1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    11,524 Posts
    I'm makign this tomorrow. OP I will shit in your chimney if this comes out bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

2. Post #42
    January 2010
    1,131 Posts
    Just how vital is the flour to this recipe?
    I used up the last of it yesterday.

3. Post #43
    I hate US Marines
    July 2009
    4,289 Posts
    What if i only have a oven ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Latvia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    Connoisseur of Maple Syrup, Guns, and Sex Toys
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    I've modified this recipe a bit and it really improves the outcome.

Instead of using plain oil, mix half and half vegetable oil and melted butter. A splash of almond extract gives a bit more moisture and adds some cherry flavour, and only microwave it for 2:30-2:40 minutes, NOT the indicated 3 minutes. 3 is far too much.

I've also experimented with different types of cake using this recipe. For an 'extra chocolate' one, replace the cocoa powder with ovaltine powder.

Chocolate Liqueur Cake:
    Replace 2 of the 3 tablespoons of Milk with Chocolate Liqueur. Keep recipe the same otherwise.

Lemon Liqueur Cake:
    Remove cocoa powder, use 6 tablespoons of flour, replace milk with lemon liqueur, replace vanilla with lemon juice.

Coconut Cake:
    Remove cocoa powder, 6 tablespoons flour (4 tablespoons white flour, 2 tablespoons coconut flour is best if you have it), replace milk with coconut milk, replace chocolate chips with shaved coconut, add more vanilla (just a bit more)

I don't know how you people are getting such shit ugly cakes. Mine looks almost exactly like what's in the picture every time. Ideally you want to use a short, wider mug than a thin, taller one. Microwave it for less time, and make sure you mix it enough but don't overmix it.

Edited:

Uh... pretty vital.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    Chief of facepunch medical staff
    December 2006
    18,467 Posts
    ur doin it rong
    They can taste a bit microwaved if you don't do it right. Don't always follow recipes exactly, change it around how you think it should be if you know what you're doing.
    tried about 3 different recipes, none were even close to acceptable. i'd much rather just take a little extra time and actually make brownies/a cake.

Edited:

it'll be fine.

maybe just a little gooier than expected.

Edited:

6. Post #46
    Connoisseur of Maple Syrup, Guns, and Sex Toys
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    Try my alterations, Autumn.

3 minutes is honestly WAY too long for this. Whoever originally made it probably had their microwave at half power or it was just a piece of shit.

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    11,524 Posts
    tried about 3 different recipes, none were even close to acceptable. i'd much rather just take a little extra time and actually make brownies/a cake.

Edited:

it'll be fine.

maybe just a little gooier than expected.

Edited:

oh you

8. Post #48
    June 2010
    1,536 Posts
    Just tried this. Quite good with ice cream.
    :pirate: That looks delicious...

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,757 Posts
    I used to make this but I would always add a bit of cinnamon. Tasted better than it did without the cinammon.

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    3,863 Posts
    watch this space
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    November 2008
    1,352 Posts
    I made one of these and it tasted mighty fine

Shit camera phone pictures (I had already eaten about half of it before I took these, so it wasn't that small originally)

triforce
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    September 2010
    1,254 Posts
    I've tried multiple recipes and all end in poop flavored "brownie".

13. Post #53
    Judge, Jury, & Executioner
    September 2005
    63,901 Posts
    I made one but the recipe I followed did not have an egg

It was like a chocolate pudding in a cup

highly recommend

14. Post #54
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    26,100 Posts
    Made this today. Used the OP's recipe along with Cheesemonkey's tips (with white, not brown sugar though):

Cheesemonkey posted:
    do the op except add a pinch of salt and baking powder. and use brown sugar and add a touch more milk, maybe even another teaspoon

also BE SURE to mix it well and cook it for a minute/minute-and-a-half
    It turned out good. It was half as big as the one in the OP when I dropped it on the plate, it rose when it was being microwaved but the instant the microwave stopped (after 1min 30s) the cake dropped down.

Taste was good too. It wasn't a sponge this time.

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,636 Posts
    This is so fucking evil. It's 3:50 AM, I'm starving my ass off, and can't go downstairs to my kitchen without making a shitload of noise.. And I have the ingredients and some vanilla ice cream downstairs. Gahhhh, I foresee hopping into my CVPI and heading to 7-11 in the very near future....

16. Post #56
    February 2008
    1,085 Posts
    I always imagined those tasting gross, I may have to try making one though.

17. Post #57
    January 2008
    15,775 Posts
    I just made one and it really didn't taste half as good as some people make it out to be. Maybe I should've used butter instead of oil.

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,159 Posts
    I have to try this sometime.

19. Post #59
    January 2010
    1,131 Posts

Instant brownie success=Super smug face.

'Twas a very nice brownie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

20. Post #60
    June 2010
    1,928 Posts
    I just ruined a mug.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

21. Post #61
    December 2010
    3 Posts

Love these things. I've made loads. Chuck a load of ice cream in with it after and it's perfect straight out the mug.
    Yeah it's not the best brownie but for a 5 minute desert you can't go wrong. Or I guess you can reading some of these...

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    764 Posts
    Made using the OP's, Ven Kaeo's, and cheesemonkey's tips with Kahlua, cayenne pepper powder, and pecan halves. Tastes pretty damn good.

23. Post #63
    I pushed my dad off the stairs and all I got was he came back
    October 2009
    4,767 Posts
    gonna try out tommorow.

24. Post #64
    June 2010
    6,357 Posts
    I've always had foul spongy brownies, until I tried some new edits today. Now it's moist and delicious (And lols because it was like, five inches above the mug in the microwave and as soon as I turned it off it popped back down)

25. Post #65
    June 2009
    2,152 Posts
    I tried this and it was light brown and extremely hard, it also had a huge bubble in the middle of it.

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    670 Posts
    This is very tasty. I made quite alot of these and I made my own variant. The ingridients are very common and it is easy to make.
    You need:
    The largest cup you can find.
    Tablespoon/s
    Teaspoon
    DRY ingridients
    4 tbsp of flour
    2-4 tbsp of sugar (2= to bitter 3= perfect 4=to fucking sweet)
    2 tbsp of cocoa (does not mather what cocoa you use)
    A pinch of salt
    1/8 tsp of baking powder (be careful with it. To much and it will boil over the cup)
    Not more than this much baking powder:

WET ingridients
    3 tbsp of cooking oil
    3 tbsp of water

Preparation
    Put the DRY ingridients into your cup and stir with a spoon to even it out like this

When you have done that, add the WET ingridients to your mixture. Stir with your spoon and even out the mixture so no white spots from your coke flour are visable. It should look like this when done

Cooking

Now when everything is done, it is time to microwave that bitch brownie. The cooking time depends on how you want it to be and your microwaves age and effect. On a 10 year old 750W microwave, 1.5 minutes aprox. is enough to make it like a mudcake. It is just trail and error here. Experiment until you get it right. Just make sure to open the microwave and take a look at it. Look like every 30 seconds.

This is how it looks like after 1.5 minutes in the microwave:

Images are img_thumb because they are big. Hope you like my version of it. Eat straight out of the cup and be aware that the cup is VERY hot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    October 2009
    4,767 Posts
    Its in the Microwave right now, and I used:
    Milk
    Canned whipped cream
    Applesauce
    Butter
    Sugar
    Hot chocolate powder

Dear god I hope it turns out well. I was out of eggs and oil.

28. Post #68
    December 2006
    18,467 Posts
    good f*cking luck. O_O
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #69
    October 2009
    4,767 Posts
    So, I was baking that shit, I hear BING!
    So I was like :D. I opened the Microwave and I was like D: .
    The microwave was all misty, and I opened it and only thing that was hardened and solidified, were some small pieces, the rest were LITERALLY dripping out of the microwave.
    Im not cleaning that shit.

30. Post #70
    December 2006
    18,467 Posts
    you bloody well should clean it, since you were the one that made such a mess.

don't just leave your mum and dad to clean up after you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    October 2009
    4,767 Posts
    Im doing what it.
    Eventually.

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    4,379 Posts

Instant brownie success=Super smug face.

'Twas a very nice brownie.
    Nice haircut there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #73
    Dennab
    April 2010
    2,092 Posts
    Doing it right now, when it's done, i'm gonna post the results !

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,687 Posts
    I made like eight of these with spoiled cocoa and as a result, shit my intestines out.

35. Post #75
    April 2010
    2,601 Posts
    I just tried to make this, should have spent more time stirring the egg, now I got half a microwaved egg, half a brownie.

36. Post #76
    July 2010
    835 Posts
    /ck/ is turning over in its grave.

Edited:

Im doing what it.
    Eventually.
    What?...it