1. Post #161
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    1,092 Posts
    Then manually resize the window to just before the HUD stretches. Thats what I do.
    But I need fullscreen for the full immersion experience :awesome:

2. Post #162
    own-fucking-zone
    April 2009
    4,016 Posts
    :ohdear:
    Why would you ever need to do that?

Anyway, I think someone should just contact notch about it, if it didn't happened already.
    I hope he'll fix that performance issue in the next update. You should try Optimine for the moment though.
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewto...hilit=Optimine
    I detonated around 16,000 TNT on my multiplayer server once. I host it on my computer. It only worked because I allowed it to use 4 of my 12 GB RAM. Why is this not possible with singleplayer?

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,157 Posts
    Like I said, the HUD stretches beyond a certain point (whether manually resized or simply maximized)
    There you go :)

Edited:

my minecraft always crashes the minute I logged in, and it says it's loading. this only started happening since the 1.3 patch.
    crashdump:
    Code:

Minecraft has crashed!      
          ----------------------      

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

If you wish to report this, please copy this entire text and email it to support@mojang.com.
    Please include a description of what you did when the error occured.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT a1dce528 --------
    Generated 2-3-11 18:09

Minecraft: Minecraft Beta 1.3_01
    Java: 1.6.0_21, Sun Microsystems Inc.
    VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
    LWJGL: 2.4.2
    OpenGL: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series version 4.1.10524 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.

java.nio.BufferOverflowException
    	at java.nio.DirectByteBuffer.put(Unknown Source)
    	at java.nio.ByteBuffer.put(Unknown Source)
    	at hf.a(SourceFile:148)
    	at hf.a(SourceFile:62)
    	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.x(SourceFile:366)
    	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:279)
    	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:632)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    --- END ERROR REPORT be93d92c ----------
    specs: amd hd5770
    intel i5 750 @2,9ghz
    6.0gb RAM@1300(DDR3)

should be enough
    Texture pack

Edited:

I detonated around 16,000 TNT on my multiplayer server once. I host it on my computer. It only worked because I allowed it to use 4 of my 12 GB RAM. Why is this not possible with singleplayer?
    AFAIK i think you can do this:

java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft.jar

I think it should work

(replace 1024 with something like 12288)

Edited:

is there any way to get minecraft to automatically create a backup file of my save in my dropbox folder every time it saves? would allow me to continue playing on my laptop a lot easier.
    cronjob + rdiff backup into the virtual folder
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

4. Post #164
    March 2010
    1,162 Posts
    I was instructed to come here to the megathread, oh the joy, Anyways, I was wondering how to make a Minecraft mirror so that I could play with my current mods. I dont want the game to update itself and lose all my mods. Anyone know how to do such a thing?

5. Post #165
    August 2010
    2,840 Posts

Texture pack
    fixed it, ty

6. Post #166
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,157 Posts
    I was instructed to come here to the megathread, oh the joy, Anyways, I was wondering how to make a Minecraft mirror so that I could play with my current mods. I dont want the game to update itself and lose all my mods. Anyone know how to do such a thing?
    Set all the files to read-only (if this doesnt work, set the mod's files to read-only)

Edited:

fixed it, ty
    np :)

7. Post #167
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    5,266 Posts
    Is there a way to make minecraft any faster on a netbook Asus EEE PC 1000h (Or 100h)

8. Post #168
    April 2010
    2,963 Posts
    firewall
    I both have an exception and have turned it off.

But don't even worry about it, I've been Googling this and evidently it's a common unfixable issue. Guess I'll just have to wait for Notch to fix it.

Too bad there are reports of it from a year ago so it's likely never going to happen.

9. Post #169
    April 2010
    2,494 Posts
    If anybody even reads these, I have the same problem. I use EldPack so it's not your texture pack. I also use Windows 7 64bit.
    I found a potential fix! See if you have the 32 bit version of Java installed. If so, uninstall it and install the 64 bit version. It's working just fine for me with the texture pack so far.

10. Post #170
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    1,092 Posts
    Thanks! :buddy:

e: This did work by the way, and I highly recommend it for anyone with a larger resolution

11. Post #171
    March 2010
    1,162 Posts
    Set all the files to read-only (if this doesnt work, set the mod's files to read-only))
    How do i do this, I'm sorry but I'm extremely amateur at this kind of stuff

12. Post #172
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    Yes hello I have a support question

Why is Minecraft so goddamn expensive?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

13. Post #173
    I get all these's strange outline's

How can I stop this?
    Please anyone?

14. Post #174
    April 2010
    2,494 Posts
    Please anyone?
    See if your graphics card is forcing Anti-Aliasing maybe?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #175
    December 2009
    2,179 Posts
    Yes hello I have a support question

Why is Minecraft so goddamn expensive?
    Minecraft is only 15 euro's, that is not expensive, it is cheap.

Edited:

Is there a way to make minecraft any faster on a netbook Asus EEE PC 1000h (Or 100h)
    Turn fancy graphics off, lighning to normal and render distance to normal, wait a few seconds when making a new world, as generating worlds is very laggy.

16. Post #176
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,987 Posts
    I really fucking hope Minecraft will be optimized. I can't detonate 150 TNT in singleplayer without it locking up completely. It's not like it uses any of my computer's resources, it's just so horridly done.

Edited:

Is it possible to launch singleplayer with more RAM?

Can you detonate 150 barrels in gmod without crashing/lagging a shit ton?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #177
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,965 Posts
    You can't compare Source to Minecraft. In Source, detonating loads of barrels consists of many complex physics calculations. In Minecraft, detonating loads of tnts just consists of deleting blocks - something which you'd expect a game revolving around deleting blocks to be good at.

Edited:

And source does a better job of it, too..

18. Post #178
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,157 Posts
    How do i do this, I'm sorry but I'm extremely amateur at this kind of stuff
    Windows : right-click > properties > there should be a read-only checkbox
    This stops minecraft from modifying or removing the files

Edited:

Yes.

Edited:

Minecraft is only 15 euro's, that is not expensive, it is cheap.

Edited:

Turn fancy graphics off, lighning to normal and render distance to normal, wait a few seconds when making a new world, as generating worlds is very laggy.
    optimine

Edited:

Please anyone?
    Turn off forced AA in you graphics card's control panel

fucking :ninja:

19. Post #179
    October 2010
    227 Posts
    Wait...are you serious? Is there any way to like, change that without buying new RAM? I just bought that RAM :saddowns:
    no its fine, its ddr ram so speccy displays the frequency as half of what it actually is. your ram is 1066hz, which is fine.

20. Post #180
    June 2010
    255 Posts
    is there a website or a program that can let me make a layout of what I want to build before I actually build it in the game?

21. Post #181
    August 2010
    4,502 Posts
    :smith:

I got a new 1600x1050 monitor and now I get color bleeding on move/camera move and where black would be and at night I only see blue-blacks and black. What do?

22. Post #182
    July 2009
    1,095 Posts
    Ok, so AFAIK, the monster spawning limits are no less than 25 blocks away, but no more than 80. That being said, is that in a spherical pattern, or like a box? Like, is the 25 and 80 blocks applied diagonally, or is it handled like a block of water irrigating farmland?

23. Post #183
    July 2009
    2,424 Posts
    is there a website or a program that can let me make a layout of what I want to build before I actually build it in the game?
    I don't think so, but if you use MCEdit, you can clear out a set area and even start to place the foundation for your structure. Just discovered this and it helps a shit ton.

24. Post #184
    July 2009
    1,158 Posts
    Hey guys I have a problem with the exe. Whenever I run it the window opens up but it is instantly just black and if you click on it it will be non-responsive. I've tried re-installing java, reinstalling my GPU drivers, running it with and without catalyst, deleting the bin folder then finally deleting the entire .minecraft file. When I closed the executable (end process) I noticed that it made an empty .minecraft file if that helps at all. Also when I go to the minecraft website the in browser works like a charm but I can't view my player in the skin window and when I get the link to show others my skin it just gives me a page that says "apparently not". Anyway My specs are below and I hope somebody knows how to fix this because I really just want to be able to play the game again, it's been a long time since I've been able to run the exe. . .

MODEL: hp dv7-2185dx
    CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q9000 @ 2.00 GHz
    RAM: 6.00 GB
    GPU : ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
    GPU Drivers: Ver. 8.821.0.0 (1/26/2011)
    Catalyst : Ver 11.2

25. Post #185
    September 2005
    12,349 Posts
    Ok, so AFAIK, the monster spawning limits are no less than 25 blocks away, but no more than 80. That being said, is that in a spherical pattern, or like a box? Like, is the 25 and 80 blocks applied diagonally, or is it handled like a block of water irrigating farmland?
    Spherical from what I've heard.

26. Post #186
    July 2009
    1,095 Posts
    Ah, thank you.

27. Post #187
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    11,440 Posts
    Gah, since the latest update, Minecraft has been throwing a hissy fit. I've completely reinstalled it several times and no little fixes have worked.

Whenever I play now, it feels really, really sluggish regardless of settings. My FPS has dropped a ton and even when it is at around 50-70, it still looks and feels incredibly slow and chunky. That isn't my only problem though, it randomly blackscreens now, which it never did beforehand.

My specs:

EVGA Gforce 460 GTX 768 Mb

Intel Core2Quade 8400 2.66

4 Gigs of DDR2 ram.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #188
    April 2010
    2,494 Posts
    That isn't my only problem though, it randomly blackscreens now, which it never did beforehand.
    I managed to stop the black screen crashes by uninstalling Java and installing the 64 bit version (I'm running Windows 7 64 bit.) It seems mineceaft doesn't like the 32 bit version on a 64 bit OS.

29. Post #189
    Bitch please, i am FABULOUS
    July 2008
    1,374 Posts
    Does anyone know the minimum CPU needed to not lagg in multiplayer?

Because on my old pc, which i am doomed since my other one broke, has some lagg issues.
    Raising the CPU priority at the task manager helped me sometimes reducing the lagg.

30. Post #190
    CD drives eject stuff, my ass ejects stuff, therefore my ass must be a CD drive.
    July 2009
    4,592 Posts
    Hey, I'm running a server, and I'd like to know how to change the spawn.

The problem is, the area of spawn is too wide (I'd like to change it anyway) and I want it to just be just one block. I have bukkit and WorldEdit, how can I accomplish this?

Thanks!

31. Post #191
    July 2009
    655 Posts
    The Launcher no longer lets me log on, but the weird thing is I can log onto the site perfectly fine. Help?

32. Post #192
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,965 Posts
    The Launcher no longer lets me log on, but the weird thing is I can log onto the site perfectly fine. Help?
    The database server is down... again. Try and use the old launcher if you can, otherwise, wait.

33. Post #193
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    November 2005
    16,752 Posts
    The database server is down... again. Try and use the old launcher if you can, otherwise, wait.
    The old launcher is so more reliable than the new one.
    Why they decided to have it display news on the front is beyond me, it should be a optional section to look at once you've logged in.

34. Post #194
    Diamond Member
    January 2009
    8,179 Posts

It's happening again. I fixed it last time by deleting my .minecraft folder and updating java.

Just deleted my .minecraft folder and updated java. No such luck. It's hard to manage a minecraft server when I cant play minecraft.

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,756 Posts
    I was building in Saza's server by myself and I got the error "Internal Exception: java.io.IOException: mark/reset not supported".
    Now it happens several seconds after reconnecting. Is this down to me or the server?
    On a side note, jesus christ I lost over 1400 posts when those subforums were removed.

36. Post #196
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,692 Posts

what am I doing wrong here why isn't that port open yet

37. Post #197
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    1,419 Posts
    Haven't played minecraft for a few weeks, and now the downloaded version will just ctd after the splash screen. Browser version turns blank after the splash screen. What to do? Could it be Java?

Edited:

Updated Java, problem persists.
    I'm not getting any error message.

Edited:

It seems to have been the texture pack.

Edited:

Yup. It was the texture pack.

38. Post #198
    August 2010
    1,152 Posts
    I'm having trouble with networking on my computer. I've had the server working before but I recently formatted so I lost the server folder I had.

I have a new-ish modem and it was working fine before that. There must be something I can do to fix this?

39. Post #199
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    11,440 Posts
    I managed to stop the black screen crashes by uninstalling Java and installing the 64 bit version (I'm running Windows 7 64 bit.) It seems mineceaft doesn't like the 32 bit version on a 64 bit OS.
    Unfortunately that did not work, it's still really laggy and crashy.

40. Post #200
    September 2009
    5,113 Posts
    Is there any way I can boost my FPS? Since the Beta is out the game is unplayable :frown: