1. Post #41
    March 2009
    916 Posts
    I developed extreme ocd from playing minecraft.

and autism   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,634 Posts
    Welcome to autism.
    can someone explain to me what autism has anything to do with minecraft?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Dumb Dumb x 1Zing Zing x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    June 2010
    2,153 Posts
    When I play too much minecraft it makes me want to spent time in the country, away from the city.

Dem rolling hills yo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,349 Posts
    Stereotypical autists like to stack things and build with Lego bricks. A lot of my friends with ASD (including myself) are addicted to Minecraft.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Informative Informative x 9Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    February 2010
    5,893 Posts
    Its typical for autistic peoples to be content/happy performing repetitive tasks (mining) and stacking/lining things up (building).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Informative Informative x 3 (list)

6. Post #46
    January 2011
    265 Posts
    ...uh. I resent that. Lego/Minecraft=Autism? A little bit of a ridiculous comment if you ask me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

7. Post #47
    July 2010
    10 Posts
    Your just retarded, who plays minecraft too long. Try playing with yourself. It will stop you playing!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    100% Homemade
    September 2007
    8,322 Posts
    Basically spending all your time playing Minecraft with no social interactions.

It's a stupid joke the internet can't let die, and someone always gets worked up over it and defends Minecraft and starts flaming them.

It's basically just to troll hardcore Minecraft fans, only the smart ones ignore it.

Edited:

...uh. I resent that. Lego/minecraft=autism? A little bit of a ridiculous comment if you ask me.
    I TOLD YOU LEGOLOVER
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    Frequent Habbo Hotel player. PM for free furniture
    January 2010
    7,072 Posts
    I've had this happen to me due to playing too much Flight Simulator. When I was trying to fall asleep I kept hearing radio transmissions running through my head. "Kilo-foxtrot, taxi to runway 31L." It was creepy as fuck. :ohdear:
    I had this once, it was after I played Battlefield 2 for long and I kept hearing "ENEMY BOAT SPOTTED ENEMY BOAT SPOTTED ENEMY BOAT SPOTTED"
    :ohdear:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    February 2010
    5,893 Posts
    I had this once, it was after I played Battlefield 2 for long and I kept hearing "ENEMY BOAT SPOTTED ENEMY BOAT SPOTTED ENEMY BOAT SPOTTED"
    :ohdear:
    I remember trying to fall asleep after playing counterstrike 1.3

Hold this position
    Hold this position
    hold this position
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 22Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    January 2011
    265 Posts
    I TOLD YOU LEGOLOVER
    Oh fffffff-

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,492 Posts
    I remember when I started getting the Tetris effect after watching the first 5 seasons of Red vs Blue, I swear to god I was hearing Sarge and Grif's voice for hours after.

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,541 Posts
    It's called the Tetris Effect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris_effect

It's happened to me once or twice too. I was sorta looking around my apartment and envisioning it like it was organized based on a square grid system. Like every tile on the floor was one unit of space and everything else in the room was built based on the same proportions. Generally this happens if I play a lot right before bed.
    I got this when I first started playing MC and I played it for several hours straight. It was just a subconcious stream of thoughts about what I might do next if I were playing minecraft, and kind of, it's really hard to describe, you sort of see a grid but you sort of don't. You don't see anything there but you look at a wall and your subconcious produces an image of what it would be like with a block on it.

Trippy shit.

Oh and when I play a lot of Assassin's Creed I notice ledges on buildings. In AC you need to climb in a place where it is possible. When I play too much every building I see is subconciously categorised into climbable or not climbable.

I thought I was going insane with both AC and MC. Turns out it's just a very cool normal effect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    March 2011
    2 Posts
    Sometimes, if I've been playing Minecraft for too long in a single day, I'll be lying in bed next to my boyfriend and right before I go to sleep I'll think of an awesome project, tell him all about it and ask him to remember it so I can build it the next day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    October 2009
    4,215 Posts
    Once, I played LoZ OoT for hours on end. I walked outside and expected to hear BG music.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

16. Post #56
    September 2010
    4,166 Posts
    I once started barricading my house after 3 days without sleep and to much Left 4 Dead. My mother wasn't happy when she came back
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 22Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,506 Posts
    One day I spent all day playing Minecraft when I first got it. Next morning when my mom wakes me up and asks what I want to eat I'm still half asleep and mumble, "FENCES!" and she goes, "What? What's that?" and I repeat "Fences!" she's looking at me confused as hell and I say, "You know, like the ones on the stairs!" And went back to sleep.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 12Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,573 Posts
    i became homosexual after seeing so many green penises

Edited:

i saw someone on the mc forums posting that im not gay
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    1,303 Posts
    I played this game and got addicted. I played all day and night during the week. The weekend came up and I went out with friends and I felt really sick, every time I'd close my eyes I'd feel like I'm digging out tunnels or something with a diamond pick axe. It's hard to explain but like, it was almost as if I was being put into MineCraft. It was like that for a few days. Oh, and trying to sleep was a problem , it was almost as if I was never tired and I just wanted to play.

Anyone else have weird experiences like this?
    Happened a bit ago after I played APB:R on a 72 hour amp binge. Shit was in-fucking-tense.

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,784 Posts
    You know what's bad? When you try to go to sleep and right when you close your eyes. *TWANG*
    Scared the hell out of me.
    i have one of those doorstop springs in my room, my cat loves to fuck with me and smack it while i'm trying to sleep
    then he'll just look at me

21. Post #61
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,017 Posts
    I played Minecraft for about 5 days straight while I was home sick for a week. The fever + medicine + too much minecraft made me feel like I was in a completely different dimension. Getting up to go to the bathroom, I would see the world in blocky Minecraft dimensions. It would feel like a tunnel I had dug out. And when I closed my eyes I'd see blocks flying at me as if I was digging a tunnel in the dark. It was the weirdest shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

22. Post #62
    August 2009
    7,895 Posts
    Happened to me after i played Guitar Hero 3 all day and all night long...

Everytime i blink...

Those scrolling lines.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

23. Post #63
    August 2009
    2,842 Posts
    Around the time I first started playing minecraft I had minecraft dreams. I once built an elaborate train system in my dream and people rode around on it and stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

24. Post #64
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,573 Posts
    I played Minecraft for about 5 days straight while I was home sick for a week. The fever + medicine + too much minecraft made me feel like I was in a completely different dimension. Getting up to go to the bathroom, I would see the world in blocky Minecraft dimensions. It would feel like a tunnel I had dug out. And when I closed my eyes I'd see blocks flying at me as if I was digging a tunnel in the dark. It was the weirdest shit.
    i seriously tried to rate you smarked
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 17Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,107 Posts
    Yea try this with Dead Space 2.

Trust me, school nights do NOT go well when you unconsciously hear the ambient noises from dead space.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,143 Posts
    Nope... Just Tucson, or in general... Arizona has enough churches to make the Pope jizz himself.
    Holy shit, fellow Tucsonan!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,812 Posts
    Sometimes if I'm just walking, I'll subconsciously make a noise. It's happened to me 3 times, first I accidentally made D0g's whirring noise, then a month or 2 later I was making that motorboat noise with my lips and it came out like the SMG fire from HL2, and then I was just walking one day, I kinda make a kapoof noise for no reason and it sounded like the grenade launcher from HL2 being shot.

Also, just recently, I walked into the school via the office, and as the door shut behind me, I heard the same sound that spiders make when they're attacking in minecraft, and I ran like hell to the gym.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,479 Posts
    no, go get therapy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

29. Post #69
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,245 Posts
    After suffering a fever and drifting in and out of a sleepy state, I decided to crank up Call of Duty 3 and smack it on Veteran. I was on the driving missions for about an hour and a half.

Woke up the next day feeling fine, and when I got in my friend's convertable to bring me to school, I blurted "Where's the gun?".

I went back inside and slept.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    11,331 Posts
    Holy shit, fellow Tucsonan!
    Ewit, I always go, "EWIT YOUR FROM TUCSON ASWELL?!?!?" and you never responded.

31. Post #71
    I LIKE BIG DUCKS AND I CANNOT LIE, YOU OTHER QUACKS CAN'T DENY
    December 2008
    13,341 Posts
    I remember I was taking a dump and heard a fucking creeper

My stomach exploded
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 20 (list)

32. Post #72
    July 2009
    2,424 Posts
    I have to say I have never experienced this.

33. Post #73
    Sometimes when I play minecraft too much I freak out and hide inside when it gets dark out, cause I think zombies are gonna pop out everywhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #74
    July 2009
    995 Posts
    I sometimes think placing water somewhere makes it infinite and that you scoop out water and it is instantly replaced.

35. Post #75
    Dennab
    August 2008
    4,435 Posts
    I used to play Garry's Mod quite a bit, and I would try and press F on things like doors
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,594 Posts
    I remember one time where I stayed up all night studying and playing Minecraft. The next day, I began hearing the music as well as zombie and skeleton sounds in class.

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    2,773 Posts
    Back when I used to play GTA:SA - I was once sleep deprived and a bit drunk and I saw the GTA HUD before my eyes and saw the yellow cones at building entrances

38. Post #78
    totally not overcompinsating for lack of size elsewhere...
    December 2007
    491 Posts
    I used to have dreams of playing Minecraft when I first found out about it.

39. Post #79
    February 2011
    858 Posts
    It's like getting obesity from eating tons of cakes.

Minecraft gives you autism.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15Useful Useful x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

40. Post #80
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    3,343 Posts
    I had this one time after playing a 6 hour L4D marathon from 4 pm till 10.
    I was awake all night because when i closed my eyes I could hear the witch crying, and every sound outside sounded like zombies.

Edited:

However since I started playing MC I tend to look at proportions in places and think to myself how I could recreate them in minecraft with 1x1m blocks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)