1. Post #3161
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,147 Posts
    PS3 version is best* version.
    *Only because it includes for free the real best version, PC.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 29Zing Zing x 8Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #3162
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,648 Posts
    How about we compromise that PS3+PC version is best version.

And that 360 version SUCk IT.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 23Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3163
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,909 Posts
    And that 360 version SUCk IT.
    Normally I'd side with the 360, but it doesn't have cross-platform.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #3164
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,817 Posts
    Normally I'd side with the 360, but it doesn't have cross-platform.
    and forces $15 dlcs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 10Informative Informative x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

5. Post #3165
    January 2011
    570 Posts
    I have my ominous countdown in the corner at all times.

I think that's the right time based on the steam countdown...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 10Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #3166
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,368 Posts
    Add me to the pre-order, my id is stevebrule
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Israel Show Events

7. Post #3167
    HAND.CAT
    July 2010
    4,592 Posts
    Hello everyone! well, after a little delay to adjust to the new release date here's today's pic if you haven't seen it yet, PROTIP: It's in the OP. The real-time countdown is on the steam page, but since I already started this, I'll continue til the last day.

When I see this picture the only thing that goes trough my mind is "It scares the hell out of them..."

Button for your avatars:

Also superdinoman's mom...

Kthxbye.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Panama Show Events Winner Winner x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #3168
    July 2008
    327 Posts
    I have my ominous countdown in the corner at all times.

I think that's the right time based on the steam countdown...
    I have my own countdown too.

Wait.

What?

Actually don't.

Anyway, Conro, be so kind and add me to the list, please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Funny Funny x 37Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #3169
    Paid for a title.
    June 2005
    6,175 Posts
    These jokes are only funny if someone doesn't get that it's a joke. Thanks PlazmaBurst.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 8Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #3170
    July 2008
    327 Posts
    These jokes are only funny if someone doesn't get that it's a joke. Thanks PlazmaBurst.
    Don't worry, I got that it's a joke.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

11. Post #3171
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,902 Posts
    I felt a sudden urge to join this thread, what's going on?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 8Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

12. Post #3172
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    11,816 Posts
    I have my own countdown too.

Wait.

What?

Actually don't.
    He wants to calibrate some small horses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Funny Funny x 17Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #3173
    March 2010
    4 Posts
    Fun fact: I've been 7,74 short for 6 months now. No income, not a single cent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #3174
    September 2009
    5,112 Posts
    Go suck some cocks for money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 9Optimistic Optimistic x 2Useful Useful x 2 (list)

15. Post #3175
    July 2010
    159 Posts
    http://www.facebook.com/ApSci/posts/10150216659165605
    References...they are everywhere...
    Seems like superdinomans mom has successfully become more popular than himself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

16. Post #3176
    Dennab
    March 2008
    734 Posts
    I felt a sudden urge to join this thread, what's going on?
    Go away and take your ponies with you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

17. Post #3177
    October 2010
    5,668 Posts
    Well put
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

18. Post #3178
    August 2009
    6,751 Posts
    I want a real turret with a chameleon skin, so it changes it's skin according to it's background.

Edited:

I just made myself daydream about fighting cloaking P-bodies in the Borealis in Episode 3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Egypt Show Events Winner Winner x 3Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #3179
    October 2010
    2,831 Posts
    I want a real turret with a chameleon skin, so it changes it's skin according to it's background.

Edited:

I just made myself daydream about fighting cloaking P-bodies in the Borealis in Episode 3.
    That would actually be a really cool enemy, P-bodies with some kind of energy weapon and a cloaking device.

Edited:

Also i'm poor. I WANT PORTAL 2 SO BAD.

Guess i'll have to wait 3 months for it to go on sale.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

20. Post #3180
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,147 Posts
    Go away and take your ponies with you
    Nice job calling someone out just because of their avatar, totally relevant to the thread. :downsbravo:

Edited:

I guess you could change the texture properties to make it transparent or something. I am not a model maker so I have no clue how to do that but someone in the TF2 Emporium might be able to help.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #3181
    October 2010
    2,831 Posts
    Nice job calling someone out just because of their avatar, totally relevant to the thread. :downsbravo:

I guess you could change the texture properties to make it transparent or something. I am not a model maker so I have no clue how to do that but someone in the TF2 Emporium might be able to help.
    Texturing doesn't really work like that. If you just wanted to make him invisible/partially invisble, you would have to set the model to an alpha channel, but that would look REALLY ugly. Scripting gives it a much better look.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #3182
    Dennab
    March 2008
    734 Posts
    Go away and take your soldiers with you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 7Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #3183
    August 2009
    6,751 Posts
    I was talking about the cameo skins, not cloaking turrets. The turret would detect The major background pattern and replicate it. also I was joking, because I mentioned it being real.

Edited:

Go away and take your Medisoldiers with you.
    Fixed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Egypt Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #3184
    October 2010
    2,831 Posts
    I was talking about the cameo skins, not cloaking turrets. The turret would detect The major background pattern and replicate it. also I was joking, because I mentioned it being real.

Edited:

Fixed
    That would be really cool, too. They would be like robotic cuddlefish.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

25. Post #3185
    February 2011
    368 Posts
    Go away and take your CoD: Blackops characters with you.

On topic, add me to the pre-order list. FP name is scotland1 (this is an alt) and steam name is scotland4ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #3186
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,406 Posts
    Go away and take your CoD: Blackops characters with you.

On topic, add me to the pre-order list. FP name is scotland1 (this is an alt) and steam name is scotland4ever.
    go away and take your....
    wait is that a country?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Malaysia Show Events

27. Post #3187
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,301 Posts
    It would be awesome if during EP3/HL3 an army of Aperture Military androids and turrets appear to fight the combine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #3188
    October 2010
    2,831 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Funny Funny x 2 (list)

29. Post #3189
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,084 Posts
    Fun fact: I've been 7,74€ short for 6 months now. No income, not a single cent.
    Your parents must hate you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #3190
    May 2009
    852 Posts

It would be easier with a custom shader that after a given time changes its texture to refract what went through it a second or so ago, along with other properties.

Edited:

I just realized this might be a case like portal where you have to render the world more then one time...

31. Post #3191
    FABULOUS
    December 2010
    1,567 Posts

This may have something to do with portal?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #3192
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,856 Posts

Maybe in an alternate reality where a screamer involving horns won't get you banned. :colbert:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

33. Post #3193
    FABULOUS
    December 2010
    1,567 Posts
    Maybe in an alternate reality where a screamer involving horns won't get you banned. :colbert:
    http://valvearg.info/wiki/Portal_2
    (Look at the Unverified Video part, then look who uploaded that video)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

34. Post #3194

August 2010
    546 Posts

THATS TOMMOROW :D Or in America somewhere in July.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

35. Post #3195
    July 2010
    417 Posts
    Also the next GTTV EPISODE is tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #3196
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    9,204 Posts
    Also the next GTTV EPISODE is tomorrow.
    It says Thursday at 1:00 AM. Does that mean tonight?

37. Post #3197
    [SIZE=6][COLOR="#EE82EE"]Hardcore My Little Pony Fan[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    July 2008
    5,870 Posts
    Don't start this again, portal 2 is pretty much the same for the each platforms so there really can't be the best version.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 10Dumb Dumb x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #3198
    October 2009
    3,454 Posts
    Anybody know if they are going to restrict the console like in l4d 2?

Talking about PC version here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #3199
    July 2010
    159 Posts
    Don't start this again
    Argree.
    portal 2 is pretty much the same for the each platforms so there really can't be the best version.
    Disagree. However, that's not a reason to flame here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #3200
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,147 Posts
    Don't start this again, portal 2 is pretty much the same for the each platforms so there really can't be the best version.
    PS3: Steam, free PC/Mac version, can play with PC/Mac, free* updates, 55USD
    PC: Steam, free Mac version, can play with Mac/PS3, free updates, better graphics, full modding support, that hydra motion control thing, 45USD
    360: 5$* for updates, 55USD

*No prices have been announced but I think its safe to assume at least that.

Not trying to start anything just stating facts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Zing Zing x 7Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)