1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,447 Posts
    I was wondering if I'm the only one that appreciates good old Japanese sports cars?

Classics like these:
    - Nissan Skyline
    - Toyota Supra
    - Mazda RX-7
    - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
    - Toyota MR2
    - Nissan Silvia/SX
    - Honda NSX
    - Subaru Impreza WRX STi
    - Honda Integra Type R
    - Mazda MX-5

I thought we could use this thread to discuss japanese cars. So I'll start off with the question, how many people in here owns a japanese (or somewhat japanese, like an eclipse, acura or something) car, that they find fun to drive?

I was personally drawn into the Honda universe after I bought my Civic. It's inexplainable really.

You know that feeling when you just love your car even with it's flaws? I love my car to death, and it's far from flawless, but it's a gokart to drive. I can't wait to drive it every morning i goto work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    590 Posts
    I love japanese cars, I originally planned to get a 200SX s13 after my E30... but then I did the engine swap so it would be more of a downgrade than an upgrade. Waiting until i can afford a BNR32 or a JZX100 Chaser Tourer V now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,447 Posts
    Yeah I'm considering getting a 200SX RS13 after my Honda, the only problem is, I love Honda's lol. I want to get either the RS13 or an EK4 VTi.

Edited:

PS13 would be nice too, just unrealistic for me

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    590 Posts
    I drove an EK4 about a year ago, was a lot fun but I really prefer RWD. But that's just me. The EK is more reliable though, unless you go for a SR20DET swap.

5. Post #5
    GAYLORD
    Wikipedia Vandilisation Contest Winner
    June 2005
    15,035 Posts
    fuck yes, 90's jap coupes all the way.

Edited:

i was going to start the jap club thread but u beat me!!!11

Edited:

ahh who else fits a rediculously large wing straight from the factory.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    October 2010
    11,591 Posts
    KPGC10 all the way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    590 Posts
    KPGC10 all the way.
    That's one of my dream cars. They cost a shitton of money though.

8. Post #8
    October 2010
    11,591 Posts
    That's one of my dream cars. They cost a shitton of money though.
    How much it costs?

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    590 Posts
    The last one I saw here was 90000 € ~125000 $, so more than a new GTR. I don't know about the japanese prices though, maybe a bit less.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,447 Posts
    The last one I saw here was 90000 € ~125000 $, so more than a new GTR. I don't know about the japanese prices though, maybe a bit less.
    I don't know about the old Skylines, but Supras are shit expensive in Japan. They're rare there now. I know a friend that imports JDM cars, and he's been there at an auction. There's not many performance cars left.

11. Post #11
    February 2010
    10,174 Posts
    The R32 and R34 GT-R Skylines are the most awesome cars ever

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/42/Nissan_Skyline_R32_GT-R_001.jpg
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/73/Nissan_Skyline_R34_GT-R_N%C3%BCr_001.jpg
    The shape is so perfect
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Ukraine Show Events Agree Agree x 12Friendly Friendly x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    GAYLORD
    Wikipedia Vandilisation Contest Winner
    June 2005
    15,035 Posts
    Agreed, don't like the R33. Too fat and ugly. The r34 is huge too, but has the muscle to back it up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    590 Posts
    Godzilla!

14. Post #14
    December 2009
    8,017 Posts

This will always be my favourite
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,310 Posts
    I've always loved Skylines and Evos in particular. I came damn close to owning an R32 Skyline as well, which has basically been my dream car since Gran Turismo came out

Although I tend to appreciate older muscle more these days, simply due to the fact that I'll probably rarely if ever hit the track.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,958 Posts
    i saw a mines evo 6 today

17. Post #17
    June 2007
    879 Posts
    I've always loved Skylines and Evos in particular. I came damn close to owning an R32 Skyline as well, which has basically been my dream car since Gran Turismo came out

Although I tend to appreciate older muscle more these days, simply due to the fact that I'll probably rarely if ever hit the track.
    I love the styling and the sheer power of muscle cars, but I can't appreciate a car that has dumbed down suspension. Theres something to be said for a car that can tripod its way through a corner at 50 miles an hour. Even if it only has 250 horse.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,595 Posts
    For the first time ever I saw a Nissan Stagea today, basically a wagon Skyline:

Was hella nice, and faster than the Lude
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    My favorite Jap car has always been the '76 Galant GTO.

I also like the R31 Skyline... Always liked it.

Anyways, as far as things I've owned, I've had an '82 Corolla with the 3TC (1800 Hemi), 5MGE Supra MKII, and I've had tons of Hondas.

The first car I ever bought was a '78 Honda Accord two door hatch, CVCC, with the CVCC engine blown. Did a swap for the EK1 (regular Accord motor, out of the 76-81, this was out of my other '80 HB that was wrecked, it was parts) and bought an '80 sedan for a 5-speed swap to get rid of the 2-speed Hondamatic... I put a lot of work in that car and ended up having to haul it off because the paperwork was bad on it... It's pretty depressing.

It was just like this

But purple.

I got an '81 Accord Sedan last year or so, it was in damn good condition, needed a dizzy. Got one for $10 at a salvage because they said it was junk. Slapped it in and she fired right up. I sold that car for $300 because I was down on money... Bought a civic hatch for $100 that needed put together (it sat in the woods for a couple years too) and then blew the rest on my ex (mistake, I guess).

The Civic I built up but traded off later for a 240SX. The 240SX had bad paperwork on it too. I still have the title to my civic... Might try to buy it back off the guy since he won't give me $50 for the title (I told him, since he screwed me out of the 240, I'd take $50 for the title since I got a bit of cash out of the 240 for hauling it off).

Anyways, sorry to ramble on. There are tons more Jap classic cars I've had, I just don't want to go into detail. I'm afraid it would take me a few days to ramble about everything. :3

20. Post #20
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,651 Posts
    I love some old FC Rx7's

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,310 Posts
    I love the styling and the sheer power of muscle cars, but I can't appreciate a car that has dumbed down suspension. Theres something to be said for a car that can tripod its way through a corner at 50 miles an hour. Even if it only has 250 horse.
    While that's true, and I love Japanese cars for their efficiency and speed, when I'm driving on the roads I don't need a car that can go around a corner at 40km/h, let alone 50mph. I just want something that looks and sounds nice, and has some character. As I said, if I ever hit the track, I'd want to be driving one of the cars in the OP.

22. Post #22
    I DON'T KNOW YOU. BUT I <3 YOU. SUCK ME OFF AGAIN PLZ
    July 2008
    1,799 Posts
    I actually love the R33s by Nissan, but I guess tastes differ.
    I also love the R32 and R34. :3:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,667 Posts

That's a kit, though. They don't come factory like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,948 Posts
    R33 is my favorite, R34 looks nice as well but it's still way to expensive. R32's look more dated than R33's, and I don't just mean the few years that actually separate them.

25. Post #25
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    I drive a 1987 Mazda RX7, It's an old FC like sim said however, unfortunately, is the non-turbo edition...Oh well. Still a fun as fuck car to drive, i look forward to starting it up each day.

I'm planning on giving it a nice satin-black paint job in the next week, look forward to some new photos when it's finished.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    January 2009
    1,853 Posts
    I like:

-R34/R32
    -FD/FC RX7s
    -I used to LOVE DC2/DC5 Integras

- The C10 Skyline 2000GT

Datsun/Nissan 240Z
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Volkswagen and Cigar Aficionado
    October 2006
    2,849 Posts
    Disturbing lack of CRX
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,497 Posts
    I think we're missing some MR-2

oh and I'm a huge faggot my bro has an automatic '93 supra in my garage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    February 2010
    10,174 Posts
    I want one anyway

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,595 Posts
    I know, the model I saw had an R32 front end, that was the first pic I found. Very rare cars in the UK.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,667 Posts
    I want one anyway
    So do I, as it's a wagon, and I'm in love with wagons.

32. Post #32
    February 2010
    3,297 Posts
    My daily driver. 85 Celica Supra.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    December 2009
    522 Posts
    This car is sexy. Classic Japanese automobile, the toyota 2000GT

34. Post #34
    December 2009
    8,017 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Estonia Show Events Late Late x 2Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

35. Post #35
    I DON'T KNOW YOU. BUT I <3 YOU. SUCK ME OFF AGAIN PLZ
    July 2008
    1,799 Posts
    That is fucking disgusting, even more so than the GTR.
    Something I never thought possible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8 (list)

36. Post #36
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,651 Posts
    I drive a 1987 Mazda RX7, It's an old FC like sim said however, unfortunately, is the non-turbo edition...Oh well. Still a fun as fuck car to drive, i look forward to starting it up each day.

I'm planning on giving it a nice satin-black paint job in the next week, look forward to some new photos when it's finished.
    Well at least yours doesn't have to be rebuilt every 50,000 miles like a turbo.

I say before you paint it to get a good front end made for fog lights and a turbo hood like the one above, used parts for them here are in good quantity.

Edited:

Also my aunt has one of these in green, I love the hell out of it.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,447 Posts
    I was at a tiny Honda owners meetup yesterday. Not much of a showup, but atleast there was 2 Type R's.

38. Post #38
    July 2009
    5,710 Posts
    Personally, I'm a stickler for Skylines and Impreazas

But the 240Z will always be my favorite Japanese classic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,447 Posts
    dat sun

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 10Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    748 Posts
    The R32 and R34 GT-R Skylines are the most awesome cars ever

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/42/Nissan_Skyline_R32_GT-R_001.jpg
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/73/Nissan_Skyline_R34_GT-R_N%C3%BCr_001.jpg
    The shape is so perfect
    What about the R35 GT-R? I think that also has a perfect shape.