1. Post #721
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    889 Posts
    Burgers motherfucker!
    That picture makes me want burgers now!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #722
    Beverage Bandit
    November 2005
    19,204 Posts
    Avocado on toast- a godly treat I just recently discovered.

How the warm, crunchy toast contrasts with the cool, soft avocado is great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #723
    I wish I was as cool as Felix :)
    April 2010
    7,735 Posts
    Seems like you just discovered a bacon avocado sandwich without bacon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #724
    Gratuitous Penis Exposure Moderator
    September 2005
    4,225 Posts
    made an onion pie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 9Funny Funny x 4 (list)

5. Post #725
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,310 Posts
    I would pay good money for that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #726
    September 2005
    4,225 Posts
    I would pay good money for that.
    it was pretty good, a bit bland. First time ever that I made a pie so it was still okay! I promise you that I will bake you a pie if you come'll and get it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #727
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    3,953 Posts
    fresh meat fresh veggies fresh everything, big picture sorry

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

8. Post #728
    August 2009
    12,416 Posts

some basque bread pudding with brown sugar vanilla sauce.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

9. Post #729
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,869 Posts

Mussels steamed in water with parsley, garlic, thyme and shallots. After they had been steamed for about 4 minutes, I took the shells out of the pot and added some heavy cream to the steaming liquid. Boiled it down to thicker consistency, and added and coated the spaghetti in the sauce. That way you still got the nice sea food taste even when eating the spaghetti. Also had some salad on the side with a vinaigrette with red wine vinegar and dijon mustard.

All in all I'm pretty happy out it, especially considering it's my first time trying to make a dish I've never made before without help from a friend. It tasted really damn good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 5Funny Funny x 2 (list)

10. Post #730
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    864 Posts

It was exactly how I wanted it to be.

Lightly toasted, perfectly even. Little bit of garlic salt rubbed into the crust.

EDIT: I'm so sorry, if I thumb it it leads to 404 for some reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

11. Post #731
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,869 Posts
    So, what did the caterpillar taste like?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

12. Post #732
    x 1 (list)
    September 2011
    10,603 Posts
    You guys make me ridiculously hungry, I wish I was half the cook that some of you are.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #733
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,310 Posts
    it was pretty good, a bit bland. First time ever that I made a pie so it was still okay! I promise you that I will bake you a pie if you come'll and get it.
    Okay, where do you live?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #734
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    864 Posts
    So, what did the caterpillar taste like?
    Burnt cheese.

So heaven, basically.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

15. Post #735
    September 2005
    4,225 Posts
    Okay, where do you live?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

16. Post #736
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,310 Posts
    Hmm, might lead one of those internet fundraiser things for this trip.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #737
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

18. Post #738
    Beverage Bandit
    November 2005
    19,204 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #739
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,708 Posts
    I'm not sure what thread we put pics in now oh well

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 8Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #740
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,708 Posts
    breakfast?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

21. Post #741
    Beverage Bandit
    November 2005
    19,204 Posts
    yes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

22. Post #742
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    2,281 Posts
    I haven't made it yet, but Monday I plan to make some pulled pork sandwiches. Bought a 5.5 lbs pork shoulder. I'll probably sear it with a rub of black pepper, brown sugar, cumin, paprika, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and a little bit of olive oil. Afterwards I'll toss it into a slow cooker for about 3 hours or so with some beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, dry mustard, and either ketchup or tomato sauce. After I shred it I'll use the juices it slow cooked in as a sauce. Should be awfully delicious, it normally is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

23. Post #743
    RISC MASTER RACE.
    August 2010
    7,095 Posts

I'm running low on spam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #744
    Cheesy and delicious.
    August 2010
    6,040 Posts
    This is my first time posting in this section, but here goes. Made some Scotch Eggs for the first time. Saving them until breakfast.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

25. Post #745
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    424 Posts

Beef wellington + instagram since that's cool right
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #746
    Beverage Bandit
    November 2005
    19,204 Posts
    i made me a mango and cheese toast

the verdict:
    better than i had expected. when toasting it i was like "oh god what have i done", but no it's actually pretty decent. the mango is a bit overwhelming though, due to the mango:cheese-ratio being off, and my cheese being really flavourless- it's just this general "white/yellow cheese". something with a sharper taste, like cheddar for example, would have done the trick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #747
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    424 Posts

Made me a beer bread and sundried tomato spread. Tasted a bit too "beery" and was really filling. It was OK though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

28. Post #748
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    786 Posts

Triple cooked chips
    caramelised onion
    gammon
    corn on the cob with butter and black pepper
    sweet Chantonay carrots cooked in butter and orange juice

The verdict: Everybody loved the meal so much stating that the chips were by far the best chips they had ever had. That is no lie either, they were the best chips I had ever had, outer crust so crispy and light with the fluffiest insides.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

29. Post #749
    Cheesy and delicious.
    August 2010
    6,040 Posts
    Just made these potato chips.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

30. Post #750
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    424 Posts
    Just made these potato chips.

I was pretty unimpressed until I saw that you made them. I am now slightly impressed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

31. Post #751
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    424 Posts

Pad thai, tasted good but it's a bitch to get the ingredients though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #752
    December 2009
    7,978 Posts

Sesame seed buns
    breaded chicken breasts
    lettuce leaf
    Cucumber and raddish sauce(?) with unflavoured joghurt(works as sourcream without fat) and mayo and seasoned with salt and pepper.
    Estrella crisps on side.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

33. Post #753
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,708 Posts
    oh boy more steak

steak night is my fav but currently i think i'm giving off the image its all I eat.. eitherway its medium rare with some duck fried potatoes and some rocket.

34. Post #754
    Ligger Nyncher
    August 2009
    7,108 Posts
    Just had Fajitas, oh god, I was going to take a picture but I ate them before I could
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #755
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,708 Posts

carbonara
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

36. Post #756
    About as smart and adept as a pile of turds
    January 2010
    3,463 Posts
    I'm not sure what thread we put pics in now oh well

looks a bit too rare for my tastes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

37. Post #757
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,708 Posts
    Scandalous, the best way to enjoy steak is rare, medium rare and medium I think. How do you like your steak?

38. Post #758
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,723 Posts
    I've only tasted steak medium rare (at least a good piece of steak) and it was the best thing I've ever tasted. I (now) prefer medium for burgers, too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #759
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,446 Posts
    Rare/medium-rare is my favorite, especially ribeye

I never take pictures of my food, and I am too lazy to buy groceries, but I'm going to try to get something good in here this week
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

40. Post #760
    Poached fish, butter sauce, mashed potatoes, and buttered veg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)