1. Post #81
    Dennab
    February 2010
    1,876 Posts
    Just rape the shit out of the tabs with a glue stick and it'll stay on fine.. If it makes any difference I used the purple colored sticks.

2. Post #82
    CoderHire
    November 2007
    1,466 Posts

The shelves I will soon clean up for my Minecraft dedication.

The stack of papers with 2 blocks on each, that I will soon begin cutting.
    Land
    -----------------
    Cave
    -----------------
    Nether
    -----------------

Do it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 26Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    13,087 Posts
    Land
    -----------------
    Cave
    -----------------
    Nether
    -----------------

Do it.
    That's exactly what I'm doing! I've also got my character printed, a pig, a creeper, and I'm soon to get either a ghast or a zombie pigman.

Now: Should I keep making boxes, or should I go ahead and cut out my character?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    5,478 Posts
    Okay, so I have the rough "skeleton" of my block. I took two 12"x12"x6" boxes and taped them together, making a cubic foot. Now I'm gonna cover it with paper and do the designs by hand, just as a prototype.

If I like it, I could theoretically make roughly 262 cubes with the boxes I have. Not counting half blocks, stairs etc.

5. Post #85
    February 2010
    167 Posts
    All of you guys' cube (templates) are AWESOME! I'm hoping for a tutorial to be posted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

6. Post #86
    rrerr~
    January 2009
    3,456 Posts
    That's exactly what I'm doing! I've also got my character printed, a pig, a creeper, and I'm soon to get either a ghast or a zombie pigman.

Now: Should I keep making boxes, or should I go ahead and cut out my character?
    Make boxes and form the landscape of the area, then place characters around.

I've been wanting to make a diorama of a minecraft landscape

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    13,087 Posts
    Make boxes and form the landscape of the area, then place characters around.

I've been wanting to make a diorama of a minecraft landscape
    That's my plan. The only thing is, I'm gonna need to print out a lot of dirt, rock, and netherrock.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    5,061 Posts
    I now know how i am going to do it, re-print, cut every piece off, glue them onto cardboard, sticky tape them together when fully glued.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,479 Posts
    http://www.barkingdoginteractive.com/minecraft/ :buddy:
    im making a shit ton on them to tape to my wall.

Edited:

they're really small though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    5,478 Posts
    Okay, I coated my cardboard cube with vellum paper. What texture do you guys suggest I apply? I was thinking grass.

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,751 Posts
    I want to make some too. But does regular printing paper work or do I have to use specialty thicker kind.

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,479 Posts
    I want to make some too. But does regular printing paper work or do I have to use specialty thicker kind.
    printing paper works. it's easier in my opinion.

13. Post #93
    ~gay boi~
    July 2010
    14,463 Posts
    Okay, I coated my cardboard cube with vellum paper. What texture do you guys suggest I apply? I was thinking grass.
    Diamond

Edited:

printing paper works. it's easier in my opinion.
    Thick, almost card like paper is the best.
    I have some low-grade photo paper without a glossy coating and it's perfect.

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,479 Posts
    Thick, almost card like paper is the best.
    I have some low-grade photo paper without a glossy coating and it's perfect.
    i suppose it would create a flatter surface since the paper sometimes bends inward once pressure applied. just finished what i was making. pics in a sec.

Edited:

finished!

took me an hour since i'm slow. i plan on folding and adding a creeper

15. Post #95
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,799 Posts
    I made a creeper once.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply New Zealand Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,303 Posts
    These are awesome, until you finish printing them and you have to start cutting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #97
    The Savior of FP
    May 2010
    5,629 Posts
    Are their any large scale mob papercrafts, I made a 1.5 foot tall creeper, and hes getting lolnely.

18. Post #98
    Facepunch Babysitter
    July 2009
    12,372 Posts
    You better show us.
    I'll make sure I do. :buddy:

19. Post #99

November 2009
    2,706 Posts
    Patched up one that doesn't need glue:

Made that, brought it to school to show a friend, and before i get to show my friend it, some asshole crumbles it up :smith:

Edited:

I want to make life sized Minecraft blocks. As in, cubic meter sized.
    I have 500 free cardboard boxes from the postal service, it wouldn't be a problem.

Edited:
    Hm, a cubic meter's a bit of a stretch (no pun intended).
    I'll have to settle for a cubic foot. They'd take up less space that way anyways.
    How the hell would you print it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 14Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #100
    ~ an extraordinary gentleman ~
    December 2006
    1,353 Posts
    Tadah! Made this creeper a while ago.

Here he is on his glorious pedestal.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9 (list)

21. Post #101
    June 2008
    2,761 Posts

Not so crappy for a phone camera photo imo.

22. Post #102
    June 2007
    459 Posts

Planning on making a whole shelf a miniature Minecraft world it's about 6x40-50 so it'll be a shitload of work.. and that'd only be for the bottom bit, I'm planning on making little hills and a cliff and trees and a pond too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 15 (list)

23. Post #103
    February 2010
    5,893 Posts

Planning on making a whole shelf a miniature Minecraft world it's about 6x40-50 so it'll be a shitload of work.. and that'd only be for the bottom bit, I'm planning on making little hills and a cliff and trees and a pond too
    I say keep it as is. Its awesome there. Unless you want to make a skeleton archer on a spider too.

24. Post #104
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    5,061 Posts
    Now someone needs to find a weapon template.

25. Post #105
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    1,043 Posts
    Patched up one that doesn't need glue:

Darkened the cube a little and used photopaper. Looks better irl.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 12Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    June 2010
    2,728 Posts
    here is my creeper

aw yeeah movable head
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

27. Post #107
    July 2009
    1,666 Posts
    Can I do this with normal A4 papers ? :frown:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Hong Kong Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

28. Post #108
    Bitch please, i am FABULOUS
    July 2008
    1,374 Posts
    Can I do this with normal A4 papers ? :frown:
    Yep.

29. Post #109
    June 2010
    481 Posts
    could somebody do like a tutorial on how to do a creeper and steve? :) would really like that :D

30. Post #110
    Dennab
    February 2010
    1,876 Posts
    http://www.barkingdoginteractive.com/minecraft/ :buddy:
    im making a shit ton on them to tape to my wall.

Edited:

they're really small though.

*derpface*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12 (list)

31. Post #111
    March 2011
    147 Posts
    Here is the ghast template I made, it was a bitch making the template and it should be a huge bitch actually making it (Requires 2 pieces of paper):

[img]http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/7608/ghasthead.png[/img]

[img]http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/3325/ghasthead2.png[/img]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,187 Posts
    We need someone to make an arrow template with a bow template, fight off all the creepers out there

33. Post #113
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    5,061 Posts
    Mine look bad, but not as bad as the paper.

34. Post #114
    November 2009
    9,319 Posts
    I have a little tape runner thing. I think it's meant for scrapbooking, but it's stronger and better for papercraft than Glue or double-sided tape.

You can pick them up at any scrapbook store, and probably any supermarket that sells paper and paper products.

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,591 Posts
    Someone should totally make a sheep

36. Post #116
    June 2010
    481 Posts
    don't die thread!!! :O
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #117
    March 2008
    1,608 Posts
    Pickaxe!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #118
    ~gay boi~
    July 2010
    14,463 Posts
    Holy Dooly that will take a long time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

39. Post #119
    July 2009
    4,172 Posts
    It would be awesome if someone sold little plastic/rubber Minecraft blocks so that they're already made and stronger than paper.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

40. Post #120
    Fuck You, Laren Faust
    July 2009
    2,427 Posts

Painterly Pack Creeper. Made it myself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)