1. Post #201
    February 2009
    72 Posts
    Great addon! Keep up the good work.

2. Post #202
    May 2011
    117 Posts
    -Delete please i fixed my problem-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #203
    August 2008
    26 Posts
    I found a couple of bugs when testing without LS3/RD3:

Microwave emitter uses a model from LS3. Suggested replacement (SBEP) "models/Slyfo/moisture_condenser.mdl"

CAP weapons do not require energy when RD3 is not installed, but work with your devices when RD3 is installed.

This is probably only on my client: All gas storages have a capacity of 0 L.

Some input from CmdrMatthew regarding the requested addition to the pumps would be appreciated.

4. Post #204
    August 2010
    1,181 Posts
    I'm currently away from home so it will be a few days before I can work on this. I will most likely get started on some kind of control for the pump or something like that as soon as I get back. Do you think you could explain your idea again? I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for.

5. Post #205
    August 2008
    26 Posts
    Inputs:
    Resources:table - The resources that will be transferred. Defaults to all.

Rate:number - Units of the resource to transfer per second. Setting to zero cuts the flow completely. Defaults to the set value in the tool menu.

Lock:number - Bool to set whether the socket is locked or not. By locked I mean locking a plug in place if one connected, otherwise not accepting a new plug to be connected.

If you can figure out a more convenient way to set which resources to transfer, use it.

6. Post #206
    August 2010
    1,181 Posts
    Hey guys, finally got around to adding a suit model selector :D

The lines are a model mismatch causing a bonemerge issue. Gotta figure out how to prevent this.

7. Post #207
    May 2011
    117 Posts
    As of right now the Environments RD will work without RD3 or LS3E, We are working on a conversion script to allow use of other Life Support required addons with Environments. For the moment CmdrMatthew is out of town for a bit. I'll do my best to answer any questions while hes away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #208
    July 2008
    10 Posts
    For some reason this doesn't even work. Any sb map acts like the normal sandbox mode, no lack of gravity in space, apart from props.

9. Post #209
    August 2010
    1,181 Posts
    For some reason this doesn't even work. Any sb map acts like the normal sandbox mode, no lack of gravity in space, apart from props.
    Are there any errors? If not can you paste the info that prints to console when it starts up. It should look something like this
    Code:
    /////////////////////////////////////
    //       Loading Environments      //
    // Adding Environments..           //
    //   Attempting to Load From File  //
    //     29 Planets Loaded From File //
    //     0 Stars Loaded From File    //
    // Registering Sun..               //
    //   No Stars Found                //
    //   Registered Env_Sun            //
    // Starting Periodicals..          //
    //   Event System Started          //
    //   LifeSupport Checker Started   //
    //       Environments Loaded       //

10. Post #210
    August 2010
    1,181 Posts
    I am almost finished with some simple functions that anyone can use to create their own LS devices and tools in a matter of minutes rather than hours. They should be on the svn in a day or two.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #211
    August 2010
    1,181 Posts
    Here's a preview of the new tool! I hope to have it on the svn tomorrow!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #212
    August 2010
    1,181 Posts
    Ok, the update is on the svn. It isn't 100% full of all the entities so the old tools are still there. I should have it full in a few days. I also added some RD optimizations, now instead of sending "oxygen" which would be 7 bytes of data it sends a number to represent it, now taking only 1 byte.

13. Post #213
    August 2010
    1,181 Posts
    Right now I am working with someone on making my own take on SuperLlama's "infinite map" system specialized for use with this gamemode. The progress is good, but there are some serious unavoidable disadvantages to having a system like this that make it not very useful for servers full of massive ships, but amazing for exploration with smaller shuttles and cruisers.

14. Post #214

April 2010
    20 Posts
    Right now I am working with someone on making my own take on SuperLlama's "infinite map" system specialized for use with this gamemode. The progress is good, but there are some serious unavoidable disadvantages to having a system like this that make it not very useful for servers full of massive ships, but amazing for exploration with smaller shuttles and cruisers.
    Maybe make it use some actual power or something?

15. Post #215
    August 2010
    1,181 Posts
    New update with alot of RD bugfixes and improvements. Also updated OP with a gameplay video that I forgot was made.

to S3IC: what should use actual power?

16. Post #216

April 2010
    20 Posts
    I thought you were talking about the gravity thing he made

17. Post #217
    August 2010
    1,181 Posts
    finally got 3D cables to actually be round, forgot to normalize some direction vectors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

18. Post #218
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,373 Posts
    Those're round? They look like MSPaint lines...

19. Post #219
    August 2010
    1,181 Posts
    Sorry, I don't have AA on and I could've picked a better angle and textures for them. For some reason I felt the need to color code them, but they ended up kinda pastel colored.

20. Post #220
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,187 Posts
    Gravity plating does absolutely nothing, and why won't the LS core link to a regular RD3 resource node?

21. Post #221
    August 2010
    1,181 Posts
    Gravity plating does absolutely nothing, and why won't the LS core link to a regular RD3 resource node?
    Which one are you using? The one in the entities tab or the environments tool menu tab?

Edited:

Ok, found the problem with the grav plating, working on it right now.

22. Post #222
    August 2010
    1,181 Posts
    Ok, got the grav plating fixed, going to do an update with the cable fix too.

EDIT: Update has been submitted.

23. Post #223
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,187 Posts
    Still get

MakeFunc WARNING: No MakeData found for env_lscore! Defaulting!
    When creating LS core with the tool. Also still cannot connect tool-created LS core to a regular resource network.

However, the entities tab LS core seems to function fine. I can connect it to a regular network, and all it's functions seem to be fine. But, I dislike the fact that the LS core automatically creates gravity on everything it's connected to. I like to build a lot of thruster-powered spacecraft that need to exist completely in zero-g, and automatically creating gravity means the player forces the ship down to the bottom of the map. I want to be able to choose whether or not a given ship has interior gravity, not be forced into it for the sake of life support.

24. Post #224
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,373 Posts
    So, after finally getting the cables to work:

1. I don't see any performance hit whatsoever when moving the LS/RD stuff around with the visible cables.
    2. You can only use certain materials on the cables.
    3. The ends of the cables that go into the resource node look rather goofy, all pointy like that.
    4. The cables just kind of...well, stick into various LS/RD stuff. Perhaps you could add a physics-less junction point? Like a plug or whatever?

25. Post #225
    September 2011
    13 Posts
    Tried this mod a couple days ago, Liked it. Much simpler than normal Life support. However, I was working on wiring up a simple gyro stabilization system for a fighter craft, and I started missing the chips do to earthquakes. Would it be possible to make a toggle for the random events?

26. Post #226
    August 2010
    1,181 Posts
    Tried this mod a couple days ago, Liked it. Much simpler than normal Life support. However, I was working on wiring up a simple gyro stabilization system for a fighter craft, and I started missing the chips do to earthquakes. Would it be possible to make a toggle for the random events?
    That isn't the random events, it is a fail on the mappers part. In SB3 there is something called "unstable" that makes it do earthquakes randomly and it was completely broken and is fixed in mine. As a result, the mappers didn't realize they made a mistake, but the mistake shows here. I will add a cvar to enable or disable them entirely, for now you can edit the planet with the admin menu in the environments tab and set "unstable" to be "false"

27. Post #227
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    13,053 Posts
    Does it have support for Gravity Hull?

28. Post #228
    August 2010
    1,181 Posts
    Yes. (lol one word post)

29. Post #229
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,629 Posts
    Here's some better values for 1920x1080 resolution (imo). The default one looked like shit. It's still really hard to read the text, though. They're extremely blurry. You should make it use a larger font, or something.
    AddResolution(1920, 1080, Vector(2,2,1.9), Vector(-2,55,-55), Vector(-2,44,-41))

I really think you should find a better way to do this though. Preferably dynamically using ScrW and ScrH.

(Huge pics - I will remove these from my dropbox in a week or so)
    My slight edit:
    Old one:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #230
    June 2009
    63 Posts
    Bugfix:
    File: EnvironmentsRD/lua/autorun/EntRegister.lua (Line 333)
    By Divran mostly, just thought I'd submit it.

Code:

function TOOL:GetDeviceInfo()
    		if self.Name and self:GetClientInfo("type") != " " and self:GetClientInfo("sub_type") != " " then
    			return Environments.Tooldata[self.Name][self:GetClientInfo("type")][self:GetClientInfo("sub_type")] or {}
    		else
    			return {}
    		end
    	end
    Also why do you use " " for initialization, just wondering?

31. Post #231
    August 2010
    1,181 Posts
    What bug? There's no way that should error because the function just lines before checks to ensure those values are not nil.

Edited:

I really think you should find a better way to do this though. Preferably dynamically using ScrW and ScrH.
    I've tried to do this, but the FOV is also a factor, which makes it almost impossible to get something like that working :(

32. Post #232
    June 2009
    63 Posts
    What bug? There's no way that should error because the function just lines before checks to ensure those values are not nil.

Edited:

I've tried to do this, but the FOV is also a factor, which makes it almost impossible to get something like that working :(

You added a check to see if they are nil yet not a check to see if they are at the default values of " "
    return Environments.Tooldata[self.Name][self:GetClientInfo("type")][self:GetClientInfo("sub_type")] or {}

33. Post #233
    August 2010
    1,181 Posts
    You added a check to see if they are nil yet not a check to see if they are at the default values of " "
    It does that too. It makes sure that the tables exist.

34. Post #234
    June 2009
    63 Posts
    It does that too. It makes sure that the tables exist.
    I did a debug print, It doesn't. Ask Divran when he is back tomorrow.

35. Post #235
    August 2010
    1,181 Posts
    I did a debug print, It doesn't. Ask Divran when he is back tomorrow.
    The function before it does it. It returns nil if the tables don't exist, and this nil value trigers a return end in the function that calls the tool:GetDeviceInfo()
    function TOOL:GetDeviceClass()
    	if Environments.Tooldata[self.Name][self:GetClientInfo("type")] then
    		if Environments.Tooldata[self.Name][self:GetClientInfo("type")][self:GetClientInfo("sub_type")] then
    			return Environments.Tooldata[self.Name][self:GetClientInfo("type")][self:GetClientInfo("sub_type")].class
    		end
    	end
    end

36. Post #236
    June 2009
    63 Posts
    Give me a moment, I shall re-create the error and show you.

37. Post #237
    August 2010
    1,181 Posts
    Give me a moment, I shall re-create the error and show you.
    Found your error, it was in the ghost function, adding a simple nil check for the model fixes this.
    if !model then return end

38. Post #238
    June 2009
    63 Posts
    Ah, yeah that makes sense. Sorry about that.

39. Post #239
    August 2010
    1,181 Posts
    Ah, yeah that makes sense. Sorry about that.
    No problem, what you suggested would have also been a solution, but it would be more expensive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #240
    June 2009
    63 Posts
    Getting this error when removing some linked entities.

[addons\environmentsrd\lua\entities\base_env_entity \init.lua:56] attempt to call method 'Unlink' (a nil value)
    g

Bug2:

Timer Error: [@addons\environmentsrd\lua\entities\resource_node_ env\init.lua:57] bad argument #1 to 'String' (string expected, got nil)
    Error - Starting new message without ending the old one!

When in multi-player I spawned a dupe then got that error, the entities have spawned, but the storage's have all got infinite storage. (seems to not be re-linking correctly)

Bug3:

[addons\sbep_entities\lua\entities\gyropod_advanced \init.lua:311] attempt to call method 'GetPassenger' (a nil value)

When linking resources to a gyropod and or a Adv Pod Controller.