1. Post #2521
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    3,868 Posts
    I'm sad now, I guess you guys are right, I'm not cut out for modeling after all :smith:
    My first model was a plane extruded to be the shape of a pistol.

God it was shit.

But look at me now;

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2522
    September 2009
    1,322 Posts
    Rate wrench for this beak:

Or palette for this beak:

I can't deciiide!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Artistic Artistic x 31Useful Useful x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

3. Post #2523
    June 2008
    11 Posts
    I'm sad now, I guess you guys are right, I'm not cut out for modeling after all :smith:
    No don't be ashamed about what you did, as it's like that for everyone.
    I'm a writer myself and when I started writing my texted loooked like sh***
    Now, with years of improving and trying again and again and attempting new stuff, I am able to write stories that i like with the result I want to. When I look back now at my texts they look like total crap to me compared to what I do now.
    So keep courage and keep on trying. You'll end up being a great modeler !
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

4. Post #2524

September 2009
    3,245 Posts
    Sorry to interrupt your nostalgia, but is this better for the tail?

MUCH better, but remember what I said, the top one should be the middle one and the bottom should be the shortest and they should clearly look like that. Also twirl them up so that the middle one stays straight, bottom one twirls alittle down and top one to twirls to well,top.
    If each feather is cut to multiple levels you can do this easily by pressing O and rotating it until you like it, it would rotate the faces by ease in a range.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Israel Show Events

5. Post #2525
    September 2009
    1,322 Posts
    MUCH better, but remember what I said, the top one should be the middle one and the bottom should be the shortest and they should clearly look like that. Also twirl them up so that the middle one stays straight, bottom one twirls alittle down and top one to twirls to well,top.
    If each feather is cut to multiple levels you can do this easily by pressing O and rotating it until you like it, it would rotate the faces by ease in a range.
    Could you please add me on Steam and explain what you mean?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #2526
    January 2009
    436 Posts
    Hey emporium, can someone point me to a good absolute-beginner's tutorial for 3ds Max? I just downloaded the student copy, opened it, and realized I have no clue as to what anything is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

7. Post #2527
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2010
    3,893 Posts
    Ducksink, why did you make a giant metal cock?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #2528
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    3,868 Posts
    Hey emporium, can someone point me to a good absolute-beginner's tutorial for 3ds Max? I just downloaded the student copy, opened it, and realized I have no clue as to what anything is.
    Point for me too!

Since I really need to learn it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #2529

September 2009
    3,245 Posts
    Ducksink, why did you make a giant metal cock?
    Because rubber gives burn marks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Israel Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

10. Post #2530
    January 2010
    3,146 Posts

Still think it looks better on Sniper.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 14Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #2531
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,952 Posts
    I posted a link on the last 2 pages to a list of tutorials for most apps, have a look there, there are some good resources.

12. Post #2532
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2010
    3,893 Posts

Someone, Dooo thisssss nowwwww
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

13. Post #2533
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,952 Posts

I read it as "Get off my rice, paddy-wanker"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 14Funny Funny x 6 (list)

14. Post #2534
    June 2010
    678 Posts
    Someone, Dooo thisssss nowwwww
    Why don't you try again?

Practice does make perfect. (unless your me, practice makes you worse)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #2535
    Human Garbage
    June 2008
    9,688 Posts
    That's why you use Blender 2.56. It has a much nicer interface, and less clutter. Besides, Khed is just a copy of Milkshape, and it's next to impossible to make anything complex in it.
    milkshape is better than blender.

this was made in milkshape.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 13Winner Winner x 4Informative Informative x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #2536
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2010
    3,893 Posts
    Why don't you try again?

Practice does make perfect. (unless your me, practice makes you worse)
    I acually cant. My SMD importer for blender borked and i cant import tf2 models anymore :frown:

17. Post #2537
    Human Garbage
    June 2008
    9,688 Posts
    I acually cant. My SMD importer for blender borked and i cant import tf2 models anymore :frown:
    3ds max
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

18. Post #2538
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,952 Posts

This was made with blender

though those guns are quite purdy   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Zing x 7Friendly x 3Dumb x 1Funny x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #2539

September 2009
    3,245 Posts

-These are not mine incase you thought elsewhere-
    And I don't want to show you big buck bunny and the other short films yet.

Damnit pogo I said not yet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Israel Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #2540
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2010
    3,893 Posts
    Please stop, this is getting old
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #2541

September 2009
    3,245 Posts
    Oh well, try to do this in milkshape then
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO0yXC0oyIA
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Israel Show Events

22. Post #2542
    June 2010
    678 Posts
    At least you could get them INTO blender, whenever I tried I couldn't decompile even when I used all the tutorials. When I finally got something in, I worked for a bit, it sucked sure, but then Blender crashed...

I will never forgot you horrible hat that looked like a dildo.

R.I.P Dildo Hat

2010 - A few hours later in 2010.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #2543
    Human Garbage
    June 2008
    9,688 Posts
    This was made with blender

though those guns are quite purdy   
    comparing a model of a gun to a short animated film? c'mon, you're better than that!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #2544
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2010
    14,106 Posts
    Question:

What sort of weaponry and headgear should I give the soldier for the parachutist pack?

I've got the buff-banner replacement sorted so I just need two weapons and a hat.
    I'd like to see an actual replacement for the Shotgun that can shoot. A bolt action rifle (something like the M1 Garand) would be cool and would match the soldier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

25. Post #2545
    April 2007
    989 Posts
    Go ahead.

EDIT

Screenshots :buddy:

does it have gloveless viewmodels?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #2546
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    2,421 Posts
    Comparing what was made in what is pointless. Ultimately it depends on the modeler.

My opinion is that Blender's interface is pointlessly cluttered and made by someone who has no idea about GUI's, but that is a personal view.

However, the bottom line is, Blender is not industry standard software. You may argue that it's interface is easy to use. Yes it is, once you get used to it. However what you've learned about Blender is, in the long run, a waste of time no matter if you plan to model for a living or not. Why bother learning something confusing, while there are easier alternatives?

If you want to be in graphic design, then you're screwed. You have to learn Maya or 3Ds. If you don't, then what's stopping you from using Anim8tor, Truespace or Google Sketchup? Free and far easier than anything available today. And don't tell me you don't use those because you want the best quality. If you did, you'd get, well, industry quality tools.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #2547
    June 2010
    678 Posts
    Comparing what was made in what is pointless. Ultimately it depends on the modeler.

My opinion is that Blender's interface is pointlessly cluttered and made by someone who has no idea about GUI's, but that is a personal view.

However, the bottom line is, Blender is not industry standard software. You may argue that it's interface is easy to use. Yes it is, once you get used to it. However what you've learned about Blender is, in the long run, a waste of time no matter if you plan to model for a living or not. Why bother learning something confusing, while there are easier alternatives?

If you want to be in graphic design, then you're screwed. You have to learn Maya or 3Ds. If you don't, then what's stopping you from using Anim8tor, Truespace or Google Sketchup? Free and far easier than anything available today. And don't tell me you don't use those because you want the best quality. If you did, you'd get, well, industry quality tools.
    I guess it's because you can't make ponies in Blender?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #2548
    February 2010
    1,048 Posts
    Sparkwire, let poeple decide what software people should use and stop bashing other software program (like blender which you seem to have a fun to bitch about it). You dont see us saying shit about 3dsmax so dont diss us. I use both 3dsmax and blender but I prefer blender because I'm faster with it and can produce same quality product in a faster span of time. blender has a much harder learning curve so my guess is that you probably failed at it and decided to go with easymax.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #2549
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    2,421 Posts
    I guess it's because you can't make ponies in Blender?
    ponies in a blender sounds like an interesting idea
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 5 (list)

30. Post #2550

September 2009
    3,245 Posts

You seem to forget that no one has spare 3600$ laying around,maybe that scorpion guy, but not anyone, and while you train using the other programs they get stuck on you and when you DO have the money you just don't think its worth buying anymore.
    Changes are difficult.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #2551
    June 2010
    678 Posts

Remember this?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 14Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

32. Post #2552
    September 2009
    1,322 Posts
    A modelling program is only as good as the person who is using it. People who are good with Milkshape can make amazing things in Milkshape, people who are good with Blender can make amazing stuff in Blender. Now shut up about it and let people have their own fucking preferences. This is getting stupid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #2553
    ponies in a blender sounds like an interesting idea
    Hmm...."My Little Smoothie"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 16Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #2554
    September 2009
    2,248 Posts
    Remember this?

Best coded polycount pack ever

also worst coded polycount pack ever

only coded polycount pack ever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

35. Post #2555
    August 2009
    490 Posts
    Since nobody took my request, I decided to try it.

I think I did something wrong...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #2556
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    1,809 Posts

Oh look ! Parazit did something !
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Artistic Artistic x 9Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #2557
    September 2009
    1,322 Posts

I'm pretty happy with it, but I'm not sure about the thing on the top. Is this OK? If not, how should I change it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events

38. Post #2558
    Best coded polycount pack ever

also worst coded polycount pack ever

only coded polycount pack ever
    What pack was that?

39. Post #2559
    September 2009
    1,322 Posts
    What pack was that?
    An olympic-themed Scout pack, I think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #2560
    September 2009
    2,248 Posts
    What pack was that?
    scout Olympic pack

consisted of the Laurel Wreath

Bottle of water

and of course, Olympic torch

damn ninjas