1. Post #201
    September 2009
    12,098 Posts
    i feel like if xavier had harped on that point, stating something like 'don't you see, you're no better than the nazis now', magneto might have seen the error of his thinking
    Xavier might not have mentioned it because at that time he may have reverted back from Xavier's advice when    he told him to control his powers not by rage, but more by happiness, or by concentrating on something more positive   . Magneto may have just simply went on a psychotic breakdown and start kill anything.

2. Post #202
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    62,540 Posts
    btw the    nazi coin through the brain, such a great death. i felt like if there's one thing this movie did well, it's have good death scenes and good uses of powers. too often in other movies you'd see the character do something and think, 'well since they have this power, why the fuck didn't they just do __', but with this movie whenever they use their powers it's like 'YES, that is exactly what i'd have done/they should have done, awesome'.

especially the scene when erik was in the tavern. it was just so fulfilling. 

Edited:

ALTHOUGH the 'character begins to implode, screen fades to white and scene cuts' thing was way overdone
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

3. Post #203
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,111 Posts
    Poor fellow couldn't adapt his body to an explosion from the inside.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Singapore Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

4. Post #204
    September 2005
    62,540 Posts
    maybe he did
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #205
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    7,259 Posts
       brotha    dies first. awww hell naw
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #206
    September 2009
    12,098 Posts
       brotha    dies first. awww hell naw
       It's always the token black guy.   

RACIST.

7. Post #207
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,286 Posts
    Did anyone notice that just as Kevin Bacon said "enslavement" they cut to Darwin

Oh, and this isn't exactly a movie spoiler, but    in the comics they revive Darwin because there's still some energy left from him.   .

Although I doubt that will happen in the sequel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #208
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,486 Posts
    Bacon was a badass in this movie.

9. Post #209
    October 2010
    587 Posts
    When Xavier    gets crippled    this family behind me all went "ooooh so that's how it happened" in the most generic sassy black woman voice on earth.

they also did the same when the screen cuts to Darwin as Sebastian says "Enslavement"
    It makes a lot of sense they would cut to him though, the threat of enslavement is all the more real to a black man then to a white man.

one final thing: how the fuck did that chick get a job at the CIA? It's the 60s there's no way she would get a job, and it's impossible she'd get such an important job as working with the mutants.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #210
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    7,259 Posts
    Banshee and angel are the most useless mutants ever. Their whole point was to fight each other
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

11. Post #211
    Skeepan Member
    September 2007
    3,431 Posts
    Did anyone notice that just as Kevin Bacon said "enslavement" they cut to Darwin

Oh, and this isn't exactly a movie spoiler, but    in the comics they revive Darwin because there's still some energy left from him.   .

I noticed and some people in the theater laughed at it.

12. Post #212
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    6,603 Posts

Exactly what I was thinking.

13. Post #213
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,257 Posts
    Go on IMDB and there's some people bitching at the    cameo because "Wolverine is supposed to be a role-model and 'go fuck yourselves' isn't something to look up to   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

14. Post #214
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,111 Posts
    Role model? He doesn't hesitate to kill!

15. Post #215
    May 2010
    4,348 Posts
    I laughed so hard the first time I saw beast, I mean come on look at that face.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

16. Post #216
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    5,075 Posts
    I laughed so hard the first time I saw beast, I mean come on look at that face.
    If they make a live action beauty and the beast this is what it'll look like, except brown.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

17. Post #217
    November 2009
    627 Posts
    I wish my bromance was as awesome as Professor X and Magneto's.

Minus the whole crippling part.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Philippines Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

18. Post #218
    November 2009
    9,911 Posts
       Damn, the chick with the different eye colour is hot, too bad Professor X was distracted.   

Edited:

BTW, 1 big thing that really annoys me. The fashion seems too modern rather that 60s. Hoodies especially.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

19. Post #219
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    6,603 Posts
       Damn, the chick with the different eye colour is hot, too bad Professor X was distracted.   

Edited:

BTW, 1 big thing that really annoys me. The fashion seems too modern rather that 60s. Hoodies especially.   
    You mean the conservative cloth of the suburban families? that's not 60's fashion. Look at the punk movement in the UK that happened in the 60s, they look comparatively modern, also other things I'm not liable to remember right now.

20. Post #220
    Beverage Bandit
    November 2005
    19,204 Posts

21. Post #221
    November 2009
    627 Posts
    Does anyone have pics of Kevin Bacon as the Nazi dude in the beginning. Till now I still don't believe it was him. Didn't even recognize him!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Philippines Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #222
    I'm a loner who likes to get beat up at school
    June 2009
    11,549 Posts
    Does anyone have pics of Kevin Bacon as the Nazi dude in the beginning. Till now I still don't believe it was him. Didn't even recognize him!
    It was kinda obvious. He just had a mustache.

btw this film absolutely OWNED. Gladly spent $10 on it.

23. Post #223
    September 2009
    12,098 Posts
    Wasn't enough ass-shots for Emma Frost.

Need diamond ass!!!   

24. Post #224
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,286 Posts
    The actress doesn't have an ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #225
    September 2005
    62,540 Posts
    if she can take on any appearance, why doesn't she make her default (not blue) appearance hotter
    she was such a butterface
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #226
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,286 Posts
    She was more attractive when blue though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #227
    September 2008
    169 Posts
    Went in, wasn't expecting it to be the best.

There wasn't enough time in the nazi camp, the way Mystique and Hank were filmed seemed awkward, and a lot of the parts seemed almost cliche.

On the upside, Kevin Bacon had really nice hair.

28. Post #228
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    7,561 Posts
    Mike Fassbender and James McAvoy were both in Band of Brothers.

James McAvoy died in Holland.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

29. Post #229
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,022 Posts
    I just saw the movie today and I absolutely loved it!
    One question I have though,    when magneto kills shaw, why does shaw not just fall backwards? He wasn't being held in place and I'm pretty sure if you press a penny against someones head it wouldn't just cut through like that.   

Edited:

Also when I googles January jones and after I had a fap I realised she was pretty much a perfect Emma frost

Edited:

I hope there is going to be a sequel to this movie that is just as good, if not better

30. Post #230
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,174 Posts
    Just came back from watching this.
    I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The screaming ginger has to be the lamest superhero ever though.
    Of course, he has no soul, remember

Also:
    Twitter(DamonLindelof-Damon Lindelof)
    Emma Frost's THREE mutant powers: Telepathy, Transformation to Solid Diamond and last but not least, Sucking at Acting.

There's another account on twitter, not sure that is the one real one, even so it says TheRealDamonLindelof

31. Post #231
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    Wanna read Debbie Schlussel's review of this movie?

course you do

32. Post #232
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,523 Posts
    Watching January Jones act is comparable to watching a corpse be mounted on strings and danced across the screen like a marionette

I really wish filmmakers would stop casting her

33. Post #233
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,111 Posts
    Concept art

34. Post #234
    September 2005
    62,540 Posts
    i like how nothing in the movie was even remotely similar to those concept arts

Edited:

except maybe the dragonfly lady, if u minus the fact the chick is totally different

35. Post #235
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,022 Posts
    Wanna read Debbie Schlussel's review of this movie?

course you do
    I disagreed with most of that review. The only thing I really agreed with is that Angel switched sides with no real explanation.

36. Post #236
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    5,999 Posts
    i feel like if xavier had harped on that point, stating something like 'don't you see, you're no better than the nazis now', magneto might have seen the error of his thinking
    Stryker > your "logic."

Violence is the only thing people understand, ergo, that's what they get from Magneto.

Edited:

Edited:

Pretty sure 'badass" and "radical" weren't used as slang in the 60's either.

37. Post #237
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,111 Posts
    Yeah we do.

38. Post #238
    September 2005
    62,540 Posts
    Yeah we do.
    schokolade?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

39. Post #239
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,286 Posts
    Holy fuck Azazel looks badass in the concept art, but I assume it would make the audience go "Is that the devil himself or a mutant?"

40. Post #240
    September 2005
    62,540 Posts
    i don't understand how someone could mutate to look exactly like the devil
    isn't that a bit of a coincidence
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)