1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,619 Posts
    Just now we heared the news that airsoft became legal in the Netherlands! As the only country of the EU where it was illegal we finally catched up with the rest.

I am extremely happy about this and it means I can finally do the thing I've always wanted to do. I'm currently looking at the UTG Master Sniper Rifle. Any thoughts or experiences with that one?

We also aren't sure yet about the exact rules, they still need to be set up. God, I'm just so happy this finally happened.\

----- NOTE: This post is old, and a bit stupid, take a look here: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?...1#post39166937 -----------
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 26Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    18,002 Posts
    Good on you, EU.

The UTG-Anything sucks. Your first gun should never be a Sniper rifle unless you're absolutely dedicated to spend enormous amounts of time to upgrade, pay and practice with it. I've had a UTG sniper rifle because I had that phase in my airsoft life too where I thought having a sniper would be 'cool' but it was awful. I can't give the thing away.

Rules vary from field to field, as do restrictions on airsoft guns.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,619 Posts
    Well, obviously, I'm completely new to the hobby. Any 'first gun' recommendations? Something that has to be under the 300 dollar range.

4. Post #4
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    18,002 Posts
    It's not all that obvious. There are a few countries with restrictions like that on airsoft but they still get guns in all the same.

The only thing you gave me to work with is a gun under $300. There are hundreds of guns that fit that description. Could you more specifically tell me what you'd like? Models of guns help a lot, M16/M4, AK variants, G36 variants and such would help. Anything you can tell me will basically narrow down a search.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,619 Posts
    Sure, I've been looking around the M14-ish. Seems interesting. I'm still so excited We got the news around 5 minutes ago.

6. Post #6
    I'm a Cthulhu!
    January 2011
    5,287 Posts
    Now i want it to be legal in Norway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,619 Posts
    It took us 7 years.

Edited:

I'd like to pick a gun from http://www.kotte-zeller.de/Gewehre-S...shop&ci=011462 anyways. Sorry that it's German. You might be able to pick out some words.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,103 Posts
    Many great-quality AEGs are far under $300 (USD). The cheapest and probably best M14-pattern AEG is made by AGM/CYMA and comes in a variety of finishes. The site has it listed as the first two entries here:

http://www.kotte-zeller.de/M14-Serie...shop&ci=011479

Unfortunately, that website doesn't seem to give many details about each gun. For research or just poking around, I would browse Evike (http://airsoftpost.com/) as they have detailed and pretty good product pages with full-spread photos and reviews that are occasionally helpful. Just look up interesting guns then see if the kotte-zeller.de store sells them.

This is their catalog of consistently praised Chinese electric guns that have incredible value and great performance:

http://www.airsoftpost.com/index.php?cPath=21_44_211
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,619 Posts
    And what would be a good budget to buy everything I need for airsoft? Including clothing, protection and BBs?

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,103 Posts
    It's common to use cheap paintball masks when you start out, so you don't have to worry about getting shot in the nose/mouth/ears/etc. Those are usually under $20 and the protection is definitely suitable for airsoft as well. You could also run with full-sealed (covers all entrance to eyes) goggles by themselves and wear a scarf or ski mask or something underneath.

It was a pain to find BBs that were both good and cheap before Evike started mass-producing fantastic Chinese BBs labeled "Matrix". I'm not sure if you'll be able to find them in Europe.

They look like this:
    http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_i...ducts_id=24114

As long as you stick with 0.2g BBs that seem high-quality, they shouldn't be that expensive. They're really the only recurring cost of airsoft besides gun repairs and green-gas if you go that route.

Starting out, just wear the most durable, toughest clothes you can find - old jackets, anything that seems protective and comfortable. Military-surplus stores and the like are wonderful for buying genuine camouflage if you want to get serious later. (Derubermensch and I found a wonderful woodland camo jacket my size labeled U.S. Army for $4!).

If you want to grab exotic camouflage to build your own loadouts, you'll have to order online and that can get expensive pretty fast. Eventually you might want to buy a cheap vest to hold magazines or a sidearm or whatnot.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    12,424 Posts
    Just starting out, airsoft is expensive. A good gun that is (probably) in your price range would be a CYMA M14.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,619 Posts
    We got a dumpstore here where they have a lot of cheap army cloths, so I will most likely go there, can also get some cheap army boots. And that Matrix CM032 M14 looks very interesting! Especially for only $150

13. Post #13
    NEO 卐 NAZI HERO <3
    September 2009
    3,963 Posts
    Holy shit, you get to smoke weed and play Airsoft????
    Brb going to Netherlands
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,619 Posts
    We can do both at the same time! Imagine a Airsoft battle with weed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,103 Posts
    God damnit, that tree isn't calling his hits.

Edited:

LOL COME ON TREE I sHOT YOU :xd:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    12,424 Posts
    We can do both at the same time! Imagine a Airsoft battle with weed.
    ahaha that would end so badly
    do that as your first big game and get someone (that isn't smoking) to film the whole thing then upload it

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,619 Posts
    Everybody would just be chilling against a tree, not giving a fuck.

Edited:

I'll be back tomorrow to discuss how awesome this is.

18. Post #18
    Jherkin Gherkin
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,198 Posts
    hey
    if you need cammies
    www.asmc.de
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    November 2009
    1,520 Posts
    Congrats. Just make sure to get the CYMA and not the AGM M14, I've heard some bad stuff about the AGM.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,619 Posts
    Getting CYMA M14 for sure. I think the law passes in a couple of weeks. I'll keep this thread updated if it interests you. Better start saving up.

21. Post #21
    November 2009
    1,520 Posts
    Well I'm in the US, but that's really awesome that it's legal for you now.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,619 Posts
    Alot of Dutch people already played Airsoft, but they'd drive to Belgium and smuggle their weapons over the border or keep them there.

23. Post #23
    April 2007
    1,133 Posts
    Alot of Dutch people already played Airsoft, but they'd drive to Belgium and smuggle their weapons over the border or keep them there.
    damn... that legit

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,619 Posts
    Totally getting a shemagh

Edited:

Does anyone have experience with combatgearing.com? They seem to be quite cheap, giving discounts and free shipping.

25. Post #25
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    18,002 Posts
    I've ordered from them. Expect three-four weeks for shipping but you'll get it.

Others I know have ordered to without any problems.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,619 Posts
    So I've been reading through the debate that they had and I noticed that they said:

We are prepared to make changes to the law before the end of this year for the practicers of airsoft.
    Sorry for the shitty engrish translation, but appearantly it can still take an entire year. :smith:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,181 Posts
    Still better than nothing for you guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,619 Posts
    True

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,620 Posts
    Great to hear that you guys got something other than a crummy unrealistic STAR AEG legalized! Just be glad you aren't playing airsoft in Portugal, though.

Unless you like neon yellow flash hiders, stocks, grips, and barrels, of course.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,619 Posts
    Well, we still need to see what they are going to change to the law. Most parties proposed that every airsoft player should have a permit(?) to own an airsoft gun, and either keep it at the shooting club, or keep it disassembled in a save.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,620 Posts
    That sounds like a pain, actually.

You don't need a permit to go play rugby, do you? Why should you need a permit for this sport?

32. Post #32
    NEO 卐 NAZI HERO <3
    September 2009
    3,963 Posts
    Because in Rugby you don't run around with imitation firearms shooting each other.
    You hold a funny shaped ball and run ot the other side of a pitch.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,619 Posts
    Exactly, they most likely will treat airsoft weapons like real guns. Permit, keeping them in a save or at the shooting range/club.

Edited:

Better than not being able to do the sport at all.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,620 Posts
    Exactly, they most likely will treat airsoft weapons like real guns. Permit, keeping them in a save or at the shooting range/club.

Edited:

Better than not being able to do the sport at all.
    True. They're just toys, though; they don't act enough like firearms in my opinion. Nerf guns don't need a permit...

Ah, I'm just ranting at politician wisdom. Don't mind me.

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    12,424 Posts
    Better then nothing.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,619 Posts
    Again, the only problem is that they are exact replicas. So maybe we will get orange tips.

37. Post #37
    PAST TENSE DIG
    October 2007
    7,717 Posts
    Orange tips aren't that bad. Better than what the UK has until you get a UKARA license or whatever

38. Post #38
    Jherkin Gherkin
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,198 Posts
    i liek tips :)

39. Post #39
    December 2009
    13,479 Posts
    Or you could come to Canada where we don't need orange tips or two tone or anything. Of course you're paying on average 1.5-2x the normal price though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Jherkin Gherkin
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,198 Posts
    Or you could come to Canada where we don't need orange tips or two tone or anything. Of course you're paying on average 1.5-2x the normal price though
    orange tips aren't even really required in the us
    so come to the usa
    we are best
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)