1. Post #81
    June 2010
    202 Posts
    To add to that, I think that we should be able to see spots where radiation is because it is very annoying to be walking around and all of a sudden you start getting rad poisoning and have no idea where it is coming from.
    This.

PS: Its good that we can play it already to fix em and make them right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #82
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,425 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

3. Post #83
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts
    Okay all the big bugs are dealt with. Now i just need to fill a server with players and see what happens.

It'd be nice to have an official server. I'd need FTP access as well as rcon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    January 2009
    251 Posts
    75.102.10.170:27016

Ok guys, this is a radbox test server. Add it to favorites, right now just testing for bugs.(It's locked atm.) Also, give us a few suggestions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    886 Posts
    The IP is: -snip- Probably going to take down the server, the most players we've had is 6 and we haven't gone over that. :saddowns:

Map: gm_atomic

It's currently on revision 40, and has no extra mods. 32 Slots.

Edited:

I keep dying from radiation :psyduck:

Edited:

Huzzah! :science: If you buy Anti-Rad you can get rid of Radiation! Who would have thought, huh?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #86
    September 2010
    519 Posts
    Huzzah! :science: If you buy Anti-Rad you can get rid of Radiation! Who would have thought, huh?
    But then you die from some rebel in the open, lose all your stuff, has to go out and do a mission, get poisoned, dies again, repeat.

There's the problem.

Edited:

was playing on 206.220.173.250:27015 and I walked into one of those electrical fields. I heard the sound play and at the time I should have disintegrated i lost connection with the server, so that appears to be broken.

Edited:

Also, connorclockwise could you give me the password for the server?

Edited:

206.220.173.250:27015 doesn't seem to be restarting...

Edited:

Also, the stashes are a bit broken. You can't open them from every angle.

And PLEASE add a crosshair for everything. It is difficult to aim at small objects like dropped vodka bottles.

Edited:

And prevent important items (from the job) from spawning within the radius of radiation.

I also made a post in the mapper thread, would be nice if you gave it a read.

7. Post #87
    June 2010
    202 Posts
    we need an steam group for radioactive sandbox players :P

8. Post #88
    January 2009
    251 Posts
    we need an steam group for radioactive sandbox players :P
    Hell, I'd join.

9. Post #89
    February 2010
    226 Posts
    Yeah I would join, but Merzbro would you let us? :D

Edit:
    Vandooz, its me Timbo :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    June 2010
    202 Posts
    Yeah I would join, but Merzbro would you let us? :D

Edit:
    Vandooz, its me Timbo :D
    Hi,
    got 127x20 (2540 $) dosh :D (and loads of ammo, guns and vodka).

11. Post #91
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts
    Someone can go ahead and make a steam group for this if they want. Maybe post all the server IPs in it too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    February 2010
    226 Posts
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/radbox
    okay there is the steam group now all I need is members and a logo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

13. Post #93
    April 2009
    326 Posts
    I'll join the group.

But I think I screwed up while adding my own ammo system :(

Is there a 3 ammo box limit for the whole gamemode or something? Every time I try to spawn a faction trader and if I get near them, the game crashes.

And all I did was mod the ammo system and set current weapons to my new ammo system. If it was a lua error, wouldn't the whole gamemode bug up with errors and not crash?

14. Post #94
    December 2009
    34 Posts
    Hey, I'm the guy who owns the 206.220.173.250:27015 IP server with it on it, I just noticed that now it isn't working properly, I'll try and get it up. Also, make sure you have the map gm_atomic before you join.

I'll edit this post once I got it working, it was working great last night. Only problem is with those purple things that just randomly teleport you (those don't make much sense) or those things that insta-kill you (those are just unfair, I call them shit-storms)

EDIT: It's up :D That was fast.

15. Post #95
    September 2010
    519 Posts
    Hey, I'm the guy who owns the 206.220.173.250:27015 IP server with it on it, I just noticed that now it isn't working properly, I'll try and get it up. Also, make sure you have the map gm_atomic before you join.

I'll edit this post once I got it working, it was working great last night. Only problem is with those purple things that just randomly teleport you (those don't make much sense) or those things that insta-kill you (those are just unfair, I call them shit-storms)

EDIT: It's up :D That was fast.
    Yeah, I think I'm responsible for the downtime :blush:

Look above.

16. Post #96
    April 2009
    326 Posts
    Actually, I don't think its on me. I renamed a separate folder and downloaded it with the http://radioactive-sandbox.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ SVN link and played it. Even then when I spawned an npc_trader_exodius or something like that, the game still crashed.

Am I doing something wrong or is it a glitch?

Can someone help me on this one?

17. Post #97
    December 2009
    34 Posts
    Strange, yesterday when we played for 4+ hours straight and had tons of those field things none of us ever crashed.

A suggestion: Sometimes you get stuck in the inventory menu (doesn't happen often, but still happens a bit) and you have to rejoin to get it away.

Another suggestion: Maybe something more to do? I'm not sure how the gamemode would play with a full server, as so far highest we've had was 6, but it doesn't seem like there is that much to do. And how do you get into the "Loners" faction anyways, or is that just a random unneeded part of the scoreboard?

18. Post #98
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts
    Another suggestion: Maybe something more to do? I'm not sure how the gamemode would play with a full server, as so far highest we've had was 6, but it doesn't seem like there is that much to do. And how do you get into the "Loners" faction anyways, or is that just a random unneeded part of the scoreboard?
    It's kind of boring with only 6 people. Go in a RP server with only 6 people and it will be pretty slow as well.

I'd like to somehow take a populated RP server and switch it to radbox and see what happens. All the necessary tools are there, just need people to play.

I'm also working on an option for servers allowing players to build things since people like to build shit in RP.

19. Post #99
    September 2010
    519 Posts
    The inventory bug (where you can't leave the menu after opening a stash) can be circumvented by crouching, since that ability is not disabled in the menu (and is probably best left that way). Just crouch and you can leave by pressing e as usual. It appeared when I opened, chose take all (the button in the lower right corner) and quickly tried to exit.

Also, consider posting some data like item list/function. Include health and stamina gain for foods and such.

Also, it appears as if I am missing some sounds and textures. Shouldn't these automatically be downloaded upon connecting? If not, maybe add a complete install instructions in the op (for the client and not just for server owners), maybe also reference this thread somewhere in the game (I lose) for bug submission, feedback and troubleshooting.

It is turning out great. I have high hopes for this thing.

Edited:

It's kind of boring with only 6 people. Go in a RP server with only 6 people and it will be pretty slow as well.

I'd like to somehow take a populated RP server and switch it to radbox and see what happens. All the necessary tools are there, just need people to play.

I'm also working on an option for servers allowing players to build things since people like to build shit in RP.
    Oh, great opportunity! How about modifying the physgun to limit range greatly, reduce the number of tools and make freeze/weld/other constraints always have a force limit? This would eliminate prop killing and blocking and also it would add to the realism (no no-collide or adv dupe).

20. Post #100
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    886 Posts
    Oh, great opportunity! How about modifying the physgun to limit range greatly, reduce the number of tools and make freeze/weld/other constraints always have a force limit? This would eliminate prop killing and blocking and also it would add to the realism (no no-collide or adv dupe).
    Or no tools at all. I was building a small little shelter as an admin, didn't need any tools, and it worked. :3:

Also, you should make the prop drop if you're holding it too close, then people can't prop surf, and if it no-collides with only players when it's being held, that would be great too.
    In the meantime, I'm going to update the server to Rev 37 and possibly change the map to rp_apocalypse. I'll edit my post saying the server IP/Map if it does change.

21. Post #101
    September 2010
    519 Posts
    Or no tools at all. I was building a small little shelter as an admin, didn't need any tools, and it worked. :3:

Also, you should make the prop drop if you're holding it too close, then people can't prop surf, and if it no-collides with only players when it's being held, that would be great too.
    In the meantime, I'm going to update the server to Rev 37 and possibly change the map to rp_apocalypse. I'll edit my post saying the server IP/Map if it does change.
    link to rp_apocalypse?

22. Post #102
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    886 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #103
    September 2010
    519 Posts
    thx

Edited:

Uh, a question: nlr and rdm, what goes?

24. Post #104
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts
    Okay, new features added.

- Added convar to allow players to spawn with a physgun + limited prop spawner tool.
    - Added prop spawn limit convar. Default is 10 props.
    - Admin placed props are protected.
    - Fall damage hurts more now.
    - Radar is fixed.
    - Loner team doesn't show in scoreboard if it's disabled.

Prop surfing is near impossible since i boosted fall damage to be more realistic now. I might just make props nocollide while you're carrying them with the physgun though.

25. Post #105
    September 2010
    519 Posts
    In what way was the fall damage broken?

26. Post #106
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts
    Wasn't broken. I just made it more realistic now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #107
    April 2009
    326 Posts
    Is the error with the npc_traders crashing gmod fixed as well?

28. Post #108
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    886 Posts
    Okay, new features added.

- Added convar to allow players to spawn with a physgun + limited prop spawner tool.
    - Added prop spawn limit convar. Default is 10 props.
    - Admin placed props are protected.
    - Fall damage hurts more now.
    - Radar is fixed.
    - Loner team doesn't show in scoreboard if it's disabled.

Prop surfing is near impossible since i boosted fall damage to be more realistic now. I might just make props nocollide while you're carrying them with the physgun though.
    -snip nevermind-

I'll update the server to Revision 40 shortly

Edited:

What's the cvar + Are we going to need some Prop Protection system now?

29. Post #109
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts
    just type "sv_radbox" in the console to see all the available convars.

There is no prop protection in place since it might lead to people trolling (someone could just spawn a metal panel and block off aa doorway).

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    886 Posts
    just type "sv_radbox" in the console to see all the available convars.

There is no prop protection in place since it might lead to people trolling (someone could just spawn a metal panel and block off aa doorway).
    Unknown command: sv_radbox

Edited:

It also doesn't show any cvars when I just have it typed, either.

31. Post #111
    April 2009
    326 Posts
    I know I'm posting a little too much but, no-one got back to me so far. The game works fine until I spawn a npc_trader with the item placer. And when I do place one, this happens:
    Are there any suggestions to fix this at all or do I have to reinstall Garry's Mod...

32. Post #112
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts
    Try moving all your addons out of the folder and see what happens. Looks like you have some conflicting stuff.

Edited:

Unknown command: sv_radbox

Edited:

It also doesn't show any cvars when I just have it typed, either.
    what happens when you do 'sv_radbox_allow_loners 1'?

33. Post #113
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    886 Posts
    Try moving all your addons out of the folder and see what happens. Looks like you have some conflicting stuff.

Edited:

what happens when you do 'sv_radbox_allow_loners 1'?
    I did that, it said it's not a real cvar or something, then showed it changed it. After that I tried to change my faction to a Loner on F2 but it didn't show the Loner faction. The other 3 showed up.

34. Post #114
    April 2009
    326 Posts
    Gah, that didn't work >_<

I think my only option here is to reinstall Gmod...

Edit: Well, reinstalling gmod did work. The gamemode works pretty good, even with my ammo mod. So that crash was on my end, sorry.

But when I shoot the standard glock, It shoots but also clogs up my screen with this lua error:

Code:
    [gamemodes\radioactivesandbox\entities\weapons\rad_base\shared.lua:531] attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

35. Post #115
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts
    Is it because of your changes? There's nothing wrong with my versions.

Also if there are any gmod news sites looking for something to write an article about, my gamemode could use some publicity.

36. Post #116
    April 2009
    326 Posts
    Hmm, I didn't quite modify the swep base, but I'll see what went.

Also, I'll give you the IP to my friends server once I finish up with a few more touches.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    539 Posts
    Hey Rambo I'm the guy who hosted the official server last time, I still have a dedicated box; and I can give you that server back if you want. I don't think you're on my list anymore, however, so PM me your steam community page or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #118
    November 2010
    73 Posts
    He's got access to the Invision Gaming server so expect the latest updates on that server always now.

39. Post #119
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts
    I'm working on a new anomaly, hoverstones. They're chunks of rock with strange gravitational properties. you'll see them hovering above the ground, moving randomly around the level.

Problem is, i don't know what to make them do. They aren't dangerous as they are now... Give me some ideas for ways to make them dangerous!

Or maybe i shouldn't make them dangerous?

40. Post #120
    October 2009
    5,610 Posts
    random raddiation weirdo poison shit on them so if they get VERY close you explode or get radiation poison
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Venezuela Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)