1. Post #401
    "We should allow child labor overseas ...the sweatshop is what is saving the 9 year old worker"
    April 2007
    6,864 Posts
    Is this a live feed?
    I was on the live feed and then clicked over to the radio and that report came on.

2. Post #402
    April 2010
    3,019 Posts
    Goodbye Gaddafi, you ugly motherfucker
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Israel Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

3. Post #403
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,081 Posts
    It was a joint attack between US and Britain so divide that number.
    I'll wait 'till I find a source with the exact number of missiles fired by each vessel. Nevertheless you can see the costs.

It's not like they're any less effective then a bomber.
    It is guided primarily by sensors, no? There are counters out there that can be effective against precision weapons, but I doubt Gaddafi is using any.

4. Post #404
    Custom titles make you cool
    January 2011
    1,183 Posts
    another conflict for oil? tell me why it isn't please
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/gad...-1226010317220

totally all about oil

5. Post #405
    OvB
    Facepunch resident scientist
    March 2007
    13,092 Posts
    Song for all the fighter pilots that went to the aid of Libya:

6. Post #406
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,891 Posts
    Song for all the fighter pilots that went to the aid of Libya:
    I challenge your Dogs of War With
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9 (list)

7. Post #407
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,898 Posts
    Here's a fun fact:

Unit cost of a TLAM: $569,000 USD

So if over 110 of these have been launched, then the United States has so far spent over $62.5 million in expending a single munition alone, not counting everything else (fuel, supplies, other munitions expended and so on).
    We started buying those things in the 70's. Long since been paid for

8. Post #408
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,081 Posts
    We started buying those things in the 70's. Long since been paid for
    You guys didn't buy the latest block missiles until 2004, and you can't deny that they're pretty expensive munitions. But hey, "The way a society fights a war is a product of both the military technology and the attitudes and values of that society."

9. Post #409
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    2,084 Posts
    Yeah he does and he has about like nearly 200 FN-2000s
    Oh god so jealous.

10. Post #410
    January 2010
    3,066 Posts
    french invade and UN finally does something

history in the making

11. Post #411
    How did UN managed to hide their ships? I can't find any of them!

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...spx?level0=100

12. Post #412
    Official worst poster 2011
    June 2007
    8,565 Posts
    How did UN managed to hide their ships? I can't find any of them!

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/def...spx?level0=100
    That only shows conventional ships.

The UN took all the millions angry letters they originally intended to send, compressed them together extremely thick, painted them, and assembled them into ships.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

13. Post #413
    That only shows conventional ships.

The UN took all the millions angry letters they originally intended to send, compressed them together extremely thick, painted them, and assembled them into ships.
    This guy found a fleet:

Edited:

Also, what are the AWAC planes really doing?

14. Post #414
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,891 Posts
    This guy found a fleet:

Edited:
    you just happen to find them
    Also, what are the AWAC planes really doing?
    Edited:

Quoted in quote
    So you just happen to find it

15. Post #415
    September 2009
    12,243 Posts
    :siren: THREE B2 STEALTH BOMBERS BOMB MAJOR LIBYAN AIRFIELD:siren:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503543_1...ag=mncol;lst;3

[release]*Three B-2 stealth bombers flying non-stop from the United States have dropped 40 bombs on a major Libyan airfield tonight in an attempt to destroy much of Libyan leader Muammar Qaddafi's air force, CBS News David Martin reports.

At the same time, US Air Force fighter jets conducted missions searching for Libyan ground forces to attack. No US aircraft were lost during the missions.
    Libyan state TV is reporting that air strikes have killed 48 people and wounded 150 in "civilian areas." Libyan state TV is controlled by Muammar Qaddafi's government and it was impossible to confirm the reports of civilian deaths Saturday.
    * A state department spokesman said no U.S officials remain in Libya. The state department has also advised all Americans in Libya to leave, and for everyone, even journalists, to avoid travel there.

* Al Jazeera reports that Libya has decided to suspend co-operation with Europe in the fight against illegal immigration, state TV citing a security official reported on Sunday.

* Several news outlets are reporting heavy and sustained anti-aircraft fire in Libya's capital, Tripoli, perhaps signaling the start of the second-wave of coalition action there. [/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11 (list)

16. Post #416
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    10,858 Posts
    :siren: THREE B2 STEALTH BOMBERS BOMB MAJOR LIBYAN AIRFIELD:siren:

[url]http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503543_162-20044969-503543.html?tag=mncol;lst;3
    Letter from Gaddafi to Obama posted:
    "To our son, the honorable Barack Hussein Obama: As I have said before, even if, God forbid, there were a war between Libya and America, you would remain my son and I would still love you. I do not want to change the image I have of you. All of the Libyan people are with me, ready to die, even the women and children. We are fighting nothing other than al-Qaida in what they call the Islamic Maghreb. It's an armed group that is fighting from Libya to Mauritania and through Algeria and Mali. ... If you had found them taking over American cities by the force of arms, tell me what you would do?"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

17. Post #417
    OvB
    March 2007
    13,092 Posts
    I was wonder if we were going to use B-2s. Fuck yeah!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #418
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,891 Posts
    B-2s can fuck their shit up without hassle
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

19. Post #419
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,081 Posts
    No BDA yet?

20. Post #420
    OvB
    March 2007
    13,092 Posts
    Those bombers had to be in flight for at least 12 hours meaning they were in the air as the whole thing was unfolding. The Admiral said there were no US planes involved "as of yet."

You sly dog, you. :allears:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Zing Zing x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #421
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,187 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 2 (list)

22. Post #422
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,891 Posts
    :3: How I love stealth bombers

23. Post #423
    August 2009
    1,214 Posts
    Fuck yeah, B-2s.

24. Post #424
    OvB
    March 2007
    13,092 Posts
    This also means they're confident that the Tomahawk barrage took out the majority of their AA. Now they're rolling in the USAF and coalition air forces to hunt down the vehicles.

It's as good as over.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #425
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,891 Posts
    this thread is now about B-2s
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 14Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #426

April 2010
    737 Posts
    Because the UN was asked by people in Libya so the UN is assisting by enforcing a no fly zone.

Please tell me how anyone gets oil out of this?

I mean, it might be a nice side effect if the rebels get into power and sell the west cheap oil. But it doesn't seem to be the desired endgame. The real desired outcome (as made clear, at least by the British PM) is regime change. They want Gaddafi out, now. They have wanted him out for years but now this is a chance for them to get rid of him with minimal effort.
    then why are we all suddenly helping Libya when there are so many more countries that need help from corrupt powerful dictators?
    I do find it hilarious how the governments( especially the US govt) express sympathy towards the Libyan people. They don't really give a fuck. What about all the thousands dead in Iraq? None of them care they only care for their own interests. Yes Gaddafi is a bad man, but i really really doubt the UN got involved JUST for the sake of the Libyan people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

27. Post #427
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,891 Posts
    Oil makes the World run basically every country is affect by Oil prices and etc

Edited:

MORE B-2s

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #428
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,187 Posts
    So basically the B-2 is the most intimidating mother-fucker on the face of the planet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #429
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,898 Posts
    Oil makes the World run basically every country is affect by Oil prices and etc

Edited:

MORE B-2s

It's funny because in that picture, that one B-2 is worth more than all those planes combined, it's also worth one HALF of one of those aircraft carriers.. I can't believe we actually used the fucking things again... Hooray! Also I'm pretty sure those aircraft carriers are the same carrier, just 3 different angles photoshopped in... They're numbered differently, but have the exact same deck layout with the aircraft as each other, everything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #430
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,103 Posts
    then why are we all suddenly helping Libya when there are so many more countries that need help from corrupt powerful dictators?
    I do find it hilarious how the governments( especially the US govt) express sympathy towards the Libyan people. They don't really give a fuck. What about all the thousands dead in Iraq? None of them care they only care for their own interests. Yes Gaddafi is a bad man, but i really really doubt the UN got involved JUST for the sake of the Libyan people.
    Civilians got bombed and the world intervened. Simple as that.
    Also, which news station are you watching?

31. Post #431
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,891 Posts
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOH SHIIIIIIIT IT'S THE F-117

This thread is now about how badass the B-2 and F-117 are
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #432
    OvB
    March 2007
    13,092 Posts
    So basically the B-2 is the most intimidating mother-fucker on the face of the planet.
    UFO sightings increased in the years when it was being developed in secrecy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #433
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,081 Posts
    This also means they're confident that the Tomahawk barrage took out the majority of their AA. Now they're rolling in the USAF and coalition air forces to hunt down the vehicles.

It's as good as over.
    Well, you can't win a conflict from the air alone by systematically annihilating everything you see. I thought Desert Storm and Operation Allied Force were lessons. What if Gaddafi decides to preserve his combat power by moving the bulk of his ground forces into urban areas, or enmeshing with the rebels?

34. Post #434
    OvB
    March 2007
    13,092 Posts
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOH SHIIIIIIIT IT'S THE F-117

This thread is now about how badass the B-2 and F-117 are
    F-117 was replaced with the F-22.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #435
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,187 Posts
    UFO sightings increased in the years when it was being developed in secrecy.
    OH SHIT ITS A UF- wait, no.

It's just the biggest piece of flying military tech to ever drop a bomb on you and have the radar signature of a pigeon

36. Post #436
    Please, Libya, don't shoot the B2 down. Just let it bomb you guys, at least you guys get to enjoy the sheer awesomeness of the B2 bombing you to shreds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #437
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,898 Posts
    Yeah the F-117 is retired now. Shame too, such a beautiful aircraft
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #438
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,081 Posts
    The F-22 and F-117 have different roles. The F-117 was retired because compared to newer aircraft it's too much of a hassle to do the intensive maintenance work.

39. Post #439
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,891 Posts
    wait ummm

My stealth vibe is dead :saddowns:

40. Post #440
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,898 Posts
    The F-22 can do what the F-15/16/18 can do, but better, it can also do what the F-117 can do, but better