1. Post #1
    Get your own DarkRP Server!
    January 2006
    5,658 Posts
    [h2]DarkRP 2.4.2![/h2]
    One of the oldest and the most popular third party gamemode! The thread has been remade because the old one was closed and a new version has been released.

It has now arrived to version 2.4.2 after a long development time!
    The changelog is 76 lines, and most changes are huge!

[release]
    [h2]Documentation[/h2]
    Look at the GWiki article:
    http://wiki.darkrp.com
    [h2]Download[/h2]
    Please use the latest SVN version as it is always up to date:
    https://github.com/FPtje/DarkRP

[h2]I hate the scoreboard, how do I get rid of it?[/h2]
    Go to your own console and enter:
    Code:
    FAdmin_IsScoreboard 0
    You'll never see my scoreboard again. The downside is that you'll have to get your own scoreboard. The old DarkRP scoreboard is outdated and not supported anymore! Try This instead.
    [h2]Credits[/h2]
    FPtje Falco (me)
    Eusion

Credits for the earlier versions of DarkRP:
    Rickster
    Picwizdan
    Sibre
    PhilXYZ
    [GNC] Matt
    Chromebolt A.K.A. unib5
    [h2]"DarkRP is a shit gamemode, why do you still maintain it? I hate it! seriously"[/h2]
    Ok.
    [/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Dumb x 113Useful x 37Lua King x 27Winner x 17Funny x 8Friendly x 7Artistic x 3Optimistic x 2Zing x 2Agree x 2Disagree x 2Lua Helper x 2Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    ppV
    March 2011
    126 Posts
    Woohoo!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 17Dumb Dumb x 13Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    March 2011
    38 Posts
    Glad your still working on this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree x 17Disagree x 13Dumb x 5Funny x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,996 Posts
    cheers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Agree Agree x 7Informative Informative x 1Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    July 2009
    93 Posts
    Fuck yeah, Go bro go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    JamieH is a retarded bitch <3
    July 2008
    2,198 Posts
    However...

If you're like me and want his old scoreboard because sui sucks, then good news is it still works fine :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Winner Winner x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    January 2011
    62 Posts
    Old scoreboard was better.

/setjob Doesnt work in this version.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Informative Informative x 2Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    January 2006
    5,658 Posts
    Added a download button:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Lua King Lua King x 8Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2008
    1,500 Posts
    I expected more popularity...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    January 2006
    5,658 Posts
    I expected more popularity...
    Can be expected in an unpopular subforum
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    I didn't even see this thread until I was looking for the SVN for my new server. Is it any easier to add new licenses now?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Zing Zing x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    December 2010
    243 Posts
    i downloaded the darkrp 2.4.2 svn and if you warrant someone and then go arrest them it wort work the jails are set up but it still wont work , i looked ant the code it all seams fine is their a command or something is if so plz help me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    July 2008
    2,198 Posts
    Sent you a PM about DarkRP Shipments Falco.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    January 2009
    264 Posts
    Sent you a PM about DarkRP Shipments Falco.
    Is there an exploit in them or something?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Late Late x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    January 2006
    5,658 Posts
    He wants them to be able to merge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1Late Late x 1Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    July 2008
    2,198 Posts
    Na, I just wanted to share an idea with Falco.

It's fine if he uses it or not, was just a simple code snippet. Some people might not like it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    If you want to share an idea, why not just post it here? You'll get more feedback, and we can possibly help make it a reality. Exploits, though, should probably not be shared here.

18. Post #18

May 2006
    6 Posts
    i have downloaded it with the SVN many times. i am placing the folder in gamemodes, all i am getting is the left bottom window. but i have a salary or $0, and i have no job and my wallet is at $0. nothing happens when i press F4, and there is nothing other than the default scoreboard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    I just noticed that weapons dropped through rp_dropweaponondeath can be picked up without hitting the use key on them. Also, I seem to still be getting a salary while dead... Should I add these to the bug tracker?
    i have downloaded it with the SVN many times. i am placing the folder in gamemodes, all i am getting is the left bottom window. but i have a salary or $0, and i have no job and my wallet is at $0. nothing happens when i press F4, and there is nothing other than the default scoreboard.
    Are you running it through Gmod itself as a listen server, or through SRCDS as a dedicated server? I don't think it works in listen servers by default anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    January 2006
    5,658 Posts
    DarkRP works fine on listen servers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Optimistic x 1Disagree x 1Agree x 1Lua King x 1Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    627 Posts
    Wish there were more Derma skins included with DarkRP, as well as an option to pick one. The ugly default one and the one included with DarkRP I just hate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    July 2009
    93 Posts
    That's why you script one. >:)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Zing Zing x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    627 Posts
    That's why you script one. >:)
    I'm saying more should be included by default..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    :-)
    December 2007
    4,205 Posts
    I'll go ahead and post what I posted in that stupid poll thread here:

The way DarkRP is played is basically a really screwed up death match gamemode but with really stupid rules. You usually can get guns (really for that matter you pretty much need guns because of the player base), but you have to save up for it and when you get them you need to look for stupid reasons to kill someone with. Cops are sort of like Boomers from L4D, they are top priority to shoot. It's horribly obvious that everybody wants to play it like a DM gamemode. Might as well as just script a gamemode themed to gang wars and gunfights instead of a RP script.
    You should try to find some sort of way to encourage players to stop playing the game like this.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    627 Posts
    I'll go ahead and post what I posted in that stupid poll thread here:

You should try to find some sort of way to encourage players to stop playing the game like this.
    Any suggestions? Because I'm sure we would all love to hear some
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    July 2008
    2,198 Posts
    Not sure what peoples issue's are with DarkRP.

I get all the points brought to attention. However, what the hell does it have to do with you?

If you don't want to play DarkRP - Then don't...
    If you hate DarkRP - Don't play it ...
    If you think DarkRP is full of idiots and you hate the gamemode theme - Then don't play it ...

I don't go around Sims forums saying I hate the game and keep ranting at people not to play it. People play the games they want to play, what the hell does it have to do with people who don't play that game...

Shouldn't you be happy it keeps "kids/skids/wankers/idiots/minges/morons" away from the gamemodes you like?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    February 2009
    1,357 Posts

I get all the points brought to attention. However, what the hell does it have to do with you?

If you think DarkRP is full of idiots and you hate the gamemode theme - Then don't play it ...

I don't go around Sims forums saying I hate the game and keep ranting at people not to play it. People play the games they want to play, what the hell does it have to do with people who don't play that game...

Shouldn't you be happy it keeps "kids/skids/wankers/idiots/minges/morons" away from the gamemodes you like?
    I see your point, except that this forum isn't made for DarkRP, and when something is talked about over and over and over again people get tired of it and annoyed with it.

28. Post #28
    May 2008
    1,119 Posts

DarkRP isn't even a sandbox game.

It's about getting guns, then shooting people. Then getting yelled at for shooting people. The little 'RP' that's in it is you sitting around, waiting for money to magically appear in your data file. Then you buy guns with your magical money, then buy magical ammo. Then have your gun out 24/7, while walking around.

but its still fun, ok. ok not really, but it's interesting to watch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    January 2006
    5,658 Posts
    DarkRP isn't even a sandbox game.

It's about getting guns, then shooting people. Then getting yelled at for shooting people. The little 'RP' that's in it is you sitting around, waiting for money to magically appear in your data file. Then you buy guns with your magical money, then buy magical ammo. Then have your gun out 24/7, while walking around.

but its still fun, ok. ok not really, but it's interesting to watch.
    DarkRP is a sandbox game. And that way of gameplay is not endorsed by me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    metromod.net
    April 2010
    2,216 Posts
    Not that i use this gamemode, but on one server it's spamming umsg to hell.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/chewgum...04132189411882
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/chewgum...04132189401146
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    This is pretty simple, but it's a little change to the gamemode that I think is helpful. It's a name generator that is part of the /name command, so players can type in "/rpname male" or "/rpname female" to get a name for that gender. I guess this is the best place to post it, since I don't think it belongs in the default version of DarkRP without being modified to add localization.

Just replace the meta:SetRPName function in player.lua with the following.
    EDIT: Moved it to pastebin to save space: http://pastebin.com/VfqLuygW (still replaces the meta:SetRPName function in player.lua)

32. Post #32
    February 2009
    1,357 Posts
    This is pretty simple, but it's a little change to the gamemode that I think is helpful. It's a name generator that is part of the /name command, so players can type in "/rpname male" or "/rpname female" to get a name for that gender. I guess this is the best place to post it, since I don't think it belongs in the default version of DarkRP without being modified to add localization.

Just replace the meta:SetRPName function in player.lua with the following.
    EDIT: Moved it to pastebin to save space: http://pastebin.com/VfqLuygW
    What would the point of that be? Then people wouldn't be able to set their own names... That's just plain silly.

A feature that would help DarkRP on the other hand, is being able to set your gender, as of now you just spawn with random playermodels. What if you have a male char, and spawn with a female playermodel? Would it really be so hard to add a screen that lets you choose your model as well as your RP name?

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    No, you can still set your own name, just not to "male" or "female", which trigger the generator. Also, there actually is a screen to choose a citizen model already, but it's pretty counter-intuitive to get to: change to a different class, then chose the citizen class again, and you are given a choice of models.

Both these things should really be a single feature for actual characters, like you said.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    400 Posts
    -snip-

(Problem was my fault :S)

35. Post #35
    March 2007
    138 Posts
    Is there a method in place for us to tell the player model of a custom job to use a specific skin?

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,028 Posts

When ever i join a darkrp server i get this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    400 Posts

When ever a darkrp server i get this.
    Either DarkRP isn't installed properly, or sv_defaultgamemode isn't set properly. Do you get any errors in the server console?

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,028 Posts
    Either DarkRP isn't installed properly, or sv_defaultgamemode isn't set properly. Do you get any errors in the server console?
    I dont even have DarkRP installed, I'm just joining a server.
    And i do get some errors, it says somthing along the lines of " Lua cache could not be downloaded Server is misconfigured"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    July 2008
    2,198 Posts
    Then the server isn't sending you the LUA cache. Probably due to a download server being setup incorrectly. Contact the server hosts, if this is every server then proceed to cry and check your client/settings.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,840 Posts
    I have a question, was the option of placing spawns for specific jobs removed?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)