1. Post #161
    February 2011
    501 Posts
    Or you can just disable it.
    Then you have the classic (sandbox) scoreboard. That is not the old darkrp scoreboard.

2. Post #162
    Blue and Proud Of It.
    Dennab
    September 2011
    961 Posts
    I don't play gmod from the micro wave. I play it from the fridge and I have no lag. Oh and for the gamemode: Why don't you implent hunger mod so that it is harder to disable? Cause all of the servers don't use hungermod and sometimes not even sleep commands. And no hunger mod makes chef's job useless :/. I just wanted to RP that I was hungry but I was just loosing money. Or make it so that the chef job get's loaded/created only if hungermod is on.
    Hense the word ROLE PLAY.

You are supposed to PRETEND that you are HUNGRY HUNGERMOD just influences people to Roleplay a bit better. Go suck you mother's strap on dick. Im sorry, Im not meant to swear a 10 year old retards. BUT I JUST FUCKING DID.

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming." - Seiteki))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #163
    Blue and Proud Of It.
    Dennab
    September 2011
    961 Posts
    Is there a List Command Command for FAdmin?

Please Respond.

4. Post #164
    JamieH is a retarded bitch <3
    July 2008
    2,183 Posts
    Then you have the classic (sandbox) scoreboard. That is not the old darkrp scoreboard.
    The old one works, you just need some minor changes for how to get job color/names etc. Basically just a few variable name changes if memory serves.

5. Post #165
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,453 Posts
    Hense the word ROLE PLAY.

You are supposed to PRETEND that you are HUNGRY HUNGERMOD just influences people to Roleplay a bit better. Go suck you mother's strap on dick. Im sorry, Im not meant to swear a 10 year old retards. BUT I JUST FUCKING DID.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #166
    April 2011
    207 Posts
    Make a new update already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #167
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    278 Posts
    Make a new gamemode already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 3Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #168
    Divinity Roleplay
    August 2011
    517 Posts
    Make a new gamemode already.
    There's no problem with the gamemode, in my opinion. The problem is the 'tards it attracts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

9. Post #169
    The gamemode has many issues which invites people to act the way they do and believe they're doing it properly and right. I've suggested a few things to FPtje in the past but it's up to him with what he does with it. The reason poo/pee isnt there anymore is because I suggested to him to get rid of it. Such a disgusting mod and it should never have been implemented.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #170
    PROUD BRONY 4LYFE
    February 2009
    3,312 Posts
    The gamemode has many issues which invites people to act the way they do and believe they're doing it properly and right. I've suggested a few things to FPtje in the past but it's up to him with what he does with it. The reason poo/pee isnt there anymore is because I suggested to him to get rid of it. Such a disgusting mod and it should never have been implemented.
    Care to elaborate on those suggestions?

11. Post #171
    I might once I'm back at my PC. My PSU blew last night and the replacement is coming tomorrow.

But a basic yet obvious one is replace the terrible pocket system with an actual proper inventory and actually work it in to DarkRP itself instead of some hacky addition.

If you want a better idea in general, see - http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1094985 (although don't look at the codebase, it's horrible for these days ). As I said in that thread, consider that of how far you really can go with some determination.

12. Post #172
    Fight for justice, fight for Manning and Snowden.
    April 2010
    2,547 Posts
    There's no problem with the gamemode, in my opinion. The problem is the 'tards it attracts.
    Exactly. I never blamed FPtje, or any other coder for DarkRP. Just, every single DarkRP server you join, has some weak spots. Most DarkRP's have realy weak spots, like RDM'ing.

13. Post #173
    July 2008
    2,183 Posts
    I might once I'm back at my PC. My PSU blew last night and the replacement is coming tomorrow.

But a basic yet obvious one is replace the terrible pocket system with an actual proper inventory and actually work it in to DarkRP itself instead of some hacky addition.

If you want a better idea in general, see - http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1094985 (although don't look at the codebase, it's horrible for these days ). As I said in that thread, consider that of how far you really can go with some determination.
    I've been tempted multiple times, but if we had an inventory system people would insist it saves after a server crash.

However, DarkRP has virtually no economy. The very very weak one it does have revolves around losing items when you leave or the server reloads.

14. Post #174
    PROUD BRONY 4LYFE
    February 2009
    3,312 Posts
    I've been tempted multiple times, but if we had an inventory system people would insist it saves after a server crash.

However, DarkRP has virtually no economy. The very very weak one it does have revolves around losing items when you leave or the server reloads.
    Here's something I posted a year or so ago in an older DarkRP thread:

Drakehawke posted:
    As for the inventory stuff, in my opinion, on DarkRP it's really really really really easy to get rich on, this is slightly countered by people not been able to save the things they bought on disconnect, if people could save what they buy, everyone would be so rich it'd be just stupid, and very un-serious.
    And don't say the only rich people are admins, cause they can set their money, on my server we have the setmoney command removed, as well as the commands to change the money printers settings, yet people still have loads of money.

Also, one of the main reasons people want an inventory is so their shipments don't get lost when the server crashes. Seeing as the server could potentially crash at any time, people would end up keeping all their shipments/guns in their inventory, all the time.

This means the mobboss/gangsters can't rob them.

This leads to the mobboss/gangsters getting bored, and boredom leads to mingery.

The mobboss/gangsters having nothing to rob would then lead to them committing less crimes, and thus the cops have less reasons to arrest them.

This leads to the cops getting bored, and boredom leads to mingery. It's even worse in this case because as a cop you've got many more ways to abuse than other players.

Cop/criminal roleplay is one of the most popular parts of DarkRP, lessening it's potential would make DarkRP quite boring for players.

Good players who get bored, either find something new and imaginative to do, or leave the server.
    Bad players who get bored, minge, then either leave or get kicked/banned.

Either way, it leads to less players on the server, which makes everyone else bored, and so on and so on until the servers empty.

This won't affect very popular servers too much, but eventually it'll hit them.
    What will be affected most is the smaller, less known servers who struggle to get players as it is.

And that's why we shouldn't have an inventory!
    Don't get me wrong, inventories can be quite useful and popular, but all in all DarkRP isn't the right gamemode for them.

15. Post #175
    July 2008
    2,183 Posts
    Here's something I posted a year or so ago in an older DarkRP thread:

Don't get me wrong, inventories can be quite useful and popular, but all in all DarkRP isn't the right gamemode for them.
    That pretty much sums up my thoughts as well :)

16. Post #176
    You can't expect to have the best of both worlds if you don't put any real effort into having them. It's not hard to get rich and the point of DarkRP isn't to ~Get Rich 420 erryday hos errywhere~. The entire point of it (and early revisions had this somewhat) is to roleplay. You know, be someone (or something). I'm not saying you have to be serious about it or anything however if you strip all the classes out of DarkRP, all you have is a bunch of idiots running around pretending to be "Super srs", trying to mug people and having money printers. There is nothing more to it.

The reason people enjoy being gangsters in DarkRP is because that's the only way to really get anything done there and actually have some cause to do it. If you were to do it as another class on most servers you'd probably get banned for it. The script dictates to some extent how users should play. The rest is down to administration and rule enforcement (via script or player means).

As to prevent inventory hoarding, have a max amount of items / weight so you can't carry an armoury in your bags. If a person dies have them drop their inventory. There's many solutions and ways to cause money sinks, you just need to explore them.

17. Post #177
    PROUD BRONY 4LYFE
    February 2009
    3,312 Posts
    If you lost your inventory on death, you'd get people running around killing people in the street. RDM is a big issue in DarkRP as it is, at least the way it works at the moment you (usually) don't stand to suffer much from it.

18. Post #178
    If you lost your inventory on death, you'd get people running around killing people in the street. RDM is a big issue in DarkRP as it is, at least the way it works at the moment you (usually) don't stand to suffer much from it.
    That was just a single suggestion. It would take multiple things for it to all come together.

19. Post #179

January 2012
    1 Posts
    Dont work the link..... can't download
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

20. Post #180
    November 2011
    16 Posts
    Use the SVN

21. Post #181
    April 2010
    32 Posts
    Does somebody know some good DarkRP servers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #182

April 2011
    42 Posts
    What is CP Console?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

23. Post #183

November 2011
    18 Posts
    OOC doesn't work for me, everybody can see what I type in my own server, I need help, Please. Thanks In Advance! :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

24. Post #184
    January 2011
    330 Posts
    @kprokin - rp_createconsole
    @roman8880 - rp_alltalk 0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

25. Post #185
    Just another VPS Pollutant of the Web Dev Forum
    July 2010
    237 Posts
    DarkDM
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Useful Useful x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #186

July 2012
    16 Posts
    Hey, any reason why players could pick up othe rplayers/admins

FPP settings are correct and the darkRP tab menu has player<player pickup disabled

27. Post #187
    Get your own DarkRP Server!
    January 2006
    5,545 Posts
    update DarkRP, it's fixed in latest
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Zing Zing x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

28. Post #188

July 2012
    16 Posts
    Hi,

Im running SVN rev 1196, im assuming 1198 the latest has it fixed?

Cheers

29. Post #189
    January 2006
    5,545 Posts
    Hi,

Im running SVN rev 1196, im assuming 1198 the latest has it fixed?

Cheers
    hi
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #190
    July 2008
    2,183 Posts
    Does FPP save to MySQL yet?

All my attempts end up buggy, at best.

31. Post #191

July 2012
    16 Posts
    Hi.

32. Post #192
    January 2006
    5,545 Posts
    Does FPP save to MySQL yet?

All my attempts end up buggy, at best.

Which version, standalone or DarkRP? DarkRP one should work.

33. Post #193
    July 2008
    2,183 Posts
    Which version, standalone or DarkRP? DarkRP one should work.
    DarkRP.
    I know you updated the SVN to use it a while ago, but it never worked properly for me.

I'll try again some time next week, I didn't notice any fixes to it via the changelog though.

34. Post #194
    June 2012
    487 Posts
    I absolutely despise the administrators of the server, they constantly and unfairly ban those who follow the guidelines and actually roleplay if they disagree with said person(s), yet they believe that breaking the server rules is acceptable simply because they waste their currency on shitty Gmod servers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

35. Post #195
    AJA
    September 2011
    3,242 Posts
    I absolutely despise the administrators of the server, they constantly and unfairly ban those who follow the guidelines and actually roleplay if they disagree with said person(s), yet they believe that breaking the server rules is acceptable simply because they waste their currency on shitty Gmod servers.
    Err, Good for you? PM, Not shit on a thread.

Edited:

Oh wow fuck I need to look at the dates of posts first.

36. Post #196

December 2012
    2 Posts
    [h2]DarkRP 2.4.2![/h2]
    One of the oldest and the most popular third party gamemode! The thread has been remade because the old one was closed and a new version has been released.

It has now arrived to version 2.4.2 after a long development time!
    The changelog is 76 lines, and most changes are huge!

[release]
    [h2]Documentation[/h2]
    Look at the GWiki article:
    http://wiki.garrysmod.com/?title=DarkRP
    And for more information:
    http://wiki.garrysmod.com/?title=DarkRP-Menu
    [h2]Download[/h2]
    Please use the latest SVN version as it is always up to date:
    Code:
    http://darkrp.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
    If you really want to download, use this:

Here's a guide to SVN. (you can click this text)
    [h2]Changelist![/h2]
    Look at this!
    [h2]I've got a bug![/h2]
    Please post the bug in this thread or on the googlecode page:
    http://code.google.com/p/darkrp/issues/list/
    [h2]I hate the scoreboard, how do I get rid of it?[/h2]
    Go to your own console and enter:
    Code:
    FAdmin_IsScoreboard 0
    You'll never see my scoreboard again. The downside is that you'll have to get your own scoreboard. The old DarkRP scoreboard is outdated and not supported anymore! Try This instead.
    [h2]Credits[/h2]
    FPtje Falco (me)
    Eusion

Credits for the earlier versions of DarkRP:
    Rickster
    Picwizdan
    Sibre
    PhilXYZ
    [GNC] Matt
    Chromebolt A.K.A. unib5
    [h2]"DarkRP is a shit gamemode, why do you still maintain it? I hate it! seriously"[/h2]
    Ok.
    [/release]
    How do I restrict certain props and certain functions from my tool gun and spawn menu? Thanks.

Edited:

How do I restrict some props from spawn menu and some functions from the tool gun?

Edited:

How do I add custom items from Steam Work Shop to my classes?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Late Late x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #197
    January 2010
    822 Posts
    Almost every DarkRP server I've seen is about the owner making money.. With a few expections, but those sadly don't last very long.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #198
    September 2011
    117 Posts
    Almost every DarkRP server I've seen is about the owner making money.. With a few expections, but those sadly don't last very long.
    In my eyes it is like this:
    a kid joins gmod for the first time , plays darkrp then wants admin , cant get it
    buys his own server with darkp does not know how to manage it or do anything.
    asks for help here gets it, server will still fail and then he can join the 1000th others that did that!

And the only good ones are the people that actually know what they are doing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Late Late x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #199
    metromod.net
    April 2010
    2,216 Posts
    FPtje, you know you can make the jobs icons clear?

40. Post #200
    March 2010
    727 Posts
    Wow, I was about to do a feature request, but it looks like it's already there, good work :D