1. Post #641
    December 2008
    533 Posts
    Put a suzuki rm80 engine in it! Fits like a glove.

Or, if you plan to keep your license, don't.
    haha looks fun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

2. Post #642
    December 2009
    2,102 Posts
    Yeah, i rather drive slowly from place A to place B than lose my driver's license.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #643
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,664 Posts
    First class of MSF was tonight. Had a good amount of fun but also can't wait for the range tomorrow and Sunday.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

4. Post #644
    December 2009
    654 Posts
    After my Mustang is done, and I get a reliable DD, Im getting a bike.. Not sure of what yet, but.. I'll have something, someday.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #645
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,455 Posts
    Managed to drop my bike in the garage just 15 minutes ago :(

Was looking for the stand/whatever it is with my foot, whilst still sitting on the bike, and accidentally put it in first gear, bike jumped forward and fell on it's side. Got this nasty looking scratch. Thankfully i'm going to paint it like next week or so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

6. Post #646
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    477 Posts

just bought this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

7. Post #647
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    780 Posts

just bought this
    Just don't ride it wearing an MX helmet and goggles like all the little 16y.o. kids do here :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #648
    May 2011
    103 Posts
    On halloween night I'm going to ride on my sidecar bike with a big pumpkin instead of helmet. This is going to be scary!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events

9. Post #649
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    780 Posts
    In 9 hours from now, me and a mate will be setting off on a 1000km trip to do the Holland track.
    I'll be on my TT250, my mate will be on his DRz400e and we'll have two 'support vehicles' (my parents and my dad's mate wanted to do the track for a second time).

Another mate of mine was going to come, but he recently had to get his own bike after his dad sold the one he was going to use, but his 'new' bike ('85 XL350) isn't up to scratch because he's been busy with study :/

I'll hopefully get plenty of pictures and maybe even some video, but the forecast for the track is lots of mud, so I may not have time to stop
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #650
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    Lucky you; My parents won't even let me take my car to the track, let alone participate in it with me. Granted they both have trucks but still.

11. Post #651
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,664 Posts
    is it your car? are you paying for it?

fuck 'em

12. Post #652
    December 2008
    533 Posts
    In 9 hours from now, me and a mate will be setting off on a 1000km trip
    Thats gonna be some ride for those bikes! Hopefully they've got a massage place near the destination ;)
    haha def come back with flix!

edit:
    u bringing another set of knobs for the track with you or what?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

13. Post #653
    March 2011
    140 Posts
    I just bought a Sachs XTC 125
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

14. Post #654
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,271 Posts
    I just bought a Sachs XTC 125
    Did not even know Sachs still made anything motorcycle related but that's fucking awesome!

My Dad had a moped in 1969 that had a Sachs engine

Edited:

There it is:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

15. Post #655
    March 2011
    140 Posts
    Did not even know Sachs still made anything motorcycle related but that's fucking awesome!
    Actually, Sachs still produces motor- and bicycles by the name SFM Bikes, but those are made in China.
    My XTC, which is a 2001 model, was assembled in Germany, but most of the parts are from Italy anyway
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

16. Post #656
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,352 Posts
    ew 4 stroke
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

17. Post #657
    March 2011
    140 Posts
    ew 4 stroke
    It's a 2 stroker, the newer models are 4 strokers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

18. Post #658
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,664 Posts
    ew 4 stroke
    excuse me

19. Post #659
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,455 Posts
    excuse me
    He thought the XTC was a 4-stroke. All the ones i've seen around here are 4-strokes. I didn't even know they made a 125cc 2-stroke xtc, so my reaction at first was pretty much similar to his
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

20. Post #660
    Volkswagen and Cigar Aficionado
    October 2006
    2,849 Posts
    Holy shit bros, we're fixing to leave to get the GL1000. I'll post up some pictures when we get back, in about seven or eight hours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

21. Post #661
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,664 Posts
    He thought the XTC was a 4-stroke. All the ones i've seen around here are 4-strokes. I didn't even know they made a 125cc 2-stroke xtc, so my reaction at first was pretty much similar to his
    but he said "ew 4 stroke" implying 4 strokes are gross

that's not correct
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #662
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,352 Posts
    125cc 4-strokes are
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

23. Post #663
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,455 Posts
    but he said "ew 4 stroke" implying 4 strokes are gross

that's not correct
    125cc 4-strokes are
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #664
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,455 Posts
    Completely unrelated to anything:

I want one!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

25. Post #665
    December 2008
    533 Posts
    Completely unrelated to anything:
    I want one!
    this is equally as unrelated, but this "related" video is pretty rad. :P

Cop has no chance on a road like that hahaha
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

26. Post #666
    October 2006
    2,849 Posts

My new scoot. The guys could have easily sold it for $4000, but he wanted only half that. It still has the original "Service after 600 miles break in period" sticker, as well as the Owner's Manual, original tool kit, a neat little CB radio, and some other crap. The thing is freaking awesome, and in amazingly good shape for a 32 year old bike.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

27. Post #667
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,664 Posts

except the cop wasn't chasing the bike

that dude has a ton of videos of mulholland. i went through the whole playlist a week or two back, it's awesome.

28. Post #668
    October 2006
    2,849 Posts

that dude has a ton of videos of mulholland. i went through the whole playlist a week or two back, it's awesome.
    So many lowsides on that corner.

29. Post #669
    December 2008
    533 Posts

aw, they lead me on haha, well... There's a nice bike, so I guess that's cool. xD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

30. Post #670
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,455 Posts

Poor GSXR on the thumbnail. What have they done to you? :(

That rear tyre is gigantic!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #671
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    780 Posts
    Thats gonna be some ride for those bikes! Hopefully they've got a massage place near the destination ;)
    haha def come back with flix!

edit:
    u bringing another set of knobs for the track with you or what?
    I've done a 900km trip on my bike before, which I'm pretty sure I posted earlier in this thread (about June this year) and I was running the stock 14/50 gearing on the bike. This time I ran 15/50 on the road (~100km/h at about the same RPM I was doing 70km/h with the 14) and switched to the 14 tooth front sprocket when we got off-road.
    Both trips were done on the same set of MT21s (and both times my nuts nearly rattled loose).

We got back this afternoon, after trailer-ing the bikes back because my mate drowned his DRz400 in the last big puddle, 8km from the end of the track :/
    The charging system on my bike died ~150km from home, so I had no lights for most of the trip up. That, combined with the mud coating on my chain, the need to stop every 150km to get fuel, exhaustion and the boredom and pain of riding so far on the road is why I ended up putting my bike on the trailer too.

The plan is to head back next year and finish the bastard, with our other mate who couldn't make it.

Anyway, time for some pictures. More photos need to be scavenged from other camera's, along with some video, but these are some I took with my phone (when I had it) along with one of me my mate took (before he drowned his bike )

The bikes all horribly clean, about 50km from home. Only dirt we saw was the gravel track into camp.
    ~400km for the day.

A bit of mud after the second day, plus a couple injuries. I some how managed to bend the corner of the brand new license plate I'd only just replaced early last week and my mate hit a tree going around a corner, squished an indicator and gained some minor bruises and grazes. Not too bad, really.
    ~150km from camp to the start of the track. ~50km on the track for the cars, ~110km for the bikes because we got lost and had an extra 60km spurt in the wrong direction. We got to camp only 20 minutes after the cars did B)

Me early afternoon of the third day (I started to enjoy the mud puddles)

My bike at camp after the third day (photo taken morning of the 4th day)

My mate and his bike at camp after the third day and an unexpected swim :/
    The last 'puddle' was a big one. I was following behind and slowed down as I was coming up to it to make sure he got through. As I'd just about stopped I looked up to see my mate's feet 2' above his handle bars. The water was a bit deeper than he'd expected, but the problem was the step at the end of the rut (probably caused by a bogged 4WD that eventually got towed out) that stopped his bike instantly.
    He went over, twisted and fell with his feet to the left. "Oh shit..." I thought, then I saw his feet slide across to the right when he sunk into the knee-deep rut. "OH SHIT!" I kill my bike, kick down the stand and run to help. He'd ended up with his head completely under, managed to find which way was up, jumped up and out of the water, threw off his bag and helmet and jumped back in to try pick up the bike. I had just got to him and stepped in up to my knee and helped him get the bike up. He took off the airbox cover and water poured out. We pushed it out of the water and he started draining the carb while we waited for the rest of the convoy to arrive.

Got all the water out but the bike still wouldn't start, it was getting late so we loaded it up and slowly made our way to camp :/
    ~110km for the day (photo taken in the morning)

Bikes loaded up and looking sad on the 4th day (today) :(
    We just packed up and headed home, ~350km.

It was definitely an adventure and great fun, despite the dead bike. But we will be back and we will all make it to the end, all on our bikes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

32. Post #672
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    780 Posts
    She almost looks like a new bike now!

Well...except for all the broken parts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #673
    October 2006
    2,849 Posts
    I just took my girlfriend out on my GL. It was her first time ever on a bike and she did awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #674
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,347 Posts
    The first time I took my girlfriend out on my CBR she held me so tight I could barely breath. All I was doing was hastily accelerating onto a busy road.

Edited:

Which made me upset because I could have just easily taken it slowly and have us get killed. I don't know what she's complaining about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

35. Post #675
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    780 Posts
    Got some more photos.

(Click to enlarge)

My mate:

Me:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

36. Post #676
    October 2006
    2,849 Posts
    The first time I took my girlfriend out on my CBR she held me so tight I could barely breath. All I was doing was hastily accelerating onto a busy road.

Edited:

Which made me upset because I could have just easily taken it slowly and have us get killed. I don't know what she's complaining about.
    I kind of gunned it leaving a stop light. She was laughing her ass off behind me and I asked if she was okay. Her response? "DO IT AGAIN, BUT FASTER THIS TIME."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #677
    December 2008
    533 Posts
    Got some more photos.
    Man, that looks fun, would rip those trails up!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #678
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    9,990 Posts
    That trail is one of the reasons I want to be australian
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #679
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    780 Posts
    The John Holland Track is amazing. 300km with so much diversity.
    Within the space of a kilometre you can go from hard-packed dirt, to gravel, to mud, a bit of sand and back to mud. There's the long straight, fast sections and there's the slower, tight and twisty sections.
    As you can see in the photos too, the vegetation can go from short shrubs to tall sclerophyll forests.

I think we averaged about 70kph and up to about 100kph in the open sections.
    The section in the first picture in my last post was just a case of lean back and pin it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

40. Post #680
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    780 Posts
    Went to the local bike show today.
    Parked up next to this old R80(?). There's no doubt it's done the Dakar and been everywhere else:

Went in and had a look at all the shiny new bikes. Even sat on a few, like a KTM 990 ADV, BMW S1000RR, R1200GS, Yamaha 1200 Super Tenere, 660 Tenere, Triumph Daytona and this Scrambler:

There was a display from the vinduro club (vintage enduros - TT500s, CR500s, etc.) and this TDR nearby:

There was also this custom bike (an old 350 Honda IIRC) that was a cheap accidental winning Ebay bid. The owner posted on the local street bike forum about what he should do with it and basically ended up taking all suggestions and criticisms posted and worked them into the bike.

I love the street track-ish look and how tidy the bars are.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)