1. Post #1161
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    780 Posts
    Hahah, how awesome is the place hey?
    Pretty damn sweet. It was fun just doing a circuit on the road. I noticed some people have been using it for a bit of drifting in one spot

Bald rear tyre + road pressures + sand = sliding all over the fucking place though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #1162
    January 2012
    592 Posts
    I don't know much about you dirt-bikers but all i have currently is a '98 KDX220 and and my dads old '96 KLX 650 that he passed down to me. Ill try to get pics, but my only camera is at a relatives place.

Edited:

And a CRF 150r that has a suicidal carburetor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #1163
    I just love taking a ride on the Trans-Borneo road on Sundays. Big bikers around. Saw one of those Can-Am Spyder Roadster traveling with a group of large CC Super Scooters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #1164
    My favorite NSA triggers are small pox cyber terror brown out
    November 2009
    7,436 Posts
    I just dug this little guy out of the shed

Fun little bastard, it goes around 30mph with a 160 pound person on it.

Im planning on putting this engine it it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #1165
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    780 Posts
    What an awesome start to the Easter long-weekend -_-

Also r4nk_, I still haven't put my other bike back together again. I pulled the carby out twice on Sunday and had at it with the air compressor 'cause I was out of carby cleaner, but the bike still wouldn't run without wide-open throttle and even then it was struggling to tick over.

I got some cleaner and I've given it a more thorough cleaning, but I reckon now I'm probably going to have a problem with the coasting enricher. I took it apart and the diaphragm expanded, so it was a bitch to get back together and I don't know if it's in properly anyway.

I'm going camping for the night tomorrow, but if all goes well I'll hopefully have it running in time for a ride on Monday if you're interested?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

6. Post #1166
    November 2007
    764 Posts
    Found a KE 100 for 300 dollars running and everything. I've been looking for a beataround trail bike. Should I get it?

I already have a ninja 250 so this would be another spot in the garage
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

7. Post #1167
    April 2011
    4 Posts
    I don't believe it has changed atall, the bike is slightly different to the car however this site helped me with mine: http://www.all4bikers.com/theory/

There is still the hazard perception after, but i didn't know that until about 10 mins before i went in fo the theory as i hadn't done one before! haha!
    Haha, thanks man. I failed it a few days ago unfortunately, only by a mere 3 marks, going in for it again soon. Hazard perception got me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #1168
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,453 Posts
    Guess what guys? My bike is STILL at the shop. I was supposed to drive it home today, but yet again it overheated. after wheeling it back to the shop for the FIFTH time, I checked out the coolant tank only to find out thre mechanic hasn't actually put anything back in it after draining it. So I was driving with an engine that wasnt being cooled at all, which resulted in a temp of 180 degrees centigrade and had the chance to wreck my new cilinder.

Even after filling the coolant i wasnt done with it, because the gasket/seal that keeps the coolant in was broken or torn meaning the coolant liquid was leaking from under the bike instead of being pumped around. how the hell can the mechanic miss two easy to spot problems, especially after working on it for the fifth time.

Also, is it true that an identical new cilinder results in a 25% decrease in top speed and acceleration until it's driven in?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

9. Post #1169
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,271 Posts
    Guess what guys? My bike is STILL at the shop. I was supposed to drive it home today, but yet again it overheated. after wheeling it back to the shop for the FIFTH time, I checked out the coolant tank only to find out thre mechanic hasn't actually put anything back in it after draining it. So I was driving with an engine that wasnt being cooled at all, which resulted in a temp of 180 degrees centigrade and had the chance to wreck my new cilinder.

Even after filling the coolant i wasnt done with it, because the gasket/seal that keeps the coolant in was broken or torn meaning the coolant liquid was leaking from under the bike instead of being pumped around. how the hell can the mechanic miss two easy to spot problems, especially after working on it for the fifth time.

Also, is it true that an identical new cilinder results in a 25% decrease in top speed and acceleration until it's driven in?
    Yes, mine did, it might take a week or so to get it somewhere in the normal region.
    You're not having any luck with that thing are you? :C
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

10. Post #1170
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,023 Posts
    What an awesome start to the Easter long-weekend -_-

Also r4nk_, I still haven't put my other bike back together again. I pulled the carby out twice on Sunday and had at it with the air compressor 'cause I was out of carby cleaner, but the bike still wouldn't run without wide-open throttle and even then it was struggling to tick over.

I got some cleaner and I've given it a more thorough cleaning, but I reckon now I'm probably going to have a problem with the coasting enricher. I took it apart and the diaphragm expanded, so it was a bitch to get back together and I don't know if it's in properly anyway.

I'm going camping for the night tomorrow, but if all goes well I'll hopefully have it running in time for a ride on Monday if you're interested?
    Damn dude, my gpx has the same style battle scar. Did you stationary drop it or low side?

I'm doing family stuff tomorrow (instead of sunday) for easter, so can't ride sorry man.

Edited:

Here's a bike picture from last weekend, to keep the thread rolling...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

11. Post #1171
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    780 Posts
    Damn dude, my gpx has the same style battle scar. Did you stationary drop it or low side?

I'm doing family stuff tomorrow (instead of sunday) for easter, so can't ride sorry man.
    Clipped the corner of the tray of a ute. It was low speed, but I could've broken/lost some fingers, the bar end is partially knocked out.

I still haven't got the TT running yet, It'll still only chug along slowly at full throttle. I'm gonna have to pull out the vibration cleaner, fill it full of turps and chuck in the carby, me thinks.

Next weekend maybe!

12. Post #1172
    January 2012
    592 Posts
    I have finally won a month long fight with my dirt bikes engine.
    After replacing the valve spacers and cleaning out the carburetor to the last bit of debris, it starts up first kick with no choke.

Success!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #1173
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,470 Posts
    Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck.

My bike won't start. I've got no idea why. I rode it 2 days ago with no problems, now it won't start at all.

Checking sparkplugs & recharging battery now.

And a possible buyer is supposed to come look at it / possibly pick it up today. Just my luck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

14. Post #1174
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    780 Posts
    Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck.

My bike won't start. I've got no idea why. I rode it 2 days ago with no problems, now it won't start at all.

Checking sparkplugs & recharging battery now.

And a possible buyer is supposed to come look at it / possibly pick it up today. Just my luck.
    What happens when you try to start it?

Does it turn over at all?
    Does it turn over but not start?
    Does it turn over and almost start?
    Does it turn over and start, but die soon after?

15. Post #1175
    I still have to choke my bike to start it. Also, man I suck at stopping at red lights. Is there any other way to keep the engine running without having to release the gear?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Malaysia Show Events

16. Post #1176
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,470 Posts
    No. Doesn't turn on. Not at all.

Well, the guy came to check the bike out and apparently he knew what was wrong with it. He had owned one in the past. Something to do with the carburators glogging up because the gas that had been there all winter mixed with the new gas. Or something.

He's probably gonna buy it anyway, if he can get a van / something to move it with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Zing Zing x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #1177
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,667 Posts
    That's why you drain your carbs eh?

Man, I really need to man up and either fix my bike myself or take it to a shop. Still haven't decided to take the head off (which will require me to fix timing once it's back together) or drop the engine.

18. Post #1178
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,667 Posts
    I still have to choke my bike to start it. Also, man I suck at stopping at red lights. Is there any other way to keep the engine running without having to release the gear?
    If it's a carb'd bike (don't you have a scooter?) you're always going to have to choke it. Even when it's 100 degrees F. It just varies how long you have to keep the choke going.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

19. Post #1179
    If it's a carb'd bike (don't you have a scooter?) you're always going to have to choke it. Even when it's 100 degrees F. It just varies how long you have to keep the choke going.
    It was fine when I first got it. It just started acting up when I replaced some parts in the bike.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events

20. Post #1180
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    4,081 Posts

I remember when we said the DNA was a good choice. I hope it gets fixed soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

21. Post #1181
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,904 Posts
    It was fine when I first got it. It just started acting up when I replaced some parts in the bike.
    can't you tune it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

22. Post #1182
    can't you tune it?
    I'll try that. Even my mechanic is scared to even touch the engine cause he says its too complex.

23. Post #1183
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,667 Posts
    I'd get a new mechanic if he's too afraid to work on an engine, especially one of this size. That's kind of their job.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #1184
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,470 Posts
    Well guess who just sold his bike! Woo!
    Woo..?
    Is it normal if i feel bad about the bike tho? They said they were going to make a stuntbike out of it.
    Rip off all the plastics, chop it... Ruin it. :( It was my first big bike, and a real nice bike in general.

It's... It's like selling a pet away for animal testing.

Edited:

Anyways, looking at a kawasaki ZXR400 as my next bike. Inline 4. Looks great, sounds neat, supposedly easy to maintain & fix.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

25. Post #1185
    November 2010
    916 Posts
    Woo..?
    Is it normal if i feel bad about the bike tho? They said they were going to make a stuntbike out of it.
    Rip off all the plastics, chop it... Ruin it. :( It was my first big bike, and a real nice bike in general.

Edited:

Anyways, looking at a kawasaki ZXR400 as my next bike. Inline v4. Looks great, sounds neat, supposedly easy to maintain & fix.

i approve, how little was that guy?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

26. Post #1186
    Woo..?

Edited:

Anyways, looking at a kawasaki ZXR400 as my next bike. Inline v4. Looks great, sounds neat, supposedly easy to maintain & fix.

Correction, inline 4. V4 is basically your normal V shaped 4 piston engine. The ZXR looks like a good bike, I'm not a fan of fat tailed sportsbike though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #1187
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,470 Posts
    I'm not a fan of fat tailed sportsbike though.
    I actually really like the tail. I think 90s sportsbikes have a lot more personality when it comes to looks.

Well, personal preferences. Whatever.

28. Post #1188
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,352 Posts
    here's my friends tzr, and his friends tzr in the background
    guess which one is older

29. Post #1189

September 2006
    48 Posts
    I'm guessing the one in the background is older. Personally not a fan of the blockier designs either.

Gah, still having problems with your bikes, Adam and Darkwolfe? Really hope they both will be running perfectly soon.

Oh, and guess who ordered a Kawasaki motard today? Only a 150cc engine since the price jump between it and anything 250cc and above in Malaysia is freaking nuts. My parents spending me USD8,000 for a KLX250 would have made me ride on a guilt-trip forever.

But hey, my very first bike! Can't wait for the week to pass!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #1190
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,352 Posts
    Front one is from the late 80's, background is early 90's

31. Post #1191
    March 2005
    21 Posts
    I figure, I might as well post my goodies at the moment.

2005 KTM 450 SMR

2009 KLX 250S with custom DNA Supermoto Rims

I will try to find other pictures of my other two, but for now. Enjoy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

32. Post #1192
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2005
    2,146 Posts
    Nice supermotards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

33. Post #1193
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,667 Posts
    god i want a supermoto

supermoto, streetfighters, supersports. i want one of each

34. Post #1194
    November 2010
    916 Posts
    Let wOrk tonight it was 35 deg. Just had a short trip now the long one to my house. Bike tired over a few times and the battery was dead. Luckily I was parked at the top of the lot and was able to push and. Last start the beast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

35. Post #1195
    god i want a supermoto

supermoto, streetfighters, supersports. i want one of each
    I feel you man. I want all of them too.

36. Post #1196
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,470 Posts
    Yup. Getting a ZXR400 on saturday. 400km trip there, and 400km back, in a toyota hiace

Here's a pic of it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

37. Post #1197
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,667 Posts
    sexy colors

what are over the handlebars? are those intake tubes?

38. Post #1198
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,470 Posts
    sexy colors

what are over the handlebars? are those intake tubes?
    Yup

39. Post #1199

July 2009
    255 Posts
    Oh boy, would I love to have myself an ZXR, preferably the 750. Not because of the greater power, but because of the round dual headlights.

I think I've developed a some kind of fetish to those with my NSR.

40. Post #1200
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,667 Posts
    they look badass but also like they'd get in the way occasionally.

edit: the intakes, not the dual headlights
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)