1. Post #2481
    ZOEY SMITH
    November 2010
    3,880 Posts
    Question:

What sort of weaponry and headgear should I give the soldier for the parachutist pack?

I've got the buff-banner replacement sorted so I just need two weapons and a hat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #2482
    November 2009
    3,535 Posts
    Maybe an M14 gun for the shotgun? I don't know why, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #2483
    September 2009
    1,325 Posts
    Does anyone know what the Angry Birds plushes/characters look like from behind? Are there tail feathers or something?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events

4. Post #2484

September 2009
    3,264 Posts
    Red has 3 black feathers that start small and expand a little on the edge
    on the plush they are just arranged one of the other so that from left/right it would look like the 2d one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Israel Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #2485
    ZOEY SMITH
    November 2010
    3,880 Posts

Or something like this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #2486
    August 2009
    1,415 Posts
    Question:

What sort of weaponry and headgear should I give the soldier for the parachutist pack?

I've got the buff-banner replacement sorted so I just need two weapons and a hat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

7. Post #2487
    ZOEY SMITH
    November 2010
    3,880 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

8. Post #2488
    September 2009
    1,325 Posts
    Red has 3 black feathers that start small and expand a little on the edge
    on the plush they are just arranged one of the other so that from left/right it would look like the 2d one.
    I love you, man. Does this look good?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #2489
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2010
    3,893 Posts
    I just finished my first hat :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #2490
    September 2009
    1,325 Posts

Better angle. I'll re-do the beak to give it that curvy look after I've eaten dinner.

Edited:

:ninja:

11. Post #2491
    ZOEY SMITH
    November 2010
    3,880 Posts
    I just finished my first hat :buddy:
    Pic's or it didn't happen.

:P   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #2492

September 2009
    3,264 Posts
    I love you, man. Does this look good?

According to the 2d drawing, they are smaller and have a smoother shape and a different scale and angle to each one, like the 3 middle fingers on your right hand, theres the shortest, the tallest and one in between(from left to right and bottom to top)
    Example:

If you want to enchance it too you could extrude and make them bulky around the edge and skinny in the connection to the body so that they would go 3D even more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Israel Show Events

13. Post #2493
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2010
    3,893 Posts
    Pic's or it didn't happen.

:P   

:toot:
    Yes i know the texture sucks, but its my first hat, what do you expect?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #2494

September 2009
    3,264 Posts

That's actually a really cool idea, can I make one too?

15. Post #2495
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2010
    3,893 Posts
    That's actually a really cool idea, can I make one too?
    I dont mind, its not like i hold a copyright on traditional Japanese straw hats. But if you ARE going to make one, please for the love of god, put a neckstrap around the bottom like i didnt do
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

16. Post #2496
    December 2009
    1,654 Posts
    Question:

Some ideas for you. I personally really like the middle picture, the shotgun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #2497
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,957 Posts

Why did you use a pyramid instead of a cone?

(or poly based pyramid if you're going to be technical, you know who you are)   

18. Post #2498

September 2009
    3,264 Posts
    Gonna start working on this one because of the few details it has

19. Post #2499
    November 2009
    3,535 Posts
    Why did you use a pyramid instead of a cone?

(or poly based pyramid if you're going to be technical, you know who you are)   
    It looks like a cone, it's just that the seam is in the very front.

20. Post #2500
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,957 Posts
    It looks like a cone, it's just that the seam is in the very front.
    on second inspection yeah, there's a little paralax on the edges, so it may be a cone.

21. Post #2501
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2010
    3,893 Posts
    -sniped because its ugly :smith:-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #2502
    September 2009
    2,248 Posts

Now i know what you guys have to go through to make a hat, not including jiggle bones and paint ect.
    I'll try to be less of a dick from now on
    Now you get to learn about releasing quality things!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 3Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

23. Post #2503
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2010
    3,893 Posts
    :smith:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #2504
    August 2009
    1,963 Posts
    Asshole.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Dumb x 9Agree x 7Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #2505
    May 2009
    838 Posts

Now i know what you guys have to go through to make a hat, not including jiggle bones and paint ect.
    Congratulations on your first hat sir! May this be the start of a long and happy career in modeling to you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 12 (list)

26. Post #2506
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,957 Posts
    Fun fact: My first mod was renaming the new syringe projectile that never got used when the blutsauger was released. Second was renaming the beta nailgun nail to do the same.

Some 2.5 years ago now

EDIT:
    dug it up for lulz: http://www.gamebanana.com/skins/44810
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

27. Post #2507
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2010
    3,893 Posts
    I never thought that modeling could be... Fun...
    I feel good now :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #2508
    September 2009
    2,248 Posts
    :smith:
    One of the first things is "don't release your first mod"

It's just bad, nothing personal, but you have to try and make a more complex model, not just a primitive.

You gotta learn to "model" not just "make mods". yes, there is a difference.

I personally don't release my mods because i don't like the quality of them. Sure, i made some awesome prosthetics legs, but they're unreleased because my texture for them is shit no matter what i try.

For example, there are many tools for making models you haven't even touched, so I COULD say, that you really DON'T know what other people have to go through to make a hat, because they put a lot more work into theirs than you did with yours.

The jist is to keep working and make more complex things, but making a primitive and connecting it to a bone is not hat making.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #2509
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,957 Posts
    Also, compiling gets so much easier after the first few. You start recognising errors and how to fix them - keep at it and you will find it very rewarding.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #2510
    January 2011
    4,168 Posts

The asymmetry! D:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Argentina Show Events

31. Post #2511
    September 2009
    486 Posts
    Dude, how about you shut the hell up, hmm?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #2512
    Tyrannosaur Fisherman Extraordinaire (Not Game Fish)
    May 2009
    4,819 Posts
    Fun fact: My first mod was renaming the new syringe projectile that never got used when the blutsauger was released. Second was renaming the beta nailgun nail to do the same.

Some 2.5 years ago now
    My first official one was the elephant gun

which according to FPSbanana was 1 year ago

33. Post #2513
    December 2009
    1,654 Posts
    My first official one was the elephant gun

which according to FPSbanana was 1 year ago
    GameBanana can't keep track of things for more than 1 year, I thought
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #2514
    September 2009
    1,325 Posts
    Sorry to interrupt your nostalgia, but is this better for the tail?

35. Post #2515
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,957 Posts
    GameBanana can't keep track of things for more than 1 year, I thought
    It rounds to the nearest year after 1 year

36. Post #2516
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2010
    3,893 Posts
    I'm sad now, I guess you guys are right, I'm not cut out for modeling after all :smith:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 4Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #2517
    July 2009
    1,661 Posts
    We never said that.
    Just quality control. Most people don't post there real 1st model because it was simple.
    You just practice a metric shit ton then start to make nice models. These are the ones you release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #2518
    September 2009
    1,325 Posts
    I'm sad now, I guess you guys are right, I'm not cut out for modeling after all :smith:
    It's just a matter of practice! Keep on doing simple models just to get to know the program and it's functions, and you'll get there. Nobody makes the world's best model as his/her first model. Give it some time, and I'm sure you'll get better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #2519
    December 2009
    1,654 Posts
    Don't give up! You can only get better after your first few models.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #2520
    June 2010
    1,213 Posts
    Question:

How about a FNC paratrooper rifle?