1. Post #481
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    2,036 Posts
    Would you guys recommend that I take a BOSS ME-20 which my friend is offering me for $150 AUS? Or should I hold out and get a bigger multi-effects pedal?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

2. Post #482
    October 2010
    1,876 Posts
    Would you guys recommend that I take a BOSS ME-20 which my friend is offering me for $150 AUS? Or should I hold out and get a bigger multi-effects pedal?
    I didn't like the ME-20 at all when i used it (after having experience with the ME-50 and ME-70). You should save up for something bigger if you can, the usability is just not good enough imo

EDIT: On top of that, i got a really sweet petrucci-ish tone out of the me-50, i guess that should convince you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

3. Post #483
    His wife, a native of Morris county, and a most estimable lady, died in 1869, at the age of 61.
    March 2011
    8,007 Posts
    I wouldn't. Multi effect pedals are tooo digital for a tone freak like me :smug:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

4. Post #484
    wait.. using [color] tags counts towards characters used? fuck. I have like 4 spa
    June 2005
    9,059 Posts
    Anyone heard of the AdrenaLinn III (without just googling it)?

My mate has one, it's fantastic. John Mayer uses one too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #485
    Antichristian Heathen Icelandic Bastard
    June 2008
    5,694 Posts
    I go to fix the intonation and guess what, the intonation is spot on. Both the open string and twelfth fret harmonic match up. But the other notes are quite off, mainly above the twelfth fret. Anybody have a suggestion?
    Intonate them? I dont think there's any other way really.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Iceland Show Events

6. Post #486
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    17,882 Posts

Awww yeaaaah, that thing looks and sounds awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

7. Post #487
    "For I have dined on honey dew..."
    May 2010
    1,238 Posts
    that is so unnecessary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #488
    June 2008
    5,694 Posts
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1740292/Riffidea.mid

Starting to jot down my riff ideas
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Iceland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #489
    August 2010
    2,632 Posts
    Ibanez RG7321 next month ooooooh yeah
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

10. Post #490
    October 2010
    1,876 Posts
    Ibanez RG7321 next month ooooooh yeah
    We can be RG7321 bros! :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #491
    June 2008
    5,694 Posts
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1740292/Midipokemon.mid

by adding a bass and 2 more guitars I've effectively made it a pokemon theme solely because it's in midi
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Iceland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #492
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    3,351 Posts
    Uhh guys, I think my guitar is fucked.

So I got 2 new batteries for it, and it sounds exactly the same as when the batteries are out. Very quiet. I practically have to hit the strings to get the sound past the noise gate. Any clue about what's going on here?

13. Post #493
    wait.. using [color] tags counts towards characters used? fuck. I have like 4 spa
    June 2005
    9,059 Posts
    Are the batteries in the right way? lol

14. Post #494
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,821 Posts
    Are the batteries in the right way? lol
    9-volts. They have to be. Only one way to connect 'em.
    I'd try a new cable before anything else, especially if you are using cheap cables. They're known to come apart on the inside and/or pull apart from the 1/4" connectors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

15. Post #495
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    3,351 Posts
    I have tried 3 cables, revealed that one is broken () and the other two produce the same results

16. Post #496
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,821 Posts
    I have tried 3 cables, revealed that one is broken () and the other two produce the same results
    Uhhhhhh...check solder points on the inside of the guitar?
    Probably won't be any with the pickups (assuming they're EMG's since your pickups are obviously active, and most EMG's are solder-free), so maybe the output jack?

17. Post #497
    December 2010
    882 Posts
    What guitar?

18. Post #498
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,821 Posts
    Uhhhhhh...check solder points on the inside of the guitar?
    Probably won't be any with the pickups (assuming they're EMG's since your pickups are obviously active, and most EMG's are solder-free), so maybe the output jack?
    Oh also are you going through any pedals? Any at all?

19. Post #499
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    3,351 Posts
    What guitar?
    Epiphone prophecy SG EX

Oh also are you going through any pedals? Any at all?
    No, none.

20. Post #500
    "We should allow child labor overseas ...the sweatshop is what is saving the 9 year old worker"
    April 2007
    6,864 Posts
    Figured out the issue with my intonation, needed new strings. I didn't think the strings I had on there were too worn down, but the new strings I put on are right on the money with the higher frets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #501
    June 2005
    9,059 Posts
    My dad sold my brothers guitar on ebay to some polish woman and she recieved it yesterday, today she messaged my dad saying "Item not as described!! The griffin inside is cracked".

Puzzled, my dad asks me what the christ a 'griffin' in a guitar is. I told him there's nothing in a guitar called a griffin and I messaged one of my guitar tech friends to ask too and he said he's heard nothing about it.

My dad asks the polish twat to explain what a griffin was and her reply:

"The griffin is damaged by the corps (as in core), item not as described. Probably packaging, we could sack potatoes better than you pack a guitar".

what?

Now she wants a refund for some bullshit "fault" with the guitar. Buyers remorse, anyone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #502
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    2,102 Posts
    You can't honestly expect her to use a guitar with a broken griffin

It's one of the most vital parts of the instrument
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 4 (list)

23. Post #503
    Dennab
    August 2010
    2,500 Posts
    Yeah man, I would never accept a guitar with a broken griffin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #504
    July 2009
    2,257 Posts
    i once broke this guitars griffin in a shop

i had to buy the entire thing, now i'm stuck with a gibson with a broken griffin.

such a shame
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #505
    September 2008
    225 Posts
    My dad sold my brothers guitar on ebay to some polish woman and she recieved it yesterday, today she messaged my dad saying "Item not as described!! The griffin inside is cracked".

Puzzled, my dad asks me what the christ a 'griffin' in a guitar is. I told him there's nothing in a guitar called a griffin and I messaged one of my guitar tech friends to ask too and he said he's heard nothing about it.

"The griffin is damaged by the corps (as in core), item not as described. Probably packaging, we could sack potatoes better than you pack a guitar".

what?

Now she wants a refund for some bullshit "fault" with the guitar. Buyers remorse, anyone?

just a random tought, maybe she's talking bout the headstock or the neck Idk

Never use with a broken griffing tought
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

26. Post #506
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    3,351 Posts
    Okay so I opened up my SG and there's a bunch of wires in there held together by a couple of cable ties with a 2 wires (black and grey) going to the jack and another two (red and black) going to the battery compartment. I tried fiddling around to see if anything would catch but nothing seems to respond to it.

:|

Edited:

All solder points seem fine too, the knobs and the pup selector are the only solder points I can see.

27. Post #507
    Dennab
    January 2009
    1,725 Posts

what?

She probably means the neck as it's "gryf" in Polish. Trust me, I'm Polish.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events

28. Post #508
    December 2010
    882 Posts
    Okay so I opened up my SG and there's a bunch of wires in there held together by a couple of cable ties with a 2 wires (black and grey) going to the jack and another two (red and black) going to the battery compartment. I tried fiddling around to see if anything would catch but nothing seems to respond to it.

:|

Edited:

All solder points seem fine too, the knobs and the pup selector are the only solder points I can see.
    can you find the solder points for the jack?

29. Post #509
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    3,351 Posts
    can you find the solder points for the jack?
    I think so, but I'd have to unscrew the socket to pull it out and get a better look.

Just used my older guitar with the same amp settings, lead etc and it works fine. Definitely a problem with the guitar then.

30. Post #510
    June 2008
    5,694 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Iceland Show Events

31. Post #511
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    5,040 Posts
    I was born ready.

Is there any way to slightly re-moisturize an ebony fretboard or should I just wait until it gets nasty and then revarnish it and everything?

32. Post #512
    July 2009
    2,257 Posts
    i usually rub the fretboard with some olive oil when replacing strings, works a charm.

though it's rosewood.

33. Post #513
    June 2005
    9,059 Posts
    I just got paid le big bucks from Machinima so I'm buying some more parts to my build, bought the Nitrocellulose Lacquer there, looking at some necks now. Can't really find any I like or that will even fit lol

34. Post #514
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    17,882 Posts
    i usually rub the fretboard with some olive oil when replacing strings, works a charm.

though it's rosewood.
    How do you see when it's time to re-moisturize your fretboard?

Edited:

35. Post #515
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,584 Posts
    Ive probably already spent $250 on just parts...

wow...

36. Post #516
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,748 Posts
    Need new strings soon, Would like to try other brands.

I have Super Slinky's on now. Play mostly Metallica, but some Mercyful Fate, Green Day, Audioslave and others. WHat strings you reccomend?

37. Post #517
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    650 Posts
    Are you implying that Joe Satriani is a bad guitarist?
    Because honestly, that is the FIRST thing I think of when somebody asks me either if Ibanez makes anything good, or who some talented artists who use Ibanez guitars are.

Also who the hell plays a scallopped Ibanez? I really want to know, for real. I'm not joking.
    Because the only particularly famous person I can think of that plays scallopped guitars is Yngwie J. Malmsteen, and he plays Fender Strats - hell, Fender even sells a pre-scallopped signature of his if you want to take out a mortgage for it.

What this really all breaks down to is that you are an arrogant prick. Because you're set in your ways and all high and mighty about them being the "true" or "right" path, everybody else has to be wrong. Have you ever once considered that many of the things you attack, other people might actually like? It's not like we're asking you to listen to splittercore or The Berzerker here...just accept the fact that maybe some people WANT a guitar that has that second octave, a thin neck, and a superstrat shape. Honestly, I think superstrats are FAR more comfortable than regular strats, though I do feel Ibanez necks are too thin for my tastes.

Stop wagging your opinion around like it's superior to anybody else's.
    Karl Sanders scallops his frets :smug:

38. Post #518
    June 2005
    9,059 Posts
    Need new strings soon, Would like to try other brands.

I have Super Slinky's on now. Play mostly Metallica, but some Mercyful Fate, Green Day, Audioslave and others. WHat strings you reccomend?
    Elixir Nanoweb, regardless of your genre :p
    (imo)

39. Post #519
    Dennab
    August 2010
    2,500 Posts
    Ernie Ball Titanium Reinforced/coated 10-46 (3121#)

I like them more than nanowebs personally, my nanowebs always got the coating ripped of quickly, and I didn't like their sound a whole lot for my playing. After 3 months, my Ernie's are still in great condition. Also, GHS seems to have some good stuff, but I've never used them.

40. Post #520
    June 2005
    9,059 Posts
    Fucking boo.. I was re-setting up my bridge for standard tuning (I play in E flat personally but I have to retune and reset to play in college) and as I was retuning high E it snapped. First string I've snapped in months.

Though thankfully I can put it down to the guy who sold me the guitar's bad stringing job, I hadn't got around to replacing the strings on my new fender because I was waiting to see a guitar tech to adjust my nut for thicker gauges so wasting 10 on strings that fit the current nut size would be.. well a waste.

thankfully I had some elixir spares lying around and replaced the E for college tomorrow, then on saturday I'm getting the nut recut for gauge 12 or 13.