1. Post #121
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,612 Posts
    Sure feel free to, just be sure to give credit. Just don't release a copy or anything, which I'm sure your not going to do.

Edited:

Also, I will try to add a sound to the helmet. Do you mean like a hissing sound?
    Only when opening it, thankyouverymuch.

When you close it, there should be a sucking sound, something like "tschp".

2. Post #122
    February 2009
    33 Posts
    thx If you want I could try and get you a spot on the team but so far it's only me and the creator so yeah. A hissing sound would be good,

3. Post #123
    August 2010
    1,180 Posts
    No thanks, I have my hands full with this add-on already. I am willing to help with issues or anything, so if you have any trouble, feel free to ask me. Might I ask what you are making?
    PS: I have a surprise waiting for revision 101 if all goes well or 111 if it doesn't.

4. Post #124
    February 2009
    33 Posts
    well I'm working on a more advanced version of spacebuild it will be better and more like space survival then just building

5. Post #125
    August 2010
    1,180 Posts
    Wanna add me on steam so we can chat about it?

6. Post #126
    February 2009
    33 Posts
    sure

Edited:

My names LegendTM

7. Post #127
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,522 Posts
    So, what do I need and what is compatible with this? I want to replace spacebuild somewhat, it's so laggy and unstable.

From what I can gather, I can install this, LS3 (Is RD3 needed?) and SBEP and it'll all play nice together?

Edited:

Also, my HUD is also squashed in the X direction (res: 1440x900). I understand you're working on fixing this though :)

8. Post #128
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,612 Posts
    So, what do I need and what is compatible with this? I want to replace spacebuild somewhat, it's so laggy and unstable.

From what I can gather, I can install this, LS3 (Is RD3 needed?) and SBEP and it'll all play nice together?

Edited:

Also, my HUD is also squashed in the X direction (res: 1440x900). I understand you're working on fixing this though :)
    You need to disable LS3 completely, and disable the lua folder in SB3. Do this by appending "_off" or something to the info file/the lua folder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #129
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,522 Posts
    Ok so I've entirely disabled LS3C and LS3E, and disabled the lua inside the SB3 folder. So that leaves RD3 completely enabled and CAF completely enabled.

Edited:

Yep, that all worked. Thanks for your help!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #130

May 2011
    14 Posts
    You need to disable LS3 completely, and disable the lua folder in SB3. Do this by appending "_off" or something to the info file/the lua folder.
    i think im a complete moron but still dont understand wat is needed and how to disable what isnt needed anyone fancy explaining more dumbed down :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #131
    August 2010
    1,180 Posts
    Just delete the LS3 Core lua folder.

12. Post #132

April 2011
    5 Posts
    Hey, any chance you could add support for 1360x768? I know it's a weird resolution, but...

13. Post #133

May 2011
    14 Posts
    wat about the sb one?

14. Post #134
    August 2010
    1,180 Posts
    wat aboutt he sb one?
    Just delete the lua folder of it.

Edited:

Hey, any chance you could add support for 1360x768? I know it's a weird resolution, but...
    I can try to, I don't have that resolution, might be able to force it.

15. Post #135

May 2011
    14 Posts
    i delete the ls3 lua folder and now i get This Stool is not active

16. Post #136
    August 2010
    1,180 Posts
    i delete the ls3 lua folder and now i get This Stool is not active
    Do you have any errors? and what were the folders in that lua folder?

17. Post #137

May 2011
    14 Posts
    Do you have any errors? and what were the folders in that lua folder?
    im confused what do you mean by the ls3 core lua folder?

18. Post #138
    August 2010
    1,180 Posts
    im confused what do you mean by the ls3 core lua folder?
    its the addon for LS3 that doesnt contain any models or materials, just lua.

19. Post #139

May 2011
    14 Posts
    Okay i have 5 folders
    Custom Addon Framework
    LS3 - with folders LUA DATA and inside lua is CAF and entities
    LS3Entities - With all the materials models
    SB3 - with all the materials and models maps etc
    enviroment - etc

when i delete the sb3 lua folder and the ls3 folder i get the stole not active error

20. Post #140
    August 2010
    1,180 Posts
    Okay i have 5 folders
    Custom Addon Framework
    LS3 - with folders LUA DATA and inside lua is CAF and entities
    LS3Entities - With all the materials models
    SB3 - with all the materials and models maps etc
    enviroment - etc

when i delete the sb3 lua folder and the ls3 folder i get the stole not active error
    add me on steam, so I can help without crowding up the thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

21. Post #141
    November 2008
    62 Posts
    Seeing as you are working to improve Spacebuild, You think you could fix something in LS2? It might be out of your jurisdiction, but the resource pumps were way better.
    You would press E on one pump, and it would drop a plug that you would carry with your gravgun to the other pump. Now you just use a menu to do stuff, and you can't even see the connection!

Again, you probably have your hands full with this, but LS3 development seems dead, and it'd be awesome if you could improve LS3 or better yet, include the improved pumps in this mod.

22. Post #142
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,612 Posts
    Seeing as you are working to improve Spacebuild, You think you could fix something in LS2? It might be out of your jurisdiction, but the resource pumps were way better.
    You would press E on one pump, and it would drop a plug that you would carry with your gravgun to the other pump. Now you just use a menu to do stuff, and you can't even see the connection!

Again, you probably have your hands full with this, but LS3 development seems dead, and it'd be awesome if you could improve LS3 or better yet, include the improved pumps in this mod.
    It's already implemented, at least he showed it to me a few weeks ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

23. Post #143

May 2011
    14 Posts
    there maybe a bad reaction between this and superllamas new gravityhull because it causes you to float around :D dunno which one is causing it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #144
    August 2010
    1,180 Posts
    It's superlamas fault. He's causing the player to actually leave the planet, he tried to fix this by faking the player's position, but that doesn't work with my add-on. Feel free to pester him to fix this, I will too.

25. Post #145
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,612 Posts
    It's superlamas fault. He's causing the player to actually leave the planet, he tried to fix this by faking the player's position, but that doesn't work with my add-on. Feel free to pester him to fix this, I will too.
    You need to meet halfway. I'm pretty sure modifying his code, hacky and huge as it is, is a bit harder than modifying yours. Ask him what you can do to help ease it.

26. Post #146
    August 2010
    1,180 Posts
    You need to meet halfway. I'm pretty sure modifying his code, hacky and huge as it is, is a bit harder than modifying yours. Ask him what you can do to help ease it.
    This issue of his breaks many things, like shields, not just my issue. Also, he needs to fix what he breaks, especially if its functions core to the operation of the Source Engine, like ENT:Touch(), it relates to physics, brushes, almost everything.

27. Post #147
    July 2008
    186 Posts
    If you die with Environments installed while you also have DeathFix installed, your corpse is invisible, but it still leaves a shadow (it's pretty funny looking), as well as a headless (I think), reference-posed, floating Combine Elite. This happens even if I disable the spacesuit using the console. Deathfix applies any transformations of the player model to the resulting corpse (flaming, materials, inflation, etc.), so if you made the suit vanish and the body reappear when the player dies, that might fix the issue. :)

Also, could you make the Environments spacesuit automatically disable when in a non-Spacebuild map? You could keep the helmet (for underwater use), but have it default to off when the player spawns.

Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #148
    August 2010
    1,180 Posts
    That is a good idea, I will try to do that for non-sb maps. For the suit issue, idk, you can try to disable the suit in the autorun file, by setting Environments.UseSuit to false.

29. Post #149
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,973 Posts
    An error that may or may not be related to Environments is that I can't spawn the terraforming items at all. This is from a fresh install of Gmod using only wire, environments, LS3, SB3, and the gravity hull thing. I've also only tried to terraform on sb_gooniverse.

30. Post #150
    August 2010
    1,180 Posts
    I'm pretty sure those don't work anymore in Environments anyway.

31. Post #151
    February 2011
    1,267 Posts
    This seems very interesting. But can I have SB3 and Environments installed without any issues or will I have to swap one for the other each time I want to play each other?

32. Post #152
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,612 Posts
    This seems very interesting. But can I have SB3 and Environments installed without any issues or will I have to swap one for the other each time I want to play each other?
    Since you need to disable certain parts of SB3 to let Environments take over, I'd say you need to swap. Please read the OP.

33. Post #153
    February 2011
    1,267 Posts
    Since you need to disable certain parts of SB3 to let Environments take over, I'd say you need to swap. Please read the OP.
    I did read the OP, but it said to remove luas. But since it didn't really specify I had to ask for further detail.

34. Post #154
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,612 Posts
    I did read the OP, but it said to remove luas. But since it didn't really specify I had to ask for further detail.
    NOTE: When you install be sure to remove the LS3 Core and the SB lua folder if they are already on the server.
    REQUIREMENTS: LS3 and RD3 for refilling your spacesuit
    I'd say that's pretty damn specific.

35. Post #155
    February 2011
    1,267 Posts
    I'd say that's pretty damn specific.
    LS3 Core and SB Lua Folder is not specific. Either way thanks for what little polite reply you have given me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #156
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,973 Posts
    I'm pretty sure those don't work anymore in Environments anyway.
    Well in that case I hope some alternative method for terraforming is made available in the future.

37. Post #157
    August 2010
    1,180 Posts
    Well in that case I hope some alternative method for terraforming is made available in the future.
    The only way right now is the normal way through venting, just like in SB. I am thinking of new better methods of terraforming for future update too though.

38. Post #158
    February 2011
    1,267 Posts
    This keeps appearing on my screen and it's very annoying. Is this a compatibility issue or something?
    The error comes from
    "Filename: CAF_Hooks, Message: Think3 Error: [addons\ls3c\lua\caf\addons\server\lifesupport.lua: 404] attempt to call field 'GetSpace' (a nil value)"
    My Addons:
    Adv Duplicator
    CAF
    catdaemon_stargate
    Dynamic_Gibs
    Environments
    GHD
    gmdm_resources
    LS3C
    LS3E
    RD3
    SBEP_Entities
    SBEP_Experimental
    SBEP_Fortifications
    SBEP_Models
    SBEP_Weapons
    Smartsnap
    Stacker Tool
    Stargate
    Stargate_resources
    TOOL_stacker_adv
    toybox
    wire
    wire model pack 1
    wiree

It only happens with Environments installed.

39. Post #159
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,973 Posts
    Delete LS3C and the lua folder inside SB3.

Edit: Actually, I don't see any spacebuild folder.

40. Post #160
    February 2011
    1,267 Posts
    Delete LS3C and the lua folder inside SB3.

Edit: Actually, I don't see any spacebuild folder.
    I moved it out and replaced it with Environments knowing they conflict. I forgot LS3C conflicted as well.