1. Post #41
    December 2010
    1,802 Posts
    Maybe you could make a table with positions for some maps?
    No point in that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,118 Posts
    I wouldn't suggest using a static jail location, I'd rather just build a fence around wherever the player is after freezing him, because your current code could mean the jail would be outside of the skybox or somewhere really remote if its not on the same map that you took the coordinates from.
    It builds the jail around the player incase you haven't tested this .
    For that you deserve a nice ol' brown box.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Italy Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    It builds the jail around the player incase you haven't tested this .
    For that you deserve a nice ol' brown box.
    What is the table of vectors for then?

4. Post #44
    April 2010
    760 Posts
    Offsets from the player.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,118 Posts
    :eng99:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Italy Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    I should have read the full file before posting :saddowns:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,118 Posts
    Exactly.

Edited:

And give me credits in OP post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Italy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,429 Posts
    Finally, an admin mod that comes MySQL-ready out of the box! And the derma is beautiful too!

I'm going to give this a try when I get my PC in 5 days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    January 2011
    105 Posts
    Finally, an admin mod that comes MySQL-ready out of the box! And the derma is beautiful too!

I'm going to give this a try when I get my PC in 5 days.

he got grounded for bullying kids at school :(

10. Post #50
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    he got grounded for bullying kids at school :(
    His parents need to kontrol him a little bit more then.

:drum:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Zing Zing x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,118 Posts
    He didn't want to do his homework, silly boy.

12. Post #52
    January 2011
    105 Posts
    His parents need to kontrol him a little bit more then.

:drum:
    :bravo:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,118 Posts
    Suggest me some plugins ok?

14. Post #54
    January 2011
    105 Posts
    big fucking red thing plugin :smugdog:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    Noclip, Prop Protection, Gag (Chat Mute), Ignite, Explode, Bring, Goto

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,118 Posts
    Will do (except from Prop Protection)

17. Post #57
    February 2011
    599 Posts
    Isn't prop protection a more stand-alone thing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    April 2010
    760 Posts
    In my opinion prop protection should be handled by the gamemode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #59
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    Yeah personally I'd advise against depending on an admin mod for gamemode functions, but I'm really just looking for any kind of plugin I can throw up on the OP.

20. Post #60
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    3,978 Posts
    This is a interesting admin mod, it looks nice too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,118 Posts
    Take ASSMod for an example, it has a prop protection plugin built in, but it sucks.
    If you want a prop protection addon you should go with standalone stuff, anyway I've finished bring and goto.

22. Post #62
    April 2010
    254 Posts
    It's a bit optimistic but here it goes :)

A strikeout plugin :O
    -Simply, whenever a player is banned (Or they are banned for over 24hours), they recieve one strike point which is added to their account
    -Once the player reaches the strikeout limit they are permently banned from the server
    -The strikeout limit is set via a variable that can be changed in the menu
    -Also have commands to set (Add/Remove) points from a players SteamID or however kontrol registers and stores player details

Hope you take this into account, and I feel if included and enabled with MySQL it would be great as server owners could control this system via their website aswell and therefore be able to add points to players without them being ingame :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    It's a bit optimistic but here it goes :)

A strikeout plugin :O
    -Simply, whenever a player is banned (Or they are banned for over 24hours), they recieve one strike point which is added to their account
    -Once the player reaches the strikeout limit they are permently banned from the server
    -The strikeout limit is set via a variable that can be changed in the menu
    -Also have commands to set (Add/Remove) points from a players SteamID or however kontrol registers and stores player details

Hope you take this into account, and I feel if included and enabled with MySQL it would be great as server owners could control this system via their website aswell and therefore be able to add points to players without them being ingame :)
    Sounds like a really simple yet effective plugin, thanks for the idea!
    All I have to do is kill you so that when I start charging a monthly subscription fee to use this plugin, nobody will know you are the original author..

24. Post #64
    April 2010
    254 Posts
    Sounds like a really simple yet effective plugin, thanks for the idea!
    All I have to do is kill you so that when I start charging a monthly subscription fee to use this plugin, nobody will know you are the original author..
    Sounds good :P

25. Post #65
    April 2008
    1,318 Posts
    I like the slogan a lot, it's pretty catchy. Also the colours of the UI aren't bad at all like Prefan's is (can't remember the name) Exsto.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    December 2009
    965 Posts
    I'm sick of all the admin mods being created recently but daaaammmn this looks sexy.

Rated artistic.

EDIT:

A suggest as well for people who are too shit with lua to even work this:

Code:
    if !pl:KAdmin() && !pl:KModerator() then return end
    I reckon you can have "Default" settings for who gets to use the commands and you can set permissions in the derma menu.
    (My opinion to change shit on the fly instead of having to restart the server again and again)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    April 2010
    760 Posts
    I have a small suggestion, you should override the default IsAdmin and IsSuperAdmin commands, so this can be used with gamemodes and stuff without having to change too much.

28. Post #68
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,429 Posts
    I'm sick of all the admin mods being created recently but daaaammmn this looks sexy.

Rated artistic.

EDIT:

A suggest as well for people who are too shit with lua to even work this:

Code:
    if !pl:KAdmin() && !pl:KModerator() then return end
    I reckon you can have "Default" settings for who gets to use the commands and you can set permissions in the derma menu.
    (My opinion to change shit on the fly instead of having to restart the server again and again)
    return !pl:KAdmin() and !pl:KModerator()
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

29. Post #69
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    return !pl:KAdmin() and !pl:KModerator()
    Then the function would always instantly return and never be run.

Edited:

Also, good news! Loures has volunteered to help develop kontrol since I'm too busy to really put all my effort into it. Say hello to your new kontrol developer, Loures :buddy:

30. Post #70
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,429 Posts
    -snip-

lua is shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,118 Posts
    I will add some plugins and fix some stuff whenever I get SVN access.

32. Post #72
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,429 Posts
    Then the function would always instantly return and never be run.

Edited:

Also, good news! Loures has volunteered to help develop kontrol since I'm too busy to really put all my effort into it. Say hello to your new kontrol developer, Loures :buddy:
    return pl:KAdmin() or pl:KModerator()
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,118 Posts
    Again, doing a return in a function returns the value and stops the function.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Italy Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #74
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,429 Posts
    He was doing "if player isnt an admin and isnt a moderator then stop function"

You can do it in a shorter way with how I did it. Return true if admin or moderator. errr, that should be !pl:KAdmin() and !pl:KModerator(). or IDK. But either way, it was shorter than his if statement.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,667 Posts

You can do it in a shorter way with how I did it. Return true if admin or moderator. errr, that should be !pl:KAdmin() and !pl:KModerator(). or IDK. But either way, it was shorter than his if statement.
    And doesn't run the rest of the code IN ANY CASE :downsbravo:

Don't blame your stupidity on Lua.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

36. Post #76
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts

GET OUT OF MY THREAD, SHOO, BE GONE WITH YOU.

Your stupid is leaking all over my freshly waxed floors, get out already!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny x 2Lua King x 1Late x 1Zing x 1Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #77
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,429 Posts
    No.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Late Late x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,693 Posts
    Listen 'ere, kiddo. Your scripting sucks something awful, and I'll explain why, so hang tight.

http://kontrol-mod.googlecode.com/sv...lugins/ban.lua

[list][*] This does not need to be a shared file, none of your so-called "plugins" do, all you're achieving with this structure is that you're sending all the serverside code to a client that doesn't need it, and forcing the serverside lua instance to parse (though not execute) your clientside code.[*] You're repeating code like this was an essay with a minimum word count that you couldn't figure out how to live up to. Throw the shit from SQL_ACTIVE outside of it, and keep the SQL query itself inside it. This goes for pretty much all(read: all) of your SQL code.[*] Globals, globals everywhere (Thanks CapsAdmin). It's pretty na´ve to think that no other addon, gamemode or lua file will ever use the global variable "Ban", "plugins" or "Kick". Use globals for crying out loud! You're not accessing them anywhere else but in this file! Better yet, skip the variable bit and feed the function straight into the call to concommand.Add.
    concommand.Add( "I'm a lousy coder", function(pl, cmd, args ) print( "It's true!" ) end )
    [*] On line 159 through 185, you seem to have caught a bad case of the Nullsquared. Use a table, this will make your life so much easier, and you can even reuse it when filling your menu on line 139![/list]

http://kontrol-mod.googlecode.com/sv...ua/cl_init.lua

[list][*] Throw all your functions, variables, whatnots and haveswhats in a global table, because

[list] [*] Nested lists, whatcha gonna do, bitch?[*] Lua doesn't have to look through a million Ban, BanMenu, kontrolMenu, MAIN_FRAME, etc. variables to find the one it's actually looking for[*] Makes your code neater[*] Safer, safer, safer, safer.[*] They're like locals, only they don't disappear when you turn your back.[/list][*] Create your menu once and then use the fancy-cool function "SetVisible" to make it seemingly fade in and out of existence, it's like magic with less bunnies.[/list]

http://kontrol-mod.googlecode.com/sv...er/kontrol.lua

[list][*] Do you have any idea what string.Explode does to the poor processor, not to what mention file.Read does to your harddrive?[*] And secondly, I- I'm just kidding bro, apart from the complete disinterest in minimizing the impact of your script on Gmod's performance, it's cool bro.[/list]

http://kontrol-mod.googlecode.com/sv...k/lua/init.lua
    http://kontrol-mod.googlecode.com/sv...ugins/mute.lua
    http://kontrol-mod.googlecode.com/sv...gins/unban.lua

[list][*] Don't[*] Send[*] Lua[*] "But it's just one string, no harm, right?" - Wrong. One string is 'kay, but there's more than one script running on a Gmod server or client at any given time, see. And if each of those wants to SendLua just one tiny string, it all adds up pretty fucking fast. If everyone stopped thinking "Just one string, it won't hurt" and started thinking "YES I CAN SAVE 100 BYTES BY NOT BEING A QUEER" Gmod would run noticeably faster (Won't get rid of Sleep(30000) though).[/list]

http://kontrol-mod.googlecode.com/sv...lua/shared.lua

hook.Add("Initialize", "InitKontrol", function()
        print("\n< kontrol initialized " .. (CLIENT && "client" || "server") .. "side >\n")
    end)

- If you absolutely must notify everyone of your adminmods existence.

Just because your adminmod was designed with "stupidly simplistic ideals in mind", doesn't mean it has to be simplistically stupid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Winner x 6Agree x 1Artistic x 1Useful x 1Lua Helper x 1Friendly x 1Zing x 1 (list)

39. Post #79
    April 2008
    1,318 Posts
    Dr Magnusson posted:
    good points
    I think all that is, in his opinion, "avoiding object-oriented programming, with which everyone else is obsessed".

40. Post #80
    CoderHire
    November 2007
    1,466 Posts
    I truly believe you just won.