1. Post #4761
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,792 Posts
    I want Aza's Arid Texture pack to be finished.
    I love the water in it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Hungary Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #4762
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,553 Posts
    ur so meen no witelist 4 u
    arealdy witelisted OWNED!!! :xd:

Edited:

:flashfap:

Finally released: http://c418.bandcamp.com/album/minecraft-volume-alpha

SOMEONE GIVE IT TO ME :pcgaming:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #4763
    Dosen't need a bigger avatar
    April 2010
    3,157 Posts
    where do i find the launcher files in my minecraft folder?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4764
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,553 Posts
    you dont
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

5. Post #4765
    Dosen't need a bigger avatar
    April 2010
    3,157 Posts
    ah! does anyone have a link to the old launcher?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #4766
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,792 Posts
    Lucid pack's wools look like shit.
    (Oicani is going to kill me.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Hungary Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

7. Post #4767
    [B][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacos"]Tacos![/URL][/B]
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    Okay guys this is really pissing me off. Three times in a row a zombie has spawned next to my bed and attacked me. What the fuck!? This random encounter bullshit needs to stop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

8. Post #4768
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    5,492 Posts
    there was no old launcher
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

9. Post #4769
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    Fourth time. Now a Skeleton. What the hell determines a random encounter!?

10. Post #4770
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    5,492 Posts
    Fourth time. Now a Skeleton. What the hell determines a random encounter!?
    is your bed next to a wall?

11. Post #4771
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,792 Posts
    Okay guys this is really pissing me off. Three times in a row a zombie has spawned next to my bed and attacked me. What the fuck!? This random encounter bullshit needs to stop.
    Yesterday me and my friend were on a server and we were going around randomly and made a tent everytime it became night.
    If we entered late and started sleeping no matter how many fucking lights there were we were woken up by mobs.
    I really think it's a bug.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Hungary Show Events

12. Post #4772
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    12,998 Posts
    Put signs next to my Nether portal that say:

"Pray for thine soule 'fore ent'ring yon acursed realm, For the daemons beyond shall not be so merciful as God."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #4773
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,050 Posts
    It's not a random encounter, either a) mobs can get in your building or b) you built your bed next to a one block thick wall.

14. Post #4774
    July 2010
    3,963 Posts
    http://cl.ly/1A3p3G031F2p2c1V1U0i
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events

15. Post #4775
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    is your bed next to a wall?
    Of course it is. It's also super bright in the room. It's a very annoying bug.

Looking out my window I see the sun is on my side:

I'm building a town is a giant hole surrounded by cliffs and mountains. Which are infested with surface caves. That is one of them.

Edited:

It's not a random encounter, either a) mobs can get in your building or b) you built your bed next to a one block thick wall.
    Bed's can't be next to walls?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #4776
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,792 Posts
    Of course it is. It's also super bright in the room. It's a very annoying bug.

Looking out my window I see the sun is on my side:

I'm building a town is a giant hole surrounded by cliffs and mountains. Which are infested with surface caves. That is one of them.

Edited:

Bed's can't be next to walls?
    bullshit my bed is next to a one block thick wall and i dont get attacked by a mob.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

17. Post #4777
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,050 Posts
    if your bed is next to a one block thick wall which has the outside on the other side, you'll be attacked (I think)
    Might just be on ground level though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #4778
    Dennab
    March 2009
    1,876 Posts
    Leave Team Hatshitress out of this thread. Fucking TF2, you've made me mad now.
    Deal with it, garry removed the trading forum, so download a hatless skin pack and turn off chat.

19. Post #4779
    June 2010
    2,703 Posts
    I heard mobs spawn if it's too light in the room.

20. Post #4780
    You're a big guy.
    January 2011
    4,768 Posts
    So I got my PC repaired, and I can play MC again!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #4781
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,233 Posts
    Can someone please explain how to install the TooManyItems mod? There's pretty much just a bunch of .class files!

22. Post #4782
    June 2010
    2,703 Posts
    Lucky bastard :frown:

Edited:

Can someone please explain how to install the TooManyItems mod? There's pretty much just a bunch of .class files!
    Drag the .class files into minecraft.jar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #4783
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,233 Posts

Edited:

Drag the .class files into minecraft.jar
    Sadly I am extremely dense, and have caused minecraft to blackscreen whenever I click on it. I assume this means deleting the .bin file?

24. Post #4784
    June 2010
    2,703 Posts
    Sadly I am extremely dense, and have caused minecraft to blackscreen whenever I click on it. I assume this means deleting the .bin file?
    Delete meta-inf.
    Sorry, forgot to say that before.

25. Post #4785
    July 2010
    3,963 Posts
    You need to delete META-INF before it will work, afaik.

:ninja:

Mattyyyy :argh:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

26. Post #4786
    You're a big guy.
    January 2011
    4,768 Posts
    They also upgraded my processor with no extra charge. 2.5GHz to 3.2GHz quad
    you jelly? :smug:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #4787
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,142 Posts
    Y'know, i've been thinking a bit about Redstone and it's properties (thinking deeply here), and I must say it's a damn interesting concept for a mineral. It's a resilient material in it's naturally-occuring ore-form, yet at the same time it is brittle enough to drop in the form of dust after mining.

As for it's stranger attributes, it appears to be conductive, piezoelectric and potentially radioactive. The conductivity is kind of obvious, as Redstone Wires can easily carry energy currents produced by Redstone Torches, whereas the piezoelectricity, by which it generates an energy current under pressure, comes from how the Ore glows a bit when it is struck or stepped on, as well as how it responds to Pressure Plates, Stone Buttons, Levers, etc.

The last part, the potential radioactivity, can be attributed to how it glows and whatnot. Tied in with the piezoelectricity, Redstone Dust glows when pressure or a current is applied, emitting both red light and some other energy, perhaps electricity or something similar. However, when crafted into a Redstone Torch, it glows of it's own volition, and ceases to do so when a current is applied.

How does this work? Does the Redstone react in a certain way when it is crafted with Wood? Is there some sort of energy in the wood of Minecraft trees that is capable of forcing the Redstone into it's radioactive state (perhaps Minecraftian Trees are magical, like the Hist from The Elder Scrolls), or does the crafting method for Redstone Torches involve high-enough pressures to send it into the same state with a semi-permanent duration? (I always imagine the Redstone part of the Redstone Torch to be some sort of Redstone crystal) I think it is the latter, since Repeater blocks are unpowered by default, although perhaps the Stone has a relative grounding effect.

Regardless, when the Torch is supplied with a current, it is switched off, possibly due to the current having a sort of "stabilising effect" that restores order to the restless "provoked" state of the Redstone Torch. Quite an interesting mechanic if you ask me.

All in all, I find Redstone utterly fascinating, despite my inability and unwillingness to work with it outside of making Watches and Compasses (mostly Watches). And on that note, it brings me to the subject of Watches and Compasses. The Compasses I understand with ease, as the electrical nature of Redstone combined with the magnetic qualities of Iron can easily be interpreted as the Redstone magnetising a sliver of Iron to point towards your apparently-magnetic spawnpoint, which brings me to believe that one's spawnpoint is a point in time and space that is mysteriously attuned to one's body and "soul", and radiates strong magnetic fields for some inscrutable reason.

However, I don't fully understand what causes Redstone to power a Clock. Perhaps the current reacts with Gold so that the Golden ring inside the Clock slowly rotates around a Redstone Crystal in a clockwise direction, thus turning the clockface it is attached to. There, I think I solved that little mystery by myself.

I know what you're all thinking, you're thinking "What is he prattling on about this time?", "That boy's thinking too deeply into a video game...", and "...what". Maybe I am, but it's all because of this wonderous and seemingly-magical material. If it actually existed in real-life, it would be one of the most awesome materials known to man, if there aren't similar materials already, which I highly-doubt there are. Although it might be possible that a combination of strontium-90, an isotope of strontium-90 that is beta-radioactive (it radiates beta particles, high-speed high-energy electrons), and an electrically-conductive metal like gold or platinum, might yield a material with similar attributes, at least the seemingly-spontaneous generation of electrical energy, though the other attributes of Redstone would likely not apply to the Strontium-90+Gold compound, which i'd probably term "strontaurum", a portmaneau of strontium and aurum, the Latin word for gold. Either that or Redstone in honour of Minecraft Redstone, but only if it's got a reddish colour.

Someone in the realms of science should attempt to smelt gold and strontium-90, just to see the resulting material. Who knows, might turn out to be pretty valuable, even if it's not Redstone. Apparently strontium-90's a by-product of nuclear fission, so nuclear power-plants could potentially be "goldmines" for strontium-90, if there's enough present in nuclear waste. Come to think of it, there's quite a bit of strontium-90 in the area affected by the Chernobyl Incident. Perhaps in the STALKER setting, throwing gold into an anomaly like a Vortex, Whirligig, Springboard, etc, would yield something like "strontaurum" or Redstone, although now this is just speculation, so i'll end that little bit.

Theoretical smithings and strontium-90 aside, Redstone is so mysterious and amazing, and it's made me think deeply about it. If the real-world had anything with Redstone's properties, it'd be pretty damn revolutionary. But what i'm wondering is how it forms in Minecraft. Is it simply a fusion of gold and other heavy elements deep underground, or is it something more "magical", like the spilt blood of eldritch abominations that once roamed Minecraftia but were eventually wiped out by ancient Pigman tribes? I guess we won't know for a long time, unless Mojang decides to actually add some sort of lore to Minecraft.

To sum up, pseudoscience of Redstone, attempted rationalisation of it's strange properties, speculation of what it could be, a waste of 2 hours on my part, but only a few minutes on yours, moreso if you actually read it all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #4788
    July 2010
    3,963 Posts
    They also upgraded my processor with no extra charge. 2.5GHz to 3.2GHz quad
    you jelly? :smug:
    Was it so shit that they had no replacement for it?

Kidding
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events

29. Post #4789
    I stole Craptaskets underwear.
    October 2010
    4,748 Posts
    Y'know, i've been thinking a bit about Redstone and it's properties (thinking deeply here), and I must say it's a damn interesting concept for a mineral. It's a resilient material in it's naturally-occuring ore-form, yet at the same time it is brittle enough to drop in the form of dust after mining.

As for it's stranger attributes, it appears to be conductive, piezoelectric and potentially radioactive. The conductivity is kind of obvious, as Redstone Wires can easily carry energy currents produced by Redstone Torches, whereas the piezoelectricity, by which it generates an energy current under pressure, comes from how the Ore glows a bit when it is struck or stepped on, as well as how it responds to Pressure Plates, Stone Buttons, Levers, etc.

The last part, the potential radioactivity, can be attributed to how it glows and whatnot. Tied in with the piezoelectricity, Redstone Dust glows when pressure or a current is applied, emitting both red light and some other energy, perhaps electricity or something similar. However, when crafted into a Redstone Torch, it glows of it's own volition, and ceases to do so when a current is applied.

How does this work? Does the Redstone react in a certain way when it is crafted with Wood? Is there some sort of energy in the wood of Minecraft trees that is capable of forcing the Redstone into it's radioactive state (perhaps Minecraftian Trees are magical, like the Hist from The Elder Scrolls), or does the crafting method for Redstone Torches involve high-enough pressures to send it into the same state with a semi-permanent duration? (I always imagine the Redstone part of the Redstone Torch to be some sort of Redstone crystal) I think it is the latter, since Repeater blocks are unpowered by default, although perhaps the Stone has a relative grounding effect.

Regardless, when the Torch is supplied with a current, it is switched off, possibly due to the current having a sort of "stabilising effect" that restores order to the restless "provoked" state of the Redstone Torch. Quite an interesting mechanic if you ask me.

All in all, I find Redstone utterly fascinating, despite my inability and unwillingness to work with it outside of making Watches and Compasses (mostly Watches). And on that note, it brings me to the subject of Watches and Compasses. The Compasses I understand with ease, as the electrical nature of Redstone combined with the magnetic qualities of Iron can easily be interpreted as the Redstone magnetising a sliver of Iron to point towards your apparently-magnetic spawnpoint, which brings me to believe that one's spawnpoint is a point in time and space that is mysteriously attuned to one's body and "soul", and radiates strong magnetic fields for some inscrutable reason.

However, I don't fully understand what causes Redstone to power a Clock. Perhaps the current reacts with Gold so that the Golden ring inside the Clock slowly rotates around a Redstone Crystal in a clockwise direction, thus turning the clockface it is attached to. There, I think I solved that little mystery by myself.

I know what you're all thinking, you're thinking "What is he prattling on about this time?", "That boy's thinking too deeply into a video game...", and "...what". Maybe I am, but it's all because of this wonderous and seemingly-magical material. If it actually existed in real-life, it would be one of the most awesome materials known to man, if there aren't similar materials already, which I highly-doubt there are. Although it might be possible that a combination of strontium-90, an isotope of strontium-90 that is beta-radioactive (it radiates beta particles, high-speed high-energy electrons), and an electrically-conductive metal like gold or platinum, might yield a material with similar attributes, at least the seemingly-spontaneous generation of electrical energy, though the other attributes of Redstone would likely not apply to the Strontium-90+Gold compound, which i'd probably term "strontaurum", a portmaneau of strontium and aurum, the Latin word for gold. Either that or Redstone in honour of Minecraft Redstone, but only if it's got a reddish colour.

Someone in the realms of science should attempt to smelt gold and strontium-90, just to see the resulting material. Who knows, might turn out to be pretty valuable, even if it's not Redstone. Apparently strontium-90's a by-product of nuclear fission, so nuclear power-plants could potentially be "goldmines" for strontium-90, if there's enough present in nuclear waste. Come to think of it, there's quite a bit of strontium-90 in the area affected by the Chernobyl Incident. Perhaps in the STALKER setting, throwing gold into an anomaly like a Vortex, Whirligig, Springboard, etc, would yield something like "strontaurum" or Redstone, although now this is just speculation, so i'll end that little bit.

Theoretical smithings and strontium-90 aside, Redstone is so mysterious and amazing, and it's made me think deeply about it. If the real-world had anything with Redstone's properties, it'd be pretty damn revolutionary. But what i'm wondering is how it forms in Minecraft. Is it simply a fusion of gold and other heavy elements deep underground, or is it something more "magical", like the spilt blood of eldritch abominations that once roamed Minecraftia but were eventually wiped out by ancient Pigman tribes? I guess we won't know for a long time, unless Mojang decides to actually add some sort of lore to Minecraft.

To sum up, pseudoscience of Redstone, attempted rationalisation of it's strange properties, speculation of what it could be, a waste of 2 hours on my part, but only a few minutes on yours, moreso if you actually read it all.
    My head hurts after reading this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

30. Post #4790
    June 2010
    2,703 Posts
    snip

31. Post #4791
    You're a big guy.
    January 2011
    4,768 Posts
    Was it so shit that they had no replacement for it?

Kidding
    Had an AMD Phenom 2.5, they upgraded to AMD Phenom II 3.2 quad
    :smug:

32. Post #4792
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,173 Posts
    My save disappeared. It's in the save folder but not in the game. And I was just using it yesterday.

Edited:

Holy what happened to my postcount
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #4793
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    2,666 Posts
    I'm paranoid as fuck when it comes to sleeping in minecraft. My bedroom would easily handle a nuclear war :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #4794
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,408 Posts
    Minecraft with a story? Sign me up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #4795
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,142 Posts
    My head hurts after reading this.
    Sad to hear that. Maybe you need more brain-exercise or whatnot?

Mind-humping aside, does it make a creepy kinda sense, or is it just technobabble to you?
    Minecraft with a story? Sign me up
    Hells yeah, Minecraft does indeed need at least some lore, so it could be even deeper, especially if you can find lore in the form of all sorts of archeological stuff, found through digging and mining. I want to find a bas-relief depicting the rise and fall of the proud Pigman civilisation, to read about how their Nether-based meddlings resulted in the collapse of their empire and their devolution into lowly beasts... That'd be totally boss! (is boss an appropriate word concerning legendary lore?)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

36. Post #4796
    January 2010
    9,599 Posts
    pc fix buddys :buddy:

Edited:

mine was taking a shit too since 2 days ago, but it seems to be ok now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

37. Post #4797
    November 2010
    1,507 Posts
    Does anyone rage-delete worlds when you die?
    I just deleted mine, I lost my stuff to a skeleton.
    Darn skeletons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

38. Post #4798
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    4,752 Posts
    I just installed the Jurassicraft mod and made a new world since the one I was working on the most had already created the nether, which conflicts with the Jurassic.

So far it's going good, found a nice cave system not too long ago littered with enemies I cleared out (though not without taking a hefty amount of damage), and is just about ready to be harvested for the resources it has. Though to be safe, I crafted a pair of leather pants in case more skeletons start arrowing me.

39. Post #4799
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,361 Posts
    arealdy witelisted OWNED!!! :xd:
    Not on New Ventlegille you ain't. :clint:

Also, brought it up in the Nationcraft Teamspeak server, but I think it'd be cool if each faction had some sort of magic casters. They could craft materials together that would give them abilities such as insta-building a small house or summoning mobs in battle.

40. Post #4800
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    18,430 Posts
    Rough n' Tough is best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events