The Cheetoland is a 24/7 professional SMP server run by The Cheeto Community. Some Minecrafters may remember hearing about our server now and then back in the late summer and throughout the fall as being a rather ambitious roleplay server that meant to mirror the amazing player politics and social economy exhibited in EVE Online, just in Minecraft form + roleplay to maintain the realism. The concept for that server took a couple months to develop, but sadly the server never got very far. Sure we had players, but we never saw it really reach the dynamics we were hoping.
So about a month ago we gave in, and one of our members offered to buy us a server from multiplay. Previously, the server had been hosted on one of the staff's laptop. It worked well, but ultimately proved problematic for his ability to sleep at night.
Now we have a very prosperous pure vanilla server with endless possibilities for the players, but still enough civility so it isn't outright chaos. There are very few incidents with thievery and griefing, and those who are doing so are caught relatively quickly and are banned. The server is up 24/7, hosted by multiplay.co.uk. It is located in London to assure the best connection for all of the community. Don't worry though, I live in Northern Ontario (well into Canada) and I honestly get so little lag it feels like singleplayer survival. It's great. The community is a rather intelligent one, and while most of the community's staff do not have OP on the SMP server, they will always be more than happy to help you out should you need help.
Use of any command to see a list of players online is currently restricted to OPs.
Oh and don't worry, we frequently back up the server.
1. This is NOT like SMP RP. You cannot simply claim a mountain. Your property is whatever you have built and it's immediate surroundings. You will not "own" a mountain until you have built an epic wall around it and it's all fortified and stuff.
2. Please respect other players' property and do not build on it without their permission first.
3. Don't touch other players' property (creations, mines, chests) without permission from them first.
4. You are allowed to RP, just don't impose your RP on other players.
5. PvP is enabled, but work together with other players! If you don't like what they are doing, pack up and leave the area!
6. If there is a sign, read it!
7. If a player dies, be kind and guard his/her stuff to pick up instead of taking it. That's not a RULE rule, but a request for friendliness.
8. Don't venture out extremely far to build your stuff. This is unnecessary resource hogging for the server.
9. PvPing - You may attack other players without worry within PvP arenas. PvP arenas are clearly-marked arenas built by the server administration, usually with a design to encourage a certain type of PvP, although no specific mode of play is enforced. PvP arenas have a clear signs on them stating what they are. Outside PvP arenas, you may only engage in PvP if all of the involved players agree to fight, or if you are using self-defense against a player who is breaking the rules of PvP. Anything PvP on grounds other than what has been specified is considered to be breaking the rules and will result in being banned.
- Putting up a sign to designate something as your property and/or name it is encouraged.
- Don't be afraid to work with other players! Co-operation is the name of the game! Towns are welcomed.
- Don't be afraid to start a business! Other players would be happy to pay you whatever to guard their place from mobs at night, or buy food from your food stand, etc.
- Express yourself. If you want to build an epic castle to show off your wealth, build it. If you want to call yourself Duke of Epic Castle, call yourself Duke of Epic Castle. Ex-Sandbox players know what kind of attitude I'm talking about here.
Still interested? Head over to http://cheetocommunity.xsjefkex.com and hit up the forum and create an account. Once you've created an account, this is the board you want: http://cheetocommunity.xsjefkex.com/...php?board=94.0
You will find the IPs for the Minecraft and Mumble server on the sidebar.
Do not apply for a whitelist if you have trouble following rules. We want legitimate and honest players who contribute to the quality of the Minecraft side of our community. And if you're one of those people that likes to grief, have some heart and go play on a classic server or something.