1. Post #81
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,663 Posts
    i'm in my town!, BUT IT WONT LET ME GO, IT ONLY LETS ME TURN!

2. Post #82
    October 2010
    3,292 Posts
    to travel faster you can just double click on the ground in the direction you need to go, it'll skip you forward a couple units each time you do this.

Make sure you have the little circle on the ground and have it as far away from you as it can be before it turns into the vertical square and in the direction you wish to travel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

3. Post #83
    March 2010
    2,435 Posts
    Spawned in Glasgow, live near Portsmouth.

fml

I'm in a council estate and a man with a knife appears to be chasing me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 20 (list)

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,663 Posts
    Ok, I got it, I see the BP/McDonalds, Almost there!

5. Post #85
    Alright I've in Ottery-St_mary, now to find the A-30

6. Post #86
    June 2008
    886 Posts
    Spawned in Texas, thought I was in Mexico.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,688 Posts
    Tried Casper, Wyoming. Goddamn, who would want to live in such a desolate state? Nothing but warehouses through the entire city, I only followed the directions of cars because I decided, anyone on these roads must be trying to get out of Wyoming.

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,614 Posts
    First 2 locations for me had really bugged mapped.

Then I spawned at the top of my country, down a country road.

Which then turned out to be Africa.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,663 Posts
    I found my street, I see my house, but it street view didn't go down my street, do I win?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,302 Posts
    Does Exeter have an airport?
    Yes, what street are you on? I could find my way home from Exeter with ease.

11. Post #91
    March 2010
    2,435 Posts
    What appears to be a pleasant suburb at first....

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 21 (list)

12. Post #92
    March 2011
    162 Posts
    Spawned in El Paso, Texas. All I see now is a dirt road, a dead dog, and a mexican holding what appears to be a water bottle filled with something black. :wtc:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,302 Posts
    On my way to Ottery-St-Mary, should be able to find a motorway out of there towards London
    Another place I could easily find my way home from.

I keep getting Scottland and Wales. :saddowns:

14. Post #94
    YES I found the motorway. Should be plain sailing from now on.

Only 400 kilometres to go.

15. Post #95
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,614 Posts
    Can we use boat ports as well?

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,302 Posts
    What appears to be a pleasant suburb at first....

I like how the bag is blurred out.

17. Post #97

fuck gran turismo - this is the real driving simulator
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 27 (list)

18. Post #98
    March 2011
    162 Posts
    Wish me luck :gonk:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 35 (list)

19. Post #99
    July 2009
    4,689 Posts
    I'm going down a highway and it keeps changing seasons

that's about the only noteworthy thing I've seen so far, though I did see a guy getting pulled over and laughed at him
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

20. Post #100
    Yes, what street are you on? I could find my way home from Exeter with ease.
    fuck I'm already past Honiton

oh well

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,121 Posts
    I found the Whitehouse
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

22. Post #102
    Heineken made me rich
    June 2005
    4,681 Posts
    Started in some stupid town in North Yorkshire, no idea what it was called. I'm on an A road now heading north...

23. Post #103
    I keep going down the motorway, chasing this truck

It won't get any nearer because the Google Car can't overtake
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

24. Post #104
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,302 Posts
    fuck I'm already past Honiton

oh well
    Heading which way? I'm guessing away from Cornwal.

25. Post #105
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,663 Posts
    oh god, I hit the Go button again, and it put me down the street from where I lived about 6 years ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    Heading which way? I'm guessing away from Cornwal.

27. Post #107
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,969 Posts
    Put the start address and my city, 39.7 miles into google maps after finding my way home, I took the most optimized route, except I stumbled around a bit towards the beginning. Once I got on the freeway I knew where I was going.

28. Post #108
    I love the blurriness when you click to a new location

ENGAGE MAXIMUM WARP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 18Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #109
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    6,709 Posts
    aw fuck I'm in Quebec I can't read french
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,302 Posts
    I kept pressing the go button because I wanted somewhere close to me, and I think I'm about 5 minutes from my friends house.

31. Post #111
    the fast travel system in this game sucks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 25 (list)

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,302 Posts
    I think I traveled on the A30 a few weeks ago when I went to Portsmouth, look out for a pink/brown castle in Honiton.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #113
    I remember when titles used to mean something, now you can get one for a dollar, this all used to be fields, get off my lawn damn kids etc.
    May 2006
    6,328 Posts
    Such a weird game. Reading through this thread, it genuinely sounds like everyone appeared in a random location and are going through an insane adventure to get back home.

I tried it and spawned in the middle of nowhere first, then the second time appeared in Portsmouth. Then I realised I had absolutely no idea of how to get to my house and bailed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

34. Post #114
    PROTIP: be careful when travelling across bridges.

I accidentally clicked underneath it and I spent about 5 minutes backtracking to get back on top.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 7 (list)

35. Post #115
    August 2010
    694 Posts
    Of course. It puts me in Hawaii, when I live in Philadelphia. Also, instead of having a damn flight simulator, couldn't Google Earth have had a car simulator? That way, we would actually be able to get there in a realistic time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #116
    Voted WORST Gold Member 2012
    August 2005
    15,749 Posts
    Get lost virtually,exciting and..pretentious as never.

What I am trxing to say: people get thrilled over "doing kind of a journey" while sitting in front of their PCs. That's weirs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Optimistic Optimistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #117
    September 2010
    761 Posts
    Ooh! An A road, and a sign, to Cheltenham. Where the fuck is that, it sounds familiar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #118
    Get lost virtually,exciting and..pretentious as never.

What I am trxing to say: people get thrilled over "doing kind of a journey" while sitting in front of their PCs. That's weirs.
    yet you play fallout
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)

39. Post #119
    September 2010
    4,175 Posts
    Spawned in Dublin.

Well fuck. Getting to England first, I'm not trusting these drunken pilots!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #120
    August 2010
    694 Posts
    Just spawned in Los Angeles 3 times in a row.

Edit :

And again