1. Post #441
    February 2010
    870 Posts
    Do anyone know if this is up to date?
    Yes, yes it is. Until Portal 2 comes out. At which point I'm sure the author will update it.

Edited:

Actually it looks like he didn't add in the retconned ending to Portal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

2. Post #442
    October 2010
    476 Posts
    I had a dream last night that I was downloading Portal 2.. then I woke up and realized I wasn't.
    D:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

3. Post #443
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    14,661 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Late Late x 10Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #444
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,755 Posts
    It cuts off on the side, so I can't read the whole thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 4 (list)

5. Post #445
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    14,661 Posts
    It cuts off on the side, so I can't read the whole thing.
    It's a teaser; it's meant to be like that.

JC posted it on twitter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #446
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    4,849 Posts
    I posted that ages ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #447
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,905 Posts
    What is it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #448
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2007
    15,299 Posts
    New issue of PC Gamer has a preview of the game. I would scan it but I am away for the weekend.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Russian Federation Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

9. Post #449
    January 2010
    2,617 Posts
    http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/11/j-...-johnson-in-p/

Joystiq posted:
    PAX East attendees are in for a real treat at Valve's Portal 2 booth this year. Not only do they get to listen to Steven Merchant as the charmingly befuddled Wheatley, but they're also the first to hear actor J.K. Simmons as Aperture Science president and founder Cave Johnson. Known for his role as J.J. Jameson in the Spider-Man films, Simmons brings the same clipped delivery to Portal 2, guiding the player through the (at least) the first few test chambers. A sampling:
    "Those of you who volunteered to be injected with praying mantis DNA, I've got some goods news and some bad news. The bad news is we're postponing those tests indefinitely. The good news is we've got a much better test for you: Fighting an army of Mantis Men."
    Cave Johnson was first rumored as a Portal 2 character in a casting call discovered way back in 2008. Valve's Erik Wolpaw told us that the Portal 2 team actually didn't have Simmons in mind when writing for Johnson's character began. Originally, Valve envisioned Johnson with "sort of a southern voice," but eventually went with a more midwestern character.

Wolpaw wouldn't tell us how large a role Johnson has in the game, saying only that "you'll hear a lot of him."
    Joystiq posted:
    "you'll hear a lot of him."
    PARKER! OPEN THE GODDAMN PORTAL!

Edited:

This game is going to be amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Winner Winner x 3 (list)

10. Post #450
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    14,661 Posts
    http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/11/j-...-johnson-in-p/

PARKER! OPEN THE GODDAMN PORTAL!

Edited:

This game is going to be amazing.
    Haha. If they model Cave Johnson I hope they do it after him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

11. Post #451
    1.21 GIGAWATTS!
    May 2010
    6,542 Posts
    Haha. If they model Cave Johnson I hope they do it after him.

Already close enough, just add a 'tache.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

12. Post #452
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,905 Posts

Already close enough, just add a 'tache.
    Where is this from?

13. Post #453
    January 2011
    2,242 Posts
    Where is this from?
    Some Valve picture from about 2 years ago. Around the time they started looking for a voiceactor for Cave.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #454
    November 2010
    5,157 Posts

Mantis-men!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny x 12Friendly x 1Dumb x 1Winner x 1Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #455
    February 2010
    2,872 Posts
    Some Valve picture from about 2 years ago. Around the time they started looking for a voiceactor for Cave.
    Some casting, that was the first hint of Valve developing Portal 2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Bulgaria Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #456
    It's a boomer! Watch out!
    March 2009
    1,518 Posts
    Does the new issue of pc gamer have anything that we haven't seen yet?

17. Post #457
    1.21 GIGAWATTS!
    May 2010
    6,542 Posts

I don't know why I made this. I was aiming for Jameson but ended up with Australian Cave Johnson.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 20Artistic Artistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #458
    October 2010
    765 Posts
    When a new Valve game is released, when is it added to the complete pack, and how much more does the pack cost?

19. Post #459
    1.21 GIGAWATTS!
    May 2010
    6,542 Posts
    When a new Valve game is released, when is it added to the complete pack, and how much more does the pack cost?
    The pack never increases in price as far as I know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #460
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,905 Posts
    The pack never increases in price as far as I know.
    it does

it is like 10% off each game i think

Edited:

also

36 DAYS :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #461
    February 2010
    2,872 Posts

36 DAYS :D
    Sadly, they aren't just 3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Bulgaria Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #462
    Dr. Conro J. Norock, Robot Sarcasm Master
    July 2007
    7,712 Posts
    Was anyone able to make out Cave's welcome speech? It was hard to make out
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

23. Post #463
    July 2009
    313 Posts
    Was anyone able to make out Cave's welcome speech? It was hard to make out
    "Welcome to Aperture Science. Astronauts, war heroes, Olympians, you're here because we want the best and you are it! Now...(hard to make out)...introduce myself. I'm Cave Johnson. I own the place. (hard to make out) ...Who's ready to make some science?"

That's all I could make out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Bahrain Show Events Informative Informative x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #464
    November 2007
    586 Posts
    This thread has gone past the point I feel comfortable in reading about/discussing.

See you all in 36+ days, it's been fun posting here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #465
    February 2010
    2,872 Posts
    This thread has gone past the point I feel comfortable in reading about/discussing.

Well, there are a lot of spoilers around here...

When Portal 2 is released: I will mess in the test chambers with those gels and faith plates, rather than just solving them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Bulgaria Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

26. Post #466
    HAND.CAT
    July 2010
    4,589 Posts

Stop whining.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Panama Show Events Dumb x 10Agree x 2Friendly x 1Useful x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #467
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,931 Posts
    Glad to see that they're showing off more singleplayer, I hope we get a demo showing us 2 of the new concepts though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

28. Post #468
    October 2010
    476 Posts
    Any ideas on some other characters we may meet throughout the game, besides Wheatley, Cave Johnson, and GLaDOS?

29. Post #469
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,008 Posts
    Any ideas on some other characters we may meet throughout the game, besides Wheatley, Cave Johnson, and GLaDOS?
    Other spheres. Kinda hard to speculate on that when there hasn't been a lot revealed on what other characters there could be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #470
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,905 Posts
    two cores get stuck on the same rail and begin arguing, then they live there for a few years, make up, get married and have children, all stuck on the same rail when you disconnect them and they all die

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #471
    August 2009
    6,749 Posts
    two cores get stuck on the same rail and begin arguing, then they live there for a few years, make up, get married and have children, all stuck on the same rail when you disconnect them and they all die

An angry core that keeps shouting at you and bosses you around.

"This test is about X..."
    " So what are you waiting for, a hug?"

Also a more logical core would be nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Egypt Show Events

32. Post #472
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,905 Posts
    I expect to see more evolved glados cores

more annoying curiosity core, a extremely careful morality core, ect

33. Post #473
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,958 Posts
    Glad to see that they're showing off more singleplayer, I hope we get a demo showing us 2 of the new concepts though.
    Oh hey, someone is still using one of the avatars I made! :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events

34. Post #474
    March 2011
    72 Posts
    I for one find Mr. Johnson's new look appealing.

Hope it's okay if I post this here.

Edited:

More singleplayer?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 11Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #475
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,931 Posts
    I'm not a multiplayer person, they've given Co-op all the light, it's a neat idea to get four portals, but I perfer working alone, or get bots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #476
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,905 Posts
    Damn, i hope there is splitscreen support
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #477
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    6,162 Posts
    I'm not a multiplayer person, they've given Co-op all the light, it's a neat idea to get four portals, but I perfer working alone, or get bots.
    So why is Atlas your avatar?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Zing Zing x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #478
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,755 Posts
    " So what are you waiting for, a hug?"
    Great, they made an Arnold Magnusson Personality Sphere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #479
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,931 Posts
    Atlas looks cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #480
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    12,975 Posts
    By the time i did stuff and all that at pax, when i went to get the pic again for the shirt, was unable to do due to the fact that employees were wearing a different shirt that has the Portal 1 logo/ was wearing a Aperture Science jacket

:saddowns:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)