1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,424 Posts

This is lovely, I apologize for the lack of photos, but I didn't have a camera when I baked it. A delicious snack or small meal and I recommend everyone tries it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 18Late Late x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,774 Posts
    Haha, thanks for this mate :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,671 Posts
    A fine recipe for the first thread in the cooking section.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    13,005 Posts
    I made it a few weeks ago. Don't tell me it's supposed to look like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 60 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,485 Posts
    made this a few days ago. came out with the taste and consistency of boiled walrus shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 4 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,424 Posts
    Yeah, I suppose it depends on how powerful your microwave is, mine ended up more like a chocolate sponge cake than a brownie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    7,573 Posts
    Gonna give this a try later. Hopefully I have the ingredients (pretty sure I do) so I don't have to make a trip to the store.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,424 Posts
    made this a few days ago. came out with the taste and consistency of boiled walrus shit.
    Need more sugar and cook it for less time. Also how do you know what boiled walrus shit tastes like.

Edited:

I think this would be nice with a spoonful of instant coffee added. Do you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,651 Posts
    Going to make this now

Reporting back in 10-15mins
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    September 2001
    12,375 Posts
    Is that before or after you ate it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Funny x 99Zing x 6Agree x 3Artistic x 1Optimistic x 1Dumb x 1Useful x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,651 Posts
    We have no eggs, so can't make it afterall. Tomorrow I guess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    December 2006
    14,472 Posts
    This doesn't work, it just gets burned on the outside and it tastes like shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    November 2009
    3,625 Posts
    I'm going to make one for dessert tonight.

14. Post #14
    MORDEKAISER ES #1 HUEHUE
    September 2009
    3,192 Posts
    Is that before or after you ate it
    Oh you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,774 Posts
    Made this with a friend. Spongey goodness.

I'm sure the stomach ache comes from the fact that we used a BIT more than a splash of Vanilla...

Maybe like, a pour.

16. Post #16
    I made one of these about a year ago

can I sue the author for false advertising or something, it seemed to be the recipe for a malformed car tyre

Edited:

can I sue the author for false advertising or something, it seemed to be the recipe for a malformed car tyre

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    13,005 Posts
    God, that looks almost as good as mine.

18. Post #18
    August 2010
    2,632 Posts
    Trying it out! Back in 15 min.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,424 Posts

That's the beauty of these; they turn out different every time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

20. Post #20
    That's the beauty of these; they turn out different every time.
    yet they all taste like shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #21
    August 2010
    2,632 Posts
    Almost done, my expectations are not high

mine went straight to the bin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    7,656 Posts
    When I tried this it came out with the consistency of soggy yet stale bread. Tasted alright at first though, then it built up and was pretty much like I was eating a dry sponge. Even with cream.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    2,766 Posts
    I used to make these all the time, ugly yet delicious.

24. Post #24
    June 2008
    886 Posts
    I feel bad for you guys.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Funny Funny x 4 (list)

25. Post #25
    GTR
    March 2010
    279 Posts
    oh man, Japan's way ahead of you guys in the five minute cake department

Caramel flavour! If you guys want I'll show you how it turns out later
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

26. Post #26
    January 2011
    760 Posts
    oh man, Japan's way ahead of you guys in the five minute cake department

Caramel flavour! If you guys want I'll show you how it turns out later
    How what why is there so much sodium?

27. Post #27
    May 2008
    752 Posts
    I tried making one of these with hot chocolate mix instead of straight cocoa.

Do not try it that way. It tastes like a flavorless, spongy thing with a hint of egg.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    November 2009
    3,625 Posts
    I just saw that, thats so much. Maybe it helps it better during the cooking, making it how it's supposed to be, rather than like above.

29. Post #29
    GTR
    March 2010
    279 Posts
    I just saw that, thats so much. Maybe it helps it better during the cooking, making it how it's supposed to be, rather than like above.
    +1

I heard too that the sodium makes it turn out better and you get consistent results, rather than making it look like pudding or like it just came from a tin can.

30. Post #30
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    15,966 Posts
    IT's CARAMEL. Caramel is salty.

Edited:

If you're making a chocolate one: add a bit of instant coffee (do htis with anything chocolate, honestly) to it, a really small amount. Like half a teaspoon or less.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    CP doesn't necessarily have to have a victim, it's just that 99.9% of the time it does. The thing with pedos is that they've been demonized to be horrible no matter what, and I don't think that's the case.
    April 2006
    16,100 Posts
    do the op except add a pinch of salt and baking powder. and use brown sugar and add a touch more milk, maybe even another teaspoon

also BE SURE to mix it well and cook it for a minute/minute-and-a-half

when i want a brownie fix i go for that recipe and it never fails me

32. Post #32
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    15,966 Posts
    I just use a 2:2:1:1 ratio of flour, sugar,chocolate powder, and oil. Then add Baking Soda, Baking Powder, and a tiny bit of coffee mix. Then stir in some soy milk till it's as thick as cake batter. It always turns out fine. Dropping in chocolate chips on top makes it amazing, just don't overcook it. If you make one bigger than the current recipe, put it in for 4-5 minutes instead.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,659 Posts
    Reason why this doesn't work is because the oil/eggs can't bond properly when simply heated in a microwave

Helpful suggestions:

1. Use applesauce instead of Oil. Yes, you can substitute oils for applesauce in many baking recipies
    2. Add chocolate chips to the mixture
    3. Use evaporated milk instead of oil (I think... if I remember). Supposidly the evaporated milk makes for a more cake-like texture because it bonds better in a microwave compaired to the oil
    4. Use less egg. when putting the egg in, juggle it around between shells till you get about half of it seperated, and just use half of the egg
    5. Add a pinch of salt
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful Useful x 4 (list)

34. Post #34
    Chief of facepunch medical staff
    December 2006
    18,447 Posts
    I can't stand these things, tried a few different variants and everyone of them has tasted like complete shite.

35. Post #35
    Ligger Nyncher
    August 2009
    7,109 Posts
    I shall try it now.

36. Post #36
    October 2010
    1,696 Posts
    I'd rather just make brownies.

37. Post #37
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    15,966 Posts
    I can't stand these things, tried a few different variants and everyone of them has tasted like complete shite.
    ur doin it rong
    They can taste a bit microwaved if you don't do it right. Don't always follow recipes exactly, change it around how you think it should be if you know what you're doing.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    3,154 Posts
    Dont do this, oh god, chocolate sponge much.
    ate it with icecream, was pretty good i suppose. in a weird way.
    chocolate sponge :byodood:

39. Post #39
    Ligger Nyncher
    August 2009
    7,109 Posts
    Mine turned out very nice, a tad dry but with some cream it would be great

40. Post #40
    February 2008
    368 Posts
    Just tried this. Quite good with ice cream.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)