1. Post #201
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts
    Yeah i dunno why the UK server is fucking up, it needs a fresh install i think.

Also you can follow the development of this gamemode (not really though) on twitt0r now.

2. Post #202
    Rude member.
    August 2010
    4,783 Posts
    Me and Reflex went on a spree an hour ago. We made someone ragequit. Life in the zone is hard, except if you have an AUG.

Edited:

This other guy from FP just joined, seems like a pretty chill guy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #203
    April 2010
    93 Posts
    God damnit I just went to join the server and garry's mod updated and now it can't find any servers.

4. Post #204
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts
    I'll run the updater on the US one.

5. Post #205
    Rude member.
    August 2010
    4,783 Posts
    Please, for the love of god. Remove the feature of those bzzzz anomalies rolling into HQs, it's horrible when you're Exodus and can't even spawn.

6. Post #206
    June 2010
    1,061 Posts
    How about in the beginning if you go to the trader first, you get a pistol. This might encourage players to go through the trader and see what is there.

7. Post #207
    April 2009
    329 Posts
    I'm not sure if you need this, But I do have some semi-nice radiation gauge textures. I guess you can try to have the lua script compare the distance of the point_radiation to the ply's position, in-which it would rotate the needle accordingly on how close you are to the point_radiation to where you begin to take radiation sickness. (The background's are transparent)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #208
    Rude member.
    August 2010
    4,783 Posts
    Perhaps NPC traders that walk about between faction HQs, selling rare stuff at high prices.

Edited:

Whaddaya buyin'?

9. Post #209
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts
    I'm not sure if you need this, But I do have some semi-nice radiation gauge textures. I guess you can try to have the lua script compare the distance of the point_radiation to the ply's position, in-which it would rotate the needle accordingly on how close you are to the point_radiation to where you begin to take radiation sickness. (The background's are transparent)

I'm thinking of keeping with the slick black HUD theme with my gauge.

If you feel up to it, i need to basically take the radar texture, chop the bottom half off and make a needle that fits nicely with it.

10. Post #210
    April 2009
    329 Posts
    Err, can you explain a bit more on chopping the bottom half off of the radar texture...

11. Post #211
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts
    Just turn it into a half circle and maybe tidy up the bottom of it.

12. Post #212
    Rude member.
    August 2010
    4,783 Posts
    How about using the radar itself for that, like some kind of equalizer effect inside the radar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #213
    Rude member.
    August 2010
    4,783 Posts
    I'd suggest turning on the Friendly Fire on the US server, otherwise the "hunt the wanted man" quest doesn't make much sense.

Edited:

This is no country for automerge.

14. Post #214
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,852 Posts
    I'd suggest turning on the Friendly Fire on the US server, otherwise the "hunt the wanted man" quest doesn't make much sense.

Edited:

Automerge has a 4 hour limit I believe

15. Post #215
    Rude member.
    August 2010
    4,783 Posts
    It seems so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #216
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts

Edited:

It only lets you hunt players on the other teams.

17. Post #217
    Rude member.
    August 2010
    4,783 Posts
    Oh.

Edited:

I still want to kill my teammates for their loot.

Edited:

How about a loner faction.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

18. Post #218
    April 2009
    329 Posts
    Well, you got yourself another 20 slot server which plays this gamemode to add to the list if you want. I'm not sure how long it will last and I'm trying to find out why the item placements and everything wont save with the map but, wutever:

-snip-

Crap, wait. I really have to get the map saving the item placements working.

19. Post #219
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts
    It's a command. sv_radbox_save_map_config or something.

It outputs a file to the data folder.

Edited:

New update, check the SVN.

I need ideas of what to do with the hazard detector now. It's kind of useless now that we have the geiger counter.

I may just have it show anomalies on the radar and play sounds when you're near one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #220
    I will huff and puff and FLIP YOUR FUCKING TABLES
    October 2005
    7,186 Posts
    Is it just me or is the day/night cycle thing not working? I've been playing on my own server with a couple friends for a couple hours now and we haven't seen a change at all.. (we're on gm_atomic if that matters..)
    Also you forgot the Geiger Counter HUD textures in the resources file methinks.

21. Post #221
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts
    Is it just me or is the day/night cycle thing not working? I've been playing on my own server with a couple friends for a couple hours now and we haven't seen a change at all.. (we're on gm_atomic if that matters..)
    Also you forgot the Geiger Counter HUD textures in the resources file methinks.
    Day/night doesn't work on maps with fog since i cannot change fog colors.

22. Post #222
    April 2009
    329 Posts
    Yea, I tried sv_radbox_save_map_config. Everything else worked but that :(

23. Post #223
    Rude member.
    August 2010
    4,783 Posts
    Have you made the hazard detector detect anomalies yet?

24. Post #224
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    3,999 Posts
    Our copy has replaced the old font with a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Font, the server will be up shortly.

Edited:

Server is hosted in London.

25. Post #225
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    19,056 Posts
    So, what games do I need to have installed for this? CSS, HL2, what else?

26. Post #226
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts
    To play on rp_apocalypse you need EP2, EP1, CS:S and HL2.

To play this on a normal map that doesn't use content from the episodes you just need HL2 and CS:S.

Does anyone know of a STALKER playermodel content pack that doesn't suck? The one i used is missing animations and the models have issues. The bandits look like they're covered in grease or something.

27. Post #227
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    19,056 Posts
    Well, downloading all those games then. Let's hope my 460 agrees to run those in at least dx7.

28. Post #228
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts
    I've commented out the electro anomaly from the anomaly spawn event for now because it seems to cause crashes, and i cannot pinpoint why exactly. There's a problem with edicts which boggles my mind since it doesn't spawn that many env_lasers.

29. Post #229
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    19,056 Posts
    Would anyone have a reupload for rp_apocalypse? The garrysmod.org link hasn't worked for a while.

30. Post #230
    FUCK OFF garry, I am a goddamn proud swedish moose, not a fucking british heathen!
    July 2010
    3,226 Posts
    Would anyone have a reupload for rp_apocalypse? The garrysmod.org link hasn't worked for a while.
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/17246...pocalypse.zip/

31. Post #231
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    19,056 Posts
    Thanks. I'll pop in either server after a while.

32. Post #232
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts
    I've noticed that something else is causing intermittent crashes, if anyone here experiences a server crash please post the last things that appeared in the server log before the crash! It would help me greatly.

33. Post #233
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,048 Posts
    I've commented out the electro anomaly from the anomaly spawn event for now because it seems to cause crashes, and i cannot pinpoint why exactly. There's a problem with edicts which boggles my mind since it doesn't spawn that many env_lasers.
    Well rp_apocalypse gives around 700-800 edicts for the server to use. All those edicts are probably being used up by all the physical props, spawn points for players/items/anomalies, ect. that has been spawned for this gamemode. So if that's the case I can make a custom version of the map for your gamemode, there will be a lot more static props and stuff like that (since they don't raise the edict limit). And I'll do some placements and fix up a bit of the map also.

34. Post #234
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,457 Posts
    If I had a penny for every time the US server has crashed, I would be a millionaire.

35. Post #235
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,048 Posts
    Yeah I just got a bunch of money and completed a mission and the server crashed before I could get to the monk

36. Post #236
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts
    Well rp_apocalypse gives around 700-800 edicts for the server to use. All those edicts are probably being used up by all the physical props, spawn points for players/items/anomalies, ect. that has been spawned for this gamemode. So if that's the case I can make a custom version of the map for your gamemode, there will be a lot more static props and stuff like that (since they don't raise the edict limit). And I'll do some placements and fix up a bit of the map also.
    e: NVM. I have a feeling it has to do with edicts.

rp_apocalypse has 465 props, 140 player spawns, 171 loot spawns, 120 radiation spawns, 77 stashes, etc.

Definitely an edict overflow. The server commits suicide after about 10 players join. I'll swap to a smaller map until i can fix the amount of entities.

37. Post #237
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,048 Posts
    Loot spawns, radiation and player spawns are server-only so i don't think they affect the edict usage. I have a feeling it has to do with NPCs.
    Those all still affect the edict amount, pretty much everything is a server-side edict except for like ragdolls for dead bodies.
    Talking to one of the server owners there are around 973 that are newly spawned, that's also counts physical props already in the maps and spawn points in the map so subtract 64 for the number of spawns I added in and I don't know how many physical props I put in the map. But that's a lot of stuff and probably causing the server to crash. So if you want I can make a custom version to deal with a larger edict issue

Yeah he was talking to you too, and you should add me on friends so we can discuss this more

38. Post #238
    January 2011
    1,149 Posts
    My config file for rp_apocalypse has a lot of un-needed player spawns and prop spawns. Once you make a revision of the map i'll do a quick sweep and remove un-needed props and such.

39. Post #239
    FUCK OFF garry, I am a goddamn proud swedish moose, not a fucking british heathen!
    July 2010
    3,226 Posts
    Whats the IP to the EU and US server?

40. Post #240
    Rude member.
    August 2010
    4,783 Posts
    Whats the IP to the EU and US server?
    Invision Gaming Server [UK]: 89.145.94.194:27045

Liquid Gaming Server [US]: 69.162.67.26:27015