1. Post #1
    October 2007
    70 Posts
    I've become interested in unique foods that require strange ingredients but I need ideas for some.
    My first idea was for abstract foods that use bacteria or something relating to that.
    I've been told that most common ingredients for these foods are from the kingdoms Eubacteria, Archaebacteria, Protista, or Fungi.
    Any ideas for some good food with those type of ingredients?

2. Post #2
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    15,816 Posts
    Fungi isn't bacteria. All yogurts and sour cream have bacteria in them, some cheeses do too, I think, but blue cheese has some type of mold in it - which isn't a bacteria but it works. There's fermented tofu, which is absolutely disgusting.

3. Post #3
    November 2010
    3,797 Posts

So far i've been trying to explain to people from outside Scandinavia just what the hell filmjölk is but as soon as i mention soured milk they all go "eew! EEEWW!!" and doesn't want to hear a word more about it.

It's basically fermented milk! a little runnier than yogurt with a fresh sour taste to it! full of bacteria called lactobacillus acidophilus which is great for your stomach! if you're sick you should eat filmjölk!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,662 Posts
    Yogurt. Bread.

5. Post #5
    December 2010
    131 Posts

Kombucha.

Look it up.

6. Post #6
    Michael Bay Christus