1. Post #761
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,648 Posts
    oh god there's an eclipse down the street with that style paint

however, I did see an NA Miata with one too and it didn't look half bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

2. Post #762
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,352 Posts
    my friend won "motot.net prettiest scooter" 07 or something with his ovetto/neos

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

3. Post #763
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,648 Posts
    doesn't look too bad

but it's still a scooter
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

4. Post #764
    May 2011
    876 Posts
    Can I roll with you guys

edit: seat was temporary, have a new one which matches colours of the scooter =D
    I can't even win a local with this :l
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #765
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,440 Posts
    I'd take the maiden vespa over the rice-yamaha any day
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #766
    I'm thinking about getting myself a Vespa. I would love a GTS 300 but my license does not allow motorcycles over 250CC.

A GTS 250 maybe?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events

7. Post #767
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,648 Posts
    why not just get a 250 sportbike? are they too expensive?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

8. Post #768
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,352 Posts
    if i had to choose on a 250cc bike i'd get a supermoto
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

9. Post #769
    The only sportbike thats in my budget is a used Kawasaki Ninja or Yamaha TZM. Good motorbike dealers here are hard to come by. But I'm not actually interested in any sportbike or supermotos anyway.

But I think I'll just wait, my license wont come until some time next year anyway.

10. Post #770
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    4,055 Posts
    The only sportbike thats in my budget is a used Kawasaki Ninja or Yamaha TZM. Good motorbike dealers here are hard to come by. But I'm not actually interested in any sportbike or supermotos anyway.

But I think I'll just wait, my license wont come until some time next year anyway.
    Go for a Ninja. I keep on hearing that they are fantastic, no matter the age and the displacement. Especially the 250s, they are great starter bikes, as well as just being plain fantastic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #771
    February 2008
    1,388 Posts
    I think I'm going to get a job and work my ass off so I can buy one of these

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #772
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    779 Posts
    Explorin'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #773
    I'm working now to get this baby, 1000 miles across the sea to my place. Hope it wont cost too much.
    And if I have extra money when I get it, should I hire an artist to do some cool art on it?

Should I paint it dark cream do this on those back engine covers. For a really artsy look.

Or just do 3 stripes for a sporty look.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #774
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    Racing stripes and sporty look

moped
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

15. Post #775
    Racing stripes and sporty look

moped
    Race stripes are not uncommon on vespas but I'm not making stripes but instead 3 different straights like the Italian flag.

16. Post #776
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    779 Posts
    Some fucking prick stole my bike sometime between midnight and 10AM this morning. I'm a fucking idiot for leaving it parked out on the street and not even chaining it up with the big fuck-off chain and padlock I keep on the bike for that pure reason.

I put so much fucking time, effort and money into that bike. I loved riding it so much. Sure, it wasn't the fastest, nor the smoothest, nor did the brakes particularly inspire confidence when stopping in a hurry, but it would take me where ever I wanted to go, on road or off.
    I loved that bike so fucking much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 14Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #777
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    Try and get it back? I don't know about you but I'd search the far ends of the earth if my vehicle was ever stolen right from my street.

18. Post #778
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    779 Posts
    It was from out the front of a friends place that I was staying at.
    I've reported it to police, posted shit loads of photos on facebook which friends have then shared to their friends, posted on local bike forums, a local crime/theft facebook page, gumtree, etc. I've gone around the area on my other bike having a look down streets, in bushland and ditches.

One thing that really pisses me off is that in the tool box I had a small ratchet spanner that was my grandfathers. My mum has tools and whole tool boxes of tools that belonged to her dad, grandfathers and great grandfathers. I can replace the bike and set it up how I want it again, but I can't replace that little ratchet.

I know it's just a small ratchet and we've got other heirlooms, but I still feel really pissed off about it :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

19. Post #779
    It was from out the front of a friends place that I was staying at.
    I've reported it to police, posted shit loads of photos on facebook which friends have then shared to their friends, posted on local bike forums, a local crime/theft facebook page, gumtree, etc. I've gone around the area on my other bike having a look down streets, in bushland and ditches.

One thing that really pisses me off is that in the tool box I had a small ratchet spanner that was my grandfathers. My mum has tools and whole tool boxes of tools that belonged to her dad, grandfathers and great grandfathers. I can replace the bike and set it up how I want it again, but I can't replace that little ratchet.

I know it's just a small ratchet and we've got other heirlooms, but I still feel really pissed off about it :(
    I hope things go well for you. Talking about stolen bikes, vespas are somehow theft's no.1 target here. Maybe I should consider getting a GPS tracker.

I saw this in the magazine today,
    Stormtroope bike leathers http://www.geekalerts.com/stormtroop...torcycle-suit/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #780
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,648 Posts
    Well, found out why my GS500 blew oil everywhere. There's gas in the oil, which probably means I'm gonna have to fix a float in the carbs. Considering I've never touched a carb before and don't know anyone who has experience with them, this is gonna be fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

21. Post #781
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    I'm not sure how carbs on bikes compare to carbs on cars, but i redid the carb in my Chevy K10 and it wasn't really hard, it just had tons of really small parts, floats, screws, springs and other stuff. Just take your time, find a nice instruction guide if you can, and it shouldn't be too big of a deal. Keep track of all your shit, too. Previous owner left out one little spring and it crippled my whole engine, which is why i rebuilt it in the first place. (i fixed it, btw)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #782
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,271 Posts
    I can dismantle and reconstruct my carb in +- half an hour.

Edited:

Usually less
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

23. Post #783
    I've gotten myself into a mess contacting 5 different companies to help me get that vespa across.

And I haven't settled the vespa yet, I think I'll just ship it first and settle the rest later on.

24. Post #784
    May 2011
    876 Posts
    I'm working now to get this baby, 1000 miles across the sea to my place. Hope it wont cost too much.
    And if I have extra money when I get it, should I hire an artist to do some cool art on it?

Should I paint it dark cream do this on those back engine covers. For a really artsy look.

Or just do 3 stripes for a sporty look.
    Thats a beautiful bike but don't do artwork on those vintages, I would paint it the original colour.
    If you wanna get something airbrushed get a px theres tonnes of them about

oh and the reason vespas are no.1 for theifs is because you can break the steering lock real easy and start them with a hairclip!
    I remember starting my dads LML using a bobby pin

oh and just out of curiosity..... I heard masturbation and blowjobs were illegal in Malaysia?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

25. Post #785
    Thats a beautiful bike but don't do artwork on those vintages, I would paint it the original colour.
    If you wanna get something airbrushed get a px theres tonnes of them about
    I've thought about that too, I guess I'll just get that painted on my helmet.

oh and the reason vespas are no.1 for theifs is because you can break the steering lock real easy and start them with a hairclip!
    I remember starting my dads LML using a bobby pin
    Damn, I really need to get those GPS trackers then.
    oh and just out of curiosity..... I heard masturbation and blowjobs were illegal in Malaysia?
    I have no Idea about that, but I'm sure its legal here.
    But in Indonesia you get circumcised if you masturbate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #786
    Dennab
    July 2007
    181 Posts
    Some fucking prick stole my bike sometime between midnight and 10AM this morning. I'm a fucking idiot for leaving it parked out on the street and not even chaining it up with the big fuck-off chain and padlock I keep on the bike for that pure reason.

I put so much fucking time, effort and money into that bike. I loved riding it so much. Sure, it wasn't the fastest, nor the smoothest, nor did the brakes particularly inspire confidence when stopping in a hurry, but it would take me where ever I wanted to go, on road or off.
    I loved that bike so fucking much.
    Thats a fucking shame, if it was my bike i would do my best to track it, and beat that fucker.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #787
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,951 Posts
    Speaking of gear, my new jacket arrived 2 days ago!

Was 35% off, got it for cheap.

And unrelated to anything, this video is mindblowing

My dad was at the 2011 TT and is heading back again next year. Caught the bug. I'll probably join him at the 2013 TT.

One guy died in 2011 but they gloss over it, don't announce a thing. The best you get is 'there's been a bad crash' and then you've got to rely on word of mouth. Apparently this guy came off and hit a tree, was practically in two pieces. Still, the TT is arguably one of the purest forms of superbike racing and there's nothing else like it.

Have another entertaining video for your delectation:
    Skip to a minute in.

Also Guy Martin talking you through his 2007 lap:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

28. Post #788
    ~Tital~
    July 2009
    1,194 Posts
    Getting my first bike soon! Well one I can drive on the road at least.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

29. Post #789
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,440 Posts
    Note to self: Riding a pitbike in the snow is very masochistic.

Edited:

Getting my first bike soon! Well one I can drive on the road at least.
    What kind of bike?

30. Post #790
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,032 Posts
    I really like the look of the Yamaha FZ8

I really just love the look of naked bikes in general actually...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #791
    I really like the look of the Yamaha FZ8

I really just love the look of naked bikes in general actually...
    These bikes are awesome, maybe I'll get one once I acquire a full motorbike license.

When I'm 21.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #792

July 2009
    255 Posts
    Honda CB1000R would be my chosen one if I had to pick one

Especially in those colours, nnnngh

Edited:

Or maybe a Suzuki GSR750A

33. Post #793
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,648 Posts
    I personally love the Z1000:

looks so damn mean
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #794
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,440 Posts
    My absolute dream nude bike would be a ducati streetfighter.

Jesus it's sexy.

Runner up:

Edited:

I personally love the Z1000: looks so damn mean
    The front light looks somewhat bulky, but other than that i agree. Tho it looks twice as badass in kawasaki green.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #795
    March 2011
    639 Posts
    Unfortunately no sound, but he broke his collarbone and destroyed the bike, his rally is over.

36. Post #796
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    1,131 Posts
    I think I'm going to get a job and work my ass off so I can buy one of these
    [IMG]http://upcominggadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Harley-Davidson-IRON-883-Motorcycle-2012.jpg[/IMG]
    Forever late, but: yyyuuuussss I love that bike, wish I had one myself.

37. Post #797
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,032 Posts
    Sadly, here in America our choices of nakeds are pretty limited. The only one of those nakeds posted we get is the Street Triple lol.

38. Post #798
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,648 Posts
    Sadly, here in America our choices of nakeds are pretty limited. The only one of those nakeds posted we get is the Street Triple lol.
    Um, you can get a Duc Streetfighter, Z1000, Street Triple, Speed Triple, and CB1000R in the states and that's just the beginning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #799
    I personally love the Z1000:

looks so damn mean
    I'm loving this one in black, it looks like a real ninja.

40. Post #800
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,648 Posts
    The only thing I don't like about it is the stupid exhaust. I'd love to chop it right under the main frame and have it come out right under the footpeg.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)