1. Post #3681
    Just lost $10.
    May 2009
    3,333 Posts
    It's very different from the PAX Prime demo. Interesting.

Edited:

Also Conro101, I'm rendering the video in Vegas. It's gonna take a while to do so and then upload it afterwards. Just a heads up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #3682
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,287 Posts
    Does anyone like those new Emancipation Grids? I don't.
    I like the Activate/deactivate effect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

3. Post #3683
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,459 Posts
    wow they took care of communication in the co-op very well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

4. Post #3684
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,338 Posts
    wow they took care of communication in the co-op very well
    Agree. Even if you don't have a mic, you don't have to type! Real game innovation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

5. Post #3685
    Deductive Genius
    November 2009
    3,960 Posts
    I wish one of my friends would get Portal 2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #3686
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    10,024 Posts
    The way you're returned to a "hub" makes me think that custom maps will be addable to it easily, which is a nice thing. I like the idea of a central zone where you can pick from a selection of "courses" if you will. Reminds me of Little Big Planet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

7. Post #3687
    Deductive Genius
    November 2009
    3,960 Posts
    Ideally, there would just be one deconstruction chamber for custom maps, that brings up a sub menu where you select which maps you want to play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

8. Post #3688
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,800 Posts
    Wow, the coop looks absolutely amazing.
    I wow'd so many times in that video.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #3689
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,338 Posts
    The way you're returned to a "hub" makes me think that custom maps will be addable to it easily, which is a nice thing. I like the idea of a central zone where you can pick from a selection of "courses" if you will. Reminds me of Little Big Planet.
    Honestly, it reminds me of the adventure fields in Sonic Adventure: Director's Cut. Which is good, because I love that game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #3690
    It's a boomer! Watch out!
    March 2009
    1,519 Posts
    Ideally, there would just be one deconstruction chamber for custom maps, that brings up a sub menu where you select which maps you want to play.
    I'm thinking it will be somewhat like this, or users can create a custom hub map and other levels with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #3691
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    10,024 Posts
    Honestly, it reminds me of the adventure fields in Sonic Adventure: Director's Cut. Which is good, because I love that game.
    Yeah. I love the idea of a central place where you can choose a map to play with your partner in co-op. It makes me want to create an endless amount of custom levels just to be able to put them on display in a huge room which I would rather not have to make myself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #3692
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,908 Posts
    I wish one of my friends would get Portal 2.
    I actually have too many friends getting it (IRL and online). I don't know which one I will play through it with first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #3693
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    10,024 Posts
    I'm thinking it will be somewhat like this, or users can create a custom hub map and other levels with it.
    I'm betting that Valve are going to make it easy by allowing us to choose between the two. It'd be cooler to use a central place, and then just walk into rooms for the story related ones, and one for "custom" which has a ton of other rooms which when entered load a custom map. Having it all automated would be nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #3694
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,800 Posts
    Hub reminds me of oc_lobby in Obsidian Conflict
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

15. Post #3695
    It's a boomer! Watch out!
    March 2009
    1,519 Posts
    I'm betting that Valve are going to make it easy by allowing us to choose between the two. It'd be cooler to use a central place, and then just walk into rooms for the story related ones, and one for "custom" which has a ton of other rooms which when entered load a custom map. Having it all automated would be nice.
    Automated would be nice, But what if I want a custom hub central room? Or something else, I'm sure it will be possible.

I also wonder if valve will make co-op dlc. It seems pretty easy to just add another room to a hub and have a whole new level pack. Single player would be better though, for the story.

16. Post #3696
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,908 Posts
    I almost feel like how I did in the lead-up to the Orange Box. Feels good, man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #3697
    December 2007
    786 Posts
    sorry if this is late but awesome a portal 2 comic http://www.thinkwithportals.com/comic/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

18. Post #3698
    June 2010
    826 Posts
    The comic's on the official site now: http://www.thinkwithportals.com/comic/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Late Late x 7Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #3699
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    18,248 Posts
    nice job

20. Post #3700
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,179 Posts
    Sweet no more shitty IGN watermark.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

21. Post #3701
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    10,024 Posts
    Wow, what autist filed the Portal 2 coop video on IGN under XBox 360, it's being played on the fucking PC...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 5Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #3702
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    9,521 Posts
    Awesome, there's a comic PDF and the images without text.

23. Post #3703
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,287 Posts
    Wow, what autist filed the Portal 2 coop video on IGN under XBox 360, it's being played on the fucking PC...
    Maybe its under all sections?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #3704
    I was thinking the same thing...
    Now I have Station Square's music stuck in my head. Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #3705
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,338 Posts
    I was thinking the same thing...
    Now I have Station Square's music stuck in my head. Thanks.
    Sorry. Y'know, it's funny thing that I happened to have thought of that game, because it's in my Gamecube right now, barely four feet to my left on a shelf.

26. Post #3706
    I have it in my Wii right now. I bought the Steam version too so I can play it on my netbook when I'm not even at home.

You know the game is good if you bought it twice for two completely different systems.

27. Post #3707
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    10,024 Posts
    Maybe its under all sections?
    It's still dumb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

28. Post #3708
    October 2009
    12,687 Posts
    Just watched that coop vid. Fucking amazing looking. I wish it was longer..I wanted to see one of them kill each other.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

29. Post #3709
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    9,652 Posts
    Could someone explain how all this ARG business is relating to Facepunch? I'm a bit confused. :confused:

30. Post #3710
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,937 Posts
    Could someone explain how all this ARG business is relating to Facepunch? I'm a bit confused. :confused:
    One of the ARG's referenced the member Superdinoman (or more specifically, his mother) on these forums.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

31. Post #3711
    November 2009
    9,494 Posts
    We crashed the Thinkwithportals site. Nice work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

32. Post #3712
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    11,100 Posts
    We crashed the Thinkwithportals site. Nice work.
    Still up for me

33. Post #3713
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    5,266 Posts
    Who else saw the Half Life secrets in the comic on page #14?
    The gravity gun and the H.E.V Suit charger?

Edited:

Oh and the healer.

Edited:

Aww, i am always late, first time reading it tho.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Late Late x 11Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #3714
    Just lost $10.
    May 2009
    3,333 Posts
    I finally got around to recording it. Managed to beat the game without dieing. Includes humorous glitch at the end where glados continually says things in demonic-slowmo even after I killed her.
    I finally got it rendered the way I want it to be, so I'll upload it tonight and PM it to you tommorow.

35. Post #3715
    December 2009
    869 Posts
    Inside Xbox has a Portal 2 interview with some new footage such as when Wheatley wakes up GLaDOS. Unfortunately, I can't record it because I have no capture card.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Japan Show Events Informative Informative x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #3716
    October 2007
    43 Posts
    tried searching for new footage, all i got was an interview from yesterday:

Edited:

with like 3 frames of new footage
    aka different angle of glados building a chamber with you underneath it, and a clip of one of the first arg images of a panel arranging itself in
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Malaysia Show Events Informative Informative x 5 (list)

37. Post #3717
    October 2009
    12,687 Posts
    I hope Jonathan Coulton's new song is as memorable as Still alive. But I don't have any doubt in it really.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

38. Post #3718
    Dennab
    April 2010
    2,092 Posts
    I CANT WATCH IT, I MUST RESIST!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Slovakia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #3719
    Just lost $10.
    May 2009
    3,333 Posts
    There's no spoilers holy shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

40. Post #3720
    October 2009
    12,687 Posts
    No spoilers. At all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)