1. Post #401
    September 2009
    7,334 Posts
    So i've been looking up servers, mostly PVP or RP, and attempting to join those without whitelists (because i'm too lazy to sign up for forum after forum). When I get onto the server, any server, however, I meet a bizarre problem; the very starting spawn area and other player messages show perfectly fine, but I can't post anything in the chatbox, everything beyond the spawn is literally missing (and I can fall into an abyss by walking off), and the server auto-disconnects me after around twenty-thirty seconds. This has occurred on five servers and at least two repeated attempts each, with no successes. The bad part about is that a few months ago (around May), I could connect to servers without this problem.

2. Post #402
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,770 Posts
    Alright, I'm sure this has been asked a ton of times, but is there any way to get the Biospheres mod working in SMP? I've been looking all over, and have found some servers that have done it, but I've got no idea how.

3. Post #403
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    My server that I rent can only handle one player or something. When another player joins both of them get this error:
    Internal exception: java.net.socket.exception: Software caused connection abort: recv failed

4. Post #404
    The King Of Zing
    September 2009
    14,898 Posts
    Help, My minecraft is filled with blocks and low quality textures!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #405
    April 2010
    1,340 Posts
    Probably asked 1k times before but why the fuck can't other players connect to my Bukkit server over hamachi? I have all the right settings and it have worked before. Normal server works fine.

6. Post #406

July 2011
    15 Posts
    Hey Guys.

I play minecraft with my friend locally, where when he's online he has it set up and I connect to him, and when he's offline I get the files, so I can run the server locally. Now, I'm running it off my mac and I connect with the ip 127.0.0.1 (localhost). But when I'm hosting myself, everytime I try to connect with my account, the server GUI says this:

[SEVERE] Unexpected exception
    java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    at fb.a(SourceFile:21)
    at fo.b(SourceFile:64)
    at iq.a(SourceFile:24)
    at iq.a(SourceFile:24)
    at ag.a(SourceFile:46)
    at hb.a(SourceFile:29)
    at he.e(SourceFile:107)
    at he.c(SourceFile:60)
    at y.<init>(SourceFile:35)
    at oo.a(SourceFile:184)
    at oo.a(SourceFile:250)
    at fc.c(SourceFile:107)
    at ee.b(SourceFile:135)
    at ee.a(SourceFile:50)
    at cu.a(SourceFile:91)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(SourceFile: 378)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run
    However, when I try to connect with my other account (really my brothers), this doesn't happen. So, it's an issue bound only to my own account and when connecting with it. Now, when my friend hosts there's no problems, yet when I do there is. I thought, maybe the playerfile for my account is corrupt but then again, it works when my friend hosts.

Now when it locks up it says Memory Usage: 123 mb (0% free), which would indicate I guess that my system's only throwing minecraft-server.jar 123 MB RAM to use, which I find odd. It should be able to make use of all the RAM no? Anyway, I got no idea how to solve this. Maybe some of you do? Thanks

7. Post #407
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    7,975 Posts
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I bought a minecraft gift code a few weeks ago and gave it to a friend. It doesn't work, and we've made sure we're entering the code right. I contacted support and received an e-mail saying they received the help request. That was over two weeks ago and I've yet to hear anything back. How long does it usually take support to get back to you, anyone know?

8. Post #408
    July 2009
    1,503 Posts
    Guys, I really need some help with my jar files not being run normally.
    A Windows Command Prompt window comes up with nothing for a second, then gets filled with some text and then closes. And I really want to install YogBox.
    :gonk:

9. Post #409

July 2011
    38 Posts
    Alright, I'm sure this has been asked a ton of times, but is there any way to get the Biospheres mod working in SMP? I've been looking all over, and have found some servers that have done it, but I've got no idea how.
    They generated the map in single player and then used that map in SMP.

10. Post #410
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    BUMPING on my own!
    Me duh posted:
    My server that I rent can only handle one player or something. When another player joins both of them get this error:
    Internal exception: java.net.socket.exception: Software caused connection abort: recv failed

11. Post #411
    November 2008
    903 Posts
    I bought a "Servercraft" server a few weeks back and it's been running great! But is there anyway to get Mo' Creatures working on it?

12. Post #412
    IIT: Questions, No answers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #413
    July 2009
    2,424 Posts
    I have been spending so much time trying to get mods to work for the game. I have installed modloader and audio mod into my minecraft, but nothing seems to have changed. Could anyone post an indepth guide, or maybe by pictures on how to get mods to work in minecraft?

14. Post #414
    Head Poster
    April 2009
    1,764 Posts
    I need a mod that will remove the death screen, and instead automatically respawn you, in SP and SMP - Can anyone help?

15. Post #415
    March 2010
    543 Posts
    Alright, I'm just about to give up on this. I bought Minecraft about 2-3 weeks ago. I couldn't login after I had bought it, so I tried buying it again. I thought maybe the transaction just didn't go through. So I tried logging in after I bought it for the second time, and it still gives me the message "user not premium." I emailed Mojang support, but they didn't respond. I posted on Mojang's support forum, but just got a bunch of dumbass responses telling me to buy Minecraft. I was pretty pissed and at a loss of what to do. I was following the art director for Minecraft on Twitter at the time, so I tweeted him a synopsis of my problem. He told me to email some other lead guy on the Minecraft team. And so I did. He still hasn't responded. Is there absolutely no way for me to play Minecraft? I don't know what to do.

16. Post #416
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,852 Posts
    I've fallen in love with Fedora but my Minecraft has an average of 11 FPS now =(. It runs with around 40-60 on my Windows, am I doing something wrong? I gave Minecraft 1 GB of RAM as recommended..

Fedora 15 btw.

17. Post #417
    July 2009
    2,424 Posts
    Alright, I'm just about to give up on this. I bought Minecraft about 2-3 weeks ago. I couldn't login after I had bought it, so I tried buying it again. I thought maybe the transaction just didn't go through. So I tried logging in after I bought it for the second time, and it still gives me the message "user not premium." I emailed Mojang support, but they didn't respond. I posted on Mojang's support forum, but just got a bunch of dumbass responses telling me to buy Minecraft. I was pretty pissed and at a loss of what to do. I was following the art director for Minecraft on Twitter at the time, so I tweeted him a synopsis of my problem. He told me to email some other lead guy on the Minecraft team. And so I did. He still hasn't responded. Is there absolutely no way for me to play Minecraft? I don't know what to do.
    I had the same problem, but I was updated to premium without even sending an email. Try verifying your forum account, mine started working when I did that.

18. Post #418
    July 2010
    628 Posts
    I've fallen in love with Fedora but my Minecraft has an average of 11 FPS now =(. It runs with around 40-60 on my Windows, am I doing something wrong? I gave Minecraft 1 GB of RAM as recommended..

Fedora 15 btw.
    Try the Optifine mod, it optimizes minecraft and adds a lot more options if your computer cannot handle the default settings.

19. Post #419
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,852 Posts
    Try the Optifine mod, it optimizes minecraft and adds a lot more options if your computer cannot handle the default settings.
    It can perfectly fine on Windows, Fedora is the issue

20. Post #420
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,402 Posts
    Chunk update errors, i have cases of ghost blocks(i break a block, it's apparently still there), and sometimes holes in the world, also some chunks stay lighted after dark, and by some, i mean the vast majority, and i've reinstalled, and redownloaded the .exe several times.

21. Post #421
    Ask me about my secret society of Jihadist Mexican Lobsters
    July 2010
    1,270 Posts
    I'm playing along in minecraft when all of a sudden, it crashes at random. I have to open Task Manager and kill the process to close it. It's using about 900MB of RAM.

I would appreciate a helping hand with this issue.

22. Post #422
    Yoshi Member
    June 2010
    2,292 Posts
    Hey guys, I downloaded the Yogbox a while ago, and while screwing around within an NPC village, I keep randomly getting hurt for no reason.

I hear the OUGH sound, and I lose like 3 hearts, but there is never anything there. if I stand still after I get hurt, I dont get harmed again.

It happens like every 2-5 minutes.

Am I being haunted?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #423
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,788 Posts
    Hey guys, I downloaded the Yogbox a while ago, and while screwing around within an NPC village, I keep randomly getting hurt for no reason.

I hear the OUGH sound, and I lose like 3 hearts, but there is never anything there. if I stand still after I get hurt, I dont get harmed again.

It happens like every 2-5 minutes.

Am I being haunted?
    During summer in the seasons mod you take damage from being exposed to sun in the afternoon.

Another Yogbox related problem here. I installed optifine after installing yogbox and it either broke or replaced a bunch of icons in particular those from the more ores pack. Is there any way I can get them back other than re-installing because it doesn't work. Note the icons appear with the default texture pack, just not when I use either of the texture pack it comes with (Painterly and SMP revival)

24. Post #424
    Resident dragon enthusiast.
    Dennab
    September 2010
    10,153 Posts
    For some reason I get MUCH a better framerate without Optifine, perhaps you could try without it.

25. Post #425
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,788 Posts
    For some reason I get MUCH a better framerate without Optifine, perhaps you could try without it.
    I have done, and it's unbearable. It's all stuttery and whatnot. Without it on I have to turn all the settings down and have view distance at short which is pretty annoying since it's not particularly graphics intensive and I have quite a good computer. I know it'd fix the icon bug but I wouldn't be able to play it well enough to feel the benefits of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #426
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    My computer is really laggy on Minecraft!
    It handles CoD 4 and 5 perfectly fine but it doesn't handle minecraft! :(

P.S: With really laggy I mean my Framerate drops under 30 each minute
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #427
    April 2011
    231 Posts
    So I've always known that if I F11 in Minecraft, but never really tried it until now. When I did the game crashed and I got an error message, if you need the error message, I'll pm you it.

28. Post #428
    July 2009
    2,579 Posts
    During summer in the seasons mod you take damage from being exposed to sun in the afternoon.

Another Yogbox related problem here. I installed optifine after installing yogbox and it either broke or replaced a bunch of icons in particular those from the more ores pack. Is there any way I can get them back other than re-installing because it doesn't work. Note the icons appear with the default texture pack, just not when I use either of the texture pack it comes with (Painterly and SMP revival)
    Actually, you only get damaged in the sun if you're in a desert biome. Same with winter. You'll get damaged in snowy biomes.

29. Post #429
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    369 Posts
    Anyone wanna join my server so I can test it out?
    24.29.214.132:25565
    No whitelist, and please no griefing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #430
    I was nice to a hobo once and he bought me this title
    May 2010
    5,951 Posts
    Anyone know why my compass won't connect with my bed?

31. Post #431
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    Is it supposed to do that?

32. Post #432
    August 2009
    1,206 Posts
    I've forgot my minecraft password, The minecraft site says that an e-mail has been send to my @mail.com account. However the mail does not appear, i've checked spam too.

What to do?

33. Post #433
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    331 Posts
    I've attempted installing Aethermod using ModManager v1.2.1
    I have tried running it with and without CJBmods 173, and regardless whether it has that installed or not it shows up with
    Code:
    Mods loaded: 14
    ModLoader Beta 1.7.3
    mod_cjb_mobspawner 4.6.1
    mod_cjb_moreinfo 4.6.1
    mod_cjb_teleport 4.6.1
    mod_cjb_x_ray 4.6.1
    mod_cjb_cheats 4.6.1
    mod_cjb_hardcore 4.6.1
    mod_cjb_items 4.6.1
    mod_cjb_itemspawner 4.6.1
    mod_cjb_minimap 4.6.1
    mod_cjb_mobfilter 4.6.1
    mod_cjb_mobs 4.6.1
    mod_cjb_main 4.6.1
    mod_TooManyItems 1.7.2 2011-07-01

Minecraft has crashed!      
          ----------------------      

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

If you wish to report this, please copy this entire text and email it to support@mojang.com.
    Please include a description of what you did when the error occured.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 5a073e66 --------
    Generated 2/09/11 8:58 PM

Minecraft: Minecraft Beta 1.7.3
    Java: 1.7.0, Oracle Corporation
    VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    LWJGL: 2.4.2
    OpenGL: GeForce GTX 460 SE/PCI/SSE2 version 4.1.0, NVIDIA Corporation

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: IInterceptBlockSet
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    	at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    	at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
    	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    	at ModLoader.addMod(ModLoader.java:267)
    	at ModLoader.readFromClassPath(ModLoader.java:1104)
    	at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:812)
    	at ModLoader.AddAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:183)
    	at th.<init>(th.java:60)
    	at th.<clinit>(th.java:9)
    	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:318)
    	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:716)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: IInterceptBlockSet
    	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    	... 20 more
    --- END ERROR REPORT cfa530b2 ----------
    I noticed it saying things about things in my CJB mods, but CJB isn't installed!
    Any help? I really want to play the Aether Mod.

Edit2
    Tried manually, still doesn't work

34. Post #434
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    1,926 Posts
    Mods loaded: 3
    ModLoader Beta 1.7.3
    mod_Arrows Beta 1.7.2
    mod_Stackables Beta 1.7_01

Minecraft has crashed!
    ----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

If you wish to report this, please copy this entire text and email it to support@mojang.com.
    Please include a description of what you did when the error occured.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 7b492c02 --------
    Generated 9/3/11 6:43 AM

Minecraft: Minecraft Beta 1.7.3
    Java: 1.6.0_27, Sun Microsystems Inc.
    VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc.
    LWJGL: 2.4.2
    OpenGL: Radeon HD 6800 Series version 4.0.10243 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.

java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry CRC (expected 0x0 but got 0xff45ea07)
    at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.closeEntry(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.zip.ZipInputStream.getNextEntry(Unknown Source)
    at ModLoader.readFromClassPath(ModLoader.java:1098)
    at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:812)
    at ModLoader.AddAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:183)
    at th.<init>(th.java:60)
    at th.<clinit>(th.java:9)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:318)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:716)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    --- END ERROR REPORT fe6e3d7f ----------

I have:audio mod, modoader, modloaderMP, minecraft forge, buildcraft(all), redstone(all), death chest, arrows, more stackables, and water reflection.

Edited:

first post from new computer!

Edited:

:toot:

35. Post #435
    I was nice to a hobo once and he bought me this title
    May 2010
    5,951 Posts
    I get errors like the 2 above when I try to install the Zeppelin mod with the Aether. It either gives me an error or just doesn't work.

36. Post #436
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,358 Posts
    MC freezes every five minutes (but reverts back to normal in 10 seconds or something) and the intervals between freezing become shorter when I increase my render distance. Any way to fix this?

37. Post #437
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    MC freezes every five minutes (but reverts back to normal in 10 seconds or something) and the intervals between freezing become shorter when I increase my render distance. Any way to fix this?
    Check so you got the right java for your OS

38. Post #438
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,358 Posts
    Yeah I got 64 bit W7 so that might be it, Google Chrome is 32 bit though.

Edit:

didn't help

39. Post #439
    July 2009
    1,693 Posts
    Are there any nice Mod Manager for minecraft?

I don't want to use the TFC one because it is too complicated

40. Post #440
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    247 Posts
    Okay, so this "Team apathy" has been griefing my server lately they have some sort of client, they keep coming back and finding the IPs to my new servers somehow and can spam the server log so that it is to large to open and cannot check their usernames to ban. What would be the best course to stop them?