1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,688 Posts
    New Beastie Boys album is released in April.

New Rush album, not sure if it will be released this year as it isn't finished yet. :sigh:

A track called Caravan from the album.

Also I hear Yes' new album is in the works, can't wait for that.

And lastly, Paul Simon out of Simon & Garfunkel is releasing a new album and apparantly he thinks it's his best in 20 years. :iia:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Dennab
    January 2011
    1,205 Posts
    New album (2010–Present)

On November 17, 2010, Dave Mustaine has officially announced in the Megadeth Cyber Army Chat Room that Megadeth will soon be recording their 13th album in Vic's Garage (Megadeth's Studio). Dave Mustaine said these words about the new upcoming album; "So, right now I have Ken Eisennagel, you may remember him from the last two records doing engineering for all of the pre-production phases of Megadeth records? Well, he is here [Megadeth’s studio - Vic's Garage] going over all of the new Megadeth stuff that I am working on… believe it or not we have five songs almost finished for the new Megs record already!" The album name and release date is still to be announced. On December 18, 2010, it was announced that Megadeth and Slayer will join forces once again for European Carnage Tour in March and April 2011. Megadeth is also confirmed for fourth annual of Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival in July and August 2011. On January 25, 2011, another Big 4 show was announced, this time in the USA. The gig will take place on April 23, 2011 in Indio, CA at the Empire Polo Club. This is the only scheduled stop in the USA for now, this will also be the first time all of the Big 4 members play on the same stage in the USA. On January 31, Dave Mustaine posted the following on his Twitter: "In the studio today working on guitar parts! Love you all. DSM", suggesting that the recording process for the follow-up to Endgame has begun.

The band will also be touring with Disturbed and Godsmack for the 4th annual Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival.
    >My face
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    uhh what else except bjork
    a collaboration was announced, here's the person doing it:

yep, that and bjork
    fun times to be had
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,688 Posts
    Kanye West and Jay-Z are collaborating this year on an album too, should be awesome. It's called Watch The Throne.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 11Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Dennab
    January 2011
    1,205 Posts
    Kanye West and Jay-Z are collaberating this year on an album too, should be awesome. It's called Watch The Throne.
    That's like mixing lasagne and brussel sprouts in a blender and drinking it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    Leh JANI!

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,688 Posts
    That's like mixing lasagne and brussel sprouts in a blender and drinking it.
    I dunno why but I like brussel sprouts more than I thought I did. :3:

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    17,396 Posts
    Opeth are currently recording a new album (they only started it on 31st January), so that should be pretty badass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

9. Post #9
    Dennab
    October 2009
    2,552 Posts
    Taking Back Sunday's new record i'm looking forward to, also the fuckin cd version of Radiohead's new shit

10. Post #10
    I sell weed to elementary school students
    February 2009
    11,704 Posts
    Monomate's Hazy Days EP and Negative Emotions/Positive Outlook album
    Bubblegum Octopus' Bad Happy album
    Ornithologist album
    The Sawtooth Grin album
    I Shot The Duck Hunt Dog album
    Big Chocolate HiLion EP
    The Algorithm album
    iwrestledabearonce album
    Disfiguring The Godess album

all i can think of right now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    2,036 Posts
    New Yes album
    New Dream Theater album
    New Rush album
    First album by the Mike Portnoy/Neal Morse/Steve Morse/Dave LaRue/Casey McPherson
    New Steven Wilson album
    First Steven Wilson/Mikael Akerfeldt duo album (Storm Corrosion)
    New Opeth album
    New Protest The Hero album
    New Neal Morse album (Testimony 2)
    New Andromeda album
    New Blackfield album

Yeah, it's a good year for music
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,925 Posts
    New Foo Fighters album
    New Rise Against album
    New Steven Wilson album
    New Karnivool album (!)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    October 2010
    834 Posts
    Electric Six's next album, which I heard is going to be called "Man vs. Internet".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Israel Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,052 Posts

yes please
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    DYRUS BONER
    June 2010
    4,383 Posts
    Electric Six's next album, which I heard is going to be called "Man vs. Internet".
    WAT.
    New Electric Six album?
    My body may not be ready.

16. Post #16
    December 2009
    4,864 Posts
    New Yes album
    New Dream Theater album
    New Rush album
    First album by the Mike Portnoy/Neal Morse/Steve Morse/Dave LaRue/Casey McPherson
    New Steven Wilson album
    First Steven Wilson/Mikael Akerfeldt duo album (Storm Corrosion)
    New Opeth album
    New Protest The Hero album
    New Neal Morse album (Testimony 2)
    New Andromeda album
    New Blackfield album

Yeah, it's a good year for music
    This +BTBAM

AND FUCKING GHOST AND DECONSTRUCTION :pcgaming:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    17,882 Posts
    Mastodon's new album.
    Protest The Hero - Scurrilous
    TesseracT's new album.
    Periphery's new EP.
    Animal's as Leaders' new album.

And a lot more I don't know from the top of my head.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,688 Posts
    Apparantly DJ Shadow is working on his new album too. Should be a great year.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    August 2010
    2,632 Posts
    Tesseract 22 march
    Protest the Hero sometime soon
    The Human Abstract 3rd march (?)
    Periphery sometime soon
    The Dangerous Summer sometime this year

20. Post #20
    July 2009
    2,119 Posts
    Instinct - As Blood Runs Black
    Stand Up and Fight - Turisas
    Ghost and Deconstruction - The Devin Townsend Project

There's plenty of others, but those are the ones that come immediately to mind.

21. Post #21
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    16,475 Posts
    Scale the Summit on March 1.
    Protest the Hero whenever that comes out.
    Devin Townsend's two new albums.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,758 Posts
    definitely the new Amon Tobin

holy shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,341 Posts
    New Opeth album
    Devin Towsend's Ghost and Deconstruction albums
    Mastodon's new album (If this is in the vein of Crack the Skye, I will jizz bucketloads everywhere. ANd I assume it'll be better too, since Crack The Skye was a complete change in sound and that was their first try. This should, logically, be better if they're more practised at that style )
    New TesseracT album
    New Rush album

there are more

This year seems godly for releases honestly :love:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    July 2009
    5,697 Posts
    The new Shiny Toy Guns album
    that's it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,491 Posts
    New Manchester Orchestra, from what I've heard from their studio diaries it's going to be pretty damn good

26. Post #26
    roar
    January 2008
    13,243 Posts
    I have enough of old stuff to listen to
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    ♩♪♫♬
    March 2009
    2,453 Posts
    The new Red Hot Chili Pepper album, I'll miss John Frusciante, but it's nice to have change.

Kiedis discussed the new album, the working title for which is Dr. Johnny Skinz's Disproportionately Rambunctious Polar Express Machine-head.[108]
    I would buy an album named "Dr. Johnny Skinz's Disproportionately Rambunctious Polar Express Machine-head".

Edited:

Maybe the new Coldplay album too, hoping it'll be a nice and refreshing album and not just the same stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,477 Posts
    New Justice album
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    June 2008
    788 Posts
    New Gorillaz Album - The Fall
    It was released Christmas Day to member's of some super speshul fan club but it's coming out April 10th for normal consumers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    April 2010
    7,639 Posts
    Carbon Beauty by Angelspit
    Krank by KMFDM
    WTF?! by KMFDM
    Undeveloped by OhGr
    In Solvent See(???) by Skinny Puppy

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,688 Posts
    New Gorillaz Album - The Fall
    It was released Christmas Day to member's of some super speshul fan club but it's coming out April 10th for normal consumers.
    What are you talking about? That album was released for free on their website.

It was pretty bad, not unlikeable though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    10,714 Posts
    Buckethead Plays Disney, been waiting for this album since I don't know how long
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    PHD IN SUCKING DICK
    June 2008
    7,026 Posts

The new Boris album.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,034 Posts
    Kanye West and Jay-Z are collaberating this year on an album too, should be awesome. It's called Watch The Throne.
    Hopefully Jay-Z performs better than he did on Kanye's latest. His bit in 'Monster' has no flow at all.

Also, I look forward to a Gorillaz album that isn't composed on an iPad. That's what I really want...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,688 Posts

The new Boris album.
    Boris... I forgot about that. Can't wait. :psyduck:

36. Post #36
    I sell weed to elementary school students
    February 2009
    11,704 Posts

The new Boris album.
    DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN
    dat artwork
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #37
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,341 Posts
    oh man that is awesome

38. Post #38
    Antichristian Heathen Icelandic Bastard
    June 2008
    5,694 Posts
    New mastodon album

that is all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Iceland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,688 Posts
    New mastodon album

that is all
    I don't reckon that album will be released this year, they haven't even wrote the songs plus recording can take anywhere from 5 to 12 months for them. :sigh:

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    6,626 Posts
    no one said NEW FOO FIGHTERS ALBUM? really?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)