1. Post #81
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    not everyone is a poor shit y'know
    I was just curious. Some guy ran in front of my Flying Spur around four months ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    1,353 Posts
    people dont step near my hilux in fear of dying spontaneously
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,033 Posts
    Worm, anything new on your possible tire and gear swap?

4. Post #84
    Gold Member

March 2009
    4,529 Posts
    What car did you run in front of to get an X5?
    I bought it from the same shop for 6k with a rebuilt title. About a month after I bought it, there was another car crash (not caused by me). It was fixed there. Then I complained when I had the check engine light. That was when the oil issue occurred.

Now I'm trying to sell it for 5k.

Also, it was a joint car, my mom wants to have her own BMW (7-series, I really doubt it'll happen). And to get her out of the car, I told her about selling it. That's one of the many reasons why I'm hellbent on buying a Supra.

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    I bought it from the same shop for 6k with a rebuilt title. About a month after I bought it, there was another car crash (not caused by me). It was fixed there. Then I complained when I had the check engine light. That was when the oil issue occurred.

Now I'm trying to sell it for 5k.

Also, it was a joint car, my mom wants to have her own BMW (7-series, I really doubt it'll happen). And to get her out of the car, I told her about selling it. That's one of the many reasons why I'm hellbent on buying a Supra.
    That's not that bad of a deal. Did you see the pictures of the wreck it was in? I'm always scared to buy a rebuilt car probably stemming from the Galant that my mom purchased in Florida with a Photoshopped CarFax sticker on it. Turns out it has actually been totaled 8 times, and shifted like a semi truck.

6. Post #86
    Gold Member

March 2009
    4,529 Posts
    That's not that bad of a deal. Did you see the pictures of the wreck it was in? I'm always scared to buy a rebuilt car probably stemming from the Galant that my mom purchased in Florida with a Photoshopped CarFax sticker on it. Turns out it has actually been totaled 8 times, and shifted like a semi truck.
    No pictures, all I know is the guy fixed everything that went wrong, bent frame, radiator was dead. You just can't sell a car with a title like that for much.

My accident was the stupidest thing to ever happen. I sat at a goddamn intersection with a median beside me when a white grand prix goes 60mph into my door at sideswiping angle.

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    1,353 Posts
    Worm, anything new on your possible tire and gear swap?
    did the tyre swap. havent had trouble in the city, but if i have to go 4x4'ing to test it out on tracks

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,388 Posts
    if you need a reliable car, don't buy a supra... trust me... unless you keep it all stock and baby it like a granny.
    Once you start wanting power... it never ends $$$$$

9. Post #89
    June 2007
    879 Posts
    if you need a reliable car, don't buy a supra... trust me... unless you keep it all stock and baby it like a granny.
    Once you start wanting power... it never ends $$$$$
    The same is true for any car. I have an 08 Si, K20z3 which is a super reliable engine. Boom here I am 2 cracked exhaust manifolds later...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,033 Posts
    did the tyre swap. havent had trouble in the city, but if i have to go 4x4'ing to test it out on tracks
    Surprising that 38's wouldn't effect anything. What gears does it have in it already?

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,948 Posts
    The same is true for any car. I have an 08 Si, K20z3 which is a super reliable engine. Boom here I am 2 cracked exhaust manifolds later...
    what do you have done to your Si?

we should race :q:

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    1,353 Posts
    surprising that 38's wouldn't effect anything. What gears does it have in it already?
    4.313 - 1
    2.330 - 2
    1.436 - 3
    1.000 - 4
    0.838 - 5
    4.220 - r

Edited:

stock gears.

Edited:

wow, facepunch is being slow
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    June 2007
    879 Posts
    what do you have done to your Si?

we should race :q:

Turbo'dddddd.

But I'm thinking of going to a supercharger and staying around 300Whp.

You may get more out of a turbo, but they aren't super reliable.

Edit:
    Do you live anywhere near Cleveland Ohio! I would be down for a race!

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,948 Posts
    wait what when how

youre turbo?

:aaaaa:

naww man i didnt say anything about a race

15. Post #95
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Are you using a stainless or cast manifold for your turbo bro?

I had to go to cast... The torque mounts allowed the little D15 to flop all around so after essentially shaking the turbo on the end of 4 steel pipes for a while, two of them cracked.

Changed to a cast manifold and solid mounts and now no troubles.

On topic: The other day when I was putting my cast manifold on I realised the oil line was about 2 inches too short.

Japfeiffer was there and swore up and down it was my intercooler hose (which is a rubber 90 degree elbow) was the thing holding it up. Here I am, one new oil line later running the same hose, which fit perfectly might I add. Nice and snug, no strain on my IC piping at all.

16. Post #96
    October 2008
    1,323 Posts
    I was in Auto Zone one day, and the guy in front of me was asking the help guy, "How may spark plugs does a 2002 f250 with the 7.3 power stroke need" I busted out laughing right in the middle of the store.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

17. Post #97
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,388 Posts
    7.3 powerstroke= diesel
    amirite?

if yes, then: lol

18. Post #98
    October 2008
    1,323 Posts
    7.3 powerstroke= diesel
    amirite?

if yes, then: lol
    Yes sir.

19. Post #99
    November 2008
    161 Posts
    This guy seems to be a pretty knowledgeable car enthusiast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Funny Funny x 3 (list)

20. Post #100
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    1,353 Posts
    make sure those cops can't get us, because this car does have v-tec

Edited:

should be called ultimate sarcasm review
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,913 Posts
    Perhaps it's me still being drunk from last night but this vid, from the same guy, made me laugh.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

22. Post #102
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,692 Posts
    the two brake pedals and subzero gearing is what got me hahaha

23. Post #103
    May 2010
    3,734 Posts
    gotta love them RL trolls

24. Post #104
    November 2008
    161 Posts
    Perhaps it's me still being drunk from last night but this vid, from the same guy, made me laugh.

I've seen that but I didn't know it was from the same guy lol. That made me laugh so hard the first time I saw it.

Edit:
    What got me about the first vid was the "3000 horsepower to the FRONT wheels, the only place the power should EVER be." and "It can do it all sir. Except coconuts, too hard."

25. Post #105
    June 2007
    879 Posts
    Are you using a stainless or cast manifold for your turbo bro?

I had to go to cast... The torque mounts allowed the little D15 to flop all around so after essentially shaking the turbo on the end of 4 steel pipes for a while, two of them cracked.

Changed to a cast manifold and solid mounts and now no troubles.

On topic: The other day when I was putting my cast manifold on I realised the oil line was about 2 inches too short.

Japfeiffer was there and swore up and down it was my intercooler hose (which is a rubber 90 degree elbow) was the thing holding it up. Here I am, one new oil line later running the same hose, which fit perfectly might I add. Nice and snug, no strain on my IC piping at all.
    I'm running a cast Log Style (Don't like log style) mani. But I've already cracked 2... so I'm going SC. On my car you can pretty reliably make 310~ with the CT-E SC. Besides BOVs sound sick and all but I am over turbo lag for AutoX.

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,033 Posts
    4.313 - 1
    2.330 - 2
    1.436 - 3
    1.000 - 4
    0.838 - 5
    4.220 - r

Edited:

stock gears.

Edited:

wow, facepunch is being slow
    Dayumm. How about rear end gear?

Oh, just watched an episode of Xtreme 4x4 where they built a diesel for one of their buggys. It was a Duramax that they swapped the rods, pistons, and a bunch of other stuff, added a compound turbo setup that made 85lbs of boost. Overall put out 950hp and almost 1700 foot pounds. Talk about holy... shit...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #107
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,948 Posts

Oh, just watched an episode of Xtreme 4x4 where they built a diesel for one of their buggys. It was a Duramax that they swapped the rods, pistons, and a bunch of other stuff, added a compound turbo setup that made 85lbs of boost. Overall put out 950hp and almost 1700 foot pounds. Talk about holy... shit...
    I actually watched the first couple episodes of that build, they were fabbing engine mounts the last i watched. those shows are SOOOO short

28. Post #108
    September 2007
    432 Posts
    I was watching Top Gear and browsing this thread when i saw this, not a minute later it appeared on tv!! (it was in top gear)

29. Post #109
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,050 Posts
    I was talking to a customer at work today about his truck and he goes:

"The rear end gears are really low, I had 88s put in it."

Huh? What the hell kind of a gear ratio is "88"? Not 2.88? Not 3.88, or god forbid 4.88? Just..."88s".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    1,353 Posts

embarrassingly i don't know. everything engine/gear/exhaust wise is still stock (its the only things i haven't modded... yet...) so you might be able to find it here

31. Post #111
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2008
    3,641 Posts
    *Freezorg*

/thread.
    Do I know you, by any chance? Or do you just simply know that I dislike muscle cars and decide that means I know nothing about cars, even though it's just a personal opinion, a matter of tastes? Or maybe I said something else that I honestly can't remember?
    Or do you just like talking about people behind their back?

Edited:

Anyway, some of my classmates think that "turbo = nitrous" and if I try to teach them what a supercharger does, they don't understand.
    They are the same people who think a stupid riced old Citroen Saxo is the best thing in the world. And when I talk about things like weight transfer or downforce, or even trying to explain something as simple as how TCS works, these people just call me a nerd and think that their new body kit in their Fiesta does magic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Do I know you, by any chance? Or do you just simply know that I dislike muscle cars and decide that means I know nothing about cars, even though it's just a personal opinion, a matter of tastes? Or maybe I said something else that I honestly can't remember?
    Take a joke, faggot.

Edited:

Wait maybe it's because you know fuck all about good car design. Weren't you the one who got into an argument in the "Car design and how much it sucks nowadays blah blah blah" thread?

Edited:

Eh, maybe it was a different thread. But I seem to recall you thinking some fugly cars looked amazing, and everyone disagreeing with you. Someone find me a source on that. I'm too lazy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

33. Post #113
    May 2010
    3,734 Posts

Edited:

Anyway, some of my classmates think that "turbo = nitrous" and if I try to teach them what a supercharger does, they don't understand.
    They are the same people who think a stupid riced old Citroen Saxo is the best thing in the world. And when I talk about things like weight transfer or downforce, or even trying to explain something as simple as how TCS works, these people just call me a nerd and think that their new body kit in their Fiesta does magic.
    let them believe what they want
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #114
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    9,990 Posts
    I should've taken a picture but at work there was a New Beetle that had the trunk duct taped down
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    736 Posts
    Take a joke, faggot.
    Just ignore him. Eventually he will lose interest in cars again and go try on some more of his mom's panties while shes at the market. It's what he's best at.

Don't read the Crossdressing Megathread. Don't.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Artistic Artistic x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Getting about tired of my friend wanting me to do a B swap in his car and manual tranny swap at the same time.

How hard is it to understand a motor AND tranny swap isn't just bolting a motor and tranny in? There's a bunch of shit you have to chop out because the car didn't come with holes in those places, and the the pedal setup, clutch cylinders, mounts, wiring tidbits for the M/T since the A/T worked differently, manual ECU, different axles...

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,692 Posts
    girl at school today thought rpm was referring to the tires :iiam:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,828 Posts
    girl at school today thought rpm was referring to the tires :iiam:
    Yes, the Rim Pressure Magnitude is a way of determining tire pressure by measuring rim deformation.
    Duh.

Edited:

Edited: I try to teach them what a supercharger does, they don't understand.
    What the hell is wrong with your friends?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,692 Posts
    What the hell is wrong with your friends?
    right? everyone knows it pressurizes the oil in your mufflers to allowe for more accurate sealing of the apex
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    10,091 Posts
    Man I thought there were ignorant people, but shit.