1. Post #561
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,318 Posts

So I painted my cbr 600 white. It had been dropped in the past and the one side looked awful. Now it is fixed and looks sexy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Agree Agree x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #562
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,643 Posts
    sexy, although it'd probably look awesome with some white wheels too, or at least a pinstripe
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

3. Post #563
    RESIDENT ASBESTOS OBSESSIVE
    July 2008
    5,507 Posts
    I think he should paint the wheels blue or red to give the bike a complementary accent, will look badass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #564
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,271 Posts
    I think he should paint the wheels blue or red to give the bike a complementary accent, will look badass.
    I once saw a bike with fluorescent orange wheels, that's pretty cool too, although a bit 90's.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

5. Post #565
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    7,982 Posts

So I painted my cbr 600 white. It had been dropped in the past and the one side looked awful. Now it is fixed and looks sexy.
    awesome

do you have any fly by videos or vlogs?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #566
    July 2008
    5,507 Posts
    I'm trying to find a decent Derbi GPR 50, Aprilia RS 50 or Reiju RS1/RS2 for under 600. Tried Gumtree, Ebay etc but having trouble finding one not bashed around by some Chav. Anyone know of any reputable classifieds for bikes, eg a forum?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #567
    September 2011
    868 Posts
    My gsxr 400, thinking of painting in black with green monster decals and such.

Edited:

I'm trying to find a decent Derbi GPR 50, Aprilia RS 50 or Reiju RS1/RS2 for under 600. Tried Gumtree, Ebay etc but having trouble finding one not bashed around by some Chav. Anyone know of any reputable classifieds for bikes, eg a forum?
    Tried MCN?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

8. Post #568
    July 2008
    5,507 Posts
    Tried MCN?
    None in my area on MCN.

9. Post #569
    September 2011
    868 Posts
    None in my area on MCN.
    Ahh shame really your just gonna have to look hard and maybe travel a few extra miles to get a nice bike thats not been throttled to hell by a 16 year old. Also get a RS 50 the rest suck in comparison.

10. Post #570
    July 2008
    5,507 Posts
    Ahh shame really your just gonna have to look hard and maybe travel a few extra miles to get a nice bike thats not been throttled to hell by a 16 year old. Also get a RS 50 the rest suck in comparison.
    Most of the other bikes such as the RS2 and XR6 have the same engine as the RS 50, but the Derbi GPR6 does not. But apparently the GPR6 is superior.

Edited:

Also I'm 5ft 11, so I think the size of the bike will be an important factor.

11. Post #571
    March 2011
    140 Posts
    The moped race was yesterday, we scored the fifth place. That's okay for the first race I guess
    Me(on the right) and a friend of mine, who was the second driver, after the three hours:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

12. Post #572
    November 2010
    876 Posts
    here is my hand me down 2006 honda shadow 600 deluxe.

i have put 8k miles on it this year.
    made my motorcycle endorsement last spring. bike has 20k on it now.

i get around 55-60mpg us. usually 65-75mph trips.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #573
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,318 Posts
    I was thinking about doing at least the white stripe all around. But I had thought maybe of doing gold wheels and other parts of the bike the same color.

And no, I don't have any videos.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

14. Post #574
    Volkswagen and Cigar Aficionado
    October 2006
    2,849 Posts
    I'm selling my baby. I had a good run with my Suzuki Savage, but it's just too small for me.

Enter the 1977 Honda GL1000. Fuck yeah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #575
    ~gay boi~
    July 2010
    14,299 Posts
    Oh god I wish I knew this thread existed earlier.

Beautiful bikes everyone!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

16. Post #576
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,439 Posts
    Getting my motorcycle-license, FINALLY, after millions of delays, next week.

Aaaaand it's gonna be winter soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #577
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,643 Posts
    So ride in winter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #578
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,439 Posts
    I live in Finland.

Do you really want to go ride on that on a sportbike?

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

19. Post #579
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,318 Posts
    You just go so fast you'll cut through it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #580
    October 2006
    2,849 Posts
    Tire chains the size of Boston.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #581
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,271 Posts
    You just go so fast you'll cut through it.
    Tire chains the size of Boston.
    See, you're just being a sissy, there's plenty of options.

22. Post #582
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,643 Posts
    I remember talking to my coworker about how if I got a bike I'd ride it all year round and he was telling me I'd be crazy and that I wouldn't be able to get past the first chilly days. Since he used to ride a 500 or something back in his home country, I asked him what kinda gear he was wearing if he couldn't take the cold and he responded "none." Needless to say I didn't talk to him about motorcycles that much after that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

23. Post #583
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    779 Posts
    Knobby wheels on a street bike. It's been done before.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #584
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    779 Posts
    Changed the oil in my street bike this arvo and left off the bottom fairing panels.

If I was going to keep her for a while after I fix my other bike, I'll definitely turn it into a naked bike. I'd do it now if I didn't need to make a new headlight/gauge cluster mount or a small fairing for it. I hadn't thought of making a small fairing until just now, maybe I might look into that after I'm done with my other bike.

In 5 weeks from today, I'll be doing a long trip on my TT250 with a couple mates, one of those mate's dad and his mate (on bikes) and my parents as support in their Landcruiser. We're going to be riding ~300km on bitumen, then about ~400km along the interesting part of the Holland Track, taking a short cut up to a town and slabbing it ~400km home. Total, about 11-1200km.

In preparation I've upgraded the TT from 6v lighting to 12v,
    (My stator was the same as the one on the left, the right-hand one is 12v)

I'm making a new dash cluster to accommodate indicator and neutral lights, some accessory switches and a waterproof RAM Aquabox for my GPS. I'm also making a case-saver with sprocket cover and modifying the stock magneto/sprocket cover so I don't need to open up the magneto housing just to change the sprocket so I can take the stock 14 tooth for the track, but ride the slab with a 15 tooth.
    (You can kind of see the DIY case-saver in this pic)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

25. Post #585
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,891 Posts
    I personally like your black bike how it is, aesthetically. I'm not a big fan of naked bikes, it's done too often.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #586
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    779 Posts
    I personally like your black bike how it is, aesthetically. I'm not a big fan of naked bikes, it's done too often.
    It looks alright full fairing-ed, it's mainly just when it comes to working on/cleaning it that it becomes a hassle.

I'll probably just clean it up and sell it because it's only a 250 and here in Western Aus, we're still on an old licensing system where you get your bike license with an engine restriction of 250cc or less, then after a year you can go do your practical test again on a larger bike and get an open class license. Soon they'll be doing the same as most other states and having a power-to-weight restriction.

My next street bike I want to make into a street-tracker (variant on a flat-tracker), so I'll get a larger bike to do up, then I can use it to get my open-class license.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

27. Post #587
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,439 Posts
    Getting a gsx600f.

One link this, but in horrible mattegray (Might paint it, mattegray is a good first coat.)

Anyway, getting it this weekend, license probably next week. Gonna be sweet!

Edited:

Also has a full lazer exhaust system!

28. Post #588
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,318 Posts
    It's easy to paint a bike. I just painted mine white after fixing a lot of cracks and holes with bondo and fiberglass. Just take your time and don't rush it. If you do you'll get a result comparable to what you did to prepare.

29. Post #589
    October 2006
    2,849 Posts
    Alright, I have to change out the hydraulic seals on the front suspension when I get this bike. Fucking a'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #590
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,633 Posts
    I'll get some pictures some other time of them, too lazy to bother to get up and take the pictures and cant find any pictures of one that looks close enough to it, so have a video instead

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #591
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,439 Posts
    Oh my god... That sound is amazing! 2-strokes <3

Anyway. Got my GSX600F today!

Can't wait to take it for a test-ride tomorrow! Just around the neighbourhood tho, still a couple of days before i get my license

32. Post #592
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,271 Posts
    I'll get some pictures some other time of them, too lazy to bother to get up and take the pictures and cant find any pictures of one that looks close enough to it, so have a video instead

Oh god that's awesome, it isn't my dreambike (that's a Suzuki GT750 ) but damn it's close.

33. Post #593
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,633 Posts
    Oh god that's awesome, it isn't my dreambike (that's a Suzuki GT750 ) but damn it's close.
    the one around here is in almost the exact same condition to, runs perfectly, starts on the first kick, and generally is just very nice. Also have a DL1000, both my dads, but once I get my license I'll probably take over the yamaha
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #594
    March 2006
    64 Posts
    I just lost my license
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #595
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,439 Posts
    I just lost my license
    How?

36. Post #596
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    9,833 Posts
    By breaking some rules most likely
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

37. Post #597
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,271 Posts
    By braking some rules most likely
    No, probably by breaking them.

38. Post #598
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    9,833 Posts
    No, probably by breaking them.
    ...fuck :|
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #599
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    74 Posts

Honda Degree xl250

Goes like shit off a shovel.

Have done some work to it since that pic, fitted an HID headlight, cleaned up the engine inside and out, new fork out, reset the suspension stuff like that, fitting a new pipe at the moment.

Doing my bike tests at the moment, done my cbt, theory, mod1, now i'm doing my mod2, i failed the mod2 test first time round due to indicating at a roundabout too early which would have confused the fuck out of car drivers behind, which is understandable.

40. Post #600
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,643 Posts
    How long do knobby tires like that tend to last on the street? I'd definitely get a dual-sport and keep the knobby tires on if they lasted a good while.