1. Post #521
    November 2009
    10,510 Posts
    My nephew threw a cockroach in the deepfryer for fun, now my food is ruined.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Funny Funny x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #522
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,667 Posts
    something something

meat sauce

tagliatelle and pasta cream sauce

cheese

OVEN

would you eat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 9Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #523
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,952 Posts
    its like a lasagne but instead of pasta sheets its tagliatelle
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #524
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,667 Posts
    hm true
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

5. Post #525
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    597 Posts
    If you put more corn in it, I would devour it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

6. Post #526
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,425 Posts
    I made a giant Twix bar. Not quite the right shape but tastes great! 1.24lbs of milk & white chocolate, homemade creamy sauce, and a thick homemade crust of crushed vanilla wafers and butter.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11 (list)

7. Post #527
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    867 Posts

Campbells Tomato Soup with cheddar and parmesan cheese, with crushed red pepper and a drop of Buffalo Wild Wings Blazin' Sauce for spice. Served with a American-and-cheddar grilled cheese with turkey slices grilled in and Lays potato chips.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #528
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,945 Posts
    Crisps with soup? Only in America
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Useful Useful x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #529
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    1,564 Posts
    I made a giant Twix bar. Not quite the right shape but tastes great! 1.24lbs of milk & white chocolate, homemade creamy sauce, and a thick homemade crust of crushed vanilla wafers and butter.

Pls to write a tutorial now.

Hnnggggghhh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #530
    April 2010
    999 Posts
    Pistachio muffins

Edited:
    I suck at piping
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #531
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    1,564 Posts
    Pistachio muffins

Edited:
    I suck at piping
    Yeah that's what mine looks like after a really bad curry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #532
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,425 Posts
    Pls to write a tutorial now.

Hnnggggghhh
    I followed this guide but I altered the recipe a bit.

I wasn't able to find the "Golden Syrup" mentioned in the recipe so I just left it out. For the crust I used 1.5 boxes of "Nilla" brand wafers (they are vanilla cookies) which I crushed in a blender. I melted down two sticks of butter and mixed it with the crushed wafers to form a loosely held together mixture which I pressed into the bottom of a 9"x13" baking pan. I put the baking pan with the crust into the refrigerator to cool whilst I worked on the other two components.

The sauce was perhaps the trickiest part of the recipe. I poured one can of condensed milk into pot which I set to a low temperature so the fluid would simmer. To that I added a stick of butter and 3/4 of a cup of sugar. I mixed it thoroughly, let it darken for awhile, then I turned off the heat. I brought out the baking tray from the fridge and poured an even coating of the creamy mixture onto the crust made earlier. I put the tray back into the fridge after that.

Melting the chocolate wasn't as difficult as I thought it might be. Since American milk chocolate has a bit of a bitter aftertaste I decided to use a 1:1 ratio of milk and white chocolate. I brought a new pot of water to a boil and put a large bowl on top of it so the steam was contacting the base of the bowl. Then I poured in the chocolate bit by bit stirring it as I went. When the texture was fairly smooth I brought the baking pan out of the refrigerator and quickly poured out the chocolate mixture onto it. Even in its heated state the mixture was reluctant to leave the bowl so most of it had to be scraped out manually. With the chocolate evenly spread across the pan I put the whole thing back in the fridge and waited a few hours for the finished product.

Overall I was quite pleased with the result; the crust held together nicely, the sauce had the right consistency, and the chocolate crust was delicious. The only thing I might add next time around would be some vanilla flavoring to the sauce.
    [HR][/HR]

Today I made something despicably unhealthy - a bacon-weave-wrapped, cheddar-cheese-infused, corned-beef-hash-stuffed burrito. I don't think I'll ever make something like this again, but it was a learning experience.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #533
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    18,452 Posts
    Don't have a picture handy, but just made around 5 gallons of damn-good chili.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

14. Post #534
    Kiq
    Buddhism is cool.
    July 2009
    1,892 Posts
    Don't have a picture handy, but just made around 5 gallons of damn-good chili.
    Is it really spicy? If so, good on you.

15. Post #535
    OFWGKTA
    July 2011
    9,689 Posts
    Does anyone eat vegetables? Come on. They're fucking awesome too!

16. Post #536
    Chief of facepunch medical staff
    December 2006
    18,465 Posts
    i love vegetables! and fruit. bought myself a smoothie maker yesterday!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #537
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    597 Posts
    I wanna try juicing but fruit is damned spensive 'round here.

18. Post #538
    December 2006
    18,465 Posts
    so long as you're not too fussy there's a lot of stuff available here in the UK, and it's not all that expensive either. i'm lucky enough to live in a very multicultural part of london, so a lot of the local shops have foreign fruits from all over the world, for cheap!

also it's a blender, not a juicer. i think it's better to blend the fruit down with all it's fibre than using a juicer, which will eliminate all the fibre and other possible nutrients that there are in the skins etc. but i mean like apple and peach skins, not banana or kiwi - that'd be weird.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #539
    June 2010
    3,836 Posts
    i love vegetables! and fruit. bought myself a smoothie maker yesterday!
    I used to make banana and strawberry smoothies all the time. Greatest blend ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #540
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    18,452 Posts
    Is it really spicy? If so, good on you.
    It has a nice amount of kick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #541
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,952 Posts
    Going to have a go at these sometime

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #542
    Voted WORST Gold Member 2012
    August 2005
    15,721 Posts
    I really needto cook more now that I live alone but damn I am tight on budget :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

23. Post #543
    December 2006
    18,465 Posts
    so i've attempted a home version of Innocent's kiwis, apples & limes smoothie

1 apple
    1 slice of pineapple
    1/2 kiwi (i used a full one since they were quite small)
    5 grapes
    lime juice

this was the outcome

the biggest problem is that i didn't skin the apple (skins are good for you!) and i didn't know the grapes were seeded. so it's a little lumpy and bitty, which isn't the greatest. but i can change it for the next time i do it!

all these smoothies are killing my mouth though, i've got so many ulcers at the moment ugh. tasty though!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

24. Post #544
    Voted WORST Gold Member 2012
    August 2005
    15,721 Posts
    Just made spinach with cooked potatoes and a sunny side egg.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

25. Post #545
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,222 Posts
    Just made spinach with cooked potatoes and a sunny side egg.
    Oh god that sounds good x_x

26. Post #546
    April 2011
    848 Posts
    interesting thread this one. it's strange that i haven't found my way to the cooking forum before. if i got the idea right the point of this is to make food, take pictures and post them. i'm missing out on the finished product, but i have some "wip" shots of the food being made.

so this is a plaice stuffed with lime slices, red onion and thyme just before we put it in the oven.

and some clams that we had for starters.

with this we had some bleak roe and cream sauce, potatoes and of course some greenery. everything was delicious. i shall try to take more pics of the finished food next time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Sweden Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Winner Winner x 2 (list)

27. Post #547
    April 2011
    848 Posts
    some more food. this time i didn't really get any good captures of the actual cooking. i was simply too tired, too lazy and too hungry to try to take any splendid pics let alone cook something i'd serve to friends.

like i said i was lazy and tired, so something quick for starters was the only real option.

and since we were so hungry, nothing that took time was on the menu. chicken, some mangold salad with some red onions, simple cream sauce, and some cherry tomatoes.

i would have had some wine for this but eeeh... beer was closer at hand.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Sweden Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6 (list)

28. Post #548
    About as smart and adept as a pile of turds
    January 2010
    3,465 Posts

Campbells Tomato Soup with cheddar and parmesan cheese, with crushed red pepper and a drop of Buffalo Wild Wings Blazin' Sauce for spice. Served with a American-and-cheddar grilled cheese with turkey slices grilled in and Lays potato chips.
    Seems so homey...

Edited:

Foodwishes is the best!

29. Post #549
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,945 Posts
    I get loads of recipes off food wishes, he makes tons of good looking comfort food.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #550
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    Just tried Marmite, it tasted like... well, something for sure.

Wish I didn't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #551
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,667 Posts
    ricotta cheese mixed with parsley on air-dried ham, cucumber with a little salt and whole wheat bread

great breakfast

32. Post #552
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,222 Posts
    Guys.

I've made a HUGE mistake.

I spent about an hour reading through Wikipedia about the various foods of European nations.

I now loath being a poor college student, and I'm starving my ass off :saddowns:

Edited:

HNNNNNG

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiener_Schnitzel

33. Post #553
    August 2009
    7,895 Posts
    Ohshit, Pizza time up in this bitch

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

34. Post #554
    August 2009
    7,895 Posts
    everything is from scratch too :smug:

Edited:

ohshit i didn't mean to doublepost, sorry.

35. Post #555
    June 2010
    6,357 Posts
    Me and my friend made Nutella doughnuts today. Shit's good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #556
    April 2011
    848 Posts
    last nights dinner. pork tenderloin with ginormous amounts of thyme, rice, sauce made from the steak sauce, some red whine and cream, and some baby spinach on the side. to that we had primitivo di manduria.

fast, simple and quite tasty.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Sweden Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #557
    June 2010
    6,357 Posts
    Made more Asian shit

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

38. Post #558
    About as smart and adept as a pile of turds
    January 2010
    3,465 Posts

39. Post #559

November 2011
    12 Posts
    Top right and bottom middle cats have beards. Pretty sure the bottom middle is a wizard.
    I will try to make this by myself later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #560
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,667 Posts
    first try at onion potato gratin. and loin (idk which, top sirloin i guess. we call it 'fransyska' which translates to french girl).
    not satisfied with the gratin, not sure what i did wrong. didn't taste bad tho