1. Post #1361
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    780 Posts
    It's an H2. It was posted on BikeEXIF not long ago:
    http://www.bikeexif.com/santiago-chopper
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1362
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    3,367 Posts
    Taking my compulsory basic test on Tuesday which will qualify me for 125cc bikes for 2 years, once I get a job I can buy myself a bike, I'm pretty excited about it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

3. Post #1363
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    780 Posts
    Went up to Mundaring Weir near Perth, Western Australia yesterday with a mate on his VTR250.

Definitely going up there more often.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

4. Post #1364
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,456 Posts
    Went up to Mundaring Weir near Perth, Western Australia yesterday with a mate on his VTR250.

Definitely going up there more often.
    oh my god after watching the video for a minute my right ear felt so violated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #1365
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    780 Posts
    oh my god after watching the video for a minute my right ear felt so violated.
    Yeah, still working on cutting out the wind noise. Try turning the volume down a bit in future, though ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

6. Post #1366
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    3,367 Posts
    CBT instructor cancelled the course at the last minute, waiting for his call to re arrange it. Got up at 7am for nothing :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

7. Post #1367

October 2011
    361 Posts
    2009 Ninja 250 with Yoshimura exhaust

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

8. Post #1368
    most people dont think your attention is worth a dollar but i do
    February 2005
    3,368 Posts
    I obtained my motorcycle license a few weeks ago and have been looking around for a bike. My dad decided to help me and told me he would pay for all of it. Since then, I've been excited to get a new motorcycle. A few days later, today, a note shows up on my desk that says "Here is your bike. Enjoy!" I can't wait to ride it.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 6Winner Winner x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #1369
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    3,367 Posts
    Took me a while to realise it's a scale model

Edited:

Also, CBT arranged for monday, cant wait :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #1370
    At first I thought what was the bike doing in your living room.

Then I clicked on the picture and saw the wallet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events

11. Post #1371
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    780 Posts
    I bought a 1:12 scale CBR1000RR a couple weeks back for a friend.
    She was too scared to actually go on a bike, but went to a bike shop with her house-mate who was looking at getting a bike, saw a brand new CBR600RR and fell in love with it and now wants to get a bike O_o (crazy women)
    She can't afford a brand new 600cc sports bike let alone a cheap, second-hand 250cc bike that she'd have to learn on/ride for a year before getting her open class license, but now she has the model sitting on the shelf as motivation to save
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #1372
    November 2010
    913 Posts
    I bought a 1:12 scale CBR1000RR a couple weeks back for a friend.
    She was too scared to actually go on a bike, but went to a bike shop with her house-mate who was looking at getting a bike, saw a brand new CBR600RR and fell in love with it and now wants to get a bike O_o (crazy women)
    She can't afford a brand new 600cc sports bike let alone a cheap, second-hand 250cc bike that she'd have to learn on/ride for a year before getting her open class license, but now she has the model sitting on the shelf as motivation to save
    weird restrictions u have.
    here u can have your learners and have a 1000rr. most do it with out a licence.

also on the black ninja i like it. i was looking at a new green one but my legs feel too long for it.

oh this thing broke, i noticed over the last few days something was vibrating. today i saw it.

not with out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #1373
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,254 Posts

Ducati 907IE with the european Ferrari computer and aftermarket exhaust/air box.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Useful Useful x 1 (list)

14. Post #1374
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,456 Posts
    Tamburini=Best motorcycle designer ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #1375
    most people dont think your attention is worth a dollar but i do
    February 2005
    3,368 Posts
    The freakishly large headlight is a very nice touch. Definitely sets it apart.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

16. Post #1376
    January 2011
    2,293 Posts
    What happens if you sneeze while you're riding?

17. Post #1377
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,664 Posts
    Maybe I'm the only one, but I think it's hideous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

18. Post #1378
    November 2010
    913 Posts
    be sure to open your face shield first
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

19. Post #1379
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2005
    2,146 Posts

Ducati 907IE with the european Ferrari computer and aftermarket exhaust/air box.
    Thats one hell of a headlight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #1380
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,347 Posts
    Oddly enough I've NEVER EVER sneezed while I was riding. I have horrible allergies in fall/spring too which is why its so shocking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #1381
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    3,367 Posts
    Actually did my CBT today this time, can't wait to get a bike now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #1382
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,023 Posts
    I'm going to buy a KLR650 and ride across Australia.

Come with me Anklyne
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #1383
    January 2012
    592 Posts

Come with me Anklyne
    Go ahead and get a KLR. But if you drop it, i hope you'll be able to pick up 400lbs without getting a hernia.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

24. Post #1384
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    780 Posts

Come with me Anklyne
    Okay.
    When my mate finally gets some cash and (fixes his car, then) buys a bike, we're going to ride around Australia. It'll be a test run for when we ride from Perth up to Malaysia (obviously with a couple of ferry rides along the way).

Do you visit ADVrider? That site gets my travel bug excited

Edited:

Go ahead and get a KLR. But if you drop it, i hope you'll be able to pick up 400lbs without getting a hernia.
    This is why I'm going for an XT. It's still ~160kg, but it's also more simple: air-cooled and no need for the 'doohikey mod', also I hear KLRs have a habbit of burning quite a bit of oil, as well as some of the newer KLRs having problems with oval cylinders from the factory :/

25. Post #1385
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2005
    2,146 Posts
    My JD jetting kits just arrived, cant wait to see how it will improve my bike in many way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #1386
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    425 Posts
    I'm planing on buying a new Scooter. I didn't know where to post this so I'm going to post it in this thread. Before I was driving a Chinese Type scooter the Sprint Eagle (Picture of the Scooter)
    It broke down a lot, and it didn't have a good top speed, so I decided to get a new one.
    I've been looking into getting a Gilera Runner SP 50, but then I found this one, it's about 350-400$ cheaper then the Gilera, but has almost the same shape and performance as Gilera.
    It's the Derbie GP1.
    The site that sells the Scooter -Translated
    It's brand new and costs around 2,750$
    Does anyone have any expirience with the Scooter, or any tips to share?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Bosnia and Herzegovina Show Events

27. Post #1387
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,456 Posts
    Derbis and gileras share the same engines, gilera is derbis daughter company. They're probably pretty much the same 'cept the looks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #1388
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    425 Posts
    Derbis and gileras share the same engines, gilera is derbis daughter company. They're probably pretty much the same 'cept the looks.
    Well I'm probably going with the Derbie then, it's a bit cheaper then the Gilera, and I can probably use that money to get some parts, like the LeoVince TT and some other things for it, unless I find some flaw with the Derbie. Thanks a lot. If anyone has more input I will be glad to hear it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Bosnia and Herzegovina Show Events

29. Post #1389
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    425 Posts
    Scratch that, the Derbi GP1 has been pulled off the production lines. Derbi stopped selling it because it wasn't selling so good or something, I'm not sure.
    Anyway I'm getting my Gilera Runner SP 50 on Tuesday.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Bosnia and Herzegovina Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #1390
    November 2005
    97 Posts
    This will be mine sometime in the future...

I love the cafe racer look.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 5Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #1391
    November 2010
    913 Posts
    me too..

my cm400e
    took a 130 mile ride to a friends little house.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #1392
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    780 Posts
    Went back to Mundaring Weir today with some mates (who drove). The picture is from a place called Zig Zag Scenic Drive and the video is from near the weir, at first along a 4WD track that follows the power lines.
    The whole video is offroad, so after the first section, there's not much wind noise to worry about.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

33. Post #1393
    Yes! I just a few more days I can finally start my Superbike License training and finally get my full license. Heh, I cant believe they actually call full license a "Superbike License" here.

Once I'm done with that I can finally look forward for a proper big bike.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #1394
    January 2011
    2,293 Posts
    You Australian riders got any advice on a cheap Dual-sport bike? I looked up the XT and the KLR but I'm not having much luck.

If getting a decent Dual-sport pushes the price too much I'll just get a road bike though.

Btw I'll be using it almost exclusively for paved road, I just want the ability to go off-road if the opportunity presents itself.

35. Post #1395
    HEY GUYS DID I MENTION I'M IN THE ARMY
    March 2006
    3,279 Posts
    Any people from Kentucky or Tennessee here? Got my bike shipped from Cali to here on Ft. Campbell and haven't done anything with it other than ride to and from work at the airfield. I would like to go on a good ride, but I don't know the surrounding area well, and trailblazing is not exactly my cup of tea.

36. Post #1396
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    780 Posts
    You Australian riders got any advice on a cheap Dual-sport bike? I looked up the XT and the KLR but I'm not having much luck.

If getting a decent Dual-sport pushes the price too much I'll just get a road bike though.

Btw I'll be using it almost exclusively for paved road, I just want the ability to go off-road if the opportunity presents itself.
    DR650, XR/XL650. If you want cheaper, you can look for the older DR600, XR/XL600's. There's also smaller bikes, like 400 or 350 that would do alright, but if you're doing high speed or long distance, you'll probably prefer a 600+.

Generally, if you know what you're doing and you're willing to spend a little time doing a bit of cleaning and fix-up, an older bike (1980s, 1990s) can be found pretty cheap. Sometimes you'll even find one that's in good nick.

Be careful if it's a newer bike going pretty cheap. Just earlier I saw an '06 DR650 on Gumtree going for $3.3k, while a guy has been asking $3-3.5k for his 1994 XT600 for a few months now. It could be fine, it's happened before, but I'd be a little weary if I went to check it out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #1397
    faster than stupid, but still slower than everybody else
    June 2010
    2,761 Posts
    me on my bike
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Disagree Disagree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #1398
    January 2012
    592 Posts

Some fairly reliable Dual Sport bike would be: KLX650(C or R), KTM LC4 620, Xr650(R or L),XR500, XR400(R), DR-Z 400, and possibly a Dr650 (however, the DR is a slower and heavier bike than any of the others)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #1399

July 2009
    255 Posts

Finally, my very own 600cc <3

Also holy shit contrast
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #1400
    November 2010
    913 Posts

Finally, my very own 600cc <3

Also holy shit contrast
    nice bike.
    jetted my carb
    oem was 72 went with 75 also have 78 incase, seem to be doing good. no more power loss in mid range.