1. Post #1

This is likely what will happen if the planes meet each other. Likely Coalition Air Superiority.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Singapore Show Events Informative Informative x 9Winner Winner x 4 (list)

2. Post #2
    DID I MENTION I PLAY BANJO
    July 2010
    7,502 Posts
    :smith:
    I wanted to be a pilot, but I don't have 20/20 vision
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Friendly Friendly x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,963 Posts
    Reminds me of Star Wars.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    December 2010
    612 Posts
    If there is ever air to air combat with another country, US would win. No amount of any other pilots have gotten as much training as they have been getting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,369 Posts
    I hope they use those new F-22s.

6. Post #6
    DID I MENTION I PLAY BANJO
    July 2010
    7,502 Posts
    I hope they use those new F-22s.
    They canceled that

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,718 Posts
    The tension in that video was palpable. Made me fucking nervous

8. Post #8
    Gold Member

November 2007
    8,432 Posts
    They canceled that
    The canceled further construction. 167 were actually completed and in service.

They won't use them though, because F-22s aren't carrier based. I'm assuming they'll fly missions with F-18s.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    5,575 Posts
    What's even better for me, is I have 21/21 vision, plus heart problems, and a whole bunch of other shit that disqualifies me.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    16,089 Posts
    The canceled further construction. 167 were actually completed and in service.

They won't use them though, because F-22s aren't carrier based. I'm assuming they'll fly missions with F-18s.
    It was a stupid idea anyway.(F-16C Fanboy)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,848 Posts
    Vector thrust is actually pretty good, so F-22's would probably be amazing in a dogfight.

12. Post #12
    August 2010
    112 Posts
    I have twenty/twenty vision...

...but I'm 6 ft 6

13. Post #13
    Gold Member

November 2007
    8,432 Posts
    It was a stupid idea anyway.(F-16C Fanboy)
    lol

tomcat4lyfe

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    12,003 Posts
    I don't know much about the Navy but for the Air Force if your vision is correctable to 20/20, you can be a pilot, that is, if you meet all of their other requirements. I also think they made some arrangements for people who had laser surgery to get 20/20 vision. Luckily for me I still have a chance at it, I just need to get the GPA and all that other stuff to get into the Air Force Academy for the degree, then get into the Undergraduate Pilot Training.

15. Post #15
    HUGE RACIST
    January 2005
    16,350 Posts
    Vector thrust is actually pretty good, so F-22's would probably be amazing in a dogfight.
    Against 3rd-generation Libyan MiGs, radar range is going to be a much bigger factor than maneuverability.

16. Post #16
    1 Dollar
    June 2005
    1,902 Posts
    Everything nowadays is how far away can you pick off your enemy.
    If there is any type of world conflict that arises soon I don't think the pilots will actually enemy aircraft besides on a radar screen or a dot/trail on the horizon.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    11,389 Posts
    If you can have your vision corrected by glasses, than you don't need to have 20/20 vision.
    I can't find the info though but I know I've seen it.

Edited:

Everything nowadays is how far away can you pick off your enemy.
    If there is any type of world conflict that arises soon I don't think the pilots will actually enemy aircraft besides on a radar screen or a dot/trail on the horizon.
    You won't think they what?

18. Post #18
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,891 Posts

The F/A-18 Super hornet is the sexiest plane ever