1. Post #161
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,160 Posts
    Bootleg trailer.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Singapore Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #162
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,495 Posts
    I like the first person scenes. Reminds me of Mirror's Edge
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,160 Posts
    Finally, they release it

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Singapore Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #164
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,700 Posts
    i am excite
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #165
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,539 Posts
    I'm liking how they've really made it their own and not like the Sam Raimi movies. It also looks like they're playing a bit with Peter's parents being S.H.I.E.L.D. agents.

I'm looking forward to this a little more now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

6. Post #166
    Dennab
    June 2010
    555 Posts
    I'm liking how they've really made it their own and not like the Sam Raimi movies. It also looks like they're playing a bit with Peter's parents being S.H.I.E.L.D. agents.

I'm looking forward to this a little more now.
    Wait so this Spider-Man might be in the universe where there's other heroes like the Avengers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #167
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,539 Posts
    Wait so this Spider-Man might be in the universe where there's other heroes like the Avengers?
    Possibly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

8. Post #168
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,042 Posts
    Why. Why. Why. It has already been done, THREE TIMES. How the fuck can there be even a miniscule demand for this movie? The CGI looks a lot worse than the other ones too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Disagree Disagree x 11Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #169
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    7,240 Posts
    i like the old uncle ben and aunt may they seem right but i do like there going to explain some on peters parents.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #170
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,701 Posts
    First person sequence wasn't... Great
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #171
    Everything I post is absolute bollocks until proven otherwise.
    July 2008
    11,145 Posts
    Nope, different studios. COULD cross over with Xmen though.

Edited:

Actually Spiderman and Wolverine teaming up would be just like the animated series. Specially with the web shooters and- DO IT NOW.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #172
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    Spiderman was always my favorite super hero, that trailer made me squeal like a little kid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #173
    October 2009
    1,295 Posts
    Spiderman was always my favorite super hero, that trailer made me squeal like a little kid.
    I hated the first person view.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

14. Post #174
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,158 Posts
    meh, as long as they make The Lizard look badass I'll see it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #175
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    I hated the first person view.
    It's probably just for the trailer, to give a sense of it all. I didn't mind it.

16. Post #176
    November 2009
    6,962 Posts
    Nope, different studios. COULD cross over with Xmen though.

Edited:

Actually Spiderman and Wolverine teaming up would be just like the animated series. Specially with the web shooters and- DO IT NOW.
    X-Men was with 20th Century Fox, Spider-Man has always been Columbia Pictures and SONY. All the Avengers stuff is with Marvel. Igsnay on the rossovercay.

17. Post #177
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,098 Posts
    Spider-Man: Mirror's Edge
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #178
    This is -- excuse me -- a DAMN fine cup of coffee.
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    Why. Why. Why. It has already been done, THREE TIMES. How the fuck can there be even a miniscule demand for this movie? The CGI looks a lot worse than the other ones too
    Probably because the Sam Raimi ones were so fucking mediocre.
    This one looks a lot darker and truer to the comics.

19. Post #179
    January 2011
    519 Posts
    Probably because the Sam Raimi ones were so fucking mediocre.
    This one looks a lot darker and truer to the comics.
    Um no, one and two were really good. I hate it when people discount the whole trilogy just because of part three.

Honestly, I was kind of excited for this, but when I saw the trailer I realized how completely unnecessary it is to remake a movie that came out only 9 years ago.

And what exactly gives you the idea that its darker? I didn't see anything in the trailer that looked any darker than what we have seen before, it just looked like the exact same movie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,160 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Singapore Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #181
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,889 Posts
    Andrew Garfield is pretty good looking. Nice ass, too.

Not too stoked about the movie, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 7 (list)

22. Post #182
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    6,990 Posts
    I can't wait to see how many people rage over the new web shooters claiming that it's 'not true to the series'. Oh man that's going to be funny.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #183
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    Um no, one and two were really good. I hate it when people discount the whole trilogy just because of part three.

Honestly, I was kind of excited for this, but when I saw the trailer I realized how completely unnecessary it is to remake a movie that came out only 9 years ago.

And what exactly gives you the idea that its darker? I didn't see anything in the trailer that looked any darker than what we have seen before, it just looked like the exact same movie.
    Sorry no.
    They were all extremely corny, featuring terrible villains with terrible motivations to do what they were doing.
    Everything about them were just so awkward and stupid.

J.K. Simmons was the only right thing the movies had.

edit:
    I think I would have found the Spider-Man movies much more enjoyable if it felt like there was any actual chemistry between the actors. Toby MacGuire is so whiny and emo that I just want to hit him, and he's paired with Kirsten Dunst, who manages to jump every scene between looking like a spoiled whore and being as wooden as Keira Knightley.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #184
    November 2007
    590 Posts
    When are we going to finally get our black Spiderman?

25. Post #185
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,160 Posts
    You mean that bit where some black dude was rallying to be cast as an African-American Spider-Man? Hopefully, never
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #186
    October 2009
    1,295 Posts
    I felt we needed a reboot. Spider-Man 4 couldn't have been any good, because Spider-Man 3 fucked everything up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

27. Post #187
    July 2011
    165 Posts
    When are we going to finally get our black Spiderman?
    We did.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

28. Post #188
    January 2011
    519 Posts
    Sorry no.
    They were all extremely corny, featuring terrible villains with terrible motivations to do what they were doing.

edit:
    I think I would have found the Spider-Man movies much more enjoyable if it felt like there was any actual chemistry between the actors. Toby MacGuire is so whiny and emo that I just want to hit him, and he's paired with Kirsten Dunst, who manages to jump every scene between looking like a spoiled whore and being as wooden as Keira Knightley.
    From what you said it sounds like you only saw the third one, which I will admit is terrible, but how hell can you say Green Goblin and Doc Ock were bad villians? Ok I'll admit Goblin's suit was a little cheesy, but other than that he was great, and Doc Ock was fucking perfect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #189
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    I felt we needed a reboot. Spider-Man 4 couldn't have been any good, because Spider-Man 3 fucked everything up.
    And besides that, we need fresh blood. I read a quote saying that the reason for altering Peter Parker was because nerds really aren't that looked down upon in modern society, and I can vouch for that in my school (where most people really aren't that tolerant of much, so I'd like to think it says a lot).

The one thing that defines Parker isn't that he's a nerd or intelligent (both of which are true and constants of the character), but that he's an outcast. It's just that, when the original character was created, nerd meant outcast. That's not necessarily true anymore. So the new character is a nerd, but in order for the character to be preserved, he must be an outcast. So, what makes an outcast in a modern high school?

Seems they pegged it down pretty well, from my experience.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #190
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    From what you said it sounds like you only saw the third one, which I will admit is terrible, but how hell can you say Green Goblin and Doc Ock were bad villians? Ok I'll admit Goblin's suit was a little cheesy, but other than that he was great, and Doc Ock was fucking perfect.
    Doc Ock had no motivation for his actions.
    Failed his experiment, wife died so MIGHT AS WELL TRY IT AGAIN only this time BRING THE WORLD DOWN WITH HIM.

Green Goblin was just a psycho and the suit and everything was awful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #191
    January 2011
    519 Posts
    Doc Ock had no motivation for his actions.
    Failed his experiment, wife died so MIGHT AS WELL TRY IT AGAIN only this time BRING THE WORLD DOWN WITH HIM.

Green Goblin was just a psycho and the suit and everything was awful.
    The two most important things in the world for Doc Ock were his wife and his life's work, when the two were simultaneously destroyed, the pain was too much for him to bear so he mentally snapped and allowed his tentacles (which were evil) to take control of his mind. He then desperately sought to salvage the one dream he was still capable of rebuilding, his experiment, and since Spidey kept getting in the way, he developed a hatred for him to the point where he went out of his way to have him killed.

As for Goblin, you criticise him for being just a psycho, whats wrong with that? Heath Ledger's joker was just a crazy guy in some clown makeup and he was one of the greatest villians in comic book movie history.

What matters is how well they are portrayed, and in my opinion Willem Dafoe did a great job.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #192
    June 2010
    381 Posts
    If they focus mostly on the high school Peter Parker and make it like Ultimate Spider-man I would love this movie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

33. Post #193
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,823 Posts
    Doc Ock had no motivation for his actions..

He wanted to create more power no?

Edited:

I like the first person scenes. Reminds me of Mirror's Edge
    That's because it's a direct rip off.

Edited:

Sorry no.

edit:
    Just because you hate the actors doesn't make the characters in the movie bad. Only assholes think like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #194
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    That's because it's a direct rip off.
    I don't get this, how is it a direct rip off? Yes, Mirror's Edge is unique, but you can't say that the trailer ripped it off. Mirror's Edge did not invent the concept of a first person view of a character running. Maybe it influenced it, but to say that it's a rip off is saying that every movie with a shoot out ripped it off from any number of video games.

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,160 Posts
    There's a comparison video of sorts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Singapore Show Events

36. Post #196
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,158 Posts
    Wasn't the reason he did that because the metal arms were semi-controlling him?

37. Post #197
    October 2009
    1,295 Posts

Jesus Christ it was TEASER.

Teaser =/= Trailer

38. Post #198
    PM ME FOR /TWO\ RUST KEYS!!
    April 2011
    5,782 Posts
    Fuck this shit, when are they going to make a movie of the BEST Spiderman in history? Yes, I am talking about 60's Spiderman. Suck my dick New York, Fuck the Police. Those lines will be remembered forever. And don't forget the Villain, the Pillow with a boner.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #199
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,823 Posts
    I don't get this, how is it a direct rip off? Yes, Mirror's Edge is unique, but you can't say that the trailer ripped it off. Mirror's Edge did not invent the concept of a first person view of a character running. Maybe it influenced it, but to say that it's a rip off is saying that every movie with a shoot out ripped it off from any number of video games.
    I don't think it'll be in the movie. But I'm not convinced that they didn't use most of movements from the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

40. Post #200
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,256 Posts
    Okay, two complaints, one is about the reboot but I'm not going to go into that. Secondly, this is a Columbia pictures movie while the Avenger films are all Paramount meaning we probably won't be seeing Spiderman in the inevitable Avengers sequel.

Edited:

All of a sudden any first person view shot with parkour involved means Mirrors Edge ripoff? I joked around saying "looks like a Mirrors Edge movie" to my friend but I didn't take it seriously.