1. Post #161
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts
    If you're on a dedi server then you need to first enter a rcon password then prefix your commands with rcon. Talk to your server host about it.

2. Post #162
    November 2009
    19 Posts
    I'm not sure on the server types, it is by a paid host (xenon servers) so I'm guessing dedicated. Even when I type it in the console without pressing enter, the list does not show. Was there something I needed to configure first?
    Try "find sv_radbox"

3. Post #163
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts
    New super anomaly: The Fart Cloud

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Lua King Lua King x 3Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #164
    October 2009
    2 Posts
    Hey on rp_apocalypse the prop spawner weapon doesn't come up. In more detail the menu doesn't come up and you can only spawn the barrels. Also the radiation doesn't effect me it's a null entity.

EDIT: One more thing on rp_apocalypse the quest target show doesn't show up

5. Post #165
    November 2010
    73 Posts
    Really need to get more people on my Radioactive Sandbox server. It's yet to hit over 6 players. Is it really worth it guys?

6. Post #166
    January 2009
    251 Posts
    Really need to get more people on my Radioactive Sandbox server. It's yet to hit over 6 players. Is it really worth it guys?
    I didn't think it was worth a new server quite yet. People aren't open to the idea of a decent post-apocalyptic gamemode yet. It wouldn't hurt to create a video promo of the gamemode, or an action cutscene depicting what happens in the gamemode.

7. Post #167
    November 2009
    19 Posts
    Someone host server on this map, MerzBro already made a config file on it.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #168
    April 2009
    329 Posts
    Geez merz, do you have some type of template on making these anomaly's? I'd love to learn how to make my own...

9. Post #169
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,373 Posts
    My friend is starting up a server as we speak so my friends an I can play the hell out of this. Will report back later!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #170
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts
    Geez merz, do you have some type of template on making these anomaly's? I'd love to learn how to make my own...
    They are just SENTs. Download the SVN and open one of them up and look at the code.

Edited:

Someone host server on this map, MerzBro already made a config file on it.

Very well done map, i might add. My config file for it is sort of boring, if someone wants to, feel free to add more loot/radiation/props to the map.

11. Post #171
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,373 Posts
    Made a video of this gamemode for fun. (Those anomalies of yours are fantastic by the way.)

Speaking of anomalies, funny story. One of my friends just bought an awp and we were messing around shooting random npcs and stuff. There was an anomaly detected when we first started doing this but we took no notice. Then my awp friend, who also had a bunch more expensive loot, walked straight into an anomaly that pulled him into the air and made him poof away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #172
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts
    Nice to see some gameplay footage. I really would like to see this played on a full server. It's like a social experiment kinda.

13. Post #173
    January 2009
    251 Posts
    Made a video of this gamemode for fun. (Those anomalies of yours are fantastic by the way.)

Speaking of anomalies, funny story. One of my friends just bought an awp and we were messing around shooting random npcs and stuff. There was an anomaly detected when we first started doing this but we took no notice. Then my awp friend, who also had a bunch more expensive loot, walked straight into an anomaly that pulled him into the air and made him poof away.
    "SAVE ME SPACE ROCK."

lololololol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #174

February 2011
    3 Posts
    I love the mod and yes iv'e played it, but 2 things.

1. How do i fix my screen when i get poisened because i cant figure out how to restore back to normal health

2. NEW MAP!!! or a way to make it so i dont see errors or missing texture boxes

or have to pay 10 dollars for a new game i probaly wont play (ep1 or ep2)

15. Post #175
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts
    1. Drink vodka to get rid of poisoning.
    2. There are 3 good maps to play this on, download all 3 and find a server using one of them.

16. Post #176
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,239 Posts
    Damnit, I need to host this soon with custom items.
    Also, can you make a config for SRP_DarkDolina?
    http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1044402-SRP_Darkdolina
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1 (list)

17. Post #177
    I hate US Marines
    July 2009
    4,284 Posts
    Rambo, can you make a event on the steam group for a massive game of RadBox.On a 32 player server.I think it could really be a good event.Maybe around today.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #178
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,239 Posts
    Oh and also, I think you should add more selectable models to factions.
    I can get you some models which you could add to different factions.

19. Post #179
    June 2010
    221 Posts
    Rambo, can you make a event on the steam group for a massive game of RadBox.On a 32 player server.I think it could really be a good event.Maybe around today.
    This!

MerzBro your'e now admin of the radbox group :P.

20. Post #180
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts
    Oh and also, I think you should add more selectable models to factions.
    I can get you some models which you could add to different factions.
    I'm trying to focus on features that affect gameplay, playermodels are the least of our problems right now.

Also i think i will do an event today. Join the radbox community group for more info.

e:

A good update:

- Fixed radar not showing quest compass sometimes.
    - Added support for srp_darkdolina.
    - Automatic chat emotes ( type "find cl_radbox" to disable or enable ).

21. Post #181
    January 2011
    3 Posts
    I'm like this mod and i opened Base of RadBox
    Added:
    7 weapons- 4 GDC weapons for Army and 3 my own for Exodus.
    3 ammo type - 50.Cal for GDC sniper, Pure energy for 2 my own rifles and Gauss bolt for third my own rifle.
    3 items - Science Medkit(heal 200 and remove radiation),Painkiller(heal 30),Thunder artifact(heal 30,add 3 radiation and infinitie) =3
    Changed:
    Models of Respirator and Hazard detektor.
    Medkit now heal 200>150
    Models and sounds included!
    If my version of mod wil be popular il make more weapons,items, balance!

-----> http://depositfiles.com/files/hrqksxhc7 <-----
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Russian Federation Show Events Informative Informative x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #182
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts
    Finished a handful of bugfixes. Including the awful bug where you get stuck in inventory.

Right now i have nothing more to add to the game. All it needs now is a community. I'm looking to get more publicity. If you have a community or know a community, post a link to this thread in their forums. If you know of a gmod news site, ask them to write an article about this!

23. Post #183
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    12,420 Posts
    I had a fun time playing this with you guys yesterday, it's disappointing that this doesn't get very much attention as it is quite fun.

24. Post #184
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts
    Okay so i just made a big optimization update. Admin prop/lootspawn/etc. spawning tools are now restricted to a concommand since i had to change the way they function (you should only be using them in SP to configure maps).

25. Post #185
    January 2011
    3 Posts
    hm... Why it named Sandbox and have Parameter for enable building when prop menu not available O_o?

Edited:

Right now i have nothing more to add to the game. All it needs now is a community. I'm looking to get more publicity. If you have a community or know a community, post a link to this thread in their forums. If you know of a gmod news site, ask them to write an article about this!
    hm.. as a provisional measure i created my forum http://cool-wow.no-ip.info/radioactivesandbox/index.php maybe its will be better than here.

26. Post #186
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,971 Posts
    Played it on gm_atomic
    Why are there no anomalies

27. Post #187
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,239 Posts
    Played it on gm_atomic
    Why are there no anomalies
    You need to spawn them.

28. Post #188
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,971 Posts
    You need to spawn them.
    Isnt atomic config included in the gamemode.
    Also , we did see the dead fog once (after playing for 2 hours)

29. Post #189
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts
    Anomalies do not spawn unless the random anomaly event occurs. So you'll have to wait a little while for them to appear if you start a server. I've been too lazy to make them automatically spawn when the map changes.

30. Post #190
    I hate US Marines
    July 2009
    4,284 Posts
    www.convictgaming.com
    Your best chance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Latvia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #191
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts
    You can't advertise anything that doesn't have to do with their servers on their forums apparently so screw them.

e: Okay, i've made some significant changes to the item system.

Bandages are now the only item that can heal bleeding. There's now a higher chance of bleeding depending on where you get shot (upper body = higher chance). Medikits now cost a bit more. You have a choice of buying the basic one which heals half of your health or the scientific one that heals all of your health. Food now heals you less but replenishes half of your stamina when eaten. Milk heals you more but there is a slight chance you might drink spoiled milk and lose stamina.

I made custom models for the new bandages/medikits as well.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

32. Post #192
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts
    Also to show off how versatile this is, i made a STALKER configuration. Everything is more STALKER-ized. You need this STALKER playermodel pack to use it.

The new configuration is on the SVN and is not used by default. Open moddable_stalker.lua for more information.

I also changed the name that appears for this in the server browser to "Radioactive RP". Maybe i can trick people into playing this.

I need opinions on how i can make radiation less annoying.

Some ideas i had:

- A visual warning that appears to let you know you're near radiation.
    - Make the player's screen have subtle "noise" (like the stuff that nightvision has) the closer you get to radiation.
    - Subtle radiation markers on the radar?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #193
    I hate US Marines
    July 2009
    4,284 Posts
    -Love the radiation hint idea

34. Post #194
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts
    Which one?

Also i was thinking maybe i'd just put a radiation meter like there is in STALKER. Like this:

But more fitting for the HUD.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,048 Posts
    I played the mode for awhile a few days ago and it was pretty fun, I really do like all the anomalies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #196
    January 2009
    251 Posts
    Merz, upload photos using truploader.com, it's free and efficient.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #197
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,852 Posts
    Merz, upload photos using truploader.com, it's free and efficient.
    Slow as hell to upload
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #198
    April 2009
    329 Posts
    I'd go with imageshack for uploading those images...

But you should do that radiation HUD, but it would have that gauge background with the needle moving to the left or the right, depending on the radiation. Sorta like the Zombie-Hoard gauge on the Noxious.net zombie survival server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1 (list)

39. Post #199
    November 2009
    19 Posts
    That radiation meter would be fucking cool, and its best choice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #200
    Rude member.
    August 2010
    4,783 Posts
    Oh my god I remember this gamemode. Nights spent playing this and scavenging the wastes. Also, crashing when I picked up vodka. I hope that's fixed. I don't want to lose another AWM or five because of that.

Edited:

Edited:

That small grey box in the top left is my inventory, and when I use a stash it becomes more like a game of mahjong than Radbox.

Edited:

The UK server is broken, it works on the US server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)