1. Post #161
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    10,054 Posts
    Modern cars are so ugly. Stop making environmental friendly cars. Global warming is does not exist. It is just the earth isn't in a stable orbit.

Edited:

Look at this fuel drinking car like this.
    Buick Skylar.

You should shut up, you said yourself that you are 12 years old:

tomatmann posted:
    Bor I Ostenfold og er 12 år .)
    "I live in 'Ostenfold' (dumb misspelling of Østfold) and are 12 years old"

http://www.facepunch.com/group.php?d...7&pp=30&page=2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Zing Zing x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #162
    October 2009
    5,144 Posts
    I agree that global warming is BS, just because i dont really care if the worlds going to end, its fucked already. We might as well have fun with our muscle cars in the mean time.

Edited:

The one thing I liked about older cars is that they incorperated the headlights into the grill, or has 1 complete grill. I find that having them seprate from the grill (off to the side) looks too bland and generic.

Kind of bad example.

I own both of these cars :)

Compared to something like this.

Just my personal preference though.
    MFW i noticed my friends dad's drag racer has cardboard headlights

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    9,264 Posts
    I'm currently driving a 1966 Ford Galaxie 500. It has a 390 V8 Bigblock and it is one sexy fucking car. It's a bit beat up looking because my dad is still working on it, but it runs great. The only thing that sucks is gas mileage.

It looks a lot like this one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #164
    August 2008
    891 Posts
    http://www.comparecontracthire.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/scirocco.jpg

qui, no?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #165
    March 2009
    311 Posts
    aaaah, volkswagen scirocco.

European cars beat american cars at every point.
    Who rates boxes doesn't know shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Belgium Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #166
    March 2008
    10,054 Posts
    European cars beat american cars at every point.
    not looks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #167
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,019 Posts
    "The volkswagen scirocco for those who like their arms."
    Great episode of top gear.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

8. Post #168
    March 2009
    311 Posts
    not looks
    meh, true for some cars :p For the classic muscle cars, yes, for the new cars, no.

Think about audi, bmw, aston martin, ferrari, lamborghini,..

9. Post #169
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,954 Posts
    not looks
    uhm look at every euro ford that was sold to the us market, they all look worse than their euro counterparts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #170
    March 2008
    10,054 Posts
    uhm look at every euro ford that was sold to the us market, they all look worse than their euro counterparts
    that's just ford

11. Post #171
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,954 Posts
    that's just ford
    so? the point is still valid

12. Post #172
    March 2008
    10,054 Posts
    so? the point is still valid
    One single brand makes every old european car look better than any old american car?
    I don't think so
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #173
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    736 Posts
    Oh boy, I love European bandwagoners. Especially the fact that they never have any proof to back up their claims (other than Top Gear, which is pathetic) and most of them are not even old enough to drive. Those that do drive have a <200hp, 10 year old Euro trash box.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

14. Post #174
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,954 Posts
    Oh boy, I love European bandwagoners. Especially the fact that they never have any proof to back up their claims (other than Top Gear, which is pathetic) and most of them are not even old enough to drive. Those that do drive have a <200hp, 10 year old Euro trash box.
    huh?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #175
    March 2009
    311 Posts
    That doesn't make any sense. If it's about the quality, there is enough proof that american cars aren't as good as european. Looks are just opinions. And what car you drive doesn't have anything to do with what you know.

random example.

this is a corvette.
    leaf springs.
    Europeans use leaf springs under old school trucks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Belgium Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

16. Post #176
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,355 Posts
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12

You just can't find beauty like this in today's cars. It's sad.
    My grandfather started restoring a Delorean about 8 years ago but parts were hard to come by and he never finished it, he had to auction it off as the parts he needed were going to set him back for decades. Decades which he doesn't have :frown:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

17. Post #177
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,948 Posts
    That doesn't make any sense. If it's about the quality, there is enough proof that american cars aren't as good as european. Looks are just opinions. And what car you drive doesn't have anything to do with what you know.

random example.

this is a corvette.
    leaf springs.
    kinda looks like a really thick sway bar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #178
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,954 Posts
    this one better?

19. Post #179
    Bus Driver
    December 2009
    8,340 Posts

random example.

this is a corvette.
    leaf springs.
    I'm sure you've already read this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corvette_leaf_spring
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

20. Post #180
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    736 Posts

random example.

this is a corvette.
    leaf springs.
    You say there is proof, yet you provide none.

It's also absolutely dreadful when a car manufacturer uses something simple, reliable, and works. What the Corvette really needs is an extremely uneccessary completely electronic adjustable-adaptable electromagnetic suspension with 500 sensors. Also if any of these sensors malfunctions (which they will), it will cause the entire system to malfunction. To repair this malfunction would also cost $10,000, just because we can.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #181
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,948 Posts
    my car has crank windows, cable release hatch, manual locks, a simple stereo, and maybe 5 vacuum lines in the engine bay.

my friends gti has power windows, power locks, power gas door, power hatch release, power sunroof, can roll up his windows and close his sunroof with his key in the door, ecu controlled boost, and like 40 vacuum lines.

Mine might have less creature comforts, but he has tons of superfluous things that could go wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #182

random example.

this is a corvette.
    leaf springs.
    The Corvette leaf spring is a significantly different concept from other leaf springs - it's not the same at all.

23. Post #183
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,158 Posts

Look at this man so sick. To bad my dad totaled his. The gearshift fucked up his leg.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #184
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,354 Posts

Look at this man so sick. To bad my dad totaled his. The gearshift fucked up his leg.
    there's a stuffed monkey in the back window

Edited:

at least, I think it's a monkey
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #185
    February 2005
    879 Posts
    It's a dog.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #186
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    5,730 Posts
    Sorry bro but you sound like a complete douche.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

27. Post #187
    March 2009
    311 Posts

It's also absolutely dreadful when a car manufacturer uses something simple, reliable, and works. What the Corvette really needs is an extremely uneccessary completely electronic adjustable-adaptable electromagnetic suspension with 500 sensors. Also if any of these sensors malfunctions (which they will), it will cause the entire system to malfunction. To repair this malfunction would also cost $10,000, just because we can.

Hmm that's true. What it does proof is that americans keep it more to basics. All those sensors and electromagnetic adjustable stuff, can make a car more reliable on the road, and make it stick to the road, but yes they have a bigger chance of breaking down...but these days it's very reliable :) Malfunction of electromagnetic suspension isn't something u see everyday in a garage..

Don't tell me leaf springs give the same reliability.

Let's say it this way: american cars are good as long as there aren't too much corners
    American cars are more basic, in looks and in technique.

28. Post #188
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,692 Posts
    you're talking about reliabilty, where you're wrong again and then you use that reliability argument to say that american cars can't take corners?

what are you doing and how many american cars have you tried to take around corners because they work just fine for me.

29. Post #189
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,913 Posts

This is kind of retarded though. Simply because; not running leaf springs =/= running "extremely uneccessary completely electronic adjustable-adaptable electromagnetic suspension with 500 sensors"

I am fully aware of the fact that the corvette doesn't have regular 30s leaf springs, but since they've been using coil springs in the front since the C1, I don't understand why they just don't use them in the rear as well.

30. Post #190
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,954 Posts
    please guys this is for asthetic design not mechanical design!

Edited:

you're talking about reliabilty, where you're wrong again and then you use that reliability argument to say that american cars can't take corners?

what are you doing and how many american cars have you tried to take around corners because they work just fine for me.
    I think he has watched too much top gear!

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #191
    October 2010
    11,583 Posts

Is this what you call a De Tomaso?

32. Post #192
    October 2009
    5,144 Posts
    i wanna pose off of hell strike and buy a GTO body and make a sexy merican muscle car

Edited:

but my knowledge of cars/ my dads knowledge of cars/ our lack of garage means i really will just buy some PoS car :c

33. Post #193
    March 2009
    311 Posts
    please guys this is for asthetic design not mechanical design!

Edited:

Edited:

idiot.
    Taking good corners is a part of good reliability. Everyone knows americans haven't invented shit for their cars, all things are taken from european cars. American cars are behind on europeans now, and they always will be. Enough articles on the internet to proof that, but i won't bother taking my time to proof that cause it seems it doesn't really matter on a forum with people who all love american cars.

:D :D (sorry, missed some smileys in this reply)

O yeah, don't know what you're job is, but try to work on both american and european cars. If you have any clue how cars work, you'll notice the difference on many levels.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Belgium Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

34. Post #194
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    5,730 Posts
    idiot.
    Taking good corners is a part of good reliability. Everyone knows americans haven't invented shit for their cars, all things are taken from european cars. American cars are behind on europeans now, and they always will be. Enough articles on the internet to proof that, but i won't bother taking my time to proof that cause it seems it doesn't really matter on a forum with people who all love american cars.

O yeah, don't know what you're job is, but try to work on both american and european cars. If you have any clue how cars work, you'll notice the difference on many levels.
    Hi there,

Shut up.

Yours sincerely,
    Tu154M
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #195
    March 2009
    311 Posts
    O just this one, cause it's funny.

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/H...a_European_car

(can be taken unserious at some points)

oh, Tu154M, yes that really shows how much u know about it, big ups.

36. Post #196
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    5,730 Posts
    im sry ur vry clever ur rite actully.

37. Post #197
    May 2010
    3,734 Posts
    idiot.

You're an idiot. I mean seriously, you haven't even driven an American car, you've just watched too much Top Gear. To me it seems like you just wanna start up a shitstorm, get out.

Edited:

:frog:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #198
    March 2009
    311 Posts
    You're an idiot. I mean seriously, you haven't even driven an American car, you've just watched too much Top Gear. To me it seems like you just wanna start up a shitstorm, get out.

Edited:

:frog:
    :') Sure.

Why isn't anybody giving arguments about why i'm wrong but only making this a childish topic by flaming me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Belgium Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #199
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,948 Posts
    because it's like arguing over how apples shouldn't be blue. they're not, so what the fuck is there to argue about?

you'd probably piss yourself if you got into a supercharged mustang cobra.

maybe one of the reasons american cars don't have amazing handling is because most dont need it? America is big, with mostly straight roads. most of europe is insanely thin two lane roads and switchbacks*.

it doesn't even fucking matter. who cares what handles better, thats not what everyone wants

* i dont even care if thats right, if you can make wild assumptions, so can i
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #200
    March 2009
    311 Posts
    because it's like arguing over how apples shouldn't be blue. they're not, so what the fuck is there to argue about?

you'd probably piss yourself if you got into a supercharged mustang cobra.

maybe one of the reasons american cars don't have amazing handling is because most dont need it? America is big, with mostly straight roads. most of europe is insanely thin two lane roads and switchbacks*.

it doesn't even fucking matter. who cares what handles better, thats not what everyone wants

* i dont even care if thats right, if you can make wild assumptions, so can i
    I didn't say it matters, i didn't start the rage about what i said.
    And no i wouldn't piss myself, i've been in faster cars then a mustang cobra.
    Doesn't matter, you guys think im a 15 year old who has never touched or driven a car, hold that thought.