1. Post #1
    June 2008
    801 Posts

So now you are able to play games in your browser, how fucking late? No, this is not the normal games, this is games like sims 3, mass effect 2 and fucking dead space 2.
    Link for the article: http://www.dperry.com/archives/news/...aikai_is_live/

Gamelist:
    Spore: CLICK HERE
    Sims 3 demo: http://www.thesims3.com/trial
    Dead Space 2 (after a short survey): https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/F2QFNY7
    Second Life here: http://maps.secondlife.com/ (Just wait and if your connection quality to our Server is fast enough, a pop-up will appear, you will need to enter a email (Fake is fine))
    Mass Effect 2: http://www.gaikai.com/ (Just wait and if your connection quality to our Server is fast enough, one of several pop-up designs will appear.)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS ONLY WORKS FOR A FEW PEOPLE, SINCE YOU NEED TO BE CONFIRMED AS A GOOD CONNECTION! I LIVE IN DENMARK AND IT WORKS FINE FOR ME.
    You need Java and Flash for this to work.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FAQS:
    I have an awesome Internet connection. Shouldn't I be able to play?

Your bandwidth is not the only thing that determines whether you can play. Your proximity to one of our data centers is also crucial for ensuring a great, low-latency gaming experience. If you have a good connection, but you're too far from our servers, then you may not be able to play right now.

If I'm too far from Gaikai's servers, will I ever be able to play?

Quite possibly, yes. Gaikai's network is rapidly expanding to new locations, both in the United States and abroad. As more data centers come online, more users will be able to play. In fact, you not being able to play now tells us that we need to consider adding servers in your area. If you really want to be able to play, tell your friends to sign up for Gaikai's beta. The more people from your area who are unable to connect, the more likely we are to add servers near you!

When will Gaikai be able to offer games to everyone, everywhere?

Gaikai's business model may be different than what you'd expect. We're not trying to offer a subscription-based service, so there's no expectation that everyone will be able to play from day one. Instead, we're powering demos of games on publisher, retailer, and associate sites. These demos will only be offered to users who meet the standards required for an awesome gaming experience. Users who don't meet these standards will never know they missed anything ... but they will help us understand where we need to add servers next. Over time, we'll be able to serve more and more demos to more and more users, across the world.

I was able to play earlier, and now I can't. What happened?

Gaikai tests a complicated mix of criteria when determining whether a user can play a game. Some of these criteria are fixed, but others fluctuate depending on the state of the Internet, our server capacity, and what's happening on your computer and Internet connection. For example, if you're running other applications such as BitTorrent, Hulu, or Netflix, then you may be falling below our bandwidth threshold due to the other apps' heavy bandwidth consumption.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extra stuff about this:
    Gaikai is a cloud-based gaming technology that allows users to play major PC and console games like Call Of Duty or World Of Warcraft instantly, with one click. No download or install required. This technology powers a next-generation video game advertising network that drives sales for video game publishers, developers, retailers, and affiliates via online demos of games and software applications. Users are presented with an offer to try the game or app before buying it, therefore giving them hands-on experience with the product right at the point-of-sale.
    Gaikai is driven by a simple mission: make as many games available to as many people on as many devices as possible, easily and instantly.

[LIST][*]Gaikai requires nothing more than a standard web browser with ubiquitous plugins like Flash or Java[*]Gaikai requires no special hardware or extra computing power. Rather, it can run premium 3D games on something as lightweight as a netbook or smartphone.[*]There's nothing to download or install -- games are instantly playable with a single click[/LIST] Gaikai is currently in closed beta. If you're interested in receiving a beta invite, click here to sign up. As soon as more beta invites are available for your area, we'll get in touch!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Video of me playing spore in my browser

Screenshots of me playing:

Sims:
    http://www.uploadgeek.com/image-47BB_4D6BEE36.jpg
    Spore:
    http://www.uploadgeek.com/image-81D2_4D6BEE60.jpg
    Mass Effect: http://www.uploadgeek.com/image-0900_4D6BEE8C.jpg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 38Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    7,656 Posts
    I tried out The Sims 3 for a moment and was genuinely surprised. It looks like the full, high quality game.
    Not much use to people with good computers (Most of FP), but pretty cool.

P.S. Don't use "Epic", ever.

Also you act as if Second Life isn't already free and a small download.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

3. Post #3
    June 2009
    1,504 Posts
    Fucking asshole won't accept me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 21Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    June 2008
    801 Posts
    I tried out The Sims 3 for a moment and was genuinely surprised. It looks like the full, high quality game.
    Not much use to people with good computers (Most of FP), but pretty cool.

Also you act as if Second Life isn't already free and a small download.
    It's not like i care about ratings? It's their loss if they will not visit the thread because of one word
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    June 2009
    1,504 Posts
    -snip-

6. Post #6
    July 2007
    995 Posts
    'Don't be sad'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Agree Agree x 14Funny Funny x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,300 Posts
    The thread title made me think I could play Gears of War and Unreal Tournament in my browser
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

8. Post #8
    August 2010
    1,012 Posts
    Effin clouds are taking over the world...*runs to shelter*

9. Post #9
    March 2010
    4,472 Posts

I was already hoping for Unreal Tournament etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    January 2011
    2,285 Posts
    Sounds cool if it would work for me.

11. Post #11
    March 2010
    4,472 Posts
    -snip-

12. Post #12
    October 2006
    79 Posts
    "Don't be sad"

Really now?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 18Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,490 Posts
    Epic made me think it was just games using the unreal 3 engine
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    June 2008
    801 Posts
    "Don't be sad"

Really now?
    I will put in faqs now
    I have an awesome Internet connection. Shouldn't I be able to play?

Your bandwidth is not the only thing that determines whether you can play. Your proximity to one of our data centers is also crucial for ensuring a great, low-latency gaming experience. If you have a good connection, but you're too far from our servers, then you may not be able to play right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Informative Informative x 1Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,300 Posts
    There's not enough people around where you live on this forum for this to be relevant :colbert:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Late Late x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    5,764 Posts
    wow this is actually legit.

I'm genuinely surprised
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

17. Post #17
    June 2008
    801 Posts
    There's not enough people around where you live on this forum for this to be relevant :colbert:
    Because this only works for people in Denmark....

NO. It works for quite alot of people.

Also, even i can't play spore right now, i could before. I think they are getting overload

18. Post #18
    June 2010
    1,075 Posts
    Even though the resolutions a bit iffy Im definetly interested, considering there absolutley no way my laptop could run Dead space 2 at the quality it did on there.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,142 Posts
    I don't like playing anything in my Browser, I like having the files on my HD.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,013 Posts

if my connection isn't good enough they don't have to pretend it's their fault
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 13 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,629 Posts
    Hmm, tried spore and got accepted. Gonna try it.

22. Post #22
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,013 Posts
    used in google chrome

i'm in fuck yeah!

10mb/s internet in bournemouth

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,746 Posts
    it's onlive but with better games and the ability to play in browser

which means onlive has no reason to exist
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 34 (list)

24. Post #24
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,013 Posts
    i'm in cue for ME2 and what the hell are these noises playing :raise:

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,364 Posts
    I tried it with deadspace 2, it's not too bad but I'd rather just play the actual game on my computer so there's no latency (and bigger resolution)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 10Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,013 Posts
    some guy is going on about looking to the stars and I'm in queue

something weird here

27. Post #27
    May 2009
    504 Posts
    Looks nice.
    It also removes the need to install a demo before you can try it.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,024 Posts
    This is interesting, it could effectively be the future of gaming.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,629 Posts
    Latency is a bit too much for me, that and the fact that my computer is good enough to run these games anyway. Must be great for laptops though.

30. Post #30
    June 2008
    801 Posts
    Thread is now better looking, and with screenshots!

I would also love if anyone would digg this or reddit it. Spread the word so the company that made this can be known.

31. Post #31
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,013 Posts
    needs more servers

32. Post #32
    July 2009
    224 Posts
    I tried the Dead Space 2 demo and got accepted, but I am now stuck on a loading screen with nothing happening. What do?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    12,859 Posts
    It said they wouldn't accept me first, then I kept doing it and it accepted me. 24 mbit/s line here.

34. Post #34
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,013 Posts
    how long does it take for the queue to move on?

35. Post #35
    June 2008
    801 Posts
    It said they wouldn't accept me first, then I kept doing it and it accepted me. 24 mbit/s line here.
    I would love if you or another mod could change the topic from "Play epic games in your browser! (Works like onlive!!!) (Games like DS2 And ME2)"
    to "Play games in your browser! Games like Dead Space 2, Mass Effect 2 and Spore."

36. Post #36
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    12,859 Posts
    how long does it take for the queue to move on?
    5 player queue took 1 minute.

I would love if you or another mod could change the topic from "Play epic games in your browser! (Works like onlive!!!) (Games like DS2 And ME2)"
    to "Play games in your browser! Games like Dead Space 2, Mass Effect 2 and Spore."
    Done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    3,685 Posts
    They won't accept me. D:

38. Post #38
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,013 Posts
    2 player queue has lasted around 7 minutes now

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,046 Posts
    I got a mail about the Dead Space 2 one, but their servers are apperantly too busy.
    The spore one is just playing background music and the que never goes down.

40. Post #40
    June 2008
    801 Posts
    Fuckin thread going nuts, i hate media tags. Trying to fix.