1. Post #41
    I will huff and puff and FLIP YOUR FUCKING TABLES
    October 2005
    7,189 Posts
    Well for one, I don't know anything about coding.

For two, I don't think teta's nuke uses the '07 particle system for its effects.

And while teta's nuke works, I feel it would be possible to make it work better. Modifying how the shockwave hits objects, having it ignite things when the explosion goes off, stuff like that.
    I could probably get Teta's nuke to spawn an OB particle effect...

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,158 Posts
    I could probably get Teta's nuke to spawn an OB particle effect...
    If you could that'd be awesome.

3. Post #43
    November 2007
    29 Posts
    I want this nuke realistic, if it is then I'll love it.

And I recommend making the nuke blinding bright when it goes off, since looking directly at a nuclear explosion will make you go blind. (From what I've read some people went blind after the U.S dropped the bombs on Japan because they had looked directly at the explosion)
    Nice!! It would be possible to simulate retinal burns (jesus christ roflmao), you just imprint the fireball/flash as a dark spot in the vision that dosen't go away until you die! And i mean a huge black hole around where the fireball burned your eyes. That and catching on fire might make people respect nuclear weapons more like they should.

4. Post #44
    October 2009
    146 Posts
    What map is that 2nd video in?

5. Post #45
    June 2009
    59 Posts
    This is a really good looking nuke. If everything suggested goes into effect, I shouldn't show this to my friend, or he'll be launching about 10 every 3 minutes.

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,158 Posts
    What map is that 2nd video in?
    Freespace.

Edited:

How is your name "GMODJunkie" and you don't know freespace?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    October 2009
    146 Posts
    Freespace.

Edited:

How is your name "GMODJunkie" and you don't know freespace?
    I edited this after watching that video a lil more.

The aerial view messed me up. Didnt recognize it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,100 Posts
    It's very nice, only thing I can see that you need to improve on is more black smoke around the base of the explosion. Other than that I love it.

9. Post #49

November 2009
    2,706 Posts
    Just a suggestion, but make a second version with the smoke makes a skull similar to the mercenaries 2 trailer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

10. Post #50
    July 2008
    543 Posts
    That's fucking sexy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,158 Posts
    Just a suggestion, but make a second version with the smoke makes a skull similar to the mercenaries 2 trailer
    No.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16Zing Zing x 4Funny Funny x 4 (list)

12. Post #52
    November 2008
    1,538 Posts
    Oh god its awesome. Can't wait till it get's released, I want to see that particle system you made :D
    Good luck and keep up the good work!
    Also you should keep some glow in the mushroomcloud instead of just fire. Not to much, like Teta's, but a little bit to make the smoke glow a bit.

13. Post #53
    March 2009
    3,065 Posts
    Looks nice.

14. Post #54
    July 2009
    1,045 Posts
    That was awesome. In the Chinese Nuke Video I kept looking at 0:49 over and over. Oh if a game engine could do that....

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    680 Posts
    mi wunt nukzzzz

No really, I really want this nuke to be finished and working in normal ways! I'll put like 99 of these in a crate of doom! :D

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,158 Posts
    I got a guy getting this to replace Teta's nuke particle, so hopefully we'll have the release soon!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

17. Post #57
    March 2009
    3,065 Posts
    I got a guy getting this to replace Teta's nuke particle, so hopefully we'll have the release soon!
    Nice! Also, I wonder where Teta is now...

18. Post #58
    March 2009
    3,065 Posts
    Any updates on it? I'd hate to see a good effect never shine!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,158 Posts
    Still working on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    4,875 Posts
    I am looking forward to this!

Also is there any chance of having a download of just the particle effects?

21. Post #61
    September 2009
    107 Posts
    This would go great with this! ------> http://www.facepunch.com/threads/105...ves-WIP-thread

22. Post #62
    March 2011
    40 Posts
    Vman, did you use lua particles or are you using the particle editor? Also, I recommend you add a shockwave.

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,158 Posts
    Vman, did you use lua particles or are you using the particle editor? Also, I recommend you add a shockwave.
    Particle editor, and it has a shockwave.

24. Post #64
    March 2009
    3,065 Posts
    Man, this is some good stuff, but now it's sinking to the 2nd page of threads.

God I can't wait.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,158 Posts
    I haven't gotten a message for my bro who's working on it :saddowns:

I'll give it another week then I'll just release the particle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,917 Posts
    I haven't gotten a message for my bro who's working on it :saddowns:

I'll give it another week then I'll just release the particle.
    You could always put up a request in the Lua Request area. You have the particles ready, so I am sure someone will be able to put them to good use. I think a "Nuke Stool" would be most appropriate because of the customization options such as Power/Force/Size/De-constraints Props/Etc. Then just use the stool on any type of prop to turn it into a nuke. Clean and simple, and you can still add Wire functionality.

On a serious note, there are too many teta nuke addons with "fixes and updates", most of which are just changes to the number of models to choose from in the entities tab, and who knows what else. Better to start from scratch no?

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,158 Posts
    You could always put up a request in the Lua Request area. You have the particles ready, so I am sure someone will be able to put them to good use. I think a "Nuke Stool" would be most appropriate because of the customization options such as Power/Force/Size/De-constraints Props/Etc. Then just use the stool on any type of prop to turn it into a nuke. Clean and simple, and you can still add Wire functionality.

On a serious note, there are too many teta nuke addons with "fixes and updates", most of which are just changes to the number of models to choose from in the entities tab, and who knows what else. Better to start from scratch no?
    I mentioned earlier that I already tried the lua section, but was ignored :C
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

28. Post #68
    March 2009
    3,065 Posts
    I mentioned earlier that I already tried the lua section, but was ignored :C
    You can make another request. I did not see your thread in the list so another can be made.

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,370 Posts
    nice to see someone is making a replacement for the ugly old nukes.

great work! it just needs to be a little bigger.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #70

April 2011
    15 Posts
    Sweet, hope you find a lua coder to help you turn it into a SWEP!
    but any way good job!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,178 Posts
    Any updates on this?

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,158 Posts
    Any updates on this?
    Yea, got a guy working on it right now. There's gonna be airstrike and suitcase delivery, possibly an entity version as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

33. Post #73
    April 2011
    106 Posts
    I am definitely looking forward to this!
    Retinal burns are a good idea, and what do you mean by suitcase delivery?
    Keep up the good work!

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,770 Posts
    If you want help making a schvexy youtube video advertising this, I'd be happy to lend I hand. I've been stalking this thread for a while now, and cannot wait. I have FRAPS, a beefy computer for 1080p videos, and I've used After Effects, Premiere, and I've got too much time on my hands. So uh... yeah, I'm pretty much just looking for an excuse to make a video with a shit-ton of nuclear explosions. Keep us posted
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    Dog
    What's worse than biting into an apple and finding a dick?
    March 2011
    3,770 Posts
    If you want help making a schvexy youtube video advertising this, I'd be happy to lend I hand. I've been stalking this thread for a while now, and cannot wait. I have FRAPS, a beefy computer for 1080p videos, and I've used After Effects, Premiere, and I've got too much time on my hands. So uh... yeah, I'm pretty much just looking for an excuse to make a video with a shit-ton of nuclear explosions. Keep us posted
    Use source recorder so there's absolutely no lag.

36. Post #76
    May 2010
    267 Posts
    Damn, I wanted to code this for him. The problem with teta_bonita's code is that it doesn't work through world brushes because IIRC it uses blast damage from a single point.

Also is making particles this way easier? The Lua emitter style is difficult to get the effect looking pretty.

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,770 Posts
    Use source recorder so there's absolutely no lag.
    I don't think it works with Garry's Mod (yet, at least).

But I'll look into it. The source recorder allows for a lot of awesome cool effects, like motion blur and advanced DOF, which makes for some awesome videos.

Edited:

Also is making particles this way easier? The Lua emitter style is difficult to get the effect looking pretty.
    I would think so. The tool that comes with the Orange Box for making particle effects allows you to see you effect in real time as you make it, rather than doing guess work with lua. It still takes an awful lot of skill.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    April 2011
    106 Posts
    Any updates? :)

39. Post #79
    April 2011
    50 Posts
    Very nice, you should add a pulling back vacuum style effect. Since nukes suck up a lot of air to compensate for the fire and etc. But really cool.

40. Post #80
    March 2007
    554 Posts
    Monster bump I know, but-

Did this get shit-canned or what?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)