1. Post #1
    February 2005
    13 Posts
    Hello, Underhell Prologue has recently been released !

Underhell is an Episodic Modification for Half Life 2.

You can read everything you want about the game on the mod db page, here's the trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ah5tZq_cJo

Here's all the links you need !

http://www.moddb.com/mods/underhell

http://forums.wecreatestuff.com/inde.../16-underhell/

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Underhell

http://www.moddb.com/mods/underhell/...rhell-prologue

Have fun ! :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Winner Winner x 26Dumb Dumb x 4Informative Informative x 3Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,888 Posts
    God , I was waiting for this for years , and now I cant download it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Russian Federation Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,359 Posts
    I played for a bit, lost interest, and uninstalled. It's not a bad mod by any means; I just couldn't figure out how to open the parking gate and lost interest in the story as well. I like how you guys actually tried to add situations and story sequences that you would probably see in commercial games rather than in the average SP Source mod, so I applaud you for that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    February 2005
    13 Posts
    I played for a bit, lost interest, and uninstalled. It's not a bad mod by any means; I just couldn't figure out how to open the parking gate and lost interest in the story as well. I like how you guys actually tried to add situations and story sequences that you would probably see in commercial games rather than in the average SP Source mod, so I applaud you for that.
    Thanks for the comment, I will see about making that Parking Fence more obvious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,359 Posts
    Reinstalling because I'm bored. I'll be too scared to explore the house hub, even if I'll learn more about the story. :ohdear:

Oh, and how do you open the gate?

6. Post #6
    February 2005
    13 Posts
    On the wall near the fence, you see a window, on this same wall theres a door with a bright light, just open the door and in there, there is the button to open the fence, with another bright light on it.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,359 Posts
    Ah, missed that.

8. Post #8
    Quality Poster
    August 2010
    9,181 Posts
    Shame level design is poor and blocky
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,359 Posts
    Just finished it. Wow. You guys have done a fantastic job. I am eagerly awaiting Chapter 1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

10. Post #10
    February 2005
    13 Posts
    Thanks man ! Thanks for going back in ;)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    2,960 Posts
    I used this link and the download stopped at 98% and wouldn't continue.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,028 Posts
    Why is "SMOD" in the title? A little misleading, don't you think? :colbert:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 20 (list)

13. Post #13
    December 2009
    1,983 Posts
    Why is "SMOD" in the title? A little misleading, don't you think? :colbert:
    Because the mod was made through Smod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Informative Informative x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,133 Posts
    It's mod that uses Smod as a base.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,074 Posts
    I really loved this, although the ending was pretty confusing, and exploring the house was much more creepy than anything else, and the dream sequences were a bit bland and too dark to even see anything, but the mod itself was great fun, especially the slowmo scene, you just need to make load times quicker if possible, I don't like waiting 2-5 minutes every time I die. I also found a few glitches, like the lack of invisible walls preventing you on climbing walls in the parking lot and managing to leave the map, but this mod was really great, I can't wait for the next one. What did happen in the end by the way? You might wanna use spoiler tags.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,359 Posts
       Instead of having to go to court for the massacre you caused, a military corporation of some kind takes you to work in a prison labor facility located underground nicknamed 'Underhell'.   

I feel an urge to explore the house since I have nothing else to do in the mod, but I can't bring myself to do it. :ohdear:

17. Post #17
    August 2010
    932 Posts
    Shame level design is poor and blocky
    Just be happy someone actually did something with Smod's base.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

18. Post #18
    February 2010
    6,081 Posts
    But what's the story?

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    2,960 Posts
    This is amazing, definitely the best HL2 mod i have ever played.
    Anyone knows how to turn off motion blur? It's not in the options.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,657 Posts
    Just played this. Definitely surprised me how good it was. I would really recommend playing this.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    3,784 Posts
    This game is amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

22. Post #22
    You had me at meat tornado.
    June 2008
    5,565 Posts
    So it's a mod for a mod?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    February 2010
    6,081 Posts
    It's a mod made from a mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    3,784 Posts
    Its a mod of a mod of a game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Zing Zing x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    July 2007
    2,368 Posts
    Having a lot of fun in this mod so far:
    http://min.us/ljzkB2
    http://min.us/lj39xY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    February 2010
    2,872 Posts
    The mod was fun. However, I didn't really like the fact that there isn't a crosshair, the gun moves like a bitch and that there was no Quick Save.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Bulgaria Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    July 2007
    2,368 Posts
    The mod was fun. However, I didn't really like the fact that there isn't a crosshair, the gun moves like a bitch and that there was no Quick Save.
    The controls are definitely somewhat unconventional.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

28. Post #28
    Hello Handsome
    Dennab
    February 2010
    13,495 Posts
    Controls are a bit odd, but overall a nice modification. I like the episodic theme more than anything else for the Source engine, for even Mods take years to make. But with this system, all you need to do is make maps, which only take a few months per map (a moderately good map would take 2-5 months on spare time/1-3 months full time).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,330 Posts
    Am I the only one who cant download it?
    It says the file is waiting for authorization.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,028 Posts
    Fun mod, but way way too dark. Lack of light =/= scary, it just equals frustration.

Other than that and the motion blur, pretty good.

31. Post #31
    Hello Handsome
    Dennab
    February 2010
    13,495 Posts
    For some fucking reason the game won't start and says: "cache needs repair."

What the fuck.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,417 Posts
    Looks interesting, bookmarked, will play through it later when i have more time.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    4,422 Posts
    What happened to the download?

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    11,206 Posts
    For those who couldn't find a download http://underhell.wecreatestuff.com/?p=4#DownloadLinks

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,688 Posts
    Its made by We Create Stuff? Those guys are good.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    2,960 Posts
    I tried taking my buddy with me in the elevator, while he was about to enter the door closed and crushed his arm, he shot everywhere inside the elevator and then exploded.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 24Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,688 Posts

Doctor.Romero@nhlhospital.com
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 8Winner Winner x 3Late Late x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    October 2009
    1,026 Posts
    Isn't Mrs. Hawkfield (if that's the girl playing piano at the end) the same model as Emily from NH2?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,688 Posts
    Game was particularly... slow for me. The performance was fast, but the loading screens took 10 minutes. Im pretty sure my game crashed when I tried playing the Prologue.

Edited:

Also, I love how the computer uses half XP and half Classic theme.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,748 Posts
    I played through this tonight and loved it. Excellent mod, now waiting for the rest of it to come out.