1. Post #201
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,785 Posts
    Can't hear any sound in my mo creatures can someone help?

2. Post #202
    Antichristian Heathen Icelandic Bastard
    June 2008
    5,676 Posts
    My DefaultCommands stopped working all of a sudden so I decided to just try and use Essentials.

Apparently I have no access to the "cheats" section of it. Cant spawn trees, items etc.

I use group manager and for permissions in both I use -'*' with correct formatting. What's the problem?

3. Post #203
    March 2011
    3 Posts
    Does anyone know the minimum CPU needed to not lagg in multiplayer?

Because on my old pc, which i am doomed since my other one broke, has some lagg issues.
    Raising the CPU priority at the task manager helped me sometimes reducing the lagg.
    it is not about your PC only...

the multiplayer server must be close to your location. eg. if you are in ohio, you should use a chicago based minecraft server..

4. Post #204
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    187 Posts
    Where can i find a flat map for minecraft?
    ive tried 10 different map editors and i cant get anything to work
    ive used google and searched for hours but i cant find a flat map for dl anywhere....

5. Post #205
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,842 Posts
    Is there any way I can boost my FPS? Since the Beta is out the game is unplayable :frown:
    Optimine, normal render, fancy graphics off yada yada.
    PROTIP: Wait for a few seconds after spawning, generating worlds is REALLY laggy

6. Post #206
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,855 Posts
    URGENT ISSUE WITH MY SERVER, PLEASE READ
    Alright, we have some sort of hacker on our server who uses some sort of name spoofing tool. I banned the IP and that seems to have stopped him, but I don't know what to do if he comes back.
    Help?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #207
    December 2007
    1,635 Posts
    Alright, this is getting ridiculous.

Recently I've been experiencing black-screen crashes that occur roughly every thirty minutes or less.

I've researched this issue, and at first thought it was my "very far" render setting, since so many said it was an issue, but while that seemed to work for a while, it's since been happening anyway.

Looked at some posts here and saw something about deleting the bin, but I'm confused.

I access Minecraft directly through the .exe file, and while I know the game has to download updates, I've never seen an entry under programs in either the 64 bit or x86 sections, so I don't know where this bin file even is.

Prior to anything being asked, let me clarify that I doubt VERY much that these crashes are due to deficiencies in my hardware. My computer runs Windows 7 64-bit on an i7 870, with 8gbs if DDR3 and the full 1gb version of the GTX 460 graphics card. I'm PRETTY sure I can handle anything Minecraft can throw at me.

I'll keep looking, but by reinstall, do you mean COMPLETE uninstall and reinstall, or just a repair-install after deleting the bin?

8. Post #208
    JWJ
    Meepwnd
    April 2010
    3,322 Posts
    URGENT ISSUE WITH MY SERVER, PLEASE READ
    Alright, we have some sort of hacker on our server who uses some sort of name spoofing tool. I banned the IP and that seems to have stopped him, but I don't know what to do if he comes back.
    Help?
    server.properties
    is offline-mode=true

9. Post #209
    December 2007
    1,635 Posts
    Fuck this game! FUCK EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!!!

I backed up my saves, deleted the roaming data and redownloaded everything, and when I entered my world it fucking drowned me in solid rock and lost my items!!!!!

So I deleted the current saves and pasted in saves from the previous version, and somehow it used the same fucking saves where all my items are gone!!!

What the fuck!! That's bullshit! I've seen people blow up everything in their worlds and then come back in another video saying they'd backed it up and hadn't really ruined their work!!'

If it sounds like I'm pissed, you have no idea. I can't communicate it properly over text. For context, this made me rage so hard I knocked over a fan and broke it. So what did these people have to do not to fuck-over their saves?

The good news is none of my structures were hurt and I have a few blocks worth of diamonds and about 100 blocks of iron in chests, but I'm still pissed off since I don't know where I was and my items aren't exactly going to surface to show me.

10. Post #210
    IT WAS ONLY $1 SO WHY NOT BUY A TITLE?
    March 2007
    3,102 Posts
    Launcher won't login. Can login fine on the site and play from browser. Tried re-downloading launcher, still not working.
    It occasionally just keeps saying "Logging in" or it will say "Could not connect to minecraft.net" but I can go on the site and play from there fine.

11. Post #211
    BIG TITLE
    November 2009
    7,562 Posts
    Launcher won't login. Can login fine on the site and play from browser. Tried re-downloading launcher, still not working.
    It occasionally just keeps saying "Logging in" or it will say "Could not connect to minecraft.net" but I can go on the site and play from there fine.
    Everyone has this problem right now. Just wait it out.

Edited:

I got it working but I don't have any sound. Help.

Edited:

I cut down a tree and the sound came back nevermind.

12. Post #212
    Insert title here

December 2005
    3,657 Posts
    I'm getting this really stupid issue where i'm halfway playing through Minecraft, then the launcher goes black and freezes. I still have my items after i've reloaded, but most of the terrain that i've altered goes back to normal.

Well it sometimes resets the default terrain and sometimes it doesn't.

13. Post #213
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    12,878 Posts
    Bump (so that more people use this thread!)

14. Post #214
    June 2007
    161 Posts
    I'm getting this really stupid issue where i'm halfway playing through Minecraft, then the launcher goes black and freezes. I still have my items after i've reloaded, but most of the terrain that i've altered goes back to normal.

Well it sometimes resets the default terrain and sometimes it doesn't.
    I think I'm getting this problem too.

After about 5 mins of playing, the game randomly freezes and the screen turns black. I have to end the process to close it.

http://i.imgur.com/6DEmq.png
    halp pls.

15. Post #215
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,855 Posts
    server.properties
    is offline-mode=true
    I know I'm late on this, and we dealt with the problem by banning the Ip (the griefer was too retarded to learn to change it?). Our says Online-mode=false . Should that be enabled?

16. Post #216
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,647 Posts
    I made a post in the Minecraft Forums about my problem, maybe you guys will be of better assistance.
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewto...?f=17&t=237195

17. Post #217
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,647 Posts
    I fixed my own problem. I had to change the Depth Buffer Bit Depth in my Graphics settings to it's highest value and it fixed my problems.

18. Post #218
    I LIKE BIG DUCKS AND I CANNOT LIE, YOU OTHER QUACKS CAN'T DENY
    December 2008
    13,247 Posts
    Minecraft closes right after the Mojang logo

Ubuntu 10.10

19. Post #219
    May 2010
    772 Posts
    I need help, A friend of mine bought an account back when it was alpha and gave it to me as he no longer wants it. I've been playing on his account for over 5 months and now it shows up as 'account not premium' whenever I try to login through the client, as well as logging in from the website itself. I'm worried that I won't be able to get premium status on this account ever again.

20. Post #220
    CP doesn't necessarily have to have a victim, it's just that 99.9% of the time it does. The thing with pedos is that they've been demonized to be horrible no matter what, and I don't think that's the case.
    April 2006
    16,100 Posts
    hey minecraft problem

my netbook could play minecraft fine a few months ago, but now it's so laggy it's unplayable. i'm talking like it used to be 30 and now it's 9 with bouts of .5 FPS every time i move. i also installed optimine and the CLK mod or whatever, and it gives me a constant framerate of about 12. which is better than a slideshow but uhh excuse me i used to be able to play the game fine (on short view distance too, now i can't even do it on tiny wtf)

Edited:

I need help, A friend of mine bought an account back when it was alpha and gave it to me as he no longer wants it. I've been playing on his account for over 5 months and now it shows up as 'account not premium' whenever I try to login through the client, as well as logging in from the website itself. I'm worried that I won't be able to get premium status on this account ever again.
    premium?

21. Post #221
    Taylor Gang
    September 2007
    1,046 Posts
    I've been trying to install modloader so I can get other mods but after i drag the files into minecraft.jar and delete that META inf thing it still doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?

22. Post #222
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,950 Posts
    I've been trying to install modloader so I can get other mods but after i drag the files into minecraft.jar and delete that META inf thing it still doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?
    How do you know it doesn't work?What are you trying to do?

23. Post #223
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,506 Posts
    Does anyone know where I can buy a cheap minecraft server for 3 - 5 people?

Nevermind just got Brohoster for $4 a month!

24. Post #224
    July 2009
    1,498 Posts
    I try to start Minecraft and it says

Updating Minecraft

Done loading

and the loading bar is almost full.

It never gets done.

I have tried to reinstall Java, nothing happens.

25. Post #225
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,785 Posts
    My minecraft keep blackscreening on Fancy settings and Xing out on Fast settings. What do I do? It happens every 3 minutes.

26. Post #226
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,944 Posts
    Hi so i got a problem with openening ports. I've posted 2 posts in the minecraft chat megathread and got directed here so i will copy what was said there:

Can someone help me with a problem? So i'm trying to host a server over internet for my friends. But the problem is that the port is closed even though i have done everything possible to have it opened. I have opened it in my router(Netgear WNR 2000 btw), i have opened in my firewall, but still it doesn't even work.
    Answer: http://www.canyouseeme.org/

Check there. If it says your port is not open, it's not open. Turn windows firewall off if you have it (Third-party firewalls are much better). Make sure you opened the correct ports in your router.

The Windows Firewall is turned off. I even turned off my third part firewall(F-Secure) But it still said the port was closed.
    Answer: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/106...-Megathread-V1

I'm no expert so try asking there.

27. Post #227
    March 2011
    3,992 Posts
    When I try installing texture packs, it doesn't appear in the Mod and Textures menu. If I compress it into .zip file, it appears, but stays gray and nothing changes.

When I installed Doku through the HD patcher, it over rided the default textures.

28. Post #228
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,647 Posts
    I try to start Minecraft and it says

Updating Minecraft

Done loading

and the loading bar is almost full.

It never gets done.

I have tried to reinstall Java, nothing happens.
    Try deleting the .Minecraft/bin folder.

29. Post #229
    Taylor Gang
    September 2007
    1,046 Posts
    How do you know it doesn't work?What are you trying to do?
    I do the same thing with the mod I was trying to install and nothing happens.

30. Post #230
    Contains Vitamin K!
    January 2011
    6,739 Posts
    Hi there, I am using Mac OS X and wondering if anyone can help me mod Minecraft.

I am currently trying to install 'The inside job' which is here: http://preble.github.com/InsideJob/
    It's a mod that will let me edit my inventory. It looks really good, but I am having troubles installing it.
    First of all, I HAVE installed 'Unarchiver'. I have also googled it countless times and looked for the solution right here on the Minecraft forums.
    I read that I need to open Minecraft.jar using Unarchiver. I cannot do this because it is a .zip, not a .jar.
    All the troubleshooting 'solutions' mention .jar and yet nothing of .zip.
    I can open it with Archive utility, however. Will this affect anything?
    I am 100% prepared to lose my savegames.

Also, if you have nay more info on 'The Inside Job' please let me know :)
    First time doing this by the way.

31. Post #231
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,808 Posts
    Would this be the correct thread to ask for advice on creating an Adventure Map that people can download and play?

32. Post #232
    January 2010
    1,048 Posts
    I need some help!

Whenever I join a server after about 5 minuets Minecraft will freeze then after about 2 seconds my hole computer freezes.

What do I do!

33. Post #233
    January 2010
    1,048 Posts
    Can someone please help?

34. Post #234
    December 2009
    4,973 Posts
    LWC is having some sort of conflict with Permissions when a default player tries to lock a chest.
    When given admin rights it works perfectly.
    After it tells the player to punch the chest, and the player punches it, this happens:
    Code:
    2011-04-01 14:32:33 [SEVERE] Could not pass event BLOCK_DAMAGE to LWC
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.nijiko.permissions.PermissionHandler.getGroup(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;
    	at com.griefcraft.lwc.LWC.getProtectionLimits(LWC.java:429)
    	at com.griefcraft.lwc.LWC.enforceProtectionLimits(LWC.java:394)
    	at com.griefcraft.listeners.LWCBlockListener.blockTouched(LWCBlockListener.java:471)
    	at com.griefcraft.listeners.LWCBlockListener.onBlockDamage(LWCBlockListener.java:98)
    	at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$23.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:300)
    	at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
    	at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:255)
    	at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callBlockDamageEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:180)
    	at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.a(ItemInWorldManager.java:87)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:356)
    	at net.minecraft.server.Packet14BlockDig.a(SourceFile:42)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:198)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:72)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:368)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:283)
    	at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)
    they can still use any other LWC commands such as /cinfo and /cremove

Here is my Permissions file:
    Code:
    groups:
        Default:
            default: true
            info:
                prefix: ''
                suffix: ''
                build: true
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'essentials.sethome'
                - 'essentials.home'
                - 'essentials.warp'
                - 'essentials.mail'
                - 'essentials.mail.send'
                - 'essentials.signs.heal.use'
                - 'essentials.signs.free.use'
                - 'essentials.signs.disposal.use'
                - 'essentials.signs.mail.use'
                - 'lwc.protect'
                - 'essentials.help'
                - 'essentials.signs.trade.use'
                - 'essentials.signs.trade.create'
                - 'essentials.signs.buy.use'
                - 'essentials.signs.sell.use'
                - 'essentials.tpaccept'
                - 'essentials.tpdeny'
                - 'essentials.balance'
                - 'essentials.pay'
                - 'essentials.msg'
                - 'essentials.afk'
                - 'essentials.me'
                - 'essentials.list'
                - 'essentials.helpop'
                - 'essentials.suicide'
        Admins:
            default: false
            info:
                prefix: ''
                suffix: ''
                build: true
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - '*'
    users:
        str4fe114:
            group: Admins
            permissions:
                - '*'

35. Post #235
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,737 Posts
    Hey there Minecrafters, I'm not sure if you know this but recently I found an amazing tip to help performance greatly! (Only applies to multi-core processor systems)

-Open Minecraft
    -Open task manager and right click javaw.exe
    -Click 'Set Affinity'
    -Now, make sure only one core is selected
    -Press okay

This is because Minecraft has horrible multi-core support, having only one core selected makes the game run great. Now enjoy your (near) lag-less Minecraft!

36. Post #236
    January 2010
    1,048 Posts
    Hey there Minecrafters, I'm not sure if you know this but recently I found an amazing tip to help performance greatly! (Only applies to multi-core processor systems)

-Open Minecraft
    -Click 'Set Affinity'
    -Press okay

This is because Minecraft has horrible multi-core support, having only one core selected makes the game run great. Now enjoy your (near) lag-less Minecraft!
    HOLY SHIT!

Thank you so much minecraft lagged pretty bad now it runs fairly well!

Pair this with Optimine and i should be able to play on fancy really good!

Edited:

Also I still need help.

Whenever I join a server I now get the fucking blue screen of death :smith:

37. Post #237
    December 2009
    4,973 Posts

-Open Minecraft
    -Click 'Set Affinity'
    -Press okay

It runs better with all cores on my AMD Phenom II 955BE - 3.4GHz @4 cores

38. Post #238
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    12,878 Posts
    Bump.

39. Post #239
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,366 Posts
    Stick this, Sweb.

40. Post #240
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,842 Posts
    why isnt this sticky?

Also, is it possible to prevent a person from joining my server if they are using a mod or are using a texture pack?