1. Post #561
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,992 Posts

That cow. Those eyes.

I'm going to feel sad farming cows now.
    The dogs are adorable though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

2. Post #562
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #563
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    4,846 Posts
    Sorry if it's been answered before but...

How can I make different colored lighting from texture packs work?

Edited:

Lightmaps I mean.

4. Post #564
    At least I don't have alzheimer's.
    January 2011
    2,297 Posts
    Should I try my hand at making a Metroid texture pack?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #565
    TIME ALLEN
    May 2008
    1,640 Posts
    Sorry if it's been answered before but...

How can I make different colored lighting from texture packs work?

Edited:

Lightmaps I mean.
    You can't, it's impossible by default, you'd have to write a mod to do that.

6. Post #566
    October 2010
    11,427 Posts
    Update Painterly, Doku, and Aardvark.

These 3 are now 1.0.0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

7. Post #567
    July 2009
    1,012 Posts
    Looking for C+C for my obsidian, Netherbrick and Lightstone.

I was going for a more abstract look for these bricks because otherwise it looks like every other brick.
    This is part of my Dirt Flavoured Texture pack (I've posted some in the chat thread) And once I finish all the blocks I'll post it here.

8. Post #568
    September 2010
    6,630 Posts
    Looking for C+C for my obsidian, Netherbrick and Lightstone.

I was going for a more abstract look for these bricks because otherwise it looks like every other brick.
    This is part of my Dirt Flavoured Texture pack (I've posted some in the chat thread) And once I finish all the blocks I'll post it here.
    Netherbrick could look great, but it's much too flat looking. Lightstone needs the cracks darkened a bit, I didn't even notice them at first. Obsidian is pretty good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #569
    May 2010
    3,930 Posts
    Bumping for justice.
    Does anyone ever go and make a personal texture pack, and spend a good few hours on it, it's looking good, try it out ingame and oh shit it's the worst thing you've ever seen?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #570
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,055 Posts
    Bumping for justice.
    Does anyone ever go and make a personal texture pack, and spend a good few hours on it, it's looking good, try it out ingame and oh shit it's the worst thing you've ever seen?
    Yes, but that's all part of the process. You start with something you wouldn't show an inanimate object, and eventually you have something you're very proud of.

11. Post #571
    December 2009
    11,826 Posts
    So I'm assuming people here watch the Yogscast guys, right? Anybody know what texture pack they were using when they did the Tourist?

12. Post #572
    May 2010
    3,930 Posts
    So I'm assuming people here watch the Yogscast guys, right? Anybody know what texture pack they were using when they did the Tourist?
    Jolicraft.

13. Post #573
    December 2009
    11,826 Posts
    Yay thanks.

14. Post #574
    February 2010
    2,718 Posts
    So I put an HD texture pack together and it's not working.

I'm on 1.1 and I have OptiFine 1.1 HD D2 installed. The texture pack's .zip shows up in the texture packs screen, but its icon thingie is greyed out and the game just uses the default textures if I try to use it.

The items.png, terrain.png, and kz.png (the image that contains the paintings) images are all 1024 pixels, the sun and moon .pngs are 128 pixels, and everything else is unchanged. And yes, I have checked all of the aforementioned images, and they are all in the right places.

So am I doing anything wrong? Why isn't this texture pack working?

Edited:

Problem solved.

15. Post #575
    May 2010
    3,930 Posts
    Are the files in the zip in a folder, or are they directly in the zip?

16. Post #576
    February 2010
    2,718 Posts
    Are the files in the zip in a folder, or are they directly in the zip?
    I made the texture pack by extracting a vanilla minecraft.jar into a folder, copying said folder, replacing the images I mentioned above, and copying all of the the files and folders in a .zip. The file structure is still exactly the same as it would be in the .jar.

Edited:

Welp, I was wrong. The texture pack's .zip contained a folder which contained the texture pack's files. No wonder it wasn't working.

This probably happened because I used WinRAR to add the folder to a .zip when I should have added the folder's contents instead.

17. Post #577
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,885 Posts
    I use Basico 128x

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...riorns-basico/

It's a bit different now, this is an older version
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #578
    May 2010
    3,930 Posts
    That does look really good, but the stone throws me off to much for me to like it.
    Meh, I'm going to work on my own texturepack hoping to mix the concept of painterly pack and aardvark. But I'm having trouble with making blocks that are normally just noise blocks (Sand, gravel, grass, etc) look good in my version. Anyone have any tips?

19. Post #579
    :)
    December 2011
    696 Posts
    That does look really good, but the stone throws me off to much for me to like it.
    Meh, I'm going to work on my own texturepack hoping to mix the concept of painterly pack and aardvark. But I'm having trouble with making blocks that are normally just noise blocks (Sand, gravel, grass, etc) look good in my version. Anyone have any tips?
    Try to make "chunks" of it, a la Dokucraft dirt. It looks great.

20. Post #580
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    12,112 Posts
    why didn't this thread get locked because of the new one month rule?

21. Post #581
    May 2010
    3,930 Posts
    why didn't this thread get locked because of the new one month rule?
    Not good enough.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #582
    May 2010
    3,930 Posts
    Here's what I've gotten done with on my Personal TP (the t is for terrible)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #583
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,885 Posts
    In the latest version, the Cobblestone looks like Cobblestone instead of brick. The Smoothstone is unchanged though

24. Post #584
    May 2010
    3,930 Posts
    Cobble was fine (although I thought it was brick), but the smoothstone is too smooth.

25. Post #585
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    2,702 Posts
    Thought I might share some pictures of my WIP texture pack. thumbed.

Obsidion

bedrock

stone

grass

farmland

sand

trees

ore from left to right: coal, iron, gold, lapiz, diamond, redstone

planks

workbench

stone blocks from left to right: stone blocks, cracked stone blocks, mossy stone blocks

snow and ice

bookshelf

grass, roses, and dandelions

clay

doors

cobblestone

mossy cobble
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

26. Post #586
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    18,325 Posts
    Bookshelves need work IMO. Tiling is too obvious.

27. Post #587
    TIME ALLEN
    May 2008
    1,640 Posts
    oh dang, you guys bumped this thread.

well, as you can tell, i'm not updating it anymore. so someone else can go and make a new thread if you want.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #588
    May 2010
    3,930 Posts
    I like the pack, but I think the stone blocks could use some work. I'd try giving some darker lines to the cobble and bricks.

29. Post #589
    October 2010
    516 Posts
    Your pack looks good, but you need to move the wood texture because, on the fences, the dark contrast too much.

30. Post #590
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,611 Posts
    Here's what I've gotten done with on my Personal TP (the t is for terrible)

I really like the way you did the dirt.
    The wood is a little contrast heavy.