1. Post #1641
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    25,967 Posts
    scanner's in and I've been at it for like 12 hours straight

got to a few severely overexposed shots from my TLR, one of them almost entirely undiscernable in natural light, so I scanned it

cool double exposure, but I seriously don't remember either of these shots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #1642

January 2012
    37 Posts
    This is why I love Indians that sell camera. I was walking down today with my friends and I went into a camera shop and I brought my Vivitar V2000 along. Well the guy let me try lenses to see if K-mount fits but they were new lenses so not suitable for my camera however he is going to check to see he has old lenses for me. :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Gibraltar Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #1643
    January 2008
    1,840 Posts
    Can someone remind me about how many shots I should be getting on a roll of 120 film? 6x6 camera. I could've sworn it was 12.

Checked wikipedia, and yea, should be 12. Why then does every roll I put through my Mamiya only produce 10 shots. And oddly, as far as I can remember, the negs start on 1 with the first image I took (I'm pretty sure) and ends at 10. But the winder goes to 12...

Checked the negs again, actually think I'm missing the first 2 shots. Anyone got a clue as to why maybe this happens? Am I not starting the film properly?

Wow I feel dumb. I loaded it wrong. Used to 35mm trying to get an extra shot or two on the film, didn't realize quite how far I had to reel it...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #1644
    March 2011
    638 Posts
    Well my Zenit TTL has bit the dust, two down about 12million to go
    Also Lomo 800 film isnt as bad as people make it out to be

Camp Site by CommunistWolf, on Flickr

South Shields - From the Pier by CommunistWolf, on Flickr

South Shields by CommunistWolf, on Flickr

Urbex - Gateshead College by CommunistWolf, on Flickr
    The Colour of the sea is amazing with this film (maybe because I have never took a photo with the sea in it)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #1645
    ffFf
    June 2005
    5,855 Posts
    just had a thought; would anyone here be interested in doing a film swap? i.e. each person shoots a roll of film (preferably underexposed by 1 stop), rewinds it and mails it to the other person without telling them what's on it, then they shoot it as well and get it developed, and you end up with two rolls of pretty random double exposures

been looking at some of the stuff like that on flickr, a lot of it looks pretty awesome

Edited:

if anyone is up for it, it would be a bonus if you have an OM system camera, because then there's a much better chance that the frames will line up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #1646
    March 2011
    638 Posts
    Its an odd idea, but I would be up for it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #1647
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,151 Posts

Untitled by edwin.quast, on Flickr

On a shitty disposable camera. Expired in '01. Picked it up in an antiques shop for 3 quid.
    Pretty much everything else on the roll is unusable because of horrible grain.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

8. Post #1648
    April 2009
    825 Posts
    What kind of film do you guys recommend?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

9. Post #1649
    January 2012
    17 Posts
    Ilford 400
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

10. Post #1650
    November 2009
    1,177 Posts
    pretty much this.
    ilford delta 100 is also dope.

11. Post #1651
    July 2007
    623 Posts
    Kodak Ektar 100
    Kodak Portra 160NC or the new Portra 160 (no nc or vc)
    Kodak Portra 400 (best grain ever for 400 iso film)
    Kodak TMax 100
    Fuji Reala 100
    Fuji Superia 200 (for all your low-cost film solutions )
    Fuji Neopan 100, 400 and 1600 (too bad 1600 is discontinued and 400 will be too)

I think this should do it ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #1652
    ffFf
    June 2005
    5,855 Posts
    Its an odd idea, but I would be up for it
    excallent! do you happen to have an OM system camera (i can't remember)? if not, doesn't really matter anyway. i'm 3 shots away from finishing a roll of slide film that's in my camera, then i'd be good to go. where is it that you live, by the way?

13. Post #1653
    March 2011
    638 Posts
    Up near Newcastle, And I don't have an OM system camera, I have a new Zenit arriving at the end of the week and a Zorki 4k, At the end of the week as well

14. Post #1654
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,371 Posts
    Just bought an RZ67 pro ii with a 110 2.8, and polaroid + 120 backs. Just need to score a metered prism finder for it.

I'll be selling off my Pentax 67 (including 105 2.4 and polaroid back) for $300 USD shipped anywhere in the world. It's been completely 'tuned up' and cleaned by pentaxs.com, but the shutterspeed dial is off by a few clicks (I'll throw a 'translation' sheet in the box) and the polaroid back has to be held on by wire (I made it relatively modular) + I'll include the micro screwdriver set I bought for it. Understandably not the most appetizing sell out there, but I'm just letting you guys know.

Edited:

How is this dumb? Seriously, correct me if I've made a mistake somewhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #1655
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    25,967 Posts
    man if rent wasn't due tomorrow

and my arch clients ever paid

!!

16. Post #1656
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    166 Posts
    I'd be potentially interested on that Pentax 67 bopie. Is it recommended for someone that has never done medium format before?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

17. Post #1657
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,371 Posts
    If you're used to a fully manual 35mm, you won't have too much trouble switching over. It was actually my first film camera ever, and I managed to get it figured out with some quick research.

The one in this review has a TTL metered prism, which mine does not. You can get them for around $200, but the snag here is that my shutterspeed dial is off. You'd have to get that adjusted first to use a TTL prism.

And here's a really long and boring (slightly awkward too) video of a Pentax 67II being loaded.

It's pretty much exactly the same as loading a Pentax 67 (non II), and this is the only real difference between shooting this camera, and shooting a fully manual 35mm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

18. Post #1658
    November 2008
    1,196 Posts
    For my first shoot in my photo 2 class, we must go back to film. This time around, I have both my Pentax ME Super and a Nikon EM. Any idea on which one I should use or one you like better? I have no idea.

19. Post #1659
    January 2008
    1,840 Posts
    Finally scanned my film. Unfortunately, the scanner was being a dick, and half my pictures are still upside down for the time being (not uploaded yet). And others were taken in a dark aquarium, meaning I need to see if I can do some fixing...

Dorms by drewkoro, on Flickr

Ship by drewkoro, on Flickr

Dad and Uncle by drewkoro, on Flickr

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when you forget to correct for parallax with a TLR. Or forget to swtich the dial along with the lens.

Praying Mantis... Almost by drewkoro, on Flickr
    Would've been a nice shot too...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #1660
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    25,967 Posts
    my girlfriend showed this shot of mine to a friend of hers, because she liked it and wanted to know what he thought since they were talking at the time over facebook anyways

"how can you think that's artistic It's a baby chicken being killed", followed by immediate ragequit

uhh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

21. Post #1661
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    it's a fucking nice photo by the way
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

22. Post #1662
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,151 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

23. Post #1663
    April 2009
    825 Posts
    What happened in the third picture?

24. Post #1664
    March 2011
    638 Posts
    You know how selenium normally dies after 20 years? Well my Zenit-E is 32 years old and the light meter works rather well

CNV00024 by CommunistWolf, on Flickr

A Street by CommunistWolf, on Flickr

One of the many little mosaics in Newcastle by CommunistWolf, on Flickr
    My challenge when I go to Newcastle is to take a photo of each one of these little mosaics.

Back Alley by CommunistWolf, on Flickr

Wonky Building by CommunistWolf, on Flickr

Tyne Bridges by CommunistWolf, on Flickr

Street Market at the Quayside by CommunistWolf, on Flickr

Night at Eldon Square by CommunistWolf, on Flickr
    It seems I can hand hold a Zenit at 1/30th with a 58mm lens.

Also KODACOLOR 200 film

25. Post #1665

January 2012
    37 Posts
    I'm starting to see so many pictures with film appearing very soft and I have no idea why. |:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Gibraltar Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #1666
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    25,967 Posts

there's a good handful of my recent scans already posted, and more cued to post for the next week, so keep an eye out

http://365-ish.tumblr.com/

27. Post #1667
    October 2008
    503 Posts
    Dai, there's some good stuff on your tumblr, I like it.

Double exposure of mine:

6/52 by Samuel Norris, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #1668
    March 2011
    638 Posts
    Got a Zenit-B on the way and a few rolls of portra that are going to be split between me and Pickwickian

29. Post #1669
    October 2008
    225 Posts
    Finally got my first roll developed off my Minolta sRT 101 the bokeh on this 50mm 1.7 is creamy as fuck.

Chess Pieces by HawtShawt1001, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

30. Post #1670
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,151 Posts
    Finished a roll of Fujichrome Velvia last week. Colour reversal film.

So excited, but I need to send it off to be developed online because the store near me doesn't process e-6 any more :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #1671
    September 2011
    225 Posts
    Finished a roll of Fujichrome Velvia last week. Colour reversal film.

So excited, but I need to send it off to be developed online because the store near me doesn't process e-6 any more :(
    Colour reversal? How does that work?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Denmark Show Events

32. Post #1672
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,151 Posts
    I'm not sure of the finer details, but it's just a standard 35mm film that produces a positive image on a transparent film instead of a negative.
    So if you held it up to the light you would see the image in its entirety. A bit like a slide.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 4 (list)

33. Post #1673
    February 2010
    105 Posts
    The film can be for indoor OR outdoor use, as the colors aren't as versatile as color negative films. If you use a outdoor film indoors, the colors screw up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

34. Post #1674
    January 2008
    1,840 Posts
    The film can be for indoor OR outdoor use, as the colors aren't as versatile as color negative films. If you use a outdoor film indoors, the colors screw up.
    There are filters that correct for the different types of lighting indoors though, when using color negative...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #1675
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,151 Posts
    Snow day!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

36. Post #1676

January 2012
    37 Posts
    Turns out if you have quite a low aperture it can make your images very soft |:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Gibraltar Show Events

37. Post #1677
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,516 Posts
    Pickwickian- posted:

Oh man

I have that exact same monkey
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

38. Post #1678
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,151 Posts
    Woohoo!

Going through some really, really old negatives taken on my Holga on 35mm.
    Sprockets!

Edit:

Preview!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

39. Post #1679
    ffFf
    June 2005
    5,855 Posts
    really like this one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

40. Post #1680
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,222 Posts

A gift from my lecturer who I did photo work for, he's going to give me 20 worth of film aka 20 shots!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)