lens. Gonna buy the same soon, hopefully.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Mexico Show Events

32. Post #2352
    January 2008
    1,840 Posts
    Just leave it without caps at the sun a whole day. Enjoy that lens. Gonna buy the same soon, hopefully.
    I'm hoping that does it. If not I'm going to see if I can somehow use the UV lamp I have in my chem lab for it...

Focusing is so smooth too... Weird how it turns opposite every other lens I have though (right for infinity, left for close).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

33. Post #2353
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,801 Posts
    I'm hoping that does it. If not I'm going to see if I can somehow use the UV lamp I have in my chem lab for it...

Focusing is so smooth too... Weird how it turns opposite every other lens I have though (right for infinity, left for close).
    You'll get used to it after awhile. Heck i'm so used between Nikon and Canon I don't need to think when switching between the two

34. Post #2354
    September 2010
    238 Posts
    I have a Canon EOS 20D and a 35-105mm lens from a Canon EOS Rebel film camera. My dad uses Canon and has been getting into photography as a hobby and has been buying nicer lenses and all the gear, so I usually just steal from him if I need anything special.

35. Post #2355
    December 2011
    317 Posts
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21617698/Pho...%2015%20PM.jpg

Canon HF S-200.

Rode Videomic, .43x Wide Angle Lens

36. Post #2356
    January 2007
    1,197 Posts
    Got this camera bag from my grandpa, currently using it. Needs a strap, though.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

37. Post #2357
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    655 Posts
    got some photobooks

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #2358
    Sometimes i fall down :(
    July 2008
    3,192 Posts
    Nikon D3100 with kit lense and 55-200
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #2359
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    11,904 Posts
    Excellent!

You have the same gear I had when I started, just 2 generations newer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

40. Post #2360
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,061 Posts
    Oh man. The D4 looks sweet.
    Maybe once I'm earning some money I'll buy one...

Oh dear.
    I did have an interview for the Wimbledon Tennis Champs yesterday. Worked there twice now + prospects of working at the Olympics (the same company who works for Wimbledon tournament won the contract for the Olympics), which would be fucking sweet.

Hopefully work all the way from June through to Sept. If that's the case, I'll have a shit load of money by the end of summer. Even after buying a camera, I reckon I could have enough for both that and a trip to India. I guess we'll see.

Also, it's just a pipe dream at the moment, but definitely planning a big trip to the States in the next few years. If any of you US guys are still around, I'll definitely be making any detours to visit you all since I plan to be driving it.

Anyway. Off to the pub now :D

Catch you all later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)