1. Post #321
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,027 Posts
    So I guess Havok is going to end up being Cyclops dad instead or something, if they make a sequel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #322
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,500 Posts
    I thought Cyclops was in this movie in a cameo?

In the cerebro sequence we see a white haired girl that's meant to be Storm, and we see a kid with big thick sunglasses on, which I thought was meant to be Scott.

Is it just me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

3. Post #323
    DD's Neurosurgeon
    November 2009
    6,540 Posts
    mistiques tits arent
    they just have no nipples so they might as well be
    whats a tit without a nip
    not even a tit man. not even a tit.
    gives them the excuse to show her all the time with no clothes on. No nipples technically makes it not a breast so its kinda a loop hole to allow her to run around naked.

4. Post #324
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,027 Posts
    I thought Cyclops was in this movie in a cameo?

In the cerebro sequence we see a white haired girl that's meant to be Storm, and we see a kid with big thick sunglasses on, which I thought was meant to be Scott.

Is it just me?
    This guy?

I never even noticed him when watching the movie for the first time, he flashes by so fast. Can't really say whether he could be Cyclops or not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

5. Post #325
    April 2011
    1,610 Posts
    This guy?

I never even noticed him when watching the movie for the first time, he flashes by so fast. Can't really say whether he could be Cyclops or not.
    He isn't.

6. Post #326
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,027 Posts
    Or this guy who was in the background maybe
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

7. Post #327
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,500 Posts
    Or this guy who was in the background maybe
    Yep that's him.

8. Post #328
    April 2008
    1,581 Posts
    I didn't catch the Storm cameo, anyone got a picture of that?

9. Post #329
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,027 Posts

Edited:

Does anyone know who the first guy I posted is supposed to be, if anyone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #330
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,527 Posts
    he's not lit up so I don't think he's a mutant

11. Post #331
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,115 Posts
    Here, there's an article about Azazel. I know some of you like him so...

Who is AZAZEL?

[release]
    First Appearance
    [/release]

AZAZEL is a demonic-looking mutant and leader of the Neyaphem, he was banished to a dimensional void due to his appearance. Becoming bitter at what he considered "Normal-looking" mutants, AZAZEL began fathering children with mutants bearing strange appearances, one of whom would become Nightcrawler, as a part of his overall plan to escape the void. His first appearance was in Uncanny X-Men #428, during "The Draco" storyline. He was created by Chuck Austen and Sean Phillips.

[release]
    AZAZEL explains to his son, Nightcrawler, how their power works.
    [/release]

AZAZEL claims to be the devil that is referred to by many religious texts. Stating that he comes from Biblical times, AZAZEL is part of a race of mutants who are collectively known as the Neyaphem.

[release]
    The Revelation
    [/release]

They originally lived on La Isla des Demonas, an island located in the Caribbean. The Neyaphem believed the Earth was theirs to own and that humans were to be ruled over and used as slaves. However, another group of mutants known as the Cheyarafim were against this and eventually defeated and imprisoned the Neyaphem, including AZAZEL, in an alternate dimension. Ironically, this dimension, which smelled heavily of brimstone, was the one accessed by AZAZEL when using his teleportation powers.

[release]
    Warren Worthington, Angel, is believed to be a descendant of these Cheyarafim. His blood who heals others burns the "Neyaphem"
    [/release]

AZAZEL who was still trapped in the "brimstone" dimension, and was only able to leave for brief moments. Planned his escape back to earth by impregnating women because his children would have a link to the brimstone dimension. Many years ago he started mating with women and one of these women is Mystique who at the time was married to a rich castle lord named Baron Christian Wagner. When Mystique was introduced to AZAZEL, she had an instant attraction to him. Although she was hesitant to betray Christian, she gave in to AZAZEL and they made love. Not much later, Mystique became pregnant with the mutant who will later be known as Nightcrawler.

[release]
    [/release]

AZAZEL also sired several dozen other children, who were all mysteriously called to gather and sacrifice themselves on the island known as the Isla Des Demonas. Doing this would open a portal and bring his army back to earth, allowing the demonic mutants to live in the world and find their place in it. The mutant children worked together in a zombie-like state and opened the portal to AZAZEL's dimension.

However, AZAZEL was not able to free the Neyaphem because the portal had to be opened in an area where Cheyarafim blood could not be found. Archangel was present at the time and as such the portal was destroyed. AZAZEL is yet to be seen again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Singapore Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #332
    November 2009
    9,927 Posts
    The Soundtrack in this movie is pretty good.

13. Post #333
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,115 Posts
    X-Men 3 director fights back against First Class director's trash talk

X-Men: First Class director Matthew Vaughn has been trashing 2006's X-Men: The Last Stand at pretty much every opportunity he's had lately. But now The Last Stand director Brett Ratner is fighting back.

Vaughn was originally supposed to direct X-Men: The Last Stand, but bowed out because he was worried that the production schedule was too tight for him to deliver the film properly. Brett Ratner took over and, even though The Last Stand was a huge financial success (the biggest of all the X-Men movies, actually), critics and fans tore it apart.

According to The Playlist, Vaughn agreed with the consensus on The Last Stand, telling a British newspaper in 2007, "I was trying to make a career as a director, and I didn't want to be the guy accused of making a bad 'X-Men' movie. As it happens, I could have made something a hundred times better than the film that was eventually made. It sounds arrogant, but I could have done something with far more emotion and heart."

Flash forward to the present and Vaughn, flush with the critical acclaim for X-Men: First Class, is still talking trash about The Last Stand: "I storyboarded the whole bloody film, did the script. My 'X3' would have been 40 minutes longer. They didn't let the emotions and the drama play in that film. It became wall-to-wall noise and drama. I would have let it breathe and added far more dramatic elements to it."

It seems that Ratner has had enough. Over the weekend he tweeted a link to a breakdown of the opening weekend box office gross for all five X-Men movies, with The Last Stand firmly on top with nearly $103 million and X-Men: First Class—which earned an estimated $56 million this past weekend—fighting for last place with the original X-Men.

Just for good measure, Ratner—who never calls out Vaughn by name in any of his tweets—also linked to a chart of all the Marvel movies, which has The Last Stand with the sixth-highest gross of all two dozen titles so far (First Class is number 19, but obviously we have yet to know its final earnings).

But is it really all about money? As The Playlist points out, First Class has faced an uphill battle that The Last Stand didn't. The latter movie followed the first two, excellent X-Men films and had the momentum from those to boost its box office, while First Class is an attempt to salvage the series' quality after the diminishing returns of The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Hell, if box office equaled quality, then The Hangover Part II would be looking at multiple Academy Award nominations in a few months.
    http://blastr.com/2011/06/its-on-x-men-3-director-f.php
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Singapore Show Events Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #334
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    2,791 Posts
    I still want to see this in an X-Men movie though.

15. Post #335
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,996 Posts
    Did anyone else notice the framerate judder was really bad? First movie it's ever really stood out to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #336
    March 2010
    7,896 Posts
    I am going to see this tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #337
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    11,649 Posts
    X-Men 3 director fights back against First Class director's trash talk

http://blastr.com/2011/06/its-on-x-men-3-director-f.php
    First Class: Followed two piss-poor sequels
    X3: Followed two popular sequels

Yeah Ratner it's really a mystery why this film isn't making as much money right off the bat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #338
    November 2009
    6,464 Posts
    Just saw this, it was way better than I expected it to be. Thank God it removed all of the Wolverine film from my head (I have to say, I was laughing pretty hard at the cameo scene).

19. Post #339
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    6,246 Posts
    Did anyone else think Angel was useless? Those wings were really flimsy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

20. Post #340
    November 2009
    9,927 Posts
    Did anyone else think Angel was useless? Those wings were really flimsy
    She the worst of all. within 30mins she joins kevin bacon.

Also, I notice the guy who is in the war room plays the president in Red Alert 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #341
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    62,546 Posts
    kevin bacon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #342
    November 2009
    9,927 Posts
    kevin bacon
    huh

23. Post #343
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    6,246 Posts
    Bacon was a Nazi douche bag, But the entire story could of ended if magneto killed the guards and Bacon.

Edited:

The blue chick was fucking gross, no wonder beast wanted her to be human.
    Fuck she has no nipples.

24. Post #344
    October 2010
    587 Posts
    Bacon was a Nazi douche bag, But the entire story could of ended if magneto killed the guards and Bacon.

Edited:

The blue chick was fucking gross, no wonder beast wanted her to be human.
    Fuck she has no nipples.
    couldn't bacon have just eaten up the energy from whatever erik threw at him or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #345
    November 2009
    1,455 Posts
    Thanks for that post rong

26. Post #346
    April 2011
    1,610 Posts
    couldn't bacon have just eaten up the energy from whatever erik threw at him or something
    Yes.

27. Post #347
    November 2009
    1,455 Posts
    I liked the movie although it only started getting serious at the end, like Vaughn said I could really feel the emotions when Xavier was hit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #348
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,016 Posts

Also, I notice the guy who is in the war room plays the president in Red Alert 2
    Me and my friend both looked at each other when he came on screen.

29. Post #349
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    4,790 Posts
    She the worst of all. within 30mins she joins kevin bacon.

Me and my friend recognised him from Twin Peaks so we just gasped and mouthed 'Leland!' :haw:

30. Post #350
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,476 Posts
    Just saw this yesterday, was pretty awesome.

31. Post #351
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    6,246 Posts
    Well is a metal cleaver flying into your face absorb-able?

32. Post #352
    April 2011
    1,610 Posts
    We saw him absorb other stuff that Magneto threw at him.

33. Post #353
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    11,649 Posts
    And magneto didn't really have good control of his power then
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

34. Post #354
    November 2009
    9,927 Posts
    Was bacon a mutant at the start?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

35. Post #355
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    13,323 Posts
    It's obvious that FOX has done it right.

Now, Spider-Man awaits!
    The bastards down at Rotten Tomatoes must be off of their rockers, again. This movie was good and entertaining, but a 97%? No, no, a hundred times no.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #356
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    4,790 Posts
    The bastards down at Rotten Tomatoes must be off of their rockers, again. This movie was good and entertaining, but a 97%? No, no, a hundred times no.
    I really don't like RT

If every person rated it a 7/10, it'd end up getting 100%

While if everyone rated it 6/10 then it'd get 0%

or something like that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #357
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,115 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Singapore Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #358
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,084 Posts
    I really don't like RT

If every person rated it a 7/10, it'd end up getting 100%

While if everyone rated it 6/10 then it'd get 0%

or something like that
    it generally works fine though, the scores just need time to 'settle' after a new release

39. Post #359
    January 2010
    2,389 Posts
    I liked it, exceeded my expectations at any rate.

Although my friend is convinced that Havok somehow becomes Cyclops.

40. Post #360
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,981 Posts
    Magneto could of just crushed shaw's helmet and killed him
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)