1. Post #401
    November 2009
    3,689 Posts

Also the text on the last three images are poor watermarks.
    Holy shit, the shading and highlights around the barrel must of taken you like a hundred hours to do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #402
    January 2010
    1,738 Posts
    Holy shit, the shading and highlights around the barrel must of taken you like a hundred hours to do.
    Its not hard or long to shade, you just got know how to do it easily.

3. Post #403
    May 2011
    30 Posts
    Didn't take too long, although I have to admit that I've spent few good hours on these.
    Its not hard or long to shade, you just got know how to do it easily.
    Indeed. Once you learn how to shade, it is easy, but it will still take you some time to finish everything.

4. Post #404
    May 2012
    9 Posts
    I thought this thread are end.
    SMG-NJ.8mm

SMG-NJ.44

Do you guy remember the person name "Pixel4939" this name have in this thread too
    He is ME.

Hmmm....in page 4 maybe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Thailand Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #405
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,797 Posts

Eugh, kinda ugly. Don't really like the angle of the grip.

Did this on a program I just bought called inchworm on the 3DS. First thing I've drawn with it.   

6. Post #406
    May 2012
    9 Posts

Eugh, kinda ugly. Don't really like the angle of the grip.

Did this on a program I just bought called inchworm on the 3DS. First thing I've drawn with it.   
    you shading always good Zakkin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Thailand Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #407
    May 2012
    9 Posts
    SMG-NJ.48

I'm a big fan of SMG

8. Post #408
    PERKELE
    May 2009
    6,031 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Finland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #409
    May 2011
    30 Posts
    Nice!
    My take on an M16 like that:

10. Post #410
    PERKELE
    May 2009
    6,031 Posts
    Nice!
    My take on an M16 like that:
    Yours is better by a lot tho, it's shaded n stuff

11. Post #411
    PERKELE
    May 2009
    6,031 Posts

EDIT:

Mass producing shitty guns ftw

12. Post #412

May 2012
    1 Posts
    Assault Rifle:MGXC.8mm

Assault Rifle:MGXC.48

Assault Rifle:MGXC.44

I think I love Assault Rifle>SMG now.

13. Post #413
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,797 Posts
    Assault Rifle:MGXC.8mm

Assault Rifle:MGXC.48

Assault Rifle:MGXC.44

I think I love Assault Rifle>SMG now.
    I think you should probably use a different image hoster, those seem to have been taken down.

I'm drawin' up a double barrel, but I don't think the shape looks all that good. Any ideas?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #414
    PERKELE
    May 2009
    6,031 Posts
    I think you should probably use a different image hoster, those seem to have been taken down.

I'm drawin' up a double barrel, but I don't think the shape looks all that good. Any ideas?
    It would look better if the stock was as if on a m14
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #415
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,797 Posts

I tried to base it off this. The shotgun I'm drawing will look different after it, though.

16. Post #416
    June 2008
    2,761 Posts

I tried to base it off this. The shotgun I'm drawing will look different after it, though.
    ftfy

It's a thumbnail, open it up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Arab Emirates Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #417
    February 2012
    72 Posts

I'd like some Constructive criticism here. I did just trace over real pics, but I want practice, and I'm hoping that doing that will help before I make them from scratch. And if anyone has a good shading tutorial, I'd really appreciate it, I want to make these look better as much as I can.

18. Post #418
    June 2008
    2,761 Posts

I'd like some Constructive criticism here. I did just trace over real pics, but I want practice, and I'm hoping that doing that will help before I make them from scratch. And if anyone has a good shading tutorial, I'd really appreciate it, I want to make these look better as much as I can.
    I'd be happy to help!
    At first, read this pixel art tutorial right here: http://www.derekyu.com/?page_id=218

Now, learn to clean up pixels. Basically, if there's 2 (or more) pixels wide line, cut it to 1 pixel wide.
    Next, get familiar with MSpaint tools: round shape tool, curve tool, lasso, secondary colour...

Imma "fix" that revolver of yours, postin' results soon (step-by-step for enhanced learning).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Arab Emirates Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #419
    February 2012
    72 Posts
    Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. However, I'm actually making them with GIMP, not MS Paint.

20. Post #420
    June 2008
    2,761 Posts

There we go!

For the circle part (red outline box), make a box with equally long sides and drag the circle tool from point A to point B to make a "perfect" circle. Then remove the remains of the box.

Also shading

Edited:

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. However, I'm actually making them with GIMP, not MS Paint.
    Well the things here luckily still apply in GIMP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Arab Emirates Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #421
    February 2012
    72 Posts
    Wow, that's great looking. Thanks for the tutorial. You know, you actually got the exact same reference picture that I used. :P

22. Post #422
    February 2012
    72 Posts
    Ok, back now, with two new images I've created, with help from the tutorial ForestRaptor linked me, plus the one he made for me. I also provide my reference pictures.

And my reference pictures:

Also, ForestRaptor, the person "Hoodoo456" who sent you a friend request on steam is me. c:

23. Post #423
    June 2008
    2,761 Posts

I was diggin' 'round my pic folder and stubmled upon this thing, let's see if I can finish it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Arab Emirates Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #424
    June 2008
    2,761 Posts

Kay, finished that AKM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Arab Emirates Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #425

July 2012
    2 Posts
    I am not too good at MS paint, but here's my attempt at making a handgun
    (please note the images may be slightly pixelated)

lo-rez version:

EDIT: i just joined, and just started using paint. If these drawings suck, that'd be why. Criticism will be taken with a smile.

EDIT 2: also, forest, why not make some sort of El- Faisan shotgun?
    reference:

[IMG][/IMG]

Just an idea

26. Post #426

July 2012
    1 Posts
    Thank you rovar for these guns!!! I made a game with most of these weapons!

27. Post #427
    June 2008
    2,761 Posts

EDIT: i just joined, and just started using paint. If these drawings suck, that'd be why. Criticism will be taken with a smile.

EDIT 2: also, forest, why not make some sort of El- Faisan shotgun?

Just an idea
    Criticism time!

You should try a bit higher res so you can make your sprites more detailed - for example, the scale in my sprites are 3 px = 1 cm. Yup, my sprites are all in the same scale for realistic measures and comparsion!

Try to make, say, a Glock with a reference picture, that's how I started my current sprite sheet. Choose a scale that suits you the best. Don't trace! The harder you make it for yourself the faster you learn.

Also, since you suggested that shotgun I might make a sawn-off next. Thanks for the idea
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Arab Emirates Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #428
    And remember : respect is everything.
    April 2009
    1,550 Posts
    Here's a bunch of guns from a project I'm working :

No colors, because of the art style of the project. Unfortunately, most of these guns won't be in the final version.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #429
    November 2009
    3,689 Posts
    Thank you rovar for these guns!!! I made a game with most of these weapons!
    Really? I'd like to see it. (:

And you're welcome.

30. Post #430
    July 2012
    40 Posts

An M4A1. Good enough, I guess...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #431

July 2012
    2 Posts
    Wow, thanks for taking my idea into consideration forest!
    also took your advice, but it still a bit pixelly:
    glock:

i also attempted an ak-47:

Please tell me what you think, and while i'm typing this i think i may consider using them in a game... not too sure...

32. Post #432
    That Dog
    March 2009
    13,511 Posts
    Here's a bunch of guns from a project I'm working :

No colors, because of the art style of the project. Unfortunately, most of these guns won't be in the final version.
    Looks cool, where can I see the project?

33. Post #433
    July 2007
    3,313 Posts
    Wow, thanks for taking my idea into consideration forest!
    also took your advice, but it still a bit pixelly:
    glock:

i also attempted an ak-47:

Please tell me what you think, and while i'm typing this i think i may consider using them in a game... not too sure...
    Use reference.

Also try and think as abstract as you can when your trying to represent key shapes with 4 pixels or so.

34. Post #434
    June 2012
    838 Posts

The bunny gun, because I CAN.

Never drawn a gun before, go easy. Done in about 30 minutes. I know the body and the muzzle are god-awful, but I tried.

Larger Version

35. Post #435
    May 2010
    274 Posts

Lighting's not that great but I'm practicing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

36. Post #436
    Ask me about my progressive rock fetish
    September 2010
    8,992 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #437
    May 2010
    274 Posts

Drew my dad's modified Colt Series 80 1911.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

38. Post #438
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,225 Posts

Original gun concept, no reference except for various gun influences.

Denoted as the DR-32 GPAR

Any tips on shading? I'm baaaaad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

39. Post #439

December 2011
    769 Posts
    Looks like you drew an FN Fal to me

40. Post #440
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,225 Posts
    It isn't.

Edited:

Like, at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)